• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am working with Yoda in several bugs from 1.39. There is a little bug in one of the events for Volta and the first battery.
In 1.39, you have 3 events for Volta and his battery: one for Austria (in Flavor_Physics), one for Milan (in Specific_Milan) and one for Italy (in Fantasy_Italy).
These events are :
Code:
### Alessandro Volta (for HAB)
### (text from Weisstein's World of Scientific Biography)
### (http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/)
event = {
	id = 172055
	trigger = {
		domestic = { type = innovative value = 3 }
		stability = 0
		owned = { province = 389 data = -1 }
		[COLOR=ORANGE]NOT = { event = 172054 } #BUG : event 172054 doesn't exist[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = HAB

name = "EVENTNAME5241" #Volta and the first battery
	desc = "EVENTHIST5241"
	#-#Volta was an italian physicist who constructed a device for accumulating a large charge 
by a series of inductions and groundings. He investigated the 'animal electricity' of Galvani and found 
that the current was generated from the contact of dissimilar metals, and that the frog leg was only 
acting as a detector. Using this principle, in 1800 he constructed the first battery to produce electricity. 
Volta's method of stacking round plates of copper and zinc separated by disks of cardboard moistened 
with salt solution was termed a Voltaic pile. By touching the copper and zinc disks together, Volta showed 
them to be oppositely charged.

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1800 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1801 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME5241A" #Interesting! Any practical applications?
		command = { type = infra value = 50 }
	}
}

--------------------------------------------------------------

### Alessandro Volta (for MLO)
### (text from Weisstein's World of Scientific Biography)
### (http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/)
### By mfigueras
event = {
	id = 5241
	trigger = {
		stability = 0
	}
	random = no
	country = MLO
	desc = "EVENTHIST5241"
	#-#Volta was an italian physicist who constructed a device for accumulating a large charge 
by a series of inductions and groundings. He investigated the 'animal electricity' of Galvani and found 
that the current was generated from the contact of dissimilar metals, and that the frog leg was only 
acting as a detector. Using this principle, in 1800 he constructed the first battery to produce electricity. 
Volta's method of stacking round plates of copper and zinc separated by disks of cardboard moistened 
with salt solution was termed a Voltaic pile. By touching the copper and zinc disks together, Volta showed 

offset = 360

action_a = {
	}
}

--------------------------------------------------------

#Alessandro Volta
event = {
	id = 193046
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			exists = MLO
			event = 5241
		}
		NOT = { event 172055 }
		stability = 0
	}
	random = no
	country = ITA
	desc = "EVENTHIST5241"

date = {day = 1 month = march year = 1800 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = {day = 29 month = december year = 1801 }

action_a = {
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 5241 } #MLO: Volta and the first battery
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 172055 } #HAB: Volta and the first battery
	}
}

The bug is in orange. But, as you can see, we have 3 versions for the same event, and each of these versions have in trigger :

I think we can have only one version of this event based on the province :

Code:
#Alessandro Volta
event = {
	id = 172055
	trigger = {
		stability = 0
	}
	random = no
	province = 389 #Milan
	desc = "EVENTHIST5241"

offset = 360

action_a = {
	}
}
IIRC, Volta had worked without any subvention from a state. So I think, anyone who owned Milan could take profit from his works. But Yoda has suggested me that only europeans should have this event.

Suggestions ?

Edit : the event was in the file Fantasy_Italy, not Specific_Italy as I said previously (thanks to Yoda ;) )

Last edited:
Aegnor said:
I am working with Yoda in several bugs from 1.39. There is a little bug in one of the events for Volta and the first battery.
In 1.39, you have 3 events for Volta and his battery: one for Austria (in Flavor_Physics), one for Milan (in Specific_Milan) and one for Italy (in Fantasy_Italy).

The bug is in orange. But, as you can see, we have 3 versions for the same event, and each of these versions have in trigger :

I think we can have only one version of this event based on the province.
IIRC, Volta had worked without any subvention from a state. So I think, anyone who owned Milan could take profit from his works. But Yoda has suggested me that only europeans should have this event.

Suggestions ?
Good idea. I think that only Europeans should get it too, since this kind of research only took place in European states at the time.

Here is an event about Venice policies towards Jews determining by decree of 29 March 1516 the first Ghetto in the world!
Code:
# Expulsion of the Spanish Jews
# By Fodoron
event = {
	id = 285044
	random = no     
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285044"
	desc = "EVENTHIST285044"
	style = 1 
	date = { day = 30 month = july year = 1492 }

action_a = { # expell them
		name = "ACTIONNAME285044A"
		command = { type = population which = 436 value = -500 } # Castilla
		command = { type = population which = 438 value = -500 } # Murcia
		command = { type = population which = 439 value = -2500 }# Toledo
		command = { type = population which = 443 value = -2500 }# Andalucia
		command = { type = treasury value = 200 } # Gold and communal properties seized
		command = { type = stability value = 1 } 
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 12 value = -2 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 439 value = -1 } # Toledo
		command = { type = provincetax which = 443 value = -1 } # Andalucia
		command = { type = loansize which = 100 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = -1 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -1 value = 60 }
	}
	action_b = { # keep them
		name = "ACTIONNAME285044B"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 } 
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 12 value = 2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = innovative value = 1 }
		command = { type = ADM which = 1 value = 60 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 50 } # Jews offered gold to revert edict
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = sleepevent which = 326037 } #VEN: The Ghetto[/COLOR]
	}
}

# (1516) The Ghetto
# By Bordic
event = {
	id = 326037
	trigger = { event = 285044 } #SPA: Expulsion of the Spanish Jews
	random = no     
	country = VEN
	name = "EVENTNAME326037" #The Ghetto
	desc = "EVENTHIST326037"
	#-#

date = { day = 28 month = March year = 1516 } 

action_a = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME326037A" #Let's build a quarter for them
		command = { type = population which = 370 value = 2500 } #Venice
		command = { type = provincetax which = 370 value = 1 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 1 } #due to loans
		command = { type = infra value = -50 }
		command = { type = trade value = 100 }
	}
	action_b = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME326037B" #We have no place to host them
		command = { type = population which = 370 value = -500 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = 1 } #Jewish merchants lost
		command = { type = infra value = 100 }
		command = { type = trade value = -50 }
	}
}

EVENTNAME326037;The Ghetto;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST326037;Around X century the Jews who came to Venice were usually merchants and moneylenders. Until the end of XIII century they weren't even allowed to settle in the city with the exception of the island of Spinalunga, later known as Giudecca. In 1394 only the Jews who were not moneylenders were allowed to remain in the city, the others were expelled. However they were forced to certain restrictions, like wearing various markings on their clothing to identify themselves as Jews (generally yellow badges or hats, changed in red in 1500). Jews weren't allowed to own lands and build synagogues, they were even forced to attend Christian services or become baptized and often subjet to anti-Jewish aggressions. Following the expulsion from Spain and Portugal in 1492 lots of Jewish immigrants came to Venice and decisions had to be taken about whether Jews should be allowed to remain in the city. On 29 March 1516 the Council of Ten decreed to let the Jews remain, however their residence would be confined to Ghetto Nuovo (New Ghetto), a small, dirty island of Cannaregio sestiere (a quartier in Venice) named after the Venetian word 'geto' meaning 'casting' for the iron foundries located there in those centuries and pronunced with a hard 'g' by the German Jews, who first settled there. The area was then isolated by wide surrounding canals and linked to the rest of the city by means of two bridges, which were closed by Christian guards at night and during certain Christian festivals, when all Jews were required to stay away. In Venice Jews were only permitted to work at pawn shops, act as moneylenders, trade in second hand goods or practice medicine and in order to leave the Ghetto at day they had to wear distinguishing marks or hats. In 1541, Jewish immigrations from the Levant, Spain and Portugal increased the population of the Ghetto so that, even if many six-story 'skyscrapers' had been built because of the lack of space, the quarter was enlarged to the neighbouring area, the Ghetto Vecchio (Old Ghetto). Despite the poor living conditions, Jewish community life in the Ghettp continued to grow, centered around Jewish rituals, customs and celebrations in synagogues built on buildings' top floors in respect of local laws which forbade synagogues in separate buildings. After 1630, when the Jewish population of Venice reached 5,000 inhabitants, the Ghetto’s boundaries extended to the Ghetto Nuovissimo.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME326037B;We have no place to host them;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME326037A;Let's build a quarter for them;;;;;;;;;;

EDIT: made amendments as suggested and added the sleepevent in the SPA event! :)
changed id #.

Last edited:
I think it's an important event that should be connected to the Spanish one. However, the effects are more far-reaching than the text suggest.
It doesn't seem stability of nationwide unrest were at stake, so I would suggest:

Code:
	action_a = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME326036A" #Let's isolate them
	}
	action_b = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME326036B" #No place for them
		command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = 1 } #jewish merchants lost
	}
}

The infra and trade changes are very small in comparison, but I don't mind them. I'm not sure what the ADM changes model, but it's needed for balance I guess.

Norrefeldt said:
I think it's an important event that should be connected to the Spanish one. However, the effects are more far-reaching than the text suggest.
It doesn't seem stability of nationwide unrest were at stake...
OK, for Spanish one connected to it, not sure for stability since Jews coming to Venice would have upset locals, I suppose...
The infra and trade changes are very small in comparison, but I don't mind them. I'm not sure what the ADM changes model, but it's needed for balance I guess.
I have thought that infra is connected to ADM variations and trade to mercantilism, that is why I have given small values. Should I increase them? By which amounts?
ADM variations are, IMO, connected to problems in administrating the Ghetto with the surrounding sestieri.
Should I also add in action_a some +treasury or +2 province_tax in order to reflect more taxes paid by Jews ?

Norrefeldt said:
It doesn't seem stability of nationwide unrest were at stake, so I would suggest:

Code:
	action_a = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME326036A" #Let's isolate them
	}
	action_b = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME326036B" #No place for them
		command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism value = 1 } #jewish merchants lost
	}
}

I agree with this.

more on venetian views on jews below

The venetians grouped the jews into 3, Levantine, German and Ponentine.

The levantine jews where in the levant and dealt with venetian merchants, the Ponentine jews where in venetian colonies and where not allow to set foot in Venice. a famous jew from the ponentine was Daniele Rodriga (rodriguez) who got permission from the venetian Government to enlarge the Port of spalato (split) to take more trade directly overland from constantinple. this "new" port meant the end of ragusa as a merchant city.
the third are the german jews, who stayed in venice, had to where a yellow O if they stayed longer than 2 weeks and had to leave for a year after being in Venice for a year. And could own NO property and only deal with second hand goods and charge these goods at a maximum of 15% of the new value.

The venetian mentality on jews was because they were nationless, all other nations within Venice had equal treatmant as the venetian citizens more or less, be them Greek, Armenian, Turks, French etc.
It ironic that if Israel as a nation existed then , then the jews would have been treated differently, and would have been referred to as Israelis.

Venice was never going to accept religious fervour within their state, as religious fervour destoys a nation was there view. another reason why the jesuits were thrown out of Venice permantly (the sarpi affair).

No heretic died in Venice due to the inquisition.

On more events that the event could be used to reflect :

-The Jewish bankers from Ferrara fled to Venice to escape the Inquisition, an event to tie this in with Mantua of Modena (whoever is Ferrrara)

- Joseph Nasi ( a jew) in the levant , tried to bypass Venice by dealing with Ancona. He financed the OE and was the main agitator in the Lepanto war of 1571

- 1777, Venice's council of Ten ordered that no jew can hire a ventian citizen

- In 1662 the Ponetine jews where allowed to sail there ships into Venice as long as they where manned without jews.

There , long winded, but needed a certian explanation

Following discussion about Savoy and its vassalage to France I would also suggest to lower down starting relations between Savoy and Dauphiné/France:

in 1419_DAU_Dauphine.inc diplomacy and in 1419_FRA_France.inc diplomacy (just to be more sure!) :

Code:
relation = { tag = SAV value = 90 }

and also the inclusion of this event (the event hist is the same as in SAV17412 "Civil war in Savoy") if France has annexed Savoy before that date:

Code:
#(1472) The betrayal of Yolande (if France owns Savoyard territories)
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = [COLOR=Yellow]170057[/COLOR]
	trigger = { 
			NOT = { exists = SAV }
			 OR = {	owned = { province = 404 data = -1 } #piemonte
				owned = { province = 405 data = -1 } #savoie
			}
	}
	random = no
	country = FRA
	name = "EVENTNAME[COLOR=Yellow]170057[/COLOR]" #The betrayal of Yolande
	desc = "EVENTHIST17412"
	#-#

date = { day = 0 month = June year = 1472 }

action_a = { 
		name = "ACTIONNAME170057A" #Savoy escaped from our control
		command = { type = independence which = SAV }
                command = { type = relation   which = BUR value = -25 } #Louis' sister Yolande sides with Charles le Téméraire     
	}
}

EVENTNAME170057;The betrayal of Yolande;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME170057A;Savoy escaped from our control;;;;;;;;;;

I would also suggest some modifications to the event below but I am not really sure of its historicity. Please some comments would be needed before a future submission:

Code:
event = {
	id = 17410
	random = no
	country = SAV
	name = "EVENTNAME17410" #A General Statute of Laws
	desc = "EVENTHIST17410"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1430 }
	offset = 180 #from 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1431 } #added

action_a ={			
		name = "ACTIONNAME17410A" #Establish the Code of Laws
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = relation   which = FRA value = -60 } #no French influence in imperial lands[/COLOR]
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = INNOVATIVE value = 1 }
		command = { type = gainbuilding which =-2 value = bailiff }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -2 value = 1 } 
		command = { type = treasury value = -20 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = infra value = 100 } #strengthens government
	}
	action_b ={			
		name = "ACTIONNAME17410B" #Rely on local Custom
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = relation  which = FRA value = -30 }[/COLOR] 
		command = { type = domestic which = SERFDOM value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = MERCANTILISM value = -1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = -1 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = trade   value = 50 } #helps cities	
	}
}

Last edited:
New modification to MONARCHS.NAP:

CONSIDERATIONS
Ferdinand King of Aragon and Sicily and regent of Spain conquered Naples together with Louis XII of France in execution of the treaty of Granada stipulated in 1500. In 1501 Federico of Naples abandoned the throne and retired in France in the duchy of Anjou, assigned to him by Louis XII entering Naples. But soon a new war broke out between France and Spain for the possession of a land (capitanata) important for collecting tolls on migrating flock. By 1504 Aragon (or Spain according to actual eu2 setup) conquered Naples chasing the French out of Southern Italy.
So Ferdinand of Aragon as king of Naples (Ferdinando III) is to be removed in exchange for Federico's son Ferdinando III*.
I know that the latter is a "fantasy monarch" but it is far more logical to use him instead of the real Ferdinando III (of Aragon of course!) if Naples survives after 1501!

So, according to the consideration above, the following monarch is to be removed from monarchs.nap:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06737 }
	startdate = {
		day = 1
		month = august
		year = 1501
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 23
		month = january
		year = 1516
	}
	name = "Ferdinando III"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 3 
	remark = "Ferran II of Aragon and Sicily"
}
and these other three monarchs are to be modified accordingly:
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06736 }
	startdate = {
		day = 7
		month = october
		year = 1496
	}
	deathdate = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]day = 9 
		month = september 
		year = 1504 [/COLOR] 
	}
	name = "[COLOR=Yellow]Federico I[/COLOR]" 
	DIP = 5
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 3
	[COLOR=Yellow]remark = "Ferrandino's uncle, he retired in the Duchy of Anjou after the French/Spanish invasion"[/COLOR]
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06737 }
	[COLOR=Yellow]startdate = {
		day = 9
		month = september
		year = 1504
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1550
	}
	name = "Ferdinando III*" 
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 4
	ADM = 3
	remark = "Federico's son, last member of Naples Trastamara Dynasty in direct line"[/COLOR]
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06738 }
	startdate = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]year = 1550[/COLOR]
	}
	deathdate = {
		day = 29 
		month = september 
		year = 1556 
	}
	name = "Carlo IV"
	DIP = 4
	MIL = 3
	ADM = 3
	remark = "Emperor Charles V"
}

I don't know if the stats for Neapolitan kings starting from Carlo IV must be the same as those used by Hapsburgs kings. I seemed to have read in past threads (also in this very thread at the beginning when talking about NAP monarchs...) that there were some consensus to use those higher stats instead of the vanilla ones in order to balance the Angevin/Lorraine kings.

EDIT: also the sleeping monarchs 06748 and 06749 currently in version 1.40 are to be removed from monarchs.nap list if we modify the Neapilitan rulers as shown above...

Last edited:
Just nitpicking on correct names: Do we mean the members of the House of Savoy to be written only in French for simplicity or just start to use Italian when it was introduced as official language adopted in Savoyard public acts in 1562?
If the answer is: "Yes, Italian should be used!",
then here are my suggestions to use Italian names for SAV monarchs after 1562 (Emmanuel-Philibert included!)

Code:
in monarchs.sav :

id 05029 Emanuele Filiberto	instead of 	Emmanuel-Philibert
id 05030 Carlo Emanuele I	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel I
id 05031 Vittorio Amedeo I	instead of 	Victor Amédée I
id 05032 Francesco Giacinto	instead of 	François-Hyacinthe
id 05033 Carlo Emanuele II	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel II
id 05034 Vittorio Amedeo II	instead of 	Victor Amédée II
id 05035 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel III
id 05036 Vittorio Amedeo III	instead of 	Victor Amédée III
id 05037 Carlo Emanuele IV	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel IV
id 05038 Vittorio Emanuele I	instead of 	Victor Emmanuel I

in leaders.sav :

id 09821 Emanuele Filiberto	instead of 	Emmanuel Filiberto
id 09822 Carlo Emanuele I 	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel I
id 09825 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel III

in monarchs.ita :

id 13231 Emanuele Filiberto	instead of 	Emmanuel-Philibert
id 13232 Carlo Emanuele I	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel I
id 13233 Vittorio Amedeo I	instead of 	Victor Amédée I
id 13234 Francesco Giacinto	instead of 	François-Hyacinthe
id 13235 Carlo Emanuele II	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel II
id 13236 Vittorio Amedeo II	instead of 	Victor Amédée II
id 13237 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel III
id 13238 Vittorio Amedeo III	instead of 	Victor Amédée III
id 13239 Carlo Emanuele IV	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel IV
id 13240 Vittorio Emanuele I	instead of 	Victor Emmanuel I

in leaders.ita :

id 26020 Emanuele Filiberto	instead of 	Emmanuel Filiberto
id 26021 Carlo Emanuele I 	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel I
id 26023 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel III

And here is the text to be improved in the part which refers to Italian adopted in the duchy:

EVENTHIST17417;Emanuele Filiberto succeeded to the ducal throne while all his territories were under French occupation. He served as a general in the Emperor's army with great success and his territories were returned to him at the peace closing the Italian wars. He consolidated his power and swept away many of the traditional governing structures of the state, he organized a national army based on conscripts and a new innovative tax system which permitted to take the census in the duchy. In 1562 he introduced Italian as the official language to be adopted in ducal administration and legislation and in the judicial system, so replacing Latin with a more comprehensible language to the population.;;;;;;;;;;8548

Text entries to be modified using Italian names instead of French ones:

EVENTNAME17419 Carlo Emanuele III
EVENTNAME17418 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTNAME17417 Emanuele Filiberto

EVENTHIST17421 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST17420 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST17419 Carlo Emanuele III
EVENTHIST17418 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST17417 Emanuele Filiberto
EVENTHIST17416 Carlo Emanuele II
EVENTHIST17415 Carlo Emanuele I
EVENTHIST275013 Emanuele Filiberto (used by FRA170021 and SPA285098 too)

Last edited:
from BUG #128 of version 1.39 !

The following event should fire after the Pazzi's conspiracy (1478) as stated in the text and not before (1470). I have also improved (I hope!) the description and made the strings to be included in text.csv:

Code:
### The Needle of the Italian Compass
### by Solmyr
### modified by Isaac Brock: modified this one to make it more anti-intervention in Italy
event = {
	id = 17320
	trigger = { atwar = no }
	random = no
	country = TOS
	name = "EVENTNAME17320" #The Needle of the Italian Compass.
	desc = "EVENTHIST17320"
	#-#After the failure of the Pazzi conspiracy and the ensuing war, Lorenzo de’ Medici, the Magnificent 
(1469-1492) steered Florence’s foreign policy towards peaceful reconciliation and a balance of power between the
 major Italian powers (Florence, Milan, Venice, Naples and the Papacy).  This policy meant that for the rest of 
his life Italy was reasonably peaceful and foreign influence was excluded from Italy, and he was known as the
 ‘needle of the Italian compass’.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = [COLOR=Yellow]1480 [/COLOR]} #from 1470
	offset = 100
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1490 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME17320A" #Italy needs peace
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = 100 } #IB relations toned down 150 to 100
		command = { type = relation which = PIS value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 } #added back
		command = { type = relation which = PAM value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = MAN value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = MLO value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = SAV value = 50 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = ARG value = -50 }
		command = { type = stability value = 3 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME17320B" #We must look after our own interests
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = -100 } #IB relations toned down,150 to 100
		command = { type = relation which = PIS value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAM value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = MAN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = MLO value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = SAV value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -100 } #added back
		command = { type = inf which = -2 value = 10000 }
		command = { type = cav which = -2 value = 5000 }
		command = { type = manpower value = 10 }
	}
}

and the new description:

EVENTHIST17320;After the failure of the Pazzi conspiracy and the ensuing war Lorenzo de' Medici, called the Magnificent for his love of the arts, steered Florence's foreign policy towards the peaceful reconciliation between the major Italian states (Florence, Milan, Venice, Naples and the Papacy) pursuing a constant balance of powers. For the rest of his life he continued the political attitude of his grand-father, Cosimo the Elder, and made Italy a reasonably peaceful place excluding any possible foreign meddling in Italian internal affairs. Later, after his death (1492) Machiavelli will nostalgically remember him as the 'needle of the compass amongst the Italian princes'.;;;;;;;;;;

Bordic said:
Just nitpicking on correct names: Do we mean the members of the House of Savoy to be written only in French for simplicity or just start to use Italian when it was introduced as official language adopted in Savoyard public acts in 1562?
If the answer is: "Yes, Italian should be used!"
I'm not sure... Replacing Latin with Italian in Administration doesn't mean all names were translated, no ? After all, names of dukes were in French before 1562, not in Latin.

See here and here for Wikipedia (both wrong?) and a mix here...
In French, "le mieux est l'ennemi du bien", so maybe simplicity (names in French) is good (bien) and names in Italian is better (mieux). But we should maybe stay at the "good" level. ;)

Anyway, it should be "conscripts" and not "coscripts" in EVENTHIST17417.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
I'm not sure... Replacing Latin with Italian in Administration doesn't mean all names were translated, no ? After all, names of dukes were in French before 1562, not in Latin.

See here and here for Wikipedia (both wrong?) and a mix here...
In French, "le mieux est l'ennemi du bien", so maybe simplicity (names in French) is good (bien) and names in Italian is better (mieux). But we should maybe stay at the "good" level. ;)

Anyway, it should be "conscripts" and not "coscripts" in EVENTHIST17417.
In that case we should invert all leaders names in SAV and ITA files since a few of them are written in Italian!

Well, generally names of Savoyard rulers are in French/English /Italian according to the sites you look into.
I only suggested this as to point out that since 1560 the dukes of Savoy turned their interests to Italy...

As alternative suggestion and if we write names according to the language spoken by the population you govern, we could simply change names into Italian starting from 1720 ->monarch id #05034 when the Duchy of Savoy becomes Kingdom of Sardinia and probably the majority of the population under the Savoyard rule was Italian speaking (or better, Italian dialects speaking even if Piemontese borrows much from French/Provençal!).

Bordic said:
In that case we should invert all leaders names in SAV and ITA files since a few of them are written in Italian!

Well, generally names of Savoyard rulers are in French/English /Italian according to the sites you look into.
I only suggested this as to point out that since 1560 the dukes of Savoy turned their interests to Italy...

As alternative suggestion and if we write names according to the language spoken by the population you govern, we could simply change names into Italian starting from 1720 ->monarch id #05034 when the Duchy of Savoy becomes Kingdom of Sardinia and probably the majority of the population under the Savoyard rule was Italian speaking (or better, Italian dialects speaking even if Piemontese borrows much from French/Provençal!).
I agree. 1720 is better for this switch.

Don't forget EVENTHIST17417.

YodaMaster said:
I agree. 1720 is better for this switch.

Don't forget EVENTHIST17417.

OK, I will post new suggestions ASAP.

But what about your proposal to change "I" to "1er" or "Ier" for French speaking monarchs (ie France, Burgundy, Savoy...)?
If renewed I will support it since I am adopting it for François Ier (or is 1er more correct in French? )! :)

Bordic said:
OK, I will post new suggestions ASAP.

But what about your proposal to change "I" to "1er" or "Ier" for French speaking monarchs (ie France, Burgundy, Savoy...)?
If renewed I will support it since I am adopting it for François Ier (or is 1er more correct in French? )! :)
I asked in French forum what is the best: Ier or 1er

EDIT: and for consistency with II, III, etc... the answer is Ier

Last edited:
Here are my reworked suggestions to use Italian names for SAV monarchs after 1720 (Victor Amédée II King of Sardinia included!) and French names before (there is currently some inconsistency between languages adopted in leaders.sav and leaders.ita):

in monarchs.sav :
Code:
id 05034 Vittorio Amedeo II	instead of 	Victor Amédée II
id 05035 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel III
id 05036 Vittorio Amedeo III	instead of 	Victor Amédée III
id 05037 Carlo Emanuele IV	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel IV
id 05038 Vittorio Emanuele I	instead of 	Victor Emmanuel I
in leaders.sav :
Code:
id 09820 Thomas François	instead of 	Tommaso
remark = "brother of Vittorio Amadeo I, Corbie 1636" to be changed into
remark = "brother of Victor Amédée Ier,Corbie 1636. Prince of Carignano, founder of the Savoy-Carignano dynasty"
Code:
id 09821 Emmanuel-Philibert	instead of 	Emmanuel Filiberto
id 09823 Charles Emmanuel Ier	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel I
id 09825 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel III
id 09826 Victor Amédée Ier	instead of 	Vittorio Amedeo I
in monarchs.ita :
Code:
id 13236 Vittorio Amedeo II	instead of 	Victor Amédée II
id 13237 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel III
id 13238 Vittorio Amedeo III	instead of 	Victor Amédée III
id 13239 Carlo Emanuele IV	instead of 	Charles Emmanuel IV
id 13240 Vittorio Emanuele Ier	instead of 	Victor Emmanuel I
in leaders.ita :
Code:
id 26019 Thomas François	instead of 	Tommaso
remark = "brother of Vittorio Amadeo I, Corbie 1636" to be changed into
remark = "brother of Victor Amédée Ier,Corbie 1636. Prince of Carignano, founder of the Savoy-Carignano dynasty"
Code:
id 26020 Emmanuel-Philibert	instead of 	Emmanuel Filiberto
id 26021 Charles Emmanuel Ier 	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel I
id 26023 Carlo Emanuele III	instead of 	Carlo Emmanuel III
id 26024 Victor Amédée Ier	instead of 	Vittorio Amedeo I

and according to renaming above, the descriptions to the trigger in ITA193055 and corresponding Italian monarchs are to be changed too (her are the current names):
Code:
		OR = {  monarch = 13215  #MAN Charles Emmanuel III
			monarch = 13216  #MAN Victor Amédée III
			monarch = 13217  #MAN Charles Emmanuel IV
			monarch = 13218  #MAN Victor Emmanuel I
			monarch = 13236  #SAV Victor Amédée II
			monarch = 13237  #SAV Charles Emmanuel III
			monarch = 13238  #SAV Victor Amédée III
			monarch = 13239  #SAV Charles Emmanuel IV
			monarch = 13240  #SAV Victor Emmanuel I
			monarch = 13275  #MLO Victor Amédée II
			monarch = 13276  #MLO Charles Emmanuel III
			monarch = 13277  #MLO Victor Amédée III
			monarch = 13278  #MLO Charles Emmanuel IV
			monarch = 13279  #MLO Victor Emmanuel I
		}
and also changes in:

-comments to action A in ITA193001 and ITA193006 (to commands wakemonarch 13215-13218);
-comments to action A in ITA193002 (to commands wakemonarch 13275-13279);
-comments to action A in ITA193005 (to commands wakeleader 26019-26024).

Text entries to be modified using Italian names instead previously French ones:

EVENTNAME17419 Carlo Emanuele III
EVENTNAME17418 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST17421 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST17420 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST17419 Carlo Emanuele III
EVENTHIST17418 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST193030 Vittorio Amedeo II
EVENTHIST193031 Carlo Emanuele III

And here is the text in SAV17417 to be improved in the part which refers to Italian adopted in the duchy as motivation to the future changes (Savoy turning its interests to Italy after 1560):

EVENTHIST17417;Emmanuel-Philibert succeeded to the ducal throne while all his territories were under French occupation. He served as a general in the Emperor's army with great success and his territories were returned to him at the peace closing the Italian wars. He consolidated his power and swept away many of the traditional governing structures of the state, he organized a national army based on conscripts and a new innovative tax system which permitted to take the census in the duchy. In 1562 he introduced Italian as the official language to be adopted in ducal administration and legislation and in the judicial system, so replacing Latin with a more comprehensible language to the population.;;;;;;;;;;8548

Last edited:
Here are my suggestions for the inclusion of two new Popes and the Roman Republic 1798-1800 (default setting dormant, it is to be used in case of future events related to French Revolutionary Wars).

#Popes to be removed from monarchs.pap:
(they are useless because, as one can see, they lived before eu2 !)

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06650 }
	name = "Bonifacius IX"
	startdate = { year = 1389 }
	deathdate = { year = 1404 }
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 4
	MIL = 6
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06651 }
	name = "Innocentius VII"
	startdate = { year = 1406 }
	deathdate = { year = 1406 }
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 4
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06652 }
	name = "Gregorius XII"
	startdate = { year = 1406 }
	deathdate = { year = 1415 }
	DIP = 3
	ADM = 4
	MIL = 4
}

#Popes to be changed/added in monarchs.pap, using the old id #s:

Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06668 }
	name = "Julius III"
	startdate = {
		year = 1550
		month = february
		day = 7
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1555
		month = march
		day = 23
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 3
}

#NEW POPE--------------------------------
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06650 }
	name = "Marcellus II"
	startdate = {
		year = 1555
		month = march 
		day = 24
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1555
		month = may
		day = 0
	}
	DIP = 6
	MIL = 7
	ADM = 5
}
#----------------------------------------

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06669 }
	name = "Paulus IV"
	startdate = {
		year = 1555
		month = may #march
		day = 1 #24
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1559
		month = august
		day = 18
	}
	DIP = 4
	ADM = 4
	MIL = 4
}

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06673 }
	name = "Sixtus V"
	startdate = {
		year = 1585
		month = april
		day = 11
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1590
		month = august
		day = 27
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 3
}

#NEW POPE--------------------------------
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06651 }
	name = "Urbanus VII"
	startdate = {
		year = 1590
		month = august 
		day = 28 
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1590
		month = september
		day = 26
	}
	DIP = 6
	MIL = 5
	ADM = 8
}
#---------------------------------------

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06674 }
	name = "Gregorius XIV"
	startdate = {
		year = 1590
		month = september
		day = 27
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1591
		month = october
		day = 16
	}
	DIP = 6
	ADM = 6
	MIL = 4
}

#Popes during the French Revolutionary Wars
Code:
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06694 }
	name = "Pius VI"
	startdate = { 
		year = 1775 
		month = february
		day = 15
	}
	deathdate = { 
		year = 1800 #1799 
		month = march #august
		day = 13 #29
	}
	DIP = 3
	MIL = 3
	ADM = 3
}
historicalmonarch = { #for future events related to French Revolutionary Wars
	id = { type = 6 id = 06652 }
	name = "Repubblica Romana"
		startdate = { 
		year = 1798 
		month = march 
		day = 19 
	}
	deathdate = { 
		year = 1800 
		month = july 
		day = 2  
	}
	DIP = 5
	ADM = 5
	MIL = 5
	dormant = yes
}
historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 06695 }
	name = "Pius VII"
	startdate = { 
		year = 1800 #1799
		month = march #august
		day = 14 #30
	}
	deathdate = { 
		year = 1823
		month = august
		day = 20
	}
	DIP = 3
	MIL = 3
	ADM = 3
}

Norrefeldt said:
Just noticed the submission. I don't think centralisation should be affected, and there's no reason implied in the event text. Besides, if centralisation is increased here it should be removed for another event roughly equal in time, or arguements should put forward as too why the entire historical setup for the centralisation of Venice should have another outline than what has been agreed upon.
It's irritatingly interesting that you after so many submissions and PMs still refuse to add links to your submissions. ;)

Most probably correct on the centralization.

What do you mean by links, web sites?? or post numbers within threads?

If its post numbers , then its starts at 849 to your one

Last edited: