• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To me the RR should not be permanent. Whether it's +5 or +2 isn't so important as the fact that at some point the RR gets turned off.

I also agree that once you've sucked up the penalty once you shouldn't have to take it again (unless you lose ownership of the province).

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
To me the RR should not be permanent. Whether it's +5 or +2 isn't so important as the fact that at some point the RR gets turned off.

I also agree that once you've sucked up the penalty once you shouldn't have to take it again (unless you lose ownership of the province).

I understand what you are saying about dealing with the penalty once, but I also thought it would be kind of nice if the revolt stacked to show the growing restlessness, and that over time it would be impractical to hold onto those pesky german states.
BUT, looking at the negative effects again, lets see:
+2 BB
-1 Stability
Revolt in home territory
+3/5 RR in conquered province.
Now these events trigger every 20 years possibly.

That could be to much considering it hits you every 20 years if you decide to keep the conquered country.

perhaps keep the RR at +5, but make it only last for 20 years a pop. So the province will always have +5 RR until the events end.
BUT it wont be stacking, so it makes it more attractive to auctually hold onto the province.

The only reason I suggest the RR at +5, is because the way that the new Revolt system works on a yearly basis.

Late,
Jester

Originally posted by Jester
perhaps keep the RR at +5, but make it only last for 20 years a pop. So the province will always have +5 RR until the events end.
BUT it wont be stacking, so it makes it more attractive to auctually hold onto the province.

You also need to take into account revolt risk that could be added by random events. So its probably better to under-compensate then over.

In general that may be appropriate, but Rajputana i believe it is the exception. Everyone (except Akbar and his immediate successors) who'd conquered them had constand minor revoltrs against the nobles and sometimes these would get worse and sometimes succeed in throwing off the shackles.

Originally posted by Garbon
You also need to take into account revolt risk that could be added by random events. So its probably better to under-compensate then over.

Just ran into a problem. Apparently there is no way to make a RR increase that is keyed to a specific province that goes away after a certain time, without making a second event that reduces the RR at some point.

You can a make a specific country suffer RR for a certain amount of time, but you cannot do the same to a specific province.

If this is true, then I need to reevaluate the effects for the independence events.

Late,
Jester

Independence options

I have reevaluated the options for the possible indepedence events. Here is what I am looking at.

A: Release the captured nation
+1 Centralization- this is to offset the -1 due to Diplo-annexing, and to help the AI, who do not get the ability to change their sliders around. Maybe this should be only in the AI-Only events ?
-1 BB to offset the amount of BB points acquired for possibly force-annexing or Diplo-annexing the country. should this be more?
+50 relations with the neighbors of the conquered country. At least 6 countries +50....maybe up to +100? to offset the -100 hit you take when you annex the same religion countries.

B: Keep the nation as part of your realm
-1 stability
+2 Badboy
1 revolt in your home territory
+2 RR in the conquered country, maybe reduce to +1? since this will stack. I have thought about making it a +1 RR in the whole country that will expire in 20 years, but Itreally don't want to do it like that.
-50 relations with the neighbors of the conquered country. At least 6 countries (all of Germany for German countries, and all of Italy for Italian countries, perhaps something similar for the Balkans also)...maybe up to -100?

I curently have events crafted for Navarre, Savoy, and Baden, as well as their AI counterparts. What I would like to do now is get the effects tweaked.

LAte,
Jester

I thought you knew that. Yea Paradox had made special exemptions for some of their random events, but probably had to go into the code to do so.

But as i said since i knew this its not changing my events.

As something for the independence events, shouldn't the country granting it's independence also issue a guarantee independence proclamation?
Is small issue, but this would keep the same country 10 yrs laters to get the same fate. (well maybe) And besides, if you were to releade a country you would probably want to make sure it stayed indpendent. Just wondering if you could add this into the independence yes-no options.TY

Originally posted by Garbon
Unfortunately, there isn't a guarentee independence command.

TRUE, it is not possible to guarantee a countries independence through events. But you must remember that the country is releases as your vassal, so that anyone attacking it gives you a CB on them for a certain period of time.

I have decided to create the AI-only events first, since they are less complicated.

working on the HRE-States first
they will look like this for example, and will be done in 20 year stints.

event = {
id = 9990021
name = "Baden Sovereignty"
desc = "AI."
random = no
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1419 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1439 }
province = 373
trigger = {
AI = yes
NOT = {
core = { province = 373 data = -1 }
exists = BAD }
OR = {
religion = catholic
religion = counterreform
religion = protestant
religion = reformed
}
}
style = 1
action_a = {
name = "Maintain status quo and release them as vassals"
command = { type = independence which = BAD }
command = { type = badboy value = -2 }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
command = { type = relation which = BAV value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = BRA value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = BRE value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = COL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = FRI value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = GEL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = HAN value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = HEL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = HES value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = HOL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = KLE value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = LOR value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = LUX value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = MAG value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = MAI value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = MEC value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = MUN value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = OLD value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = POM value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = SAX value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = STR value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = PAL value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = WUR value = 50 }
command = { type = relation which = WRZ value = 50 }}
}

What does anyone think?
should I go ahead with creating these events?, and if I do is there an easy way to make these, besides cut and paste?

Late,
Jester

TRUE, it is not possible to guarantee a countries independence through events. But you must remember that the country is releases as your vassal, so that anyone attacking it gives you a CB on them for a certain period of time.

Is that really right? I don't recall it working that way.

Wurzbrug is THU, Saxony is SAC, Bavaria is BAY, Cologne is KOL, the Palatinate is PFA.

I really thinkit's better if the player and the AI get the event. As written it simply hurts the AI. My view on this is that the event choices ought to be balanced (which means that no releasing should hurt) and that the player should be subject to everything the ai is unless there is a really good reason not to.

Is that really right? I don't recall it working that way.

Wurzbrug is THU, Saxony is SAC, Bavaria is BAY, Cologne is KOL, the Palatinate is PFA.

I really thinkit's better if the player and the AI get the event. As written it simply hurts the AI. My view on this is that the event choices ought to be balanced (which means that no releasing should hurt) and that the player should be subject to everything the ai is unless there is a really good reason not to.

thanks for those corrections, I just kind of threw those together at the last moment.

This event is just to make the AI behave historically. I am planning on crafting events that will be effect both the player and the AI. If someone would want to play without one or the other they could.

LAte,
Jester

It depends how they are defined in revolt.txt. It can be set up either way. The problem is that if you don't give them the extra province they won't have it as a core, unless it's then granted to them by event. Still we can work around that.

It depends how they are defined in revolt.txt. It can be set up either way. The problem is that if you don't give them the extra province they won't have it as a core, unless it's then granted to them by event. Still we can work around that.

Trying to get a clarification here. A nation that is released as a vassal will only start with cores on the provinces that it is released with? I had thought that the revolt file or the starting .inc file would be the default for what cores the new nation should have?

If it works like you are saying Isaac, then that definitely stinks.

I have been busy with the merger, so I haven't worked on these independence events lately, but they are definitely a priority for me.

Late,
Jester

Trying to get a clarification here. A nation that is released as a vassal will only start with cores on the provinces that it is released with? I had thought that the revolt file or the starting .inc file would be the default for what cores the new nation should have?

All of this is defined in the revolt.txt

The minimum provinces line tells how many provinces, the nation will be released with, if as a vassal.

The extra line, determines what cores the nation will have upon being released. So I his 'extra province' bit refers to this line in the revolt.txt

So it doesn't matter whats in the .inc in terms of releasing a vassal.