• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Couldn't all these alliance commands end with a weird not wanted situation?

At least we should be sure Hungary doesn't exist at first and/or significant chunk of it is really owned by OE. Maybe a TUR event to check this situation and to be added in trigger of all other proposed events?

YodaMaster said:
Couldn't all these alliance commands end with a weird not wanted situation?

At least we should be sure Hungary doesn't exist at first and/or significant chunk of it is really owned by OE. Maybe a TUR event to check this situation and to be added in trigger of all other proposed events?

Alliance commands will not work IRC if they are already in alliances, besides , do we not have other events with alliance commands ??? what weird situations do you mean.

HUN I will put in .........HUN to not exist

The events will not fire unless the OE and HLeague are neighbours

Historically , OE was fighting continusously aganst HAB and POL at this time, so if the league formed or not, was besides the point , the quest for the League was to stop the Turk, because the TURK was not stopping

event below........ is it correct ????

#(1489-1819) Ottoman rule in the Balkans solidified
event = {
id = 301062
trigger = {
NOT = { exists = ALB }
owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
owned = { province = 358 data = -1 } #Macedonia
owned = { province = 361 data = -1 } #Albania
control = { province = 357 data = -1 }
control = { province = 358 data = -1 }
control = { province = 361 data = -1 }
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "EVENTNAME301062" #Ottoman Rule solidified
desc = "EVENTHIST301062"
#-#With the traitorous dog Iskander Bey dead and the lands between Adria and Bosporus firmly under our control we have a solid position to rule the Balkans.

date = { day = 9 month = may year = 1489 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1819 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME301062A" #Now we have a solid base to expand from
command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = turkish } #Thrace in case that the ottomans did not have the City of Mens desire event when they took Byzanz later 1491 or were always at war
command = { type = provinceculture which = 477 value = turkish } #Anatolia
command = { type = provinceculture which = 478 value = turkish } #Smyrna
command = { type = provincereligion which = 477 value = sunni } #Anatolia
command = { type = provincereligion which = 478 value = sunni } #Smyrna
command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = sunni } #Thrace
command = { type = provinceculture which = 358 value = turkish } #Macedonia
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}
}

i would have thought, that the OE must own thrace, Hellas and Morea to gaurantee the last bastion of "free" Greeks is gone. As historically the provinceculture change was on the Greeks in Asia minor.

and yes i would keep .........NOT = { exists = ALB } .....as it prevents an Albanian domination in Greece.

In regards to the Morosini stuff, is it worth the effort 2 script a 'Explosion at the Parthenon' in Athens which he caused?

Also with the Cretan War, would it make any ahistorical sense to have a coward's option where VEN cedes Crete to TUR with +relations & sleepevents the whole war sequence??

aylo1 said:
In regards to the Morosini stuff, is it worth the effort 2 script a 'Explosion at the Parthenon' in Athens which he caused?

??? like what ??. do we have one for when Spain sacked Rome for a week in 1527.

+200 for sacking the town ?

suggest something

Also with the Cretan War, would it make any ahistorical sense to have a coward's option where VEN cedes Crete to TUR with +relations & sleepevents the whole war sequence??

No , it would never happen, considering that VEN invested 450 years of production etc plus the 55000 venetians that migrated there over that time., the titles and land sold to these migrating venetians,
I think the venetians in venice would have killed the doge and all the senate if they did that :D

Toio said:
suggest something

For TUR
*-manufactory
*-population\maybe tax
*-vp (ie prestige)
*-25 land (since it was being used as an arsenal)

For VEN
*-Vp (ie 4 destroying monument?)
*+100 gold from looting

PS I tend 2 overlook things but if not done already, add trigger KNI Carrack of Alexandria 4 the Cretan War sequence.

aylo1 said:
For TUR
*-manufactory
*-population\maybe tax
*-vp (ie prestige)
*-25 land (since it was being used as an arsenal)

For VEN
*-Vp (ie 4 destroying monument?)
*+100 gold from looting

PS I tend 2 overlook things but if not done already, add trigger KNI Carrack of Alexandria 4 the Cretan War sequence.

why an event like this, seems irrelevant and we have no other similar event in the game,

If by some chance this event is supported, then the event needs a trigger of:
control of hellas by ven at this date in time

Toio said:
event below........ is it correct ????

#(1489-1819) Ottoman rule in the Balkans solidified
event = {
id = 301062
trigger = {
NOT = { exists = ALB }
owned = { province = 357 data = -1 } #Thrace
owned = { province = 358 data = -1 } #Macedonia
owned = { province = 361 data = -1 } #Albania
control = { province = 357 data = -1 }
control = { province = 358 data = -1 }
control = { province = 361 data = -1 }
}
random = no
country = TUR
name = "EVENTNAME301062" #Ottoman Rule solidified
desc = "EVENTHIST301062"
#-#With the traitorous dog Iskander Bey dead and the lands between Adria and Bosporus firmly under our control we have a solid position to rule the Balkans.

date = { day = 9 month = may year = 1489 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1819 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME301062A" #Now we have a solid base to expand from
command = { type = provinceculture which = 357 value = turkish } #Thrace in case that the ottomans did not have the City of Mens desire event when they took Byzanz later 1491 or were always at war
command = { type = provinceculture which = 477 value = turkish } #Anatolia
command = { type = provinceculture which = 478 value = turkish } #Smyrna
command = { type = provincereligion which = 477 value = sunni } #Anatolia
command = { type = provincereligion which = 478 value = sunni } #Smyrna
command = { type = provincereligion which = 357 value = sunni } #Thrace
command = { type = provinceculture which = 358 value = turkish } #Macedonia
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}
}

i would have thought, that the OE must own thrace, Hellas and Morea to gaurantee the last bastion of "free" Greeks is gone. As historically the provinceculture change was on the Greeks in Asia minor.

and yes i would keep .........NOT = { exists = ALB } .....as it prevents an Albanian domination in Greece.

The event was my suggestion. My intention was not to check if the "free greeks" are gone.

The reasons were:
1) have an event that grants TUR albanian culture (at a time when they did not gain it by another event, now they gain the albanian culture with one of their sultans) but only after Skanderbegs death and when they actually control Albania and a landconnection to Albania.
2) Grant TUR the conversions and culturechanges that also appear in the "City of Mens desire" event - in case that either that event never fires (e.g. TUR does capture Thrace too late for that event when someone else has conquered Byzantium - which happened several times in my games).
3) Allow TUR to rule the area Albania/Macedonia/Thrace without penalties even AFTER they lose greek culture (there has been a change, that TUR will lose greek and slavonic culture sometime before the end of the game) because they held that area even still in 1911.

I also mentioned that the Kosovo province should have an event to change to Albanian culture (after Serbia has vanished and the Albanians have become loyal subjects of the Sultan) to allow TUR to rule Kosovo without penalties as well after losing slavonic culture (and because historically Kosovo had more and more Albanians in it following the Ottoman conquest. However I never came to suggesting such an event myself.

Toio said:
Another set to complete the series of Francesco Morosini and his era.

Note , I need to know the new treaty of karolwitz event , so that I can merge it with these below

Code:
(1682) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 111111 
	trigger = {
		neighbour = TUR
		atwar = no
		countrysize = 6
           NOT = { exists = HUN }
		}
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME111111" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST111111"
	#-#

date = { month = january year = 1682 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { month = june year = 1690 }

action_a ={ #War then#
		name = "Free Hungary from the Turk"
	        command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 100 }
                command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -200 }
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 } 
		command = { type = alliance which = POL }
		command = { type = alliance which = VEN } 
		command = { type = alliance which = RUS }
		}
	action_b ={ #Ignore the Pope#
		name = "Just send a warning"
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -200 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 100 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 48 } 
		}
}

EVENTNAME111111;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST111111;In the winter of 1682-83 a defensive-offensive coalition of powers formed against the Turks. The Pope organized another Holy League comprising of Austria, Poland, Saxony and Bavaria. The Venetians determined to join the struggle, signed in March 1684. Russia was eventually to join this League in 1686;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME111111A;War then;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME111111B;Ignore the Pope;;;;;;;;;;

If Austria, despite having TUR as neighbour and being large (you check that is has at least 6 provinces), with no Hungary still choses B - then I think the punishment should be harsher. Normally any good catholic Austrian would follow the popes suggestion, much more so as Austria always claims the crown of Hungary - denying and ignoring that, and ignoring the historical events should result in Austria losing the cores on Hungary.

ConjurerDragon said:
The event was my suggestion. My intention was not to check if the "free greeks" are gone.

The reasons were:
1) have an event that grants TUR albanian culture (at a time when they did not gain it by another event, now they gain the albanian culture with one of their sultans) but only after Skanderbegs death and when they actually control Albania and a landconnection to Albania.
2) Grant TUR the conversions and culturechanges that also appear in the "City of Mens desire" event - in case that either that event never fires (e.g. TUR does capture Thrace too late for that event when someone else has conquered Byzantium - which happened several times in my games).
3) Allow TUR to rule the area Albania/Macedonia/Thrace without penalties even AFTER they lose greek culture (there has been a change, that TUR will lose greek and slavonic culture sometime before the end of the game) because they held that area even still in 1911.

i am only asking for a change in triggers, nothing else, my way gaurantees that this event will fire more often , than what we have now , with a super tough ALB , who when their province is seiged by whoever , those invaders loose a lot of men via attrition and a steady supply of men is required

I also mentioned that the Kosovo province should have an event to change to Albanian culture (after Serbia has vanished and the Albanians have become loyal subjects of the Sultan) to allow TUR to rule Kosovo without penalties as well after losing slavonic culture (and because historically Kosovo had more and more Albanians in it following the Ottoman conquest. However I never came to suggesting such an event myself.

yes i agree with this and i have already made kosovo albanian in the new map.

I am experimenting with Kosovo as albanian now, along with istria and dalmatia ( representing the illyians) .

ConjurerDragon said:
If Austria, despite having TUR as neighbour and being large (you check that is has at least 6 provinces), with no Hungary still choses B - then I think the punishment should be harsher. Normally any good catholic Austrian would follow the popes suggestion, much more so as Austria always claims the crown of Hungary - denying and ignoring that, and ignoring the historical events should result in Austria losing the cores on Hungary.

your suggestion is to loose all cores for all HUN provinces or only provinces not bordering historical austria?

From ToDo list:
Ottoman Cores: I don't know if it's intentional, but when the Ottomans get a core on Podolia, they don't have cores on any province touching Podolia - neither Moldovia or Wallachia are ever considered Ottoman cores. This makes it hard for them to conquer Podolia, since keeping Moldovia as a one-province vassal usually means Poland adds it to their holdings.
Suggestion:
Code:
#(1648) The Conquests of Mehmed IV
event = {
	id = 301008
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301008" #The Conquest of Mehmed IV
	desc = "EVENTHIST301008"
	#-#

date = { day = 8 month = August year = 1648 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301008A" #Help the Cossaks
		command = { type = addcore which = 480 } #Crete
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = addcore which = 296 } #Jedisan[/COLOR]
		command = { type = addcore which = 297 } #Podolia
		#command = { type = AI which = TUR_Generic.ai }
	}
}
#-#In 1648, the Ottomans invaded Crete. After twenty years of war, they took the island in 1668. In 1672, the Cossaks of the Ukraine asked for help against Poland, offering their vassalage to the Empire. Mehmed's Grand Vizier, Köprülü Ahmed, came to their aid, defeating Poland and adding Podolia to the Empire. The Cossaks, however, soon broke their vassalage.

Code:
#(1690-1780) The Treaty of Karlowitz
event = {
	id = 301015
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			OR = {
				owned = { province = 353 data = -1 } #Pest
				owned = { province = 365 data = -1 } #Dalmatia
				owned = { province = 366 data = -1 } #Croatia
				owned = { province = 323 data = -1 } #Transylvania
				owned = { province = 324 data = -1 } #Maros
				owned = { province = 325 data = -1 } #Magyar
			}
		}
		core = { province = 353 data = -1 } #OE has cores on Hungary
	}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME301015" #The Treaty of Karlowitz
	desc = "EVENTHIST301015"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1690 }
	offset = 200
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1780 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME301015A" #The Empire is doomed
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = removecore which = 296 } #Jedisan[/COLOR]
		command = { type = removecore which = 297 } #Podolia
		command = { type = removecore which = 316 } #Carpathia
		command = { type = removecore which = 317 } #Ruthenia
		command = { type = removecore which = 323 } #Transylvania
		command = { type = removecore which = 324 } #Maros
		command = { type = removecore which = 325 } #Magyar
		command = { type = removecore which = 326 } #Presburg
		command = { type = removecore which = 351 } #Austria
		command = { type = removecore which = 352 } #Odenburg
		command = { type = removecore which = 353 } #Pest
		command = { type = removecore which = 365 } #Dalmatia
		command = { type = removecore which = 366 } #Croatia
	}
}
#-#Having been defeated decisively by a coalition of Austria, Russia, Poland and Venice and lost control over large chunks of the Balkan, the Ottoman Empire was forced to sign a humiliating peace treaty in 1699 in the Serbian city of Karlowitz. All Hungary except the Banat of Temesvar, Croatia and Slavonia were ceded to Austria, Podolia to Poland, Dalmatia and the Peloponnesus to Venice. Russia got Azov in a separate treaty signed in 1700. Except for Greece, none of these losses was ever recovered permanently. The disintegration of the Empire had begun.

Mameluk expedition to Diu

Caught some typos thanks to Toio. Occurs to me that the actual admiral might be useful. Values from EP. Added ownership requirements from a suggestion by Garbon
Code:
#(1508-1515) Fight Back Against the Portuguese Interference in the Spice Trade
#by sturmvogel
event = {
	id = 219009
	trigger = { 
                event = 18012 #POR: Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean
 		owned = { province = 717 data = -1 } #Nile
		control = { province = 717 data = -1 } #Nile
                exists = POR           
        }
	random = no
	country = MAM
	name = "EVENTNAME219009" #Fight Back Against the Portuguese Interference in the Spice Trade
	desc = "EVENTHIST219009"
	#-#

date = { month = february year = 1508 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1515 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219009A" #How dare they interfere with our trade!
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -200 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = POR value = 90 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 50 } #Have to buy timber from the Venetians for the ships
		command = { type = galleys which = 717 value = 6 } #Nile 
		command = { type = warships which = 717 value = 6 } #Nile 
		command = { type = INF which = 717 value = 5000 } #Nile
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 083302 } #Mir Hozem
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219009B" #Leave things well enough alone.
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = 50 }
	}
}
EVENTNAME219009;Fight Back Against the Portuguese Interference in the Spice Trade;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST219009;Portuguese depredations on Muslim shipping in the Indian Ocean greatly disrupted the spice trade in Alexandria where Venetian merchants came to buy the precious material. The Mameluk Sultan ordered a fleet built, using wood imported from the Black Sea by the Venetians, to defeat the upstarts. Amir Hussain led the fleet to Diu, in Gujarat where he conferred with Malik Ayaz, a former Russian slave and the Governor of Diu for the Sultan of Cambay. There he heard of a small Portuguese fleet anchored nearby at Chaul under the leadership of Lourenço de Almeida, son of the Portuguese Viceroy. Although many of the Portuguese galleys escaped Lourenço de Almeida was killed in the battle and his ship captured. In February 1509 Francisco de Almeida massed his ships and sailed to Diu to revenge his son. There he decisively defeated the Egyptian, Gujarati and Calicutian ships, dying the whole harbor crimson to quote one chronicler. This victory established the Portuguese as masters of the Indian Ocean until the arrival of the English and Dutch during the next century.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME219009A;How dare they interfere with our trade!;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME219009B;Leave things well enough alone.;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 083302 }
	category = admiral
	name = "Mir Hozem" 
	startdate = { year = 1507 }
	deathdate = { year = 1510 }
	rank = 1
	movement = 3
	fire = 3
	shock = 2
	location = 717 #Nile
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Fought the Portuguese in the battle of Diu" 
}

Last edited:
sturmvogel said:
Code:
#(1508-1515) Fight Back Against the Portuguese Interference in the Spice Trade
#by sturmvogel
event = {
	id = 219009
	trigger = { event = 18012 } #POR: Commercial Conflict in the Indian Ocean
	random = no
	country = MAM
	name = "EVENTNAME219009" #Fight Back Against the Portuguese Interference in the Spice Trade
	desc = "EVENTHIST219009"
	#-#

date = { month = february year = 1508 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1515 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219009A" #How dare they interfere with our trade!
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = -200 } 
		command = { type = casusbelli which = POR value = 90 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 50 } #Have to buy timber from the Venetians for the ships
		command = { type = galleys which = 717 value = 6 #Nile 
		command = { type = warships which = 717 value = 6 #Nile 
		command = { type = INF which = 717 value = 5000 } #Nile
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME219009B" #Leave things well enough alone.
		command = { type = relation which = POR value = 50 }
	}
}
EVENTNAME219009;Fight Back Against the Portuguese Interference in the Spice Trade;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST219009;Portuguese depredations on Muslim shipping in the Indian Ocean greatly disrupted the spice trade in Alexandria where Venetian merchants came to buy the precious material. The Mameluk Sultan ordered a fleet built, using wood imported from the Black Sea by the Venetians, to defeat the upstarts. Amir Hussain led the fleet to Diu, in Gujarat where he conferred with Malik Ayaz, a former Russian slave and the Governor of Diu for the Sultan of Cambay. There he heard of a small Portuguese fleet anchored nearby at Chaul under the leadership of Lourenço de Almeida, son of the Portuguese Viceroy. Although many of the Portuguese galleys escaped Lourenço de Almeida was killed in the battle and his ship captured. In February 1509 Francisco de Almeida massed his ships and sailed to Diu to revenge his son. There he decisively defeated the Egyptian, Gujarati and Calicutian ships, dying the whole harbor crimson as one chronicler said. This victory established the Portuguese as masters of the Indian Ocean until the arrival of the English and Dutch during the next century.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME219009A;How dare they interfere with our trade!;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME219009B;Leave things well enough alone.;;;;;;;;;;

you need some } for some commands

we had this conversation recently in the forum, and it was stated that the OE was involved as well from 1509,

Also, OE presence, corruption by POR officials and asian fleet refusal to pay port tax , resulted in loss of POR spice trade from the 1550's to 1600.

@Sturmvogel: Nice event, but you might want to spice it up a little if you check this thread about the Naval Battle of Diu in the History Forum.

It's really just a start. I need to see how it works in practice before I continue to examine Gujarati behavoir during this period. Probably needs some tweaking of the Mameluk AI.

It was actually a spin-off of some work that I'm doing on the initial Portugese entry into the Indian Ocean.

Toio said:
you need some } for some commands

we had this conversation recently in the forum, and it was stated that the OE was involved as well from 1509,

Also, OE presence, corruption by POR officials and asian fleet refusal to pay port tax , resulted in loss of POR spice trade from the 1550's to 1600.

Thanks for pointing out the missing brackets. I read that discussion and I'm not fully persuaded that they was there as official representatives of the Sublime Porte rather than renegades. At any rate it would only rate a mention in the text at best.

Still have to work an event sequence covering the later siege of Diu where the Ottomans were involved.

The other stuff is also for later, right now I'm reworking all of the Malacca and Ormuz events and adding a sequence for Aden as well.