• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Norrefeldt,
I'm not all that fixated on a 6 DIP for Afonso V, but he got the French to invade and had the support of most of the Castilian great nobles, but was defeated militarily at Toro <sp?> in 1476. It dragged on a while afterwards, but...
Duarte is the biggest problem, even if he did only reign for 8 years or so. I still need to do some reading on the later monarchs before I can venture an opinion.

Bordic said:
I am for the second option!

But also:
Code:
#The Abdication of Charles V#
event = {
        trigger = {
		event = 3178 		#HAB The Habsburg Inheritance of Burgundy
		[COLOR=Yellow]NOT = { exists = HAB }  #added to avoid duplicates and if HAB3749 or HAB179016 didn't fire[/COLOR]  
	}				        
	id = 3157		
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3157"
	desc = "EVENTHIST3157"

[COLOR=Yellow]date = { day = 29 month = september year = 1556 }[/COLOR]

action_a ={#Yes Father!#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3157A"
                command = { type = remove_countryculture which = dutch }
		[COLOR=Red]command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 100 } 
                command = { type = dynastic which = HAB } 
                command = { type = alliance which = HAB }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
	}
}
Wouldn't that fit better with the other SPA3748?
I would prefer a single event for this, triggered on HAB_3749 or HAB_179016 (not triggered by, which isn't needed as they all have only one option), or HAB_3178 if HAB doesn't exist. If HAB doesn't exist the commands for it will be ignored.

Norrefeldt said:
I would prefer a single event for this, triggered on HAB_3749 or HAB_179016 (not triggered by, which isn't needed as they all have only one option), or HAB_3178 if HAB doesn't exist. If HAB doesn't exist the commands for it will be ignored.
You mean a merge between SPA_3748 and SPA_3157?

Code:
event = {
	id = 3157
	trigger = { event = 3178 }
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3157" #The Abdication of Charles V
	desc = "EVENTHIST3157"
	#-#On the twenty-fifth day of October, 1555, the estates of the Netherlands were assembled in the great hall of the palace at Brussels. They had been summoned to be witnesses and the guarantees of the abdication, which Charles V had long before resolved upon, and which he was that day to execute. Charles was a devotee catholic and compassionate with other people, but he could not see why anyone would not come back to the only church there was, the Catholic Church. The incessant strife, both religious and political, within the Holy Roman Empire had worn him down. Therefore he wanted to split the Habsburg Empire between Madrid and Vienna and then withdraw to the calm milieu of his favorite cloister. Let the rash and youthful take care of the problems!

date = { day = 29 month = september year = 1556 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3157A" #Yes Father!
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 100 }
		command = { type = alliance which = HAB }
	}
}

event = {
	id = 3748 #triggered by HAB_3749
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3748" #The Abdication of Charles V
	desc = "EVENTHIST3748"
	#-#On the twenty-fifth day of October, 1555, the estates of the Netherlands were assembled in the great hall of the palace at Brussels. They had been summoned to be witnesses and the guarantees of the abdication, which Charles V had long before resolved upon, and which he was that day to execute. Charles was a devotee catholic and compassionate with other people, but he could not see why anyone would not come back to the only church there was, the Catholic Church. The incessant strife, both religious and political, within the Holy Roman Empire had worn him down. Therefore he wanted to split the Habsburg Empire between Madrid and Vienna and then withdraw to the calm milieu of his favorite cloister. Let the rash and youthful take care of the problems!

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3748A" #Yes Father!
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 150 }
	}
}
into

Code:
event = {
	[COLOR=Yellow]id = 3157 #or 3748
	trigger = {
		OR = {	event = 3749   #HAB: The Abdication of Charles V
			event = 179016 #HAB: The Emperor's Abdication
			event = 3178   #HAB: The Habsburg Inheritance of Burgundy (if HAB does't exist)			  
		}
	}[/COLOR]		
	random = no
	country = SPA
	desc = "EVENTHIST3157"

date = { day = 29 month = september year = 1556 }

action_a = {
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = [COLOR=Yellow]150[/COLOR] } #or 100
	}
}

Yes. To trigger on 3178, HAB has to not exist too. (Unless I'm mistaken.)
Code:
	trigger = {
			AND = {
				NOT = { exists = HAB }
				}
		}
	}

Norrefeldt said:
Yes. To trigger on 3178, HAB has to not exist too. (Unless I'm mistaken.)
No, you are not.

Here is the event, then:

Code:
event = {
	id = 3157 #merger between previous SPA_3157 and SPA_3748 
	trigger = {
			AND = {
				NOT = { exists = HAB }
				}
		}
	}		
	random = no
	country = SPA
	desc = "EVENTHIST3157"

date = { day = 0 month = october year = 1556 } 

action_a = {
		command = { type = relation which = HAB value = 150 } 
	}
}
HAB_179016 and HAB_3749 fire on 29 september 1556 so 0 october (1 oct. actually!) has to be the date in the event above.

But either SPA_3157 or SPA_3748 and corresponding thexts has to be removed. I don't know if one of these event is used as trigger in other events unfortunately...

EDIT: since neither 3157 nor 3748 are used in any trigger in agceep, we just simply copy the event above and paste it over the previous SPA_3157. We need then to remove the old SPA_3748 as it is now unnecessary.

In that way if Austria exists the Spanish event will always fire while if Austria doesn't exist the Spanish event will fire only if Maximilian of Hapsburg has previously married Mary of Burgundy (in 1477).

Should maybe HAB_3179 "The Spanish Wedding" or SPA_285100 "The empire where the sun never sets" be better trigger conditions for SPA_3157 instead of HAB_3178?

Last edited:
Fine. I'll make a note in the ToDo list in the bug thread, with a link here. I belive Yodamaster can find out if those ID's matter elsewhere.

EDIT: Can you flesh out the description of what to do as much as possible, in the post above?

Last edited:
Bordic said:
Please notice my new "edited" comment to the proposed bugfix above...
The change for the event itsef is just the comment on the id line, right? It not, please use colors to help me.

For this question:
Bordic said:
Should maybe HAB_3179 "The Spanish Wedding" or SPA_285100 "The empire where the sun never sets" be better trigger conditions for SPA_3157 instead of HAB_3178?
I have to check but maybe yes.

donm61873 said:
If you remove SPA_3748, make sure you edit event #206998 in AGCEEP_Fantasy_Iberia.eue to remove the sleepevent.

Hope I'm not adding something I shouldn't... Just trying to help.
Thanks and don't worry, according to Bordic's solution, I didn't forget to replace 3748 with 3157 in Fantasy Iberia. ;)

YodaMaster said:
The change for the event itsef is just the comment on the id line, right? It not, please use colors to help me.
The merger event uses only the same id number of old SPA_3157, the rest is wholly modified... if we prefer we could simply use a new id from SPA "range"!

For this question:
I have to check but maybe yes.
I have originally used 3178 as trigger only because it was in the old SPA_3157 (check my previous post about both Spanish events) but as I have previously said HAB_3179 always fires if Spain exists, while SPA_285100 fires only if Burgundy exists in 1517 and Mary of Burgundy has previously (in 1477) married Maximilian of Hapsburg.

But for consistency also HAB_179016 , HAB_3749 and HAB_3179 should depend on that marriage!

And in order to be sure that the marriage will be celebrated in 1477 we need to have Burgundy survive at least in 1476-1477 and in 1517 when Spain inherits it... (so either changing the AI or modifying the events BUR_3597 and FRA_3320, because with the combination of these two events, Burgundy loses Bourgogne and Picardie and in the same time goes at war against France which with its large armies generally and easily "grasps" more provinces...

Sebastian Henry and Regency

I've been getting ready to start a new GC, & as usual, am tweaking the files a bit. I've been looking at the "King is declared insane" option under Seb I's N Afr expedition. What I can't figure out, is how it's supposed to work. Choosing "b" wakes monarch 06768, the Regency, whose dates run 5 Aug 1578 - 31 Mar 1621. However, since the event fires on 5 Aug 1578, which is also the startdate for #06757, Henrique, plus being the day after Sebastian's deathdate, it's not clear what the sequence should be. Should Henrique be slept? In my experience, Henrique ends up being king, no matter what you choose, so why bother with a regency?

Can anyone explain this?

Since Fodoron hasn't posted here for more than 4 months, there are some events made by him which were never been submitted.

They are here about the Fuggers and from post 1239 to 1244 in the Iberian thread here about decrease in centralization.

If we all agree, could they be submitted in the game?

In posts 1245 and 1247 it was also suggested to change HAB3183 "The Fuggers" for consistency, lowering down the loansize from 500 to 300 and inflation in action_B...

As for inflation increase I would suggest to lower it down from original 10 to 2 as in the Spanish event...I know it isn't the right thread... :D

EDIT: I have posted my suggestion in appropriate thread!

About the modified Fugger event for Spain (SPA3154), we need to tweak also the event concerning the Comuneros because of those prov_RR in action_A. Or we can just remove them...

Last edited:
As for now we can just modify the event "the Fuggers" as follows, according to Fodoron's "directives" ( :D ):
Code:
#The Fuggers
#modified by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 3154
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3154" #The Fuggers
	desc = "EVENTHIST3154"
        #-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1519 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1520 }

action_a = {		
		name = "ACTIONNAME3154A" #Let the Fuggers run our Finances
		command = { type = loansize which = 400 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = merchants value = 6 }
		command = { type = inflation value = -5 }
		#command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 436 value = 8 } #Castilla
		#command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 435 value = 8 } #Leon
		#command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 439 value = 8 } #Toledo
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
	}
	action_b = {		
		name = "ACTIONNAME3154B" #Turn the Fuggers offer down
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 2 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3155 } #SPA: The Comuneros
	}
}

And text made by Fodoron changed into:

EVENTHIST3154;The Fuggers were a peasant family of weavers from Augsburg during the 15th Century who rose through trade and transactions in money to Bankers of the Habsburgs and the Popes. Jakob Fugger the Rich (1511-1525) controlled European lead, silver and copper production and obtained a monopoly in quicksilver. Anton Fugger (1525-1560) had trading concessions in Chile, Peru and Moscow. However, the company declined by the end of the 16th Century because of state bankruptcies in Spain, family conflicts and lack of interest on the part of the heirs. Financial support from Jakob Fugger allowed young Carlos to win the Imperial crown over a more prestigious François I, something that the king of France never forgave him. However the rents of Castile were mortgaged for several years to pay back the 850,000 florins loaned by the Fuggers at high interest, and the added taxation greatly increased the unhappiness of the Castilians with their foreign king.;;;;;;;;;;7931

The provRR commands can be disabled until a further modification will be made to the event(s) concerning "the Comuneros" (starting from SPA3155). Who knows about those rebellions, please help... ;)

N.B.:

Code:
#The Com[COLOR=Red]m[/COLOR]uneros#
event = {
	id = 3155
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3155" #The Com[COLOR=Red]m[/COLOR]uneros
	desc = "EVENTHIST3155"
	#-#The commons, angered by the exploitation by the nobles formed into brotherhoods, notably the 'Com[COLOR=Red]m[/COLOR]uneros' of Castile and the 'Germania' of Valencia, and attempted to pressurize the nobles into giving them more rights and a better deal.

Shouldn't it be written with one "n"? :confused:

Last edited:
Bordic said:
As for now we can just modify the event "the Fuggers" as follows, according to Fodoron's "directives" ( :D ):

Bordic, I am currently unable to play EU2 and don't have much time, but I just passed by and wanted to thank you for resurrecting this.

I believe we finally agreed in a 300 loansize when I first posted it. Also I have quickly written the comuneros events as I promised.

For those interested there is a very good source of info on this whole affair here

Code:
#The Fuggers#
# Paradox event modified by Fodoron
event = {
	id = 3154
	random = no
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3154"
	desc = "EVENTHIST3154"
	date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1519 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1520 }

action_a ={		#Let the Fuggers run our Finances#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3154A"
		command = { type = loansize which = 300 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = merchants value = 6 }
		command = { type = inflation value = -5 }
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 436 value = 8 } #Castilla
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 435 value = 8 } #Leon
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 439 value = 8 } #Toledo
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
	action_b ={		#Turn the Fuggers offer down#
		name = "ACTIONNAME3154B"
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = inflation value = 2 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 3155 } # The Comuneros I
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 285074 } # The Comuneros II
	}
}
EVENTHIST3154;The Fuggers were a peasant family of weavers from Augsburg during the 15th Century who rose through trade and transactions in money to Bankers of the Habsburgs and the Popes. Jakob Fugger the Rich (1511-1525) controlled European lead, silver and copper production and obtained a monopoly in quicksilver. Anton Fugger (1525-1560) had trading concessions in Chile, Peru and Moscow. However, the company declined by the end of the 16th Century because of state bankruptcies in Spain, family conflicts and lack of interest on the part of the heirs. Financial support from Jakob Fugger allowed young Carlos to win the Imperial crown over a more prestigious François I, something that the king of France never forgave him. However the rents of Castile were mortgaged for several years to pay back the 850,000 florins loaned by the Fuggers at high interest, and the added taxation greatly increased the unhappiness of the Castilians with their foreign king.;;;;;;;;;;7931

And yes, only one n for the Comuneros, not to be mistaken with the
commname.gif

Code:
# The Comuneros I
# Paradox event modified by Fodoron
event = { 			
	id = 3155
	random = no     
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME3155"
	desc = "EVENTHIST3155"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1520 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = june year = 1520 }

action_a = { # no concessions
		name = "ACTIONNAME3155A"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 435 } # Leon
		command = { type = revolt which = 436 } # Castilla
		command = { type = revolt which = 436 } # Castilla
		command = { type = revolt which = 439 } # Toledo
		command = { type = revolt which = 439 } # Toledo
	}
	action_b = { # agree to their demmands
		name = "ACTIONNAME3155B"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 435 value = -1 } # Leon
		command = { type = provincetax which = 436 value = -1 } # Castilla
		command = { type = provincetax which = 439 value = -1 } # Toledo
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 436 value = -8 } #Castilla
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 435 value = -8 } #Leon
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 439 value = -8 } #Toledo
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = -1 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 285074 } # The Comuneros II
	}
}
EVENTNAME3155;The Comuneros;;;;;;;;;;

EVENTHIST3155;The power that the Castilian cities had acquired in 1470 with the Santa Hermandad ended in 1498 when the Kings sided again with the nobility and disbanded it. The nobility continued to erode the cities position during the regency of Cisneros in 1516, so the commons were upset with Carlos delay to come to his realm. When 17 year old Carlos arrived from Burgundy, he illegally took the crown from his mad mother without much opposition, but he also behaved as a foreign king in a conquered country, appointing only Burgundians for government and extorting money from the cities, thus alienating both the nobles and the commons. When the chance to claim the imperial crown presented, Carlos extorted and mortgaged Castile rents to pay the Fuggers before leaving for Germany. The Castilian cities then revolted and formed the Santa Junta, defeating the scarce Royal forces, while the nobility stood aside unwilling to defend a king that had ignored their demands regarding court appointments. The rebels appealed to Juana the mad for support, but she was unwilling or unable to help them. With no other choice they turned to Carlos, ready to accept him if he was willing to return to the country, marry, reform his court, remove the foreigners and lower the taxes;;;;;;;;;;

ACTIONNAME3155A;Ignore their demands;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME3155B;Make concessions;;;;;;;;;;

Carlos must have been really naive, because he had come from Burgundy without an army and managed to alienate everybody with some power in Castile. Basically he could do nothing except negotiate, yet he refused to do it. The situation became worse when Valencia precipitated on her own in an inter-class struggle:

Code:
# The Germania
# by Fodoron
event = { 			
	trigger = { event = 3155 } # The Comuneros I
	id = 285075
	random = no     
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285075"
	desc = "EVENTHIST285075"

date = { day = 15 month = june year = 1520 }

action_a = { # ok
		name = "ACTIONNAME285075A"
		command = { type = revolt which = 437 } # Valencia
		command = { type = revolt which = 437 } # Valencia
		command = { type = revolt which = 821 } # Baleares
		command = { type = revolt which = 438 } # Murcia
	}
}
EVENTNAME285075;The Germania;;;;;;;;;;

EVENTHIST285075;In 1519 the artisans guild of Valencia was given permission to form a militia brotherhood (germania), to defend the coastline from Barbary pirates, but the guilds had a hidden agenda to use the Germania against the nobility. The arrival of a new viceroy in April 1520 precipitated the confrontation, and the guilds took control of Valencia. Soon battles erupted between the Germania and the nobles, spreading to Murcia and Mallorca. The Germania had also a marked anti-muslim component, attacking the moriscos, sometimes forcing them to convert. This also eroded the economical power of the nobility, as the moriscos were their indentured serfs, and once converted they were freed from servitude. The king did not do anything, letting the nobles deal with the Germania. By March 1523 the Germania had been crushed and hundreds executed. The next year Charles issued a General Pardon.;;;;;;;;;;

ACTIONNAME285075A;Argh! Not now;;;;;;;;;;

There was nothing that he could do so that is what he did about it, nothing.
Then things got really hairy. Francois I of France was really upset for having lost the imperial crown, so taking advantage of Carlos troubles he attacked in Milan, and invaded Navarra in 1521. The French got as far South as Logroño hoping that the Comuneros there would receive them with open arms. But the Comuneros were not that stupid and refused to let them in. Thankfully, Carlos could count on his grandfather Fernando's troops in Aragon to defeat the French and recover Navarra. But in Castile he had to relay in the nobility.

Code:
# The Comuneros II
# by Fodoron
event = { 			
	id = 285074
	random = no     
	country = SPA
	name = "EVENTNAME285074"
	desc = "EVENTHIST285074"

date = { day = 23 month = april year = 1521 }

action_a = { # agree to their demmands
		name = "ACTIONNAME285074A"
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 12 value = -6 }
		command = { type = INF which = 428 value = 10000 }
	}
	action_b = { # no concessions
		name = "ACTIONNAME285074B"
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 24 value = 8 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 431 } # Cantabria
		command = { type = revolt which = 432 } # Asturias
		command = { type = revolt which = 438 } # Murcia
		command = { type = revolt which = 443 } # Andalucia
	}
}
EVENTNAME285074;The execution of the Comuneros;;;;;;;;;;

EVENTHIST285074;After September 1520, the rebellion spread to the countryside. The comuneros were quite heterogeneous already, and the rural classes were markedly revolutionary and directed the rebellion against the nobility, that until them was unsympathetic with the king’s troubles. It was a fatal mistake. The nobles reacted to the threat negotiating with Carlos the concessions they wanted and then formed a strong army. Although defeated in February 1521, they recovered soon, and on April 23, they crushed the Comuneros army at Villalar executing their leaders the following day. By February 1522, the last Comuneros surrendered and Carlos could afford to be magnanimous and issued a General Pardon to all but the main leaders. Carlos returned to Spain in 1522, married an iberian woman, Isabel of Portugal, and appointed Spanish nobles to government. These were many of the Comuneros demands, but they were done on Carlos terms, after humbling the cities and restoring his relationships with the nobles.;;;;;;;;;;

ACTIONNAME285074A;Make concessions to the nobility and crush the rebels;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME285074B;Do not accept the demands of the nobility either;;;;;;;;;;

In the end all worked well for him. He learnt a valuable lesson and became ready to take on Europe :D
The Comuneros did not do well, but they became heroes, and today they have statues and squares in many cities in Castile, and the 23 of April is the regional day of Castile with a big celebration at Villalar.
But unlike in Northern Europe, cities became irrelevant, and Spain became a country dominated by the nobility until the XXth century, so in the end the Spaniards lost big time I believe.

Perhaps some kind soul could test the events before they are approved and submitted, as I cannot do it.

EDIT: A note of caution on the numbering. Since I made so many events for Spain, I divided the tag by centuries to be able to keep some historic order, but Yoda put some order in my mess, so I cannot reliably say that those numbers are neither convenient nor already in use, as I don't have 1.40 yet.

Also notice that I split the -2 stab of my original proposal between the Fuggers and the Communeros I, so now they are both -1 stab for choice a.

Last edited:
Fodoron said:
Bordic, I am currently unable to play EU2 and don't have much time, but I just passed by and wanted to thank you for resurrecting this.
Very glad to hear from you again! :)
I believe we finally agreed in a 300 loansize when I first posted it. Also I have quickly written the comuneros events as I promised.
Yes it is now the same loansize as in the Austrian Fuggers event I suggested in Germany and Austria thread.
Good, now the Comuneros affair is clearer to me! ;)

Fodoron said:
In the end all worked well for him. He learnt a valuable lesson and became ready to take on Europe :D
The Comuneros did not do well, but they became heroes, and today they have statues and squares in many cities in Castile, and the 23 of April is the regional day of Castile with a big celebration at Villalar.
But unlike in Northern Europe, cities became irrelevant, and Spain became a country dominated by the nobility until the XXth century, so in the end the Spaniards lost big time I believe.

If this was such an important shift from cities to aristocracy (i.e. plutocracy to aristocracy) wouldn't a bigger slidermove (say, 2) make sense?

Fodoron said:
Perhaps some kind soul could test the events before they are approved and submitted, as I cannot do it.

EDIT: A note of caution on the numbering. Since I made so many events for Spain, I divided the tag by centuries to be able to keep some historic order, but Yoda put some order in my mess, so I cannot reliably say that those numbers are neither convenient nor already in use, as I don't have 1.40 yet.

About numbering, well just the first two available...

Only one bug I seem to see:

in event SPA_3155, ACTIONNAME3155A and ACTIONNAME3155B are to be changed, ie comments are different from descriptions in text.csv, hoping that those commands are not used by other events...

Is there any fast method to see if more events use same actionnames?

sturmvogel said:
Gregorio de la Cuesta (ID = 09800) was wounded in 1810 and died a year later according to Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorio_García_de_la_Cuesta. Currently his death date is 1809.

Jason

I think the death date should be set to december 1809, as he left his position then:

Cuesta survived the defeat of Medellín but not the victory of Talavera. Harassed by his enemies inside and outside the army (he was always a better military man than courtier or politician), he was forced to resign his position of Commander in Chief in December 1809.
Source: http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/biographies/c_cuesta.html