• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Garbon said:
Horrible geography doesn't mean that they should get money with that inheritance. As far as I know, Ephesus wasn't involved.

Again, the event makes no reference to favored Greeks in Aydin. Unless you're suggesting that the event text should reflect so (a little strange to me), I'd almost suggest that the quality (if needed) be added in a separate event.

post 873 , updated

Dark Scipio said:
One question:

Is there or will there be an event for the ottomans to move the capital out of Konstantinopel, if all surronding provinces are not longer in Ottoman hands, but Ottomans still hold large provinces in East-Anatolia, Egypt or else where?

Further: If the Ottomans loose their turkish prov and their main holdings are the one in Egypt, are there any uprising events or civil war with a reemering mameluk state?
Plausible but almost fantasy. And why only OE in this case? Many capitals could be relocated (ala EU3...).

YodaMaster said:
Any other comment or can we include amended events?

i am awaiting Garbon as I have removed the events he did not like or that they where irrelevant

YodaMaster said:
This is Garbon's birthday, today... Not sure we will see him around here. :)

Aargh,,, a scorpio like me, no wonder we do not truly interact 100% :D

New Graphic set for OE

turAncient set => before the conquest of Constantinople:

Ottoman1375.png

shieldturancientda6.png

smallshieldturancientwn6.png

shieldturancientkp0.png

smallshieldturancientgs7.png

flagturancientzv9.png

Change to default current set with:
Code:
#(1419-1491) The City of Men's Desire - Capital moved
event = {
	id = 3353
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
		control = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
		atwar = no
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3353" #The City of Men's Desire
	desc = "EVENTHIST3353"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1491 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3353A" #Make Constantinople the new Capital
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = flagname which = "" }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = capital which = 357 } #Thrace
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = turkish } #Thrace
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 477 value = turkish } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 478 value = turkish } #Smyrna
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 477 value = sunni } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 478 value = sunni } #Smyrna
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = sunni } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 357 value = 20000 } #Thrace
		command = { type = population which = 477 value = -5000 } #Anatolia
		command = { type = population which = 478 value = -4000 } #Smyrna
		command = { type = population which = 356 value = -3000 } #Bulgaria
		command = { type = population which = 358 value = -2000 } #Macedonia
		command = { type = population which = 1610 value = -2000 } #Antalya
		command = { type = population which = 476 value = -2000 } #Angora
		command = { type = population which = 321 value = -1000 } #Rumelia
		command = { type = population which = 320 value = -1000 } #Dobrudja
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 357 value = 3 } #Thrace
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3353B" #Keep the old one
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = flagname which = "" }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 358 value = turkish } #Macedonia
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 477 value = turkish } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 478 value = turkish } #Smyrna
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 477 value = sunni } #Anatolia
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 478 value = sunni } #Smyrna
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -3 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}
#-#Mehmed II's first action upon conquering Constantinople was marching into the Hagia Sofia and converting it into a mosque. The Sultan planned to make the great city the capital of a new revitalized--and Moslem--version of the Eastern Roman Empire. Mehmed dreamed of expanding the borders of his empire to match the Byzantines at their peak. He did not live to see that happen, but he did oversee the move of the Ottoman capital to Constantinople, which henceforth became known as Istanbul.

After this date, I'm not sure flag change is really worthy, according to all sources I consulted.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Plausible but almost fantasy. And why only OE in this case? Many capitals could be relocated (ala EU3...).

Of course, but 90% is Constaninople that end up isolated, minors just get annexed and the major captials a mostly more in the center. I never saw a isolated London or Madrid, even Paris of a beaten down France is often still connected. But it would be nice for all countries, only Ottomans are the ones that would be need to be made first.

And what speaks against a plausible but almost fantasy event? :)

I just found out Austria was programmed to kill OE in late game. It shouldn't be the case anymore and Austria will only try to conquer her cores now (included in 1.55 beta 2, see post #7020 and OE lost a last war to Austria after that and lost Pest, Croatia and Banat).

We can consider capital should stay in Constantinople if Smyrna or Anatolia are owned. But if both provinces are not owned, capital should only go in a Turkish remaining province. Only problem is this move seems impossible to me if it is very long after the move to Constantinople (a century max). Otherwise OE should simply disappear after being reduced to its capital as Byzantium did before.

Of course we can add a reverse move if OE gets back Smyrna and Anatolia + at least one of Rumelia, Bulgaria or Macedonia.

I think OE should move the capital if Konst. is surrounded but the Ottomans still have a large empire only far away. If they get beaten down everywhere they should stay (like Eastrome) and go down there.

Is there an event for rerising mameluks, if ottomans are beaten down and f.e. only controll Egypt and Thrace?

While I understand the spirit of the event, I can't say that I like it. As state we don't move anyone else's capitals about (how many times should the Ottos be able to retreat and come back?) for ahistorical purposes. In some ways, it reminds me of the suggestion to have Castile/Spain and Portugal's capitals move if there was a resurgent Granada. I think this is better understood as something that is a limitation of the engine and as such, is better left alone.

I know and OE doesn't have such problem in my tests (if player is not involved), at least just after the conquest of Constantinople. OE can be endangered if Hungarian alliance is very strong but changes we made for Poland + Bohemia + Hungary makes it difficult for Hungary to achieve such power and new Balkans events don't change this.
And you're right, we can only model a move with an event (random is not suited for this) but we don't know how many times situation could happen.

Capital move to Constantinople is a political choice. For me it is plausible to have only one move if not too long after conquest if Ottoman expansion in Europe is broken. Problem is we can't define "only within a century after conquest" in a trigger or for startdate/deathdate. But we could use 1550 as deathdate to move back to Anatolia with conditions I proposed. OTOH, if OE is not strong enough at this time and defeated to death with the loss of Smyrna and Anatolia, it is doomed and I admit capital back in Anatolia will not change situation much.

EDIT: btw, what about amended post #873?

Last edited:
I have a reoccurring problem with the Ottoman event to "Inherit" Algeria.

Code:
#(1525-1554) The Ottoman Vassalization of Al-Djazaïr
event = {
	id = 3372 #triggered by ALD_3651 A
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME3372" #The Ottoman Vassalization of Al-Djazaïr
	desc = "EVENTHIST3372"
	#-#In the 1520's, the brothers Barberus, who were Greek renegades who had gone on piracy ventures in the Barbary Coast of Algiers. After much fighting, Arudj, the elder brother, assassinated the pasha of Algiers, but was later himself killed in a combat. His brother Kayr al Din succeeded him and had, at some time, 100 galleys and 4,000 pirates that he used to terrorize the whole Mediterranean. Having received a regular commission of admiral from the Sultan, he placed Al Djazaïr (Algeria) under Ottoman sovereignty prompting Spanish expeditions against Algiers.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3372A" #We accept your submission - Vassal!
		command = { type = vassal which = ALD }
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 0139318 } #Khayr-ad-Din (TUR)
		command = { type = treasury value = 200 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = INF which = 737 value = 7000 } #Al Djazair
		command = { type = relation which = ALD value = 100 }
		command = { type = naval value = 100 }
	}
}

It's not really a bug per se. The problem is that by the time that this event fires, Algeria is a vassal of either Morocco or Tunisia, effectively making the event useless. I have never gained this event "successfully". Could it perhaps be added to the Algiers event

Code:
#(1525-1554) The Ottoman Vassalization of Al-Djazaïr
event = {
	id = 3651
	trigger = {
		exists = TUR
	}
	random = no
	country = ALD
	name = "EVENTNAME3651" #The Ottoman Vassalization of Al-Djazaïr
	desc = "EVENTHIST3651"
	#-#A Turkish pirate of name Aruj, took over Al-Djazaîr in 1516 when he defeated the Spaniards. He then killed the local pasha and proclaimed himself pasha. He was known as Baba Aruj, or father Aruj. This was translated by the Spaniards as Barbarroja (Barbarossa in Italian, or Red beard). He was driven out of Tlemcen by the Spaniards and killed in 1518. However his brother, Khayr ad-Din Barbarossa, succeeded him. He sought protection from the Ottoman Empire and was appointed beylerbey. Driven out in 1520 by the Hafsids, he returned in 1525, massacring Arabs and Kabyles who resisted him. Under his rule Al-Djazaîr accepted the overlordship of the Ottoman Empire and continued the fight against the Spaniards, the Hafsids of Tunis and the Zayyanids of Tlemcen.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1525 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1554 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3651A" #Accept the Protection of the Grand Sultan
		command = { type = trigger which = 3372 } #TUR: The Ottoman Vassalization of Al-Djazaïr
		command = { type = dynastic which = TUR }
		command = { type = treasury value = 200 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = XHO value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUN value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -100 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = TUN value = 24 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = XHO value = 24 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = SPA value = 24 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3651B" #Decline the Sultan's Offer
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -100 }
		command = { type = galleys which = -1 value = 15 }
		command = { type = transports which = -1 value = 5 }
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
}

some line making Algiers braking their old vassal status? Or perhaps the event won't fire if they already are a vassal?

We have no condition to test if a country is vassal of any other one and no command to break vasselage from current liege (liege must appear by its tag). Easy, isn't it?

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
We have no condition to test if a country is vassal of any other one and no command to break vasselage from current liege (liege must appear by its tag). Easy, isn't it?

We could though use a trigger to see if Algiers is a vassal to one of the frequent suspects (Morocco, Tunisia, possibly Tlemcen) and based on that, prevent the sequence from occurring.