• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Khephren
That is the correct flag for the Kingdom of Italy (1805-1814) , which was of course a french vassal. ( i.e. Napoleon's standard in the center )

Not really a good flag to use for the whole unification proposal. :(

I know, but the shield in the middle looks almost exactly like what the old Russian shield used to look like ;)

A country owning Rome with tag other than PAP gets really serious penalties

I'm sure you know that thing, but i noticed if a country with PAP tag exists on the map (and not owning Rome) the others catho states of the world do not have a CB on who own the rome province. If the state with the tag PAP is placed on aleutes (186) with very low tech and possibly with exotic tech (to prevent any exploration and/or expantion) and with new religion, culture and so on to simulate a local tribe (aleutes are pretty unreacheable), we (you :D ) can use a new TAG for Papal State (State, not States :cool: ) and when a new country (IE Italy) own Rome, none in the world will have on a CB... unless someone annexed the aleutes tribe nation.

Or a better way, insert an .inc for PAP tag with:

Code:
ownedprovinces = { } 
controlledprovinces = { } 
nationalprovinces = { }

all the tree lines above with no province entries and then no city description. And using another TAG for Papal State. None will never have CB on who own Rome.
Sorry if you know that already.

This kind of solution have been suggested before. But many people, including me, think that it's working fine as it is, that the Papal States should be protected by this CB, since it's historical. I use Hive's statement:

Originally posted by Hive
And it shouldn't be removed even if it could be IMHO. Italy decided to annex Rome in 1870 during the Franco-Prussian War, in which France had redrawn their troops from Rome - troops they had stationed there exactly to prevent such an invasion. In fact, Italy had to promise not to annex Rome in order to gain France's support for the unification. I do belivieve that most of the cathloic world got really pissed at Italy for annexing Rome, but noone could in reality do anything about it. France was inshit to their knees because of Prussia, Austria had been beaten few years before by Prussia and Italy and there were no other significant catholic powers left.

My point is, that if France was willing to protect the Pope in 1870 - and propably longer, if it hadn't been for the war - then I don't think it is wrong to have the eternal cb thing on Rome in the EU2 period, as it is a symbol of the Pope's importance to the catholic world.

I have a question: those leaders and monarchs that artemis667 posted, does anyone here have them?

I would really much want them if you do :)

I report my opinions about KoI formation from AGCEEP Italy Thread:

Romagna was a legitimated Papal States territory (Pentapolis and Esarcate) so it cannot be included in a KoI. In my opinion they should become a Papal State core province if guelf option is used!

AFAIK, Marche was given together with Umbria as a gift from Mathilde of Canossa to the Pope. HR Emperors (i.e. Henry IV, Otto IV and the Staufers) tried to retake the territory of Mark Ancona (Camerino, Fermo, Ancona territory) from Vasallization to the Pope but without luck! So Marche should also be a core province for KoI if gibelline option is used!

I'd prefer that Papal States would remain with:
- (guelf option) Lazio and Romagna as core and seceding provinces,
- (gibelline option) Lazio alone (Petrimonium Petri) and Romagna as a core province without secession.

Suggestion: Marche can remain a KoI-PS combined core province if we want a struggle between KoI and Papal States apart from which option is then used!

Last edited:
Apart from the problem whether province 392 (Marche) is part of the HRE (Mathildine's administration of imperial fiefs was illegally inherited by the Pope!) or not I would like to speak about the timespan in which the Kingdom of Italy should be born!

Currently it is 1419-1820, but I think that for consistency with the creation of the German Kingdom limited to timespan 1500-1515 and only if you are Emperor ( :eek: ) the Kingdom of Italy needs to be created in a shortened period of time. I know that it is only fantasy, but...

Mainly, I would suggest 1419-1559 for all the three ways to get the crown!

1559 is when the treaty of Cateau-Cambrésis was signed: i.e. Italy is definitively submitted by Spain (the end of the socalled Italian Wars). Since then the idea of a Kingdom of Italy should wait until Napoleon in 1797.

But, as alternative choice, I would also suggest 1419-1650s for the Guelf and Ghibelline ways . 1650s is when the Edict of Tolerance event (id 103) fires and the wars of religion come to an end.

As for the Force majeur way , since HAB or PAP are forced, the timespan 1419-1820 could be more appropriate if the other two choices have the deadline in 1650, but the offset should be set to start from any date except 1st of january when the game slows down...

Maybe in that last case, I don't know if you can force the Pope to give you the crown, it sounds so unlegitimate, I think that you need to bargain for it! :D

I would like to hear opinions about it! :)

If already discussed upon, please show me a link to it!

EDIT: the deathdate in any case should be 1796 in order to let country = ITA form the future Cisalpine/Italian Republic, later transformed in Napoleonic Kingdom in 1805, and to avoid possible CTDs during those years...

Last edited:
I find it reasonable to shorten the time for creating ITA. An enddate was never discussed when this sequence was done, don't know why. I guess we didn't have that kind of expertice around!
Bordic said:
Mainly, I would suggest 1419-1559 for all the three ways to get the crown!

1559 is when the treaty of Cateau-Cambrésis was signed: i.e. Italy is definitively submitted by Spain (the end of the socalled Italian Wars). Since then the idea of a Kingdom of Italy should wait until Napoleon in 1797.

But, as alternative choice, I would also suggest 1419-1650s for the Guelf and Ghibelline ways . 1650s is when the Edict of Tolerance event (id 103) fires and the wars of religion come to an end.

As for the Force majeur way , since HAB or PAP are forced, the timespan 1419-1820 could be more appropriate if the other two choices have the deadline in 1650, but the offset should be set to start from any date except 1st of january when the game slows down...

Maybe in that last case, I don't know if you can force the Pope to give you the crown, it sounds so unlegitimate, I think that you need to bargain for it! :D

I would like to hear opinions about it! :)

If already discussed upon, please show me a link to it!

EDIT: the deathdate in any case should be 1796 in order to let country = ITA form the future Cisalpine/Italian Republic, later transformed in Napoleonic Kingdom in 1805, and to avoid possible CTDs during those years...
I would prefer ending the Guelf and Ghibelline ways in the 1650s, when the Edict of Tolerance event fires (was that when the HRE shrank in up to 1.08 when it became static?) 1559 for the treaty of Cateau-Cambrésis is less good IMO since the situation might make it not always occur in every game, while the Edict of Tolerance comes from the Pope and therefore is entirely deterministic. It's also a well known pivotal event in other ways for the game.
The Force majeur way could then end 1796 as you suggest.

Norrefeldt said:
I find it reasonable to shorten the time for creating ITA. An enddate was never discussed when this sequence was done, don't know why. I guess we didn't have that kind of expertice around!
I would prefer ending the Guelf and Ghibelline ways in the 1650s, when the Edict of Tolerance event fires (was that when the HRE shrank in up to 1.08 when it became static?) 1559 for the treaty of Cateau-Cambrésis is less good IMO since the situation might make it not always occur in every game, while the Edict of Tolerance comes from the Pope and therefore is entirely deterministic. It's also a well known pivotal event in other ways for the game.
I would suggest the following modifications to the three ways of forming the Kingdom of Italy: :)
Mantua is taken as example but it is extended to all the Italian minors able to form KoI: Milan, Savoy, Mantua, Modena and Tuscany.

IMHO Parma should be able to form KoI too, using the NOT = { monarch = 13300 } #Republic or just starting from 1545! :cool:

and the condition that an Italian minor claiming the KoI must be "catholic/counterreformed" is to be removed, since with the "force majeur" you get the crown with your troops... ;)

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
#The Guelf way, the Pope's party
event = {
	id = 220000
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { event = 103 } # ReligiousEvents: Edict of Tolerance (1650-1658)[/COLOR]
		NOT = { flag = Ghibelline }
		owned = { province = 389 data = -1 } #Lombardia
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		OR = { religion = catholic
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
		NOT = { badboy = 6 } #Badboy must be less than 6
		NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = MAN } } #Must not be vassalised to Austria
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAP country = MAN } } #Must not be vassalised to the Papal States
		alliance = { country = MAN country = PAP }
		relation = { country = PAP data = [COLOR=Yellow]175[/COLOR] } #from 150
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { vassal = { country = MAN country = PAP } } #The Pope can't be forced but lured...[/COLOR]		
		OR = {
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 401 data = -1 } #firenze#
				owned = { province = 404 data = -1 } #piemonte#
				owned = { province = 403 data = -1 } #liguria#
				}
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
#The Ghibelline way, the Emperor's party
event = {
	id = 220001
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { event = 103 } # ReligiousEvents: Edict of Tolerance (1650-1658)[/COLOR]
		NOT = { flag = Guelf }
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
 		exists = HAB
		NOT = { badboy = 6 } #Badboy must be less than 6
		NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = MAN } } #Must not be vassalised to Austria
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAP country = MAN } } #Must not be vassalised to the Papal States
		NOT = { vassal = { country = FRA country = MAN } } #Must not be vassalised to the France
		alliance = { country = MAN country = HAB }
		dynastic = { country = MAN country = HAB } 
		relation = { country = HAB data = 150 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { vassal = { country = MAN country = HAB } } #The Emperor can't be forced but lured...[/COLOR]
		OR = {
			AND = {
				}
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
#The force majeur way
event = {
	id = 220002
	random = no
	country = MAN 
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { event = 12114 } # FRA: The French Revolutionary Wars (previously, Sabre Rattling, 1792-1793)[/COLOR]
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
		vassal = { country = MAN country = HAB }  #Must have vassalised Austria
		vassal = { country = MAN country = PAP }  #Must have vassalised the Papal States
		OR = {
			AND = {
				}

Other comments:
I had always an easy game in forming the KoI with the Guelf way just attacking the Pope and the annexing it and then releasing it. When vassal you can form an alliance with the Pope and then bribe him until you get 150 and your BB goes under... :D

So I think that in forming the KoI you cannot ask the crown having him as vassal, the same is for Austria.

As for the "force majeur" way, I have also thought to reduce the timeframe down to 1792-1793 when the sparkle of the French Revolution (my amended event FRA12114) will be widespread in Italy (likely in EU2 if we include also MAN, PAR, PAM, TOS, PIS in Napoleon.AI as it happened IRL)!

EDIT: What about adding some good relation to FRA and/or alliance with them in the trigger condition of the "force majeure" way? IMO you should be allied to France or have some good relation with them in order to be legitimate King of Italy expecially after 1648. Before 1648 I think Spain could be the alternative partner...

Isn't force majeure the correct spelling? :confused:

Last edited:
Couldn't we improve following texts in order to give some historical background to the concept of Kingdom of Italy as introduction?

GUELF WAY
After a period of expansion, we have gained dominance over the lands of the Kingdom of Italy, part of the Holy Roman Empire.
To be acknowledged as Kingdom of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who held the rights to the title, or the Pope, who could crown us against the will of the Emperor.
Our great relations and alliance with the Pope makes it possible that he will grant us the crown. We will offer him 100 ducats to help his Holyness go against the will of the Emperor.

GHIBELLINE WAY
After a period of expansion, we have gained dominance over the lands of the Kingdom of Italy, part of the Holy Roman Empire.
To be acknowledged as Kingdom of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who held the rights to the title, or the Pope.
Our great relations and alliance with the Habsburgs makes it possible that they will grant us the crown. We will offer the Emperor lavish gifts worth 500 ducats to convince him to hand over the title.

FORCE MAJEURE WAY
My lord, having vassalized Austria and put the Pope under your boot, there is now no obstacle in our path to claim the crown of the Kingdom of Italy,
part of the Holy Roman Empire. Shall we start preparations for your coronation?

Bordic said:
IMHO Parma should be able to form KoI too, using the NOT = { monarch = 13300 } #Republic or just starting from 1545! :cool:
Sure, why not?

Bordic said:
and the condition that an Italian minor claiming the KoI must be "catholic/counterreformed" is to be removed, since with the "force majeur" you get the crown with your troops... ;)
Would a Pope be able to promote a protestant king, during the counterreformation, and still be able to continue as Pope? Wouldn't that border heresy? The Popes were sometimes forced to do things since they were forced, but didn't ever occur when the power forcing him wasn't catholic?

Code:
All good ideas.

Bordic said:
Other comments:
I had always an easy game in forming the KoI with the Guelf way just attacking the Pope and the annexing it and then releasing it. When vassal you can form an alliance with the Pope and then bribe him until you get 150 and your BB goes under... :D

So I think that in forming the KoI you cannot ask the crown having him as vassal, the same is for Austria.
Sneaky. It makes sense to stop people like you! :p

Bordic said:
As for the "force majeur" way, I have also thought to reduce the timeframe down to 1792-1793 when the sparkle of the French Revolution (my amended event FRA12114) will be widespread in Italy (likely in EU2 if we include also MAN, PAR, PAM, TOS, PIS in Napoleon.AI as it happened IRL)!
Sounds good.

Bordic said:
EDIT: What about adding some good relation to FRA and/or alliance with them in the trigger condition of the "force majeure" way? IMO you should be allied to France or have some good relation with them in order to be legitimate King of Italy expecially after 1648. Before 1648 I think Spain could be the alternative partner...
I don't think this should be added, cause we don't know if France is a strong force in a particular game. The Emperors and the Pope are the only ones that are directly involved.

Force majeure seem to be the more common one. Can perhaps be both, and depend on whether it's American or British.

Bordic said:
Couldn't we improve following texts in order to give some historical background to the concept of Kingdom of Italy as introduction?

GUELF WAY
To be acknowledged as Kingdom of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who held the rights to the title, or the Pope, who could crown us against the will of the Emperor.
Our great relations and alliance with the Pope makes it possible that he will grant us the crown. We will offer him 100 ducats to help his Holyness go against the will of the Emperor.

GHIBELLINE WAY
To be acknowledged as Kingdom of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who held the rights to the title, or the Pope.
Our great relations and alliance with the Habsburgs makes it possible that they will grant us the crown. We will offer the Emperor lavish gifts worth 500 ducats to convince him to hand over the title.

FORCE MAJEURE WAY
My lord, having vassalized Austria and put the Pope under your boot, there is now no obstacle in our path to claim the crown of the Kingdom of Italy,
part of the Holy Roman Empire. Shall we start preparations for your coronation?
Nice. Would be an improvement. :D

Norrefeldt said:
Would a Pope be able to promote a protestant king, during the counterreformation, and still be able to continue as Pope? Wouldn't that border heresy? The Popes were sometimes forced to do things since they were forced, but didn't ever occur when the power forcing him wasn't catholic?
Yes, better to stick to catholicism. I modified my post accordingly.
Sneaky. It makes sense to stop people like you! :p
Because of this, a more difficult guelf way could be a badboy <=4 and relations to PAP =>190. What do you think?
I don't think this should be added, cause we don't know if France is a strong force in a particular game. The Emperors and the Pope are the only ones that are directly involved.

Force majeure seem to be the more common one. Can perhaps be both, and depend on whether it's American or British.
OK, let's put France out Italian affairs but I am for "Force majeure" spelling. :D

I suggest also that new date/offset/deathdate should be 1419-360-1660 for the Guelf/Ghibelline way (Parma should be 1546-1660, and in 1648 scenario you have only 2 years to form Italy with the diplomatic options before the edict of tolerance event fires somewhere in 1650s!) and 1419-30-1796 for Force majeure way with the triggers before suggested.

As for the text improvement I will try to find something for the medieval Kingdom of Italy, if noone did, otherwise, please every one is free to post his/her contribution... :)

Last edited:
Norrefeldt said:
See what I have found out in wikipedia (it seems confirmed by other historical sources)

With the end of the Lombard Kingdom in 772, its territory, along with the former Byzantine possessions in Northern Italy became a new Kingdom of Italy, sometimes called the Regnum Italicum or, in Italian, the Regno, which formed one of the constituent parts of the Holy Roman Empire. The Regno continued to exist, at least in theory, until the end of the Empire in 1806 (or, at least, until the Imperial reorganization of 1803), and the Archbishop of Cologne held the honorific title of Archchancellor of Italy, but the Imperial rule in Italy lost most of its force after the fall of the Hohenstaufen in the mid-13th century, and ceased to have any real meaning by the Treaty of Westphalia in 1648.

So the guelf/ghibelline ways ending in 1650s have their likely historical backing... ;)

What about these improvements in descriptions concerning the first three events of the KoI sequence?
(for example in MLO events they would be EVENTHIST228002, EVENTHIST228007 and EVENTHIST228008 and then reused in MAN, PAM, SAV, TOS and PAR ;) )

#########
GUELF WAY
#########

EVENTHIST______;Since the fall of the Roman Empire the title of King of Italy was sometimes used by the barbarians chiefs who ruled over the Italian peninsula until the end of the Gothic Wars and the following invasion of the Lombards, who, establishing their own kingdom in 568, separated northern Italy from the territories directly controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire. In 774 the Pope Adrianus I, threatened by a renewed Lombard claim to the Patrimomium Petri (also known as the Duchy of Rome), called Carlemagne in Italy to protect him from the Lombard aggression, thus granting the Frankish King possession of the Kingdom of Lombards and the linked Duchy of Spoleto in exchange for the cession to the Pope of some Lombard held territories,the future Papal States. Venice, who nominally recognized the Byzantine sovereignty, and the southernmost Duchy of Benevento held their independence too. In 781 Charlemagne's son Pepin became the first King of Italy crowned by a Pope with the Corona Ferrea (iron crown) so called from a narrow band of iron within it, said to be beaten out of one of the nails used at the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, the throne of Italy and the Imperial title were continuously contended by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the selfproclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, uncautiously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to descend Italy and to protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period 1002-1015 in which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) was subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. And now, after a period of expansion, we have finally gained dominance over the lands which represent the ancient medieval Kingdom of Italy. But in order to be acknowledged as Kings of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who held the rights to the title, or the Pope, who could crown us against the will of the Emperor. Our great relations and alliance with the Pope makes it possible that he will grant us the crown. We will offer him 100 ducats to help his Holiness go against the will of the Emperor.;;;;;;;;;;

##############
GHIBELLINE WAY
##############

EVENTHIST______;Since the fall of the Roman Empire the title of King of Italy was sometimes used by the barbarians chiefs who ruled over the Italian peninsula until the end of the Gothic Wars and the following invasion of the Lombards, who, establishing their own kingdom in 568, separated northern Italy from the territories directly controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire. In 774 the Pope Adrianus I, threatened by a renewed Lombard claim to the Patrimomium Petri (also known as the Duchy of Rome), called Carlemagne in Italy to protect him from the Lombard aggression, thus granting the Frankish King possession of the Kingdom of Lombards and the linked Duchy of Spoleto in exchange for the cession to the Pope of some Lombard held territories,the future Papal States. Venice, who nominally recognized the Byzantine sovereignty, and the southernmost Duchy of Benevento held their independence too. In 781 Charlemagne's son Pepin became the first King of Italy crowned by a Pope with the Corona Ferrea (iron crown) so called from a narrow band of iron within it, said to be beaten out of one of the nails used at the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, the throne of Italy and the Imperial title were continuously contended by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the selfproclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, uncautiously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to descend Italy and to protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period 1002-1015 in which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) was subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. And now, after a period of expansion, we have finally gained dominance over the lands which represent the ancient medieval Kingdom of Italy. But in order to be acknowledged as Kings of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who held the rights to the title, or the Pope. Our great relations and alliance with the Habsburgs makes it possible that they will grant us the crown. We will offer the Emperor lavish gifts worth 500 ducats to convince him to hand over the title.;;;;;;;;;;

#################
FORCE MAJEURE WAY
#################

EVENTHIST______;Since the fall of the Roman Empire the title of King of Italy was sometimes used by the barbarians chiefs who ruled over the Italian peninsula until the end of the Gothic Wars and the following invasion of the Lombards, who, establishing their own kingdom in 568, separated northern Italy from the territories directly controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire. In 774 the Pope Adrianus I, threatened by a renewed Lombard claim to the Patrimomium Petri (also known as the Duchy of Rome), called Carlemagne in Italy to protect him from the Lombard aggression, thus granting the Frankish King possession of the Kingdom of Lombards and the linked Duchy of Spoleto in exchange for the cession to the Pope of some Lombard held territories,the future Papal States. Venice, who nominally recognized the Byzantine sovereignty, and the southernmost Duchy of Benevento held their independence too. In 781 Charlemagne's son Pepin became the first King of Italy crowned by a Pope with the Corona Ferrea (iron crown) so called from a narrow band of iron within it, said to be beaten out of one of the nails used at the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, the throne of Italy and the Imperial title were continuously contended by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the selfproclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, uncautiously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to descend Italy and to protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period 1002-1015 in which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) was subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. And now, after a period of expansion, we have finally gained dominance over the lands which represent the ancient medieval Kingdom of Italy. My lord, having also vassalized Austria and put the Pope under your boot, there is now no obstacle in our path to claim the crown of the Kingdom of Italy as part of the Holy Roman Empire. Shall we start preparations for your coronation?;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
Very nice texts, have you tried them to see if they fit? Otherwise this part could probably be shortened down:
Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, the throne of Italy and the Imperial title were continuously contended by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the selfproclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, uncautiously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to descend Italy and to protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period 1002-1015 in which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) was subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire.
even if we on the forum have always known what this KoI had it's base, we now have it described in game in a way that makes it less fantasy out of thin air.
Bordic said:
Yes, better to stick to catholicism. I modified my post accordingly.
Because of this, a more difficult guelf way could be a badboy <=4 and relations to PAP =>190. What do you think?

OK, let's put France out Italian affairs but I am for "Force majeure" spelling. :D

I suggest also that new date/offset/deathdate should be 1419-360-1660 for the Guelf/Ghibelline way (Parma should be 1546-1660, and in 1648 scenario you have only 2 years to form Italy with the diplomatic options before the edict of tolerance event fires somewhere in 1650s!) and 1419-30-1796 for Force majeure way with the triggers before suggested.

As for the text improvement I will try to find something for the medieval Kingdom of Italy, if noone did, otherwise, please every one is free to post his/her contribution... :)
the Papal way have perhaps been to easy, so lets tighten it up as you suggest. I'm indifferent to the spelling, as both would probably pass. These time scales sound very much better than what we have now.

Edits in blue

Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, were the throne of Italy and the Imperial title continuously contended for by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the self-proclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, audaciously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to come to Italy and protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period between 1002 and 1015 during which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and was then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) has been subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire.

So here are the correct texts, just a little shortened to fit the screen!

Code:
[B]GUELF WAY[/B]: 
EVENTHIST228002 to be included in desc = "_" of following events: MLO228002 - PAM252000 - MAN220000 - TOS297005 - SAV275000

[B]GHIBELLINE WAY[/B]: 
EVENTHIST22800[COLOR=Yellow]7[/COLOR] to be included in desc = "_" of following events: MLO228007 - PAM252001 - MAN220001 - TOS297006 - SAV275001

[B]FORCE MAJEUR WAY[/B]: 
EVENTHIST22800[COLOR=Yellow]8[/COLOR] to be included in desc = "_" of following events: MLO228008 - PAM252002 - MAN220002 - TOS297007 - SAV275002 

* PAM is for Modena (formerly PAR)
EVENTNAME228002;The Kingdom of Italy;;;;;;;;;;

EVENTHIST228002;Since the fall of the Roman Empire the title of King of Italy was sometimes used by the barbarians chiefs who ruled over the Italian peninsula until the end of the Gothic Wars and the following invasion of the Lombards, who established their own kingdom in 568, thus separating northern Italy from the territories controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire. In 774 Pope Adrianus I, threatened by a renewed Lombard claim to the Patrimomium Petri (also know as the Duchy of Rome), called Charlemagne in Italy to protect him, thus granting the Frankish King possession of the conquered Kingdom of Lombards and the Duchy of Spoleto as its vassal in exchange for the cession to the Pope of some Lombard held territories,the future Papal States. Venice, who nominally recognized the Byzantine sovereignty, and the southernmost Lombard Duchy of Benevento were granted independence. In 781 Charlemagne's son Pippin became the first King of Italy crowned by a Pope with the Corona Ferrea (iron crown) so called from a narrow band of iron within it, said to be beaten out of one of the nails used at the Crucifixion. Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, were the throne of Italy and the Imperial title continuously contended for by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the self-proclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, audaciously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to come to Italy and protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period between 1002 and 1015 during which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and was then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) has been subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. And now, after a period of great expansion, we have finally gained dominance over the lands representing the medieval Kingdom of Italy. But in order to be acknowledged Kings of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who holds the rights to the title, or the Pope, who could crown us against the will of the Emperor. Our great relations and alliance with the Pope makes it possible that he will grant us the crown. We will offer him 100 ducats to help his Holiness go against the will of the Emperor.;;;;;;;;;;

EVENTHIST228007;Since the fall of the Roman Empire the title of King of Italy was sometimes used by the barbarians chiefs who ruled over the Italian peninsula until the end of the Gothic Wars and the following invasion of the Lombards, who established their own kingdom in 568, thus separating northern Italy from the territories controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire. In 774 Pope Adrianus I, threatened by a renewed Lombard claim to the Patrimomium Petri (also know as the Duchy of Rome), called Charlemagne in Italy to protect him, thus granting the Frankish King possession of the conquered Kingdom of Lombards and the Duchy of Spoleto as its vassal in exchange for the cession to the Pope of some Lombard held territories,the future Papal States. Venice, who nominally recognized the Byzantine sovereignty, and the southernmost Lombard Duchy of Benevento were granted independence. In 781 Charlemagne's son Pippin became the first King of Italy crowned by a Pope with the Corona Ferrea (iron crown) so called from a narrow band of iron within it, said to be beaten out of one of the nails used at the Crucifixion. Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, were the throne of Italy and the Imperial title continuously contended for by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the self-proclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, audaciously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to come to Italy and protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period between 1002 and 1015 during which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and was then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) has been subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. And now, after a period of great expansion, we have finally gained dominance over the lands representing the medieval Kingdom of Italy. But in order to be acknowledged Kings of Italy, we would need the official recognition of the Holy Roman Emperor, who holds the rights to the title, or the Pope. Our great relations and alliance with the Habsburgs makes it possible that they will grant us the crown. We will offer the Emperor lavish gifts worth 500 ducats to convince him to hand over the title.;;;;;;;;;;

EVENTHIST228008;Since the fall of the Roman Empire the title of King of Italy was sometimes used by the barbarians chiefs who ruled over the Italian peninsula until the end of the Gothic Wars and the following invasion of the Lombards, who established their own kingdom in 568, thus separating northern Italy from the territories controlled by the Eastern Roman Empire. In 774 Pope Adrianus I, threatened by a renewed Lombard claim to the Patrimomium Petri (also know as the Duchy of Rome), called Charlemagne in Italy to protect him, thus granting the Frankish King possession of the conquered Kingdom of Lombards and the Duchy of Spoleto as its vassal in exchange for the cession to the Pope of some Lombard held territories,the future Papal States. Venice, who nominally recognized the Byzantine sovereignty, and the southernmost Lombard Duchy of Benevento were granted independence. In 781 Charlemagne's son Pippin became the first King of Italy crowned by a Pope with the Corona Ferrea (iron crown) so called from a narrow band of iron within it, said to be beaten out of one of the nails used at the Crucifixion. Even if the Empire had usually suffered dynastic and feudal disputes, only after 888, with the extinction of the Carolingian dynasty and the anarchy that followed, were the throne of Italy and the Imperial title continuously contended for by several claimants. And when in 962 Berengar, Marquis of Ivrea, one of the self-proclaimed Kings of Italy of those times, audaciously tried to sieze the Papal States, Pope Johannes XII, as his predecessor did with the Franks before, invited Otto I, Duke of Saxony and King of the Germans, to come to Italy and protect him in exchange for the title of Holy Roman Emperor (translatio imperii). Since then, excluding the short period between 1002 and 1015 during which Arduino, Margrave of Ivrea, unsuccessfully tried to proclaim himself King of Italy and was then forced to abandon his claims, the 'Regnum Italicum' (the Kingdom of Italy) has been subsumed into the Holy Roman Empire. And now, after a period of great expansion, we have finally gained dominance over the lands representing the medieval Kingdom of Italy. My lord, having also vassalized Austria and put the Pope under your boot, there is now no obstacle in our path to claim the crown of the Kingdom of Italy as part of the Holy Roman Empire. Shall we start preparations for your coronation?;;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
So my latest amendments to the three ways to get the crown for all the countries concerned. :)

N.B.: Since Savoy is made up of two provinces: Savoy (405) which has Chambéry as capital city until 1562 and Piemonte (404) whose city Turin becomes capital city after 1562, I'd suggest for the Kingdom of Italy formation sequence to add:

Code:
owned = { province = 404 data = -1 } #Piemonte
in the trigger in all the three SAV events (SAV275000-01-02)

Savoy is taken as example but it is extended to all the Italian minors able to form KoI: Milan, Savoy, Mantua, Modena, Tuscany (with the exclusion of local Republics obviously!) and also Parma, whose starting date has to be
Code:
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1546 }
but I hope that someone will make the trigger concerning the OR = { AND = {...} } combinations of provinces... :D

Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
event = {
	id = 275000
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { event = 103 } # ReligiousEvents: Edict of Tolerance (1650-1655)[/COLOR]
		[COLOR=Yellow]owned = { province = 404 data = -1 } #Piemonte ONLY FOR SAVOY[/COLOR]
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
		NOT = { badboy = [COLOR=Yellow]4[/COLOR] } #Badboy must not be higher than 3 (previously <6)
		NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to Austria
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAP country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to the Papal States
		alliance = { country = SAV country = PAP }
		relation = { country = PAP data = [COLOR=Yellow]190[/COLOR] } #previously 150
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { vassal = { country = SAV country = PAP } } #The Pope can't be forced but lured...[/COLOR]		
		OR = {
			AND = {...}

random = no
	country = SAV
	[COLOR=Yellow]name = "EVENTNAME228002" #The Kingdom of Italy
	desc = "EVENTHIST228002"[/COLOR]
        #-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = [COLOR=Yellow]1660[/COLOR] }

Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
event = {
	id = 275001
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { event = 103 } # ReligiousEvents: Edict of Tolerance (1650-1655)[/COLOR]
		NOT = { flag = Guelf }
		[COLOR=Yellow]owned = { province = 404 data = -1 } #Piemonte ONLY FOR SAVOY[/COLOR]
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
 		exists = HAB
		NOT = { badboy = 6 } #Badboy must not be higher than 5
		NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to Austria
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAP country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to the Papal States
		NOT = { vassal = { country = FRA country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to France
		alliance = { country = SAV country = HAB }
		dynastic = { country = SAV country = HAB } 
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { vassal = { country = SAV country = HAB } } #The Emperor can't be forced but lured...[/COLOR]
		OR = {
			AND = {...}

random = no
	country = SAV
	desc = "EVENTHIST228007"[/COLOR]
        #-#

offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = [COLOR=Yellow]1660[/COLOR] }

Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
#The force majeur way
event = {
	id = 275002
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { event = 12114 } # FRA: The French Revolutionary Wars (previously, Sabre Rattling, 1792)[/COLOR]
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
		vassal = { country = SAV country = HAB }  #Must have vassalised Austria
		vassal = { country = SAV country = PAP }  #Must have vassalised the Papal States
		OR = {
			AND = {...}

random = no
	country = SAV
	desc = "EVENTHIST228008"[/COLOR]
        #-#

offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = [COLOR=Yellow]1796[/COLOR] }

EDIT: since Spain will have a core on Milan (389) in future Italian wars events until 1700 (war of Spanish succession) should we also have in the third way (or in all the ways!) the trigger condition?
Code:
NOT = { vassal = { country = SPA country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to Spain

Last edited:
Bordic said:
N.B.: Since Savoy is made up of two provinces: Savoy (405) which has Chambéry as capital city until 1562 and Piemonte (404) whose city Turin becomes capital city after 1562, I'd suggest for the Kingdom of Italy formation sequence to add:

Code:
owned = { province = 404 data = -1 } #Piemonte
in the trigger in all the three SAV events (SAV275000-01-02)
Yes, that should be added.

Bordic said:
but I hope that someone will make the trigger concerning the OR = { AND = {...} } combinations of provinces... :D
Just take the triggers from some other one-provincer, like Mantua, and exchange Emilia with Mantua in all places in the trigger.

Bordic said:
EDIT: since Spain will have a core on Milan (389) in future Italian wars events until 1700 (war of Spanish succession) should we also have in the third way (or in all the ways!) the trigger condition?
Code:
NOT = { vassal = { country = SPA country = SAV } } #Must not be vassalised to Spain
I don't think we should add that. SPA had no formal right to stop or approve of it, and if they were added FRA should probably be added too.

Here is the last Italian minor able to form Italy with the new triggers already discussed in posts above:

#---------------------------#
# PARMA FORMING KOI
#---------------------------#

Code:
#The Kingdom of Italy
event = {
	id = 309010
	trigger = {
		NOT = { event = 103 } # ReligiousEvents: Edict of Tolerance (1650-1655)
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
		NOT = { badboy = 4 } #Badboy must be no more than 3
		NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = PAR } } #Must not be vassalised to Austria
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAP country = PAR } } #Must not be vassalised to the Papal States
		alliance = { country = PAR country = PAP }
		relation = { country = PAP data = 190 } 
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAR country = PAP } } #The Pope can't be forced but lured...		
		OR = {
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 400 data = -1 } #siena#
				}
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 391 data = -1 } #romagna#
				}
			AND = {
				owned = { province = 390 data = -1 } #mantua#
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}	
			AND = {
				}	
			}	
	}
	random = no
	country = PAR
	name = "EVENTNAME228002" #The Kingdom of Italy
	desc = "EVENTHIST228002"

date = { day = 1 month = January year = 1546 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = January year = 1660 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME309010A" #I am worthy the Crown
		command = { type = cash value = -20 }
		command = { type = diplomats value = -1 }
		command = { type = setflag which = Guelf } 
		command = { type = trigger which = [COLOR=Yellow]251052 [/COLOR] } #The Pope's reply #PAP: The Crown of Italy
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME309010B" #Let us remain Parma
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}

#The Kingdom of Italy
event = {
	id = 309011
	trigger = {
		NOT = { event = 103 } # ReligiousEvents: Edict of Tolerance (1650-1655)
		NOT = { flag = Guelf }
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
 		exists = HAB
		NOT = { badboy = 6 } #Badboy must be no more than 5
		NOT = { vassal = { country = HAB country = PAR } } #Must not be vassalised to Austria
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAP country = PAR } } #Must not be vassalised to the Papal States
		NOT = { vassal = { country = FRA country = PAR } } #Must not be vassalised to France
		alliance = { country = PAR country = HAB }
		dynastic = { country = PAR country = HAB } 
		NOT = { vassal = { country = PAR country = HAB } } #The Emperor can't be forced but lured...
		OR = {
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}	
			AND = {
				}	
			}		
	}
	random = no
	country = PAR
	desc = "EVENTHIST228007"

offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1660 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME309010A" #I am worthy the Crown
		command = { type = diplomats value = -1 }
		command = { type = setflag which = Ghibelline } 
		command = { type = trigger which = [COLOR=Yellow]179027 [/COLOR] } #Austrias reply #HAB: The Crown of Italy
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME309010B" #Let us remain Parma
	}
}

#The Kingdom of Italy
#The force majeur way
event = {
	id = 309012
	trigger = {
		NOT = { event = 12114 } # FRA: The French Revolutionary Wars (previously, Sabre Rattling, 1792)
		atwar = no
		stability = 3
		       religion = counterreform 
			}
		vassal = { country = PAR country = HAB }  #Must have vassalised Austria
		vassal = { country = PAR country = PAP }  #Must have vassalised the Papal States
		OR = {
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}
			AND = {
				}	
			AND = {
				}	
			}	
	}
	random = no
	country = PAR
	desc = "EVENTHIST228008"

offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = January year = 1796 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228008A" #I shall take the Crown
		command = { type = badboy value = 3 } 
		command = { type = setflag which = force_majeur_coronation } 
		command = { type = breakvassal which = PAP } 
		command = { type = breakvassal which = HAB } 
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228008B" #That would give us too many enemies
	}
}

NEW PAPAL EVENT:
Code:
[COLOR=Yellow]#The Pope answers the proposal to crown an Italian king, Parma version
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 251052
	random = no
	country = PAP
	name = "EVENTNAME251052" #The Crown of Italy
	desc = "EVENTHIST251052"
	#-#Our ally and good friend in Parma have made to his land grown greatly in size and power, and it now dominates the northern part of the Italian peninsula. They now petitions us to grant them legitimate status as the Kingdom of Italy, a title within the Holy Roman Empire. The aspiring king offer us a great sum of money in the bargain but, the Emperor will not be amused if we agree to crown him.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME251052A" #This shall benefit us both, long live the King of Italy
		command = { type = cash value = 100 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 309016 } #Approval #PAR: The path to the Crown is cleared.
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = -200 }
		command = { type = breakdynastic which = HAB }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 251004 } #The Papal States get no CB #PAP: The Kingdom of Italy threatens the balance

}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME251052B" #If they want the crown, let them come and take it
		command = { type = trigger which = 309017 } #Rejection #PAR: Our Proposal is rejected!
	}
}[/COLOR]
EVENTHIST251052;Our ally and good friend in Parma have made to his land grown greatly in size and power, and it now dominates the northern part of the Italian peninsula. They now petitions us to grant them legitimate status as the Kingdom of Italy, a title within the Holy Roman Empire. The aspiring king offer us a great sum of money in the bargain but, the Emperor will not be amused if we agree to crown him.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME251052A;This shall benefit us both, long live the King of Italy;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME251052B;If they want the crown, let them come and take it;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#The Pope have granted the crown
event = {
	id = 309013
	trigger = { 		 
		event = [COLOR=Yellow]309016 [/COLOR] #the approval
		flag = Guelf 
		atwar = no
	     }
	random = no
	country = PAR
	name = "EVENTNAME228011" #The Coronation
	desc = "EVENTHIST228011"
	#-#My lord, I mean... Your Majesty! You are now the King of Italy!

offset = 90

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228011A" #Long live the King!"	
		command = { type = cash value = -100 } 
		command = { type = vp value = 200 }
		command = { type = country which = ITA }
		command = { type = trigger which = 193000 } #Capital in Milan
		command = { type = trigger which = 193059 } #Sets the monarchs to Parma's monarchs, and adds its leaders 
		command = { type = badboy value = 5 } 	
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 390000 } #PAR: The KoI threatens the balance (Italy shall get no CB on Italy)
		command = { type = breakdynastic which = TOS } #Tuscany             
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = SAV } #Savoy             
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = PIS } #Siena
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = MAN } #Mantua
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = PAM } #Modena
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = GEN } #Genoa
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = HAB } #Austria
		command = { type = addcore which = 401 } #Firenze
                command = { type = addcore which = 403 } #Liguria
                command = { type = addcore which = 389 } #Lombardia
                command = { type = addcore which = 404 } #Piemonte               
                command = { type = addcore which = 400 } #Siena
                command = { type = addcore which = 390 } #Mantua
		command = { type = addcore which = 391 } #Romagna
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 5 } #1.07 vanilla version #1.07 vanilla version
		command = { type = relation which = TOS value = -200 }  
		command = { type = relation which = GEN value = -200 } 
		command = { type = relation which = SAV value = -200 } 
		command = { type = relation which = PIS value = -200 } 
		command = { type = relation which = MAN value = -200 } 
		command = { type = relation which = PAM value = -200 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -150 }
		command = { type = relation which = SPA value = -100 } 	
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 100 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = PAP value = 392 } #Marche		
	}
}

NEW AUSTRIA EVENT:
Code:
[COLOR=Yellow]#Austria answers the proposal to give away the Crown of Italy, Parma version
#by Bordic
event = {
	id = 179027
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME179027" #The Crown of Italy
	desc = "EVENTHIST179027"
	#-#Our ally and good friend in Modena have made to his land grown greatly in size and power, and it now dominates the northern part of the Italian peninsula. They now petitions us to grant them legitimate status as the Kingdom of Italy, a title within the Holy Roman Empire. The aspiring king offer us a great sum of money in the bargain and, it will strengthen our position in Italy.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME179027A" #This shall benefit us both, long live the King of Italy
		command = { type = cash value = 500 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 309016 } #Approval #PAR: The path to the Crown is cleared.
		command = { type = removecore which = 389 } #Lombardia #Lombardia
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 179037 } #Austria get no CB #HAB: The Kingdom of Italy threatens the balance

}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME179027B" #If they want the crown, let them come and take it
		command = { type = trigger which = 309017 } #PAR: Our Proposal is rejected!
	}
}[/COLOR]
EVENTNAME251052;The Crown of Italy;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST179027;Our ally and good friend in Parma have made to his land grown greatly in size and power, and it now dominates the northern part of the Italian peninsula. They now petitions us to grant them legitimate status as the Kingdom of Italy, a title within the Holy Roman Empire. The aspiring king offer us a great sum of money in the bargain but, the Emperor will not be amused if we agree to crown him.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME179027A;This shall benefit us both, long live the King of Italy;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME179027B;If they want the crown, let them come and take it;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#The Emperor have granted the crown
event = {
	id = 309014
	trigger = { 
		event = [COLOR=Yellow]309016 [/COLOR] #the approval
		flag = Ghibelline 
		atwar = no
	     }
	random = no
	country = PAR
	desc = "EVENTHIST228012"

offset = 90

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228012A" #Long live the King!
		command = { type = cash value = -500 } 
		command = { type = trigger which = 193059 } #Sets the monarchs to Parma's monarchs, and adds its leaders 
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 390000 } #PAR: The KoI threatens the balance (Italy shall get no CB on Italy)
                command = { type = breakdynastic which = PAP } #Papal states
		[COLOR=Red]#command = { type = addcore which = 391 } #Romagna[/COLOR]
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 5 } #1.07 vanilla version
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -150 } 
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 100 }
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 327 } #Ostmarch
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 371 } #Tirol
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 369 } #Steiermark
		command = { type = secedeprovince which = HAB value = 350 } #Salzburg
	}
}

#The Emperor and the Pope are forced
event = {
	id = 309015
	trigger = { 
		flag = force_majeur_coronation	
		atwar = no
	     }
	random = no
	country = PAR
	desc = "EVENTHIST228013"

offset = 90
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = January year = 1796 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228013A" #Long live the King!
		command = { type = cash value = -100 } 
		[COLOR=Red]#command = { type = addcore which = 391 } #Romagna[/COLOR]
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 5 } #1.07 vanilla version 
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = -200 } 
	}
}

#The approval
event = {
	id = 309016
	random = no
	country = PAR
	name = "EVENTNAME228009" #The path to the Crown is cleared.
	desc = "EVENTHIST228009"
	#-#Our diplomat has returned, with good news. Time to prepare the coronation mylord!

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228009A" #It is God's will
		command = { type = vp value = 1 }
	}
}

#The rejection
event = {
	id = 309017
	random = no
	country = PAR
	name = "EVENTNAME228010" #Our Proposal is rejected!
	desc = "EVENTHIST228010"
	#-#Our diplomat has returned, with bad news. They will not recognise our legitimacy to the kingdom, at any price.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME228010A" #This must be God's will
		command = { type = vp value = -25 }
		command = { type = clrflag which = Guelf } #otherwise you can get two coronations
		command = { type = clrflag which = Ghibelline }
	}
}

#Sets the monarchs to the Parma monarchs, and adds its leaders
event = {
	id = 193059	 
	random = no
	country = ITA
	name = "EVENTNAME193001" #Italian leaders
	desc = "EVENTHIST193001"
	#-#We will get the services of additional leaders and our monarchs will rule Italy.

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME193004A" #Our new leaders!
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064597 } #Pier Luigi
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064598 } #Ottavio
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064599 } #Alessandro
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064600 } #Ranuccio I
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064601 } #Odoardo
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064602 } #Ranuccio II
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064603 } #Francesco Maria
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064604 } #Antonio
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064605 } #Carlo
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064606 } #Filippo
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064607 } #Ferdinando
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064608 } #Luigi
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064609 } #Carlo Luigi
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 064610 } #Maria Luisa
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 064943 } #Odoardo (ITA)
	}
}

#Italian Leaders abandon Spain
event = {
	id = 193060
	trigger = {
		NOT = {
			exists = PAR
			event = 390001 #PAR: Italian leaders abandon Spain 
			exists = SPA
			event = 285011 #SPA event to wake/sleep leaders
		}
		owned = { province = 402 data = -1 } #Emilia
	}
	random = no
	country = ITA
	name = "EVENTNAME390001" #Italian leaders abandon Spain
	desc = "EVENTHIST193060"
	#-#Because Spain had been destroyed leaders who might have served Spain will now serve Italy

date = { year = 1569 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME390001A" #Oh Yes!
		command = { type = sleepleader which = 09774 } #Alessandro Farnese (SPA)
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 064944 } #Alessandro (ITA)
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 390001 } #PAR: Italian leaders abandon Spain
	}
}

EVENTHIST193060;Because Spain had been destroyed leaders who might have served Spain will now serve Italy;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME309010A;I am worthy the Crown;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME309010B;Let us remain Parma;;;;;;;;;;

#Parma forming the Kingdom of Italy: leaders (new renumbering)
Code:
################################
# Military leaders from Parma
################################

historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 064943 }
	category = monarch
	name = "Odoardo" #from Oduardo
	startdate = {
		year = 1622
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1646
	}
	rank = 0
	movement = 4
	fire = 2
	shock = 3
	siege = 0
	dormant = yes
	remark = "Imola 1642"
}
historicalleader = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 064944 }
	category = monarch
	name = "Alessandro"
	startdate = {
		year = 1570
	}
	deathdate = {
		year = 1592
	}
	rank = 1
	movement = 4
	fire = 4
	shock = 6
	siege = 1
	dormant = yes
	remark = "normally Spanish instead - famous Duke of Parma"
}
#Parma forming the Kingdom of Italy: monarchs (new renumbering)
Code:
##########################
# Parma created Italy
##########################

#FARNESE LINE

historicalmonarch = {
	id = { type = 6 id = 064597 }
	startdate = {
		year = 1545
		month = august
		day = 26
	}