• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by The Captain
What if someone wanted to play Eire?

Since we'd almost certainly keep the tag anyway, there could easily be a fantasy option.

Also, I was wondering if there is anyway to separate and change the "Celtic"/"Gaelic culture group. Wales should be Welsh, Brittany should be Breton, Scotland should be Scottish or Scot-Gaelic, and Ireland should be Gaelic. Irish Gaelic has about as much in common with Breton as German has with Scandinavian.

Originally posted by Phystarstk
Also, I was wondering if there is anyway to separate and change the "Celtic"/"Gaelic culture group. Wales should be Welsh, Brittany should be Breton, Scotland should be Scottish or Scot-Gaelic, and Ireland should be Gaelic. Irish Gaelic has about as much in common with Breton as German has with Scandinavian.

The two way split from the AGC will be adapted I think. I.e. we have Brythonic in Brittany, Wales and Cornwall and Gaelic in Ireland and Scotland. More detail isn't needed IMO.

Another problem I have with giving all of Eire to England is the inevitable extermination of Gaelic culture and the conversion of the Irish provinces to Protestant.

Originally posted by The Captain
Another problem I have with giving all of Eire to England is the inevitable extermination of Gaelic culture and the conversion of the Irish provinces to Protestant.
How should England be able to exterminate Gaelic culture when all Irish provinces have a population above 1000?

It, like many other things in this game, is representational.

Brython and Gael are the two main branches of western Celt, are mutually intelligable within their branch, and have similar backgrounds and customs.

I could support giving EIR to ENG provided events were added to simulate troubles there. Any Irish buffs out there interested in scripting this?

A player could still play EIR the same way we do Wales. Start as ENG and release EIR, save and restart as EIR.

Originally posted by Lord Tarleton
A player could still play EIR the same way we do Wales. Start as ENG and release EIR, save and restart as EIR.

Or, we could easily just have it a fantasy option like the EEP has for Wales. ;)

wiande said:
nope, because as nobody oppose really spain, it's recurrent that some irish minors get annexed by spain, it's as you like to do with german minor i guess.
Yes but only for Emperor in some sort of historical way to preserve HRE integrity (this should be the role of Emperor). It is not the same here and don't forget Ireland had links with Spain (Irish Tercios).

Anyway, I don't see Spain too much present in Ireland in my tests. Of course it can happen but it is the same for Scandinavian countries or France. It depends which countries are at war against England and her Irish allies.