• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
YodaMaster said:
=> make 077516 dormant and wake him at the same time as Mikolaj I and add a duplicated Mikolaj II Knishtov * starting in 1572 but not dormant (of couse all events that refers to 077516 will have to refer to the new duplicated one too). Is it right?

Transfering Ukraine will require Poland owning some neighbour provinces. Otherwise, this shouldn't be an option.

Yes that should work.

Bout Ukraine - POL gets Volyn and Podolia via events so it should border Ukraine province. So my proposal is to add sceedprovince commands to event 3476 option a - recollect the lost sheep along with cores on the following - Volyn, Podolia, Chernigov, Ukraine, Donetsk and Jednisan.

Then add a trigger to a new LIT event which would sleep monarch 077514 and wake 077515 and 077516 with description like : The traitorous Zygimantas II August has transfered Ukraine to Poland in return lithuanian nobles have deposed him from his title as Grand Duke and chosen Mikolaj Radziwill instead.

Anazagar said:
Yes that should work.

Bout Ukraine - POL gets Volyn and Podolia via events so it should border Ukraine province. So my proposal is to add sceedprovince commands to event 3476 option a - recollect the lost sheep along with cores on the following - Volyn, Podolia, Chernigov, Ukraine, Donetsk and Jednisan.

Then add a trigger to a new LIT event which would sleep monarch 077514 and wake 077515 and 077516 with description like : The traitorous Zygimantas II August has transfered Ukraine to Poland in return lithuanian nobles have deposed him from his title as Grand Duke and chosen Mikolaj Radziwill instead.
Defiantly there should be also an option for Lithuania to declare war against Poland in this case. Historically the resistance against such illegal Polish expansion was considered by the Lithuanian pany-rada (Council of Nobility) in 1569; however the Grand Duchy was in catastrophic situation, facing the Muscovite armies at the east.

At last for the Lithuanian player (and AI) there should be an option “B” to try to oppose Poland, especially if there would be no war with other courtiers at the moment.

Lord Grave said:
I just looked at the Poland and Lithuania files in the latest beta in attempt to find out why Poland almost never inherits Lithuania in my games. It seems the problem is in Lithuanian monarchs. The Act of Union sequence starts with a Lithuanian event, either LIT_3447 or LIT_210000. Both events require monarch 077514 (Zygimantas II Augustus) to be the ruler of LIT. LIT_3447 will fire in 1567-1572 period if LIT is not at war. If LIT was at war during this period, LIT_210000 has the time to fire in the first half of 1572. However, the reign of monarch 077514 (Zygimantas II Augustus) is cut short by monarch 077516 (Mikolaj II Knishtov *) who has a start date during the 1569, shortening the window for peaceful event LIT_3447 to only 1567-1569 and making LIT_210000 completely impossible. In other words, if Lithuania was at war during 1567-1569 period Poland-Lithuania commonwealth will never be formed.

I think that monarch 077516 (Mikolaj II Knishtov *) should either be moved to startdate in 1572 or he should be made dormant to be woken up by any event choice in which LIT or POL rejects the Act of Union.
The other issue is the Lithuanian monarchs after the decline of the Jagellons (1572)… The problem is that present monarchs are of the Niaśviž line of the Radziwills House, which was not really so influential in Lithuania until the second half of the 17th century. During the end of the 16th – early 17th century the leading aristocratic force in Lithuania was the Biržai line of the Radziwills, which headed the anti-Vasa Calvinist opposition here and occupied main state offices in Lithuania (Grand Hetmans, Filed Hetmans etc). The last famous male representative of this line was Boguslaw Radziwill, who died in 1668, so after this time the Lithuanian throne could be inherited by the Niaśviž line. Here a list of them:
Code:
 # The Radzivil monarchs if the Union of Lublin rejected 
# Birzy line

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04298 }
	name = "Mikalaj I"
	startdate = { 
		year = 1542
	}
	enddate = { 
		year = 1584
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 7
	MIL = 7
	dormant = no
	remark = "Mikolaj Radziwill the Red, Chancellor of Lithuania"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04299 }
	name = "Krysztap I Mikalaj"
	startdate = { 
		year = 1584
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 20
		month = november
		year = 1603
	}
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 8
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Mikolaj Radziwill the Red"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04300 }
	name = "Janusz I"
	startdate = { 
		day = 20
		month = november
		year = 1603
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 7
		month = november
		year = 1620
	}
	DIP = 2
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 4
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Krzysztof Mikolaj"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04301 }
	name = "Duke Krysztap Radzivil (Regent)"
	startdate = { 
		day = 7
		month = november
		year = 1620
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 19
		month = september
		year = 1640
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 8
	MIL = 7
	dormant = no
	remark = "Brother of Janusz and uncle to Boguslaw"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04302 }
	name = "Baguslau I"
	startdate = { 
		day = 19
		month = september
		year = 1640
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 31
		month = january
		year = 1669
	}
	DIP = 8
	ADM = 9
	MIL = 9
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Janusz, the last representative of the Birzy line"
}

# Niasvizh line

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04303 }
	name = "Mikalaj I Krysztap"
	startdate = { 
		day = 1
		month = july
		year = 1569
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 28
		month = february
		year = 1616
	}
	DIP = 8
	ADM = 9
	MIL = 6
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Son of Mikolaj Radizwill the Black"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04304 }
	name = "Jan Jezy I"
	startdate = { 
		day = 28
		month = february
		year = 1616
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 18
		month = september
		year = 1625
	}
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 3
	MIL = 4
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Son of Mikolaj Krzysztof the Orphan"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04305 }
	name = "Albrecht I Uladyslau"
	startdate = { 
		day = 18
		month = september
		year = 1625
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 2
		month = january
		year = 1636
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 6
	dormant = yes
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04309 }
	name = "Zygimont V Karal"
	startdate = { 
		day = 2
		month = january
		year = 1636
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 5
		month = november
		year = 1642
	}
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 8
	dormant = yes
}
	id = { type = 6 id = 04369 }
	name = "Alaksandar II Ludvig"
	startdate = { 
		day = 5
		month = november
		year = 1642
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 30
		month = march
		year = 1654
	}
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 8
	MIL = 5
	dormant = yes
}
	id = { type = 6 id = 04370 }
	name = "Michal Kazimier I"
	startdate = { 
		day = 30
		month = march
		year = 1654
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 14
		month = november
		year = 1680
	}
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 9
	MIL = 6
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Son of Aleksander Ludwik"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04371 }
	name = "Michal Kazimier I"
	startdate = { 
		day = 31
		month = january
		year = 1669
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 14
		month = november
		year = 1680
	}
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 9
	MIL = 6
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Aleksander Ludwik"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04372 }
	name = "Jezy I Juzef"
	startdate = { 
		day = 14
		month = november
		year = 1680
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 3
		month = january
		year = 1689
	}
	DIP = 4
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 4
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Michal Kazimierz"
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 04309 }
	name = "Karal Stanislau I"
	startdate = { 
		day = 3
		month = january
		year = 1689
	}
	enddate = { 
		day = 2
		month = august
		year = 1719
	}
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Michal Kazimierz, brother to Jerzy Jozef"
}

Lastly something should be done with the names of the Lithuanian monarchs and leaders because presently half of them are named in Lithuania, and another in Polish, some even have kind of multilinguistic hybrid names such as Sigismund the Old… I personally would rather propose to use Ruthenian forms of the names (Old Ruthenian was the writing language of the Lithuanian chancellery until 1697) or Baltic Lithuanian (which is a bit anachronistic for the 16th-17th century, but still).

On the other note: is possible to start Lithuanian Reformation events in 1550-1560s like it historically happened? Because vanilla 1590s-1600s (the age of Counterreformation) are really odd.

Herr Doctor said:
Defiantly there should be also an option for Lithuania to declare war against Poland in this case. Historically the resistance against such illegal Polish expansion was considered by the Lithuanian pany-rada (Council of Nobility) in 1569; however the Grand Duchy was in catastrophic situation, facing the Muscovite armies at the east.

At last for the Lithuanian player (and AI) there should be an option “B” to try to oppose Poland, especially if there would be no war with other courtiers at the moment.

Considering current dislike towards the use of war command i do not think that its a good idea. Nevertheless LIT should keep cores on ukraine thus having a constant CB on POL so declaring war shouldn't be really a problem, plus it wont get much BB if it succeeds.

Anazagar said:
Considering current dislike towards the use of war command i do not think that its a good idea. Nevertheless LIT should keep cores on ukraine thus having a constant CB on POL so declaring war shouldn't be really a problem, plus it wont get much BB if it succeeds.
sounds reasonable

Herr Doctor said:
Lastly something should be done with the names of the Lithuanian monarchs and leaders because presently half of them are named in Lithuania, and another in Polish, some even have kind of multilinguistic hybrid names such as Sigismund the Old… I personally would rather propose to use Ruthenian forms of the names (Old Ruthenian was the writing language of the Lithuanian chancellery until 1697) or Baltic Lithuanian (which is a bit anachronistic for the 16th-17th century, but still).
What do you propose for each monarch then?

Ruthenian form could be the best one according to information about Lithuanian chancellery.

Anazagar said:
Yes that should work.

Herr Doctor said:

Anazagar said:
I agree too.

Do we have all agreed datas for a proposal now?

Herr Doctor said:
On the other note: is possible to start Lithuanian Reformation events in 1550-1560s like it historically happened? Because vanilla 1590s-1600s (the age of Counterreformation) are really odd.
I'm not sure I understand here.

For Protestantism, we have:
Code:
# Estland,Poznan                            1530-1539    85%     90%     95%
# Krakow,Wielkopolska,Masovia,Lithuania     1530-1539     5%     10%     15%
# Belarus,Polotsk                           1530-1539     0%      5%     15%
Or is it something else?

Ok

1580 changed to 1550 for LIT_3448 "Wave of Protestantism"
1590 changed to 1560 for LIT_3449 "Wave of Calvinism"

Correct?

But effects of the events will be before Commonwealth then. Is it really wanted with provincespecific Reformation as it is?

YodaMaster said:
Ok

Correct?

But effects of the events will be before Commonwealth then. Is it really wanted with provincespecific Reformation as it is?
Naturally. Lithuania in 1569 was almost a Reformed country: for example, considering elites, 15 from Lithuanian senators were Calvinists, only 2 (sic!) Catholics and 5 were Orthodox believers. Same with the confession of mass population. If in early 16th century there were 259 Roman-Catholic Churches, at the middle of the same century 49,4% (128) of them turned to Calvinist and Lutheran. With the foundation of the new Protestant parishes, there were 158 of them in 1570, 177 in 1580 and about 200 in 1600s (and this in a terrible Jesuit counterreformation conjuncture of Bathory’s and Sigismund III’s reign!). Only later with harsh actions against the Protestants (including the closer of the Protestant churches and schools in Vilna and other towns) the dynamics changed to "re-catholization".

YodaMaster said:
I agree too.

Do we have all agreed datas for a proposal now?

So my proposal is :

Code:
event = {
	id = 3476 #triggered by LIT_3447 B or LIT_210000 B
	random = no
	country = POL
	name = "EVENTNAME3476" #The Act of Union-'Rzeczpospolita Polska'
	desc = "EVENTHIST3476"

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3476A" #Recollect the lost sheep
		command = { type = casusbelli which = LIT value = 60 }
		command = { type = relation which = LIT value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation which = RUS value = -150 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
[COLOR=Yellow]		command = { type = addcore which = 293 }  #Volyn 
		command = { type = addcore which = 294 } #Chernigov
		command = { type = addcore which = 295 } #Ukraina
		command = { type = addcore which = 296 } #Jedisan
		command = { type = addcore which = 297 } #Podolia
		command = { type = addcore which = 461 } #Poltava
		command = { type = addcore which = 462 } #Krementjug
		command = { type = trigger which = xxxxx } #Kings reaction to lack of union

[/COLOR]

}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3476B" #Let them go in peace
		command = { type = relation which = LIT value = 150 }
		command = { type = relation which = RUS value = 100 }
		command = { type = gainmanufactory which = 299 value = luxury } #Krakow
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 6 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
	}
}

[COLOR=Yellow]event = {
 	id = xxxxx #triggered by POL_3476 A 
 	random = no
 	country = LIT
        name = "Kings reaction to lack of Union"
	desc = "Zygimantas furious about the failiure of his plan has put his threats into life and transfered whole Ukraine to Poland."

action_a = { 
		name = "That traitor or something" #additional cb not necessary LIT still has cores on those provinces
         	command = { type = stability value = 2 } # Nobles unite against common enemy
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 077515 } #Mikolaj I ° if it happens till 1569
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 077516 } #Mikolaj II Knishtov * if post 1569
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 077510 } # Zygimantas II August
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 293 } #Volyn
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 294 } #Chernigov
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 295 } #Ukraina
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 296 } #Jedisan
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 297 } #Ukraina
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 461 } #Poltava
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = POL value = 462 } #Krementjug 
	}
}
[/COLOR]

And for monarchs

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 077514 }
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = april
		year = 1548
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 7
		month = july
		year = 1572
	}
	name = "Zygimantas II August"
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 4
	dormant = no
	remark = "Union of Lublin, 1569"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#Probable Radziwill monarchs if the Union of Lublin had been rejected:
#For a historical explanation See Adam Zamoyski: The Polish Way (p.93)
#(Radziwill genealogy: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atrium/9615/radziwill.html)

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 077515 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1542
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 28
		month = may
		year = 1569
	}
	name = "Mikolaj I °"
	DIP = 7
	ADM = 8
	MIL = 7
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Lithuanian Grand Chancellor, Prince of the Holy Roman Empire. Called 'the Black'."
}
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 077516 }
	startdate = {
		day = 28
		month = may
		year = 1569
	}
[COLOR=Yellow]	deathdate = {
		day = 7
		month = july
		year = 1572
	}[/COLOR]
	name = "Mikolaj II Knishtov *"
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
[COLOR=Yellow]	dormant = yes[/COLOR]
	remark = "Son of Mikolaj I, called 'Sierotka' (Little Ophan)"
}
[COLOR=Yellow]historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 077524 } #first free LIT id for monarch methinks
	startdate = {
		day = 7
		month = july
		year = 1572
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 27
		month = february
		year = 1616
	}
	name = "Mikolaj II Knishtov *"
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 5
	dormant = no
	remark = "Son of Mikolaj I, called 'Sierotka' (Little Ophan)"
}[/COLOR]

YodaMaster said:
Ok

Correct?

I would however rather remove both events and replace them with a fallowing totally modified one:
Code:
#Lithuanian Reformation#
event = { 
	id =3448
	random = no
	country = LIT
	name = "Lithuanian Reformation" 
	desc = "The Grand Duchy of Lithuania, like many of the European countries, was very involved in Reformation religious renewal. The Evangelical teachings were rapidly spreading in the country. What contributed a lot to this process were the Bibles printed by F. Skaryna in Ruthenian language in early 16th century and the fact that many Lithuanians were studying in the Protestant universities of Prague, Wittenberg, Königsberg, Leipzig. In 1553 duke Mikolaj Radziwill ‘the Black’, Chancellor of Lithuania and Voivode of Vilna, one of the most influential magnates of the country, had publicly confessed being an evangelical believer. The same year, he founded Calvinistic Churches (they were called ‘zbory’, or ‘gatherings’ at that time) in Vilna and Brest, where people gathered to hear God's Word preached. At the same time Radziwill printed the Catechism of Evangelical Faith at his own expense. Mikolai Radziwill ‘the Black’ was not alone in his pursuit of Protestantism. In the course of several years the most influential families of Lithuania (the Wollowiczes, the Hlebowiczes, the Sapiehas, the Oginskis, the Chodkiewiczes and many others) numbered among the Evangelical Christians. They opened new Reformed churches, invited pastors and preachers, started schools and opened printing-houses. The books of the Holy Scripture were translated; books and textbooks for schools and catechisms for churches were printed due to their efforts. The Grand Duchy was rapidly becoming an Evangelical country. In 1569 the Senate of the Grand Duchy had only seven people who were not Evangelical believers. A lot of Orthodox believers also accepted new faith.  In the voivodship of Navahradak out of 600 families of the Orthodox gentry more than 580 embraced the evangelical faith. The spread of the Reformation couldn't but influence all the areas of the country's life. The failing Catholic Church of Lithuania at its synods (1538, 1542, 1546) tried to undertake the acts against the Reformation but their attempts failed completely. The Royal authority in a person of Grand Duke Sigismund August announced a principle of non-intervention into religious affairs: ‘I am not the king of your consciences’, which allowed Reformation to spread further."
	style = 2
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1550 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1590 }

action_a ={				
		name = “I am not the king of your consciences"
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = -1 value = reformed }
		command = { type = provincereligion which = -1 value = protestant }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 1 }
		command = { type = trade value = 1000 }
		command = { type = infra value = 1000 }
}
	action_b ={				
		name = “Appose the movement"
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = -2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = POL value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 150 }
		command = { type = relation which = SWE value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = PRU value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = HEL value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation which = HOL value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation which = DAN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = BRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 6 }
	}
}

@Azanagar: Ok for monarchs but about Ukraine, there is still a problem. Does it make sense to see the seven provinces ceded to Poland if they are not connected to Polish mainland in the end?
Shouldn't Poland own already at least one of the provinces or key provinces Podolia or Chernigov? Same question for seeing cores granted (but conditions could be different and what if all the seven provinces are not owned by Lithuania nor Poland?).
In this case, better have a new POL event triggered by POL_3476 action_a for handling cores and that will trigger another new LIT for provinces ceded only.
POL_3476 action_a will still trigger the new proposed LIT event but commands in this event will only be for monarchs and stab (and desc will have to be reworked).
Cession of provinces and cores will then be disconnected from monarchs management because situation on the map could not fit historical situation.

@Herr Doctor: only problem is previous events were "fantasy". Now we will have four random provinces converting to Reformed and one to Protestant during historical existence of Lithuania because action_a is supposed to be the historical choice.
Why not modify Reformation provincespecific events and see "correct" provinces turning to Reformed or Protestant then?
In this case, action_a of of the new proposed event could have no conversion commands and we could have five conversions (maybe less) of heretic provinces to Catholicism. Of course, this new event (even without modification) will only make sense if Lithuania is a Catholic or CRC country.

YodaMaster said:
Why not modify Reformation provincespecific events and see "correct" provinces turning to Reformed or Protestant then?
However there is one serious problem: in Lithuanian case about a half of new Reformed believers (especially nobles) was former Orthodox; but Reformation events work only for the Catholic provinces... Still I think it is a good idea to use provincespecific events instead, because this will defiantly make Reformation less random.

If it is historical to see Orthodox provinces turning Reformed or Protestant in the area, this is not a problem with provincespec Reformation events and we can use this condition. Be my guest. :)

YodaMaster said:
If it is historical to see Orthodox provinces turning Reformed or Protestant in the area, this is not a problem with provincespec Reformation events and we can use this condition. Be my guest. :)
At last for west Lithuanian Orthodox provinces (Polesia/Volynia, Minsk, perhaps also Mozyr) it is absolutely natural, considering the historical background (quite a paradoxical situation really, considering that it was Reformation of the Catholic Church in West European origin).