• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Toio said:
Lucky i did not put my 225 event for 30 year war in. :D

I'm interested :) I plan TYW scenario for my ExtraWatk, but I'm too lazy to make all the research alone.
Personally I'd love to see new map for TYW only, but my graphics skills are just .. non-existent? :p

seriously, maybe you can play without events, i never tried , throw all agceep events out and run the game, might work....
then game becomes too unhistorical :D it's hard to balance all for ones taste.

or make some suggestions as to why you think this way, is the game boring, or ????
just overall feeling. Some events without b choice, some with war starting just after peace was made by engine.

events about declining Ottomans come to mind or about the end of Spanish military domination. :eek:o

I did a spellcheck on the recent submission. Good texts. http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6236234&postcount=653

First:
Capitalize "Balkans".

Second:
Typo "biggger". Morea should always be capitalised, and I'm uncertain as to why it's sometimes called "Morea" and sometimes "the Morea". I prefer simple "Morea", but at least it should be consistent.

Third:
Capitalise Morea. Also, antiTurkish should be anti-Turkish. Final . missing

Norrefeldt said:
I did a spellcheck on the recent submission. Good texts. http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6236234&postcount=653

First:
Capitalize "Balkans".

Second:
Typo "biggger". Morea should always be capitalised, and I'm uncertain as to why it's sometimes called "Morea" and sometimes "the Morea". I prefer simple "Morea", but at least it should be consistent.

Third:
Capitalise Morea. Also, antiTurkish should be anti-Turkish. Final . missing

done

I have amended the cretan war events and removed the war command

below are the amended

Code:
#(1645) Cretan war
event = {
	id = 777777 
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 480 data = VEN }
		atwar = no
		}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME777777" #Cretan war
	desc = "EVENTHIST777777"
	#-#

date = { month = march year = 1645 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { month = july year = 1669 }

action_a ={ #War then#
		name = "Stop the Latin pirates"
	        command = { type = casusbelli which = VEN value = 260 }
                command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -200 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = KNI value = 60 }
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 } 
		command = { type = transports which = -1 value = 10 } 
		command = { type = trigger which = 555555 }
		}
	action_b ={ #The embarrasement is not great#
		name = "Just send a warning"
		command = { type = casusbelli which = VEN value = 6 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = KNI value = 6 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 24 } 
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 555555 } 
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 222222 }
                command = { type = sleepevent which = 999999 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 333333 }
		}
}

EVENTNAME777777;The Cretan War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST777777;In 1644 the Knights of Malta attacked an Ottoman convoy on its way from Alexandria to Istanbul. They landed at Candia with the loot, which included part of the Sultan's harem, returning from a pilgrimage to Mecca. On hearing of this, the sultan was outraged that these Latin pirates had embarrased him again. Crete must be taken to avoid further piratical raids. 60,000 Ottoman troops led by Yussut Pasha disembarked on Venetian Crete to begin the war;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME777777A;War then;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME777777B;The embarrasment is not great;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1645) Cretan war
event = {
	id = 555555 
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME555555" #Cretan war
	desc = "EVENTHIST555555"
	#-#

action_a ={ #The turk will invade#
		name = "prepare for war"
		command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 260 }
		command = { type = warships which = -2 value = 10 }
		command = { type = galleys which = -2 value = 10 } 
		command = { type = trigger which = 999999 }
		}
}

EVENTNAME555555;The Cretan War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST555555;The war for Candia  lasted 24 years, from 1645 to 1669, and was markedly different from the 1570-73 war against the Turks. The latter was an epoch-making conflict of empires and civilisations at the height of their powers - in political and military terms Venice was actually the greatest Christian power active in the Levant. After 1640, when it became clear that the Turks had set their sights on Candia, Venice mobilised a formidable fleet, which included ships of galleys, galleasses and galleons for a fleet total of 120. In the course of 24 years of war the Venetians were generally on the offensive, often achieving stunning victories, including preventing the ability of the Turks to organise convoys of reinforcements for Crete. On prior commencement to the conflict, Venice sent 33000 troops to Crete of which 12000 where mercenaries from Hanover, Brunswick and Cleves, a further 5000 Venetian troops where sent to Dalmatia;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME555555A;The turk will invade;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1648) The Seige
event = {
	id = 999999 
	trigger = {
		war = { country = TUR country = VEN }
               	NOT = {
		owned = { province = 480 data = TUR } #crete
	}
}
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME999999" #Fortify Candia
	desc = "EVENTHIST999999"
	#-#

date = { month = may year = 1648 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { month = march year = 1669 }

action_a ={ #Fortify Candia#
		name = "Fortify and supply"
		command = { type = fortress which = 480 value = 1 }
               	command = { type = MIL which = 2 value = 60 }
		command = { type = transports which = -2 value = 5 }
		}
	action_b ={ #Abandon Candia#
		name = "Candia cannot be held"
		command = { type = removecore which = 480 } #crete
		command = { type = trade value = -500 } 
		command = { type = manpower value = -1 }
		command = { type = cash value = -50 }
		}
}

EVENTNAME999999;The Seige;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST999999;In May 1648, the siege of Candia began. The Turks spent three months investing the city, which included cutting off the water supply. For the next 22 years, the Turks bombarded the city without being able to gain entry. Being a sea power, the Venetians sought to blockade the Dardanelles to prevent the Turks from resupplying their troops on Crete. This lead to a series of naval actions focused on Crete .On 7 November 1659, with the signing of the Treaty of the Pyrenees and peace between France and Spain, Venice received more aid from the other western states. However, after the signing of the Peace of Vasvár (August 1664), the Turks were also able to bring more forces to bear.The siege which was to last 28 months had lasted 22 years, the longest seige in history, cost over 108,000 Turks and 29,088 Christians dead. These casualties included 280 Venetian noblemen, a figure equivalent to roughly a quarter of the Grand Council ;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME999999A;Fortify Candia;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME999999B;Abandon Candia;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1659) Christian Reinforcements
event = {
	id = 222222 
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
		war = { country = FRA country = SPA }
	}
}
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME222222" #Reinforcements
	desc = "EVENTHIST222222"
	#-#

date = { month = november year = 1659 }

action_a ={ #Reinforcements#
		name = "French Reserves"
		command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 5000 } 
		}
}

EVENTNAME222222;Reinforcements;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST222222;The Treaty of the Pyrenees was a treaty signed in 1659 to end the war between France and Spain that had begun in 1635 during the Thirty Years' War. It was signed on Île des Faisans. On 7 November 1659, with this signing of the Treaty of the Pyrenees, Venice received more aid from the other western states, especially from France who arrived in Candia under the Papal Flag. This was done as to not destroy the good relations between France and the Ottomans;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME222222A;Reinforcements;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1664) Ottoman Reinforcements
event = {
	id = 333333 
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
		war = { country = HAB country = TUR }
	}
}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME333333" #Reinforcements
	desc = "EVENTHIST333333"
	#-#

date = { month = august year = 1664 }

action_a ={ #Reinforcements#
		name = "Ottoman Reserves"
		command = { type = INF which = -1 value = 10000 } 
		}
}

EVENTNAME333333;Reinforcements;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST333333;The Peace of Vasvár was a treaty between the Austrian Habsburg Monarchy and the Ottoman Empire which followed the Battle of Saint Gotthard of August 1, 1664. It held until 1683, when the Turks laid siege to Vienna for the second time. This peace treaty released thousands of Ottomans troops for their current conflict with Venice;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME333333A;Reinforcements;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1669) Mystery Peace
event = {
	id = 888888 
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 365 data = TUR } #dalmatia
                [COLOR=Yellow]control = { province = 480 data = TUR } #crete[/COLOR]
                event = 999999
		}
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME888888" #Mystery peace
	desc = "EVENTHIST888888"
	#-#

date = { month = september year = 1669 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { month = june year = 1680 }

action_a ={ #Mystery Peace#
		name = "Swapping lands"
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = TUR value = 480 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = 100 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 600 }
		command = { type = removecore which = 480 } #crete
                command = { type = trigger which = 444444 }
            }
	action_b ={ #Fight on#
		name = "Catholic reserves"
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 25 }
}
}

EVENTNAME888888;Mystery Peace;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST888888;It is still a mystery why Francesco Morosini made a peace treaty with the Turks on 6 September 1669, without asking authorisation from the Senate , especially since the war situation and international circumstances did not seem to require it, for the Republic's chances then seemed good.The negotiations for the peaceful surrender of Candia to the Turks allowed Morosini to avoid further losses of troops and equipment. It also meant that he could take treasures from the churches and archives of a 465-year-old administration back home to Venice. As part of the negotiations, all Christians were allowed to leave the city with whatever they could carry with them. In addition, Venice retained the possession of three fortresses (Grambusa, Souda and Spinalonga) on islets, which protected natural harbours where the Venetian ships could stop during their route eastwards and was compensated for the loss of Crete by an expansion in Dalmatia.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME888888A;Mystery Peace;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME888888B;Fight on;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1669) Mystery Peace
event = {
	id = 444444 
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 365 data = TUR } #dalmatia
		}
	random = no
	country = TUR
	name = "EVENTNAME444444" #Mystery peace
	desc = "EVENTHIST444444"
	#-#

action_a ={ #Mystery Peace#
		name = "Swapping lands"
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = VEN value = 365 } #dalmatia
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 100 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 20 } 
		}
}

EVENTNAME444444;Mystery Peace;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST444444;The negotiations for the peaceful surrender of Candia to the Turks allowed the Venetians to take treasures from the churches and archives of a 465-year-old administration back home to Venice. As part of the negotiations, all Christians were allowed to leave the city with whatever they could carry with them. In addition, Venice retained the possession of three fortresses (Grambusa, Souda and Spinalonga) on islets, which protected natural harbours where the Venetian ships could stop during their route eastwards and was compensated for the loss of Crete by an expansion in Dalmatia. It was said, that when the Turks entered Candia after the departure of the Venetians, the final population count of that city was 53;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME444444A;Mystery Peace;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
@Toio

Just a suggestion in coding:

Please remove
trigger = {event = 777777 and 888888 }

from events 555555 and 444444 as they result in a plain CTD.

Event 333333 doesn't need to be triggered by event 222222, it could simply check/test in its own trigger if event 222222 has already fired.

Mystery peace shouldn't happen if the war never happened, i.e. add 999999 as trigger.
You shouldn't have ongoing tense in "Swapping lands" and "stopping the latin pirates" -> Swap/Stop

As I read history the Creten war was BAD for Venice, and GOOD for TUR. The total effects of your events is VERY GOOD for VEN (a lot freebies) and only a little GOOD for TUR (some freebies). Start with scrapping/changing event 444444 and rebalance 555555+999999+222222 vs 777777+333333. Remove the offensive -1 in 999999 in another event, or remove it from here.
Would a player ever contemplate 888888? I'm still unconvinced that we should implement peace agreements, however strange, by events.

Bordic said:
@Toio

Just a suggestion in coding:

Please remove
trigger = {event = 777777 and 888888 }

from events 555555 and 444444 as they result in a plain CTD.

Event 333333 doesn't need to be triggered by event 222222, it could simply check/test in its own trigger if event 222222 has already fired.

done,

Norrefeldt said:
Mystery peace shouldn't happen if the war never happened, i.e. add 999999 as trigger.

done

You shouldn't have ongoing tense in "Swapping lands" and "stopping the latin pirates" -> Swap/Stop

what u mean?

As I read history the Creten war was BAD for Venice, and GOOD for TUR. The total effects of your events is VERY GOOD for VEN (a lot freebies) and only a little GOOD for TUR (some freebies). Start with scrapping/changing event 444444 and rebalance 555555+999999+222222 vs 777777+333333. Remove the offensive -1 in 999999 in another event, or remove it from here.

hopefully rebalance. check it out as I also realigned the events and add your thoughts for some commands

on the true facts, It was a Phyrric victory for the OE, they gained crete but lost Dalmatia,
lost 95% of sea battles , which is loss of men as VEN did not take OE prisoners , but executed them.
lost all the treasures of candia
lost 95% of that population of Candia which represented 35% of Crete in which the Greeks where resettled in the Ionian islands by the Venetians.

The fact that Morisini made this pact without the Venetian senate approval, was due to that he did not realise that the war had swung around to the Venetian side as POL and RUS where about to join , this was the case and proved 15 years later , when the same man (morisini) reconquered Morea and Hellas and was only prevented by a plague on his troops to recapture Negroponte.
Other VEN commander Niccolo di Strassoldo took Bosnia in the same war.
Treaty of Karlowitz was the result.

Ven
Lost Crete
Lost their second biggest arsenal on crete
lost ease of trade with alexandria and the levant

weighed up altogether and the OE victory was not very good.

Would a player ever contemplate 888888?

question is........ would you swap Crete for Dalmatia as VEN??

I'm still unconvinced that we should implement peace agreements, however strange, by events.

you mean , we should have NO treaties where lands are given from one nation to another nation??

I'll look into the rest later.
Toio said:
you mean , we should have NO treaties where lands are given from one nation to another nation??
I said peace agreements. All sold territory, like Corsica and Louisiana is fine. I would really like to get more HC opinion on this. I understand that this province exchange will never take place unless it is scripted, but on the other hand the game result might be far from reality anyhow. If a war starts it is likely that other provinces change hands too and the historical deel is made on top of that. Perhaps Dalmatia should only be given to Venice after peace is concluded and TUR have taken Crete? But then, a player of TUR of course wont take Crete now, but rather some other time.

The text "stopping the latin pirates" should be "Stop the Latin pirates".

Last edited:
Norrefeldt said:
I'll look into the rest later.
I said peace agreements. All sold territory, like Corsica and Louisiana is fine. I would really like to get more HC opinion on this. I understand that this province exchange will never take place unless it is scripted, but on the other hand the game result might be far from reality anyhow. If a war starts it is likely that other provinces change hands too and the historical deel is made on top of that. Perhaps Dalmatia should only be given to Venice after peace is concluded and TUR have taken Crete? But then, a player of TUR of course wont take Crete now, but rather some other time.

The text "stopping the latin pirates" should be "Stop the Latin pirates".

The chances of this event (888888) ever firing is about 5% , so whats the huge issue ??

What about an extra trigger like ----- OE CONTROL crete

Toio said:
The chances of this event (888888) ever firing is about 5% , so whats the huge issue ??

What about an extra trigger like ----- OE CONTROL crete

I think the issue is less about how frequently the event will fire and more on whether or not we should have "peace" events. Besides, if it is as you say and there is only about a 5% chance of the event ever firing...why add it? ;)

Garbon said:
I think the issue is less about how frequently the event will fire and more on whether or not we should have "peace" events. Besides, if it is as you say and there is only about a 5% chance of the event ever firing...why add it? ;)
???
It is historical , thats what AGCEEP is about, right?

On peace treaties whats this event below then ??

event = {
id = 137012

}
}
random = no
country = BUR
name = "EVENTNAME137012" #Settlement at Arras
desc = "EVENTHIST137012"
#-#A peace treaty was stipulated in Arras between Louis XI of France and the local governments of Burgundian Low Countries since Mary, Duchess of Burgundy had died a few months before. The Treaty arose primarily as a means with which to secure the Low Countries from Louis's claims, and thus preserve the stability and status of Duke Philippe's lowland inheritance. The Treaty formally rendered to Louis provinces in his realm that he had claimed at the outset of the war, and also recognized and reaffirmed Flandern as fief of France. In order to solidify a lasting peace, the Treaty pledged Mary's daughter, Margaret, to Louis's son and heir, Charles. Thus, Louis's acquisitions were, in light of the treaty, dowry for Margaret's marriage. Maximilian, of course, would have to agree to the marriage.

date = { day = 23 month = December year = 1482 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 23 month = December year = 1492 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME137012A" #Preserve the lowlands
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 382 } #Calais
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 383 } #Picardie
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 387 } #Franche-Comté
command = { type = secedeprovince which = FRA value = 379 } #Artois
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = 200 }
command = { type = removecore which = 376 } #Nivernais
command = { type = removecore which = 379 } #Artois
command = { type = removecore which = 383 } #Picardie
command = { type = removecore which = 386 } #Champagne
command = { type = removecore which = 387 } #Franche Comte
command = { type = removecore which = 409 } #Bourgogne
command = { type = trigger which = 170061 } #FRA: Margarete's dowry
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME137012B" #Let's defend them instead
command = { type = stability value = -2 }
command = { type = DIP which = -2 value = 24 }
command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 24 }
command = { type = MIL which = -2 value = 24 }
command = { type = revolt which = 378 } #Brabant
command = { type = revolt which = 378 } #Brabant
command = { type = revolt which = 380 } #Flandern
command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 25 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -75 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 170000 } #FRA: The Treaty of Senlis
command = { type = sleepevent which = 179062 } #HAB: Louis's Proposal
}
}

this is a peace treaty, is it different to mine.

peace, marriage, heritary treaties are all the same to me.

If you want to be honest about these treaties, then we should add another trigger to indicate that the nations in question at least fought for it

like...........

trigger = {
NOT = { war = { country = FRA country = BUR } }
flag = Habsburg
flag = Brussels
OR = {
owned = { province = 379 data = -1 } #Artois
owned = { province = 387 data = -1 } #Franche-Comté
control = { province = 376 data = -1 } #Nivernais
control = { province = 409 data = -1 } #Bourgogne

It seems the AGCEEP have different rules for different modders :D

Toio said:
???
It is historical , thats what AGCEEP is about, right?

On peace treaties whats this event below then ??

It seems the AGCEEP have different rules for different modders :D

Perhaps you didn't read it, but here is my initial post, once again:

Garbon said:
How vital is it that this peace be simulated? I think that in general we only try to "script" peaces when it a) can't really happen under game mechanisms and b) is rather important for overall history of the region.

Garbon said:
Perhaps you didn't read it, but here is my initial post, once again:

I apologize, though you where against it due to your other views of why have the peace event

Toio said:
I apologize, though you where against it due to your other views of why have the peace event

Yea that semi-standard is why I'm tentatively against. I'm not convinced that it is important for the region, although I do understand that the peace could never occur like that without events. So really, I'm just asking : why?

Another set to complete the series of Francesco Morosini and his era.

Note , I need to know the new treaty of karolwitz event , so that I can merge it with these below

Code:
(1682) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 179085 
	trigger = {
		neighbour = TUR
		atwar = no
		countrysize = 6
           NOT = { exists = HUN }
		}
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME179085" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST179085"
	#-#

date = { month = january year = 1682 }
	offset = 90
	deathdate = { month = june year = 1690 }

action_a ={ #War then#
		name = "Free Hungary from the Turk"
	        command = { type = casusbelli which = TUR value = 100 }
                command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -200 }
		command = { type = alliance which = POL }
		command = { type = alliance which = VEN } 
		command = { type = alliance which = RUS }
		}
	action_b ={ #Ignore the Pope#
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -200 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -2 value = 48 } 
                command = { type = removecore which = 353 } #pest
                command = { type = removecore which = 325 } #magyar
                command = { type = removecore which = 324 } #maros
                command = { type = removecore which = 317 } #rutheria
                command = { type = removecore which = 323 } #transylvania
                command = { type = removecore which = 354 } #banat
                command = { type = removecore which = 364 } #bosnia
                command = { type = removecore which = 355 } #serbia
                command = { type = removecore which = 322 } #wallachia
                command = { type = removecore which = 316 } #carpathia
		}
}

EVENTNAME179085;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST179085;In the winter of 1682-83 a defensive-offensive coalition of powers formed against the Turks. The Pope organized another Holy League comprising of Austria, Poland, Saxony and Bavaria. The Venetians determined to join the struggle, signed in March 1684. Russia was eventually to join this League in 1686;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME179085A;War then;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME179085B;Ignore the Pope;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
(1682) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 258045 
	trigger = {
		neighbour = TUR
		atwar = no
		countrysize = 6
           NOT = { exists = HUN }
		}
	random = no
	country = POL
	name = "EVENTNAME258045" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST258045"
	#-#

offset = 90

action_a ={ #War then#
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 5000 } 
		command = { type = alliance which = HAB }
		}
	action_b ={ #Ignore the Pope#
		}
}

EVENTNAME258045;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST258045;In the winter of 1682-83 a defensive-offensive coalition of powers formed against the Turks. The Pope organized another Holy League comprising of Austria, Poland, Saxony and Bavaria. The Venetians determined to join the struggle, signed in March 1684. Russia was eventually to join this League in 1686;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME258045A;War then;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME258045B;Ignore the Pope;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
(1684) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 326054 
	trigger = {
		neighbour = TUR
		atwar = no
		countrysize = 4
            NOT = { exists = HUN }
		}
	random = no
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME326054" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST326054"
	#-#

date = { month = march year = 1684 }
	offset = 90

action_a ={ #Hawks say War#
		name = "Regain our Greek lands"
		}
	action_b ={ #Doves say Peace#
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = POL value = -100 }
		}
}

EVENTNAME326054;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST326054;Some in Venice saw a revival of their old empire could be possible with the alliance with Austria and Poland. The debate between the warhawks and the doves was voted for in favour of an aggressive partnership with Leopold and Sobieski. Francesco Morosini was made captain-general and for him, Venice was not merely the international drawing-room of Europe, but the centre of an imperial power;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME326054A;Hawks say War;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME326054B;Doves say Peace;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
(1682) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 273034
	trigger = {
		atwar = no
               NOT = { exists = HUN }
		}
	random = no
	country = SAC
	name = "EVENTNAME273034" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST273034"
	#-#

offset = 90

action_a ={ #War then#
		}
}

EVENTNAME273034;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST273034;In the winter of 1682-83 a defensive-offensive coalition of powers formed against the Turks. The Pope organized another Holy League comprising of Austria, Poland, Saxony and Bavaria. The Venetians determined to join the struggle, signed in March 1684. Russia was eventually to join this League in 1686;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME273034A;War then;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
(1682) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 125032 
	trigger = {
		atwar = no
               NOT = { exists = HUN }
		}
	random = no
	country = BAY
	name = "EVENTNAME125032" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST125032"
	#-#

offset = 90

action_a ={ #War then#
		}
}

EVENTNAME125032;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST125032;In the winter of 1682-83 a defensive-offensive coalition of powers formed against the Turks. The Pope organized another Holy League comprising of Austria, Poland, Saxony and Bavaria. The Venetians determined to join the struggle, signed in March 1684. Russia was eventually to join this League in 1686;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME125032A;War then;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
(1686) Ottoman war
event = {
	id = 271010 
	trigger = {
		neighbour = TUR
		atwar = no
		countrysize = 12
		}
	random = no
	country = RUS
	name = "EVENTNAME271010" #Ottoman war
	desc = "EVENTHIST271010"
	#-#

date = { month = january year = 1686 }
	offset = 90

action_a ={ #War then#
		name = "Gain the Black sea from the Turk"
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 10000 } 
		}
}

EVENTNAME271010;The Ottoman War;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST271010;In the winter of 1682-83 a defensive-offensive coalition of powers formed against the Turks. The Pope organized another Holy League comprising of Austria, Poland, Saxony and Bavaria. The Venetians determined to join the struggle, signed in March 1684. Russia was eventually to join this League in 1686. The Russian ambitions where to gain an exit through the Black sea. The excuse of a Holy League to fight the Turk suited the Russians, as war to to eventuate anyway. This was the beginning of many Russo-Turkish wars;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME271010A;War then;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
@Toio, just keep

EVENTNAMEXXXXXX;<text>;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHISTXXXXXX;<text>;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAMEXXXXXXA;<text>;;;;;;;;;;

outside CODE markups for all events. It is easier to read.

YodaMaster said:
@Toio, just keep

EVENTNAMEXXXXXX;<text>;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHISTXXXXXX;<text>;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAMEXXXXXXA;<text>;;;;;;;;;;

outside CODE markups for all events. It is easier to read.

done,