• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Medicine Man

Aberrating Furiously
57 Badges
Mar 24, 2001
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
I'll start with a caveat: I'm not a member of the AGC-EEP project, so I'm not sure if my input is welcome or encouraged. Nevertheless I would like to make a suggestion regarding an event chain that is rather prominent in the EEP -- English victory in the HYW. If this feature is going to make the transition from the EEP to the merged project, I would like to propose a few additions.

1) A bit of speculation: If England had not been driven off of the continent, her history may have unfolded quite differently. It is quite possible that an England emerging victorious in the HYW would not have realized her destiny as a naval nation, or at least not have been as focussed on colonial expansion. It would be interesting if there were an event chain to sleep some of England's explorers and conquistadors, while activating some of France's generals for England. Perhaps England's capital could even be moved to the continent?

I'm not sure if this is logical or desirable, but I think it bears consideration.

2) I suggested this in the EEP forum earlier, greedy bastard that I am, but I think I'll bring it up again. French revolution for occupying England. Nuff said. Seeing that England is only likely to run France over while under human control, I say let England take it in the backside during every nasty uprising for both nations. :)

There is my 2 cents. If you guys really resent me trying to make more work for you, I'd be more than happy to submit the events myself. Cheers. :)

Welcome aboard Medicine Man! Your input is more than welcome. There now, I said welcome twice. I guess that means your doubley welcome (damn, I said it again!). :p

Right now there is alot of ahistorical, alternate history or fantasy events if you will, in the works. Feel free to take a look at what I'm up to in the Hundred Years War thread and add to it there or here. As for will anything we write ever make it into the AGC + EEP Mod, who really cares. :eek: Well I guess I do care kinda. :eek: Seriously, there are numerous wholes to fill besides an English victory in the HYW. It's just where I decided to start. But enough about me, I look forward to hearing more from you. Once we get out of the HYW period, we need to start another thread. I can't see talking about explorers and the French Revolution in a HYW thread, comfuses folks, me included. ;)

Originally posted by Medicine Man
It would be interesting if there were an event chain to sleep some of England's explorers and conquistadors, while activating some of France's generals for England. Perhaps England's capital could even be moved to the continent?

I'm not sure if this is logical or desirable, but I think it bears consideration.

I'd suggest that a logical way to follow this is to have an English option (possibly the preferred option) to "become France" if they conquer the country. That does, indeed, seem like a fairly plausible historical path - a true king of England and France might soon come to care more about France than England.

Originally posted by Zander
I'd suggest that a logical way to follow this is to have an English option (possibly the preferred option) to "become France" if they conquer the country. That does, indeed, seem like a fairly plausible historical path - a true king of England and France might soon come to care more about France than England.

Funny you should mention that, it's one of the choices in my beta fantasy events that I haven't posted yet. I'm not sure if it will be in the final cut yet, but we'll see.

Medicine Man - I like both of your ideas. England would definitely have evolved differently if it was involved on the continent, and the question of a French revolution is certainly a very interesting one. My opinion is that if England has conquered France, they can afford to have a few nasty events! ;)

As Lord Tarleton mentioned, there is currently a lot of work underway on the HYW, both historically and fantasy, in the EEP HYW thread in the EEP sub-forum. All comments welcome!

As Lord Tarleton mentioned, there is currently a lot of work underway on the HYW, both historically and fantasy, in the EEP HYW thread in the EEP sub-forum. All comments welcome!

So, this isn't where the actual scripting of events for the unified project is going? I thought the AGC & EEP threads were more or less dead now. #@$%@ it, now I have to go through even more of these things :D.

I think even if England got more involved in the Continent, it would have started getting envious of Spain's colonial empire; but you are right that some of the maritimers should go.

One possibility could be an event following the Reformation: if the king decides to stay Catholic, there could be a series of English revolts that moves him to Ile de France if Anglia falls.

jay.

Originally posted by Llywelyn
So, this isn't where the actual scripting of events for the unified project is going? I thought the AGC & EEP threads were more or less dead now. #@$%@ it, now I have to go through even more of these things .

Your implied thought is correct IMO. If the AGC and EEP are going to be a part of the same team, the board structure should be changed. I would create a forum called the "Mod Writers Guild" (I call it that because AFAIK no one has agreed on what we should now be called) and place the old EEP and AGC Forums under it, along with this forum.

I think even if England got more involved in the Continent, it would have started getting envious of Spain's colonial empire; but you are right that some of the maritimers should go.

I agree, once the gold started rolling in from the new world everyone one that could sought to get in on the action.

One possibility could be an event following the Reformation: if the king decides to stay Catholic, there could be a series of English revolts that moves him to Ile de France if Anglia falls.

Yes there should be some troubles during the Reformation. I can't say much about it now, I'm still working in the 15th century.;)

Originally posted by Llywelyn
So, this isn't where the actual scripting of events for the unified project is going? I thought the AGC & EEP threads were more or less dead now. #@$%@ it, now I have to go through even more of these things :D.

At the moment, all new EEP ideas are being scripted and posted in house. Thats not to say that some scripting isn't going on here, but I'd think that the more important focus for this forum would be the creation of an acutal merged product.

Ok, I'm going to have to visit the EEP thread on the Hundred Year War now. Thanks for the head's up. It is a big thread, so I think I'll read it tomorrow. Cheers. :)