• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
based on text, change needed

#(1432) Consequence of Hussite Wars
event = {
id = 179013
trigger = {
OR = {
flag = [HussiteWars]
AND = {
event = 179077 #HAB: Implication in Hussite Wars
OR = {
event = 261002 #PRM: Styria becomes Austria
event = 322013 #TYR: Tyrol becomes Austria
}
OR = { #Original Austrian provinces if Styria or Tyrol became Austria
owned = { province = 350 data = -1 } #Salzburg
owned = { province = 351 data = -1 } #Austria
}
}
}
}
random = no
country = HAB
name = "EVENTNAME179013" #Consequence of Hussite Wars
desc = "EVENTHIST179013"
#-#After the execution of Jan Hus on July 6, 1415 in Constance a revolutionary movement formed in Bohemia, partly inspired by social concerns and nationalist ideas and directed against King Sigismund. As his son-in-law, Duke Albrecht V of Austria, had participated in military campaigns in Bohemia and Moravia starting in 1420. Hussite troops invaded Austria between 1425-1431 and devastated the provinces north of the River Danube. As a consequence of the Hussite wars the Austrian national defence system was reorganised on the basis of districts.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1432 }
offset = 360
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1433 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME179013A" #Reorganize the national defence system
command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = OFFENSIVE value = -1 }
command = { type = fortress which = -1 value = 1 } #anywhere but certainly not in Ostmarch
command = { type = treasury value = -50 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME179013B" #There is no need for change
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}
}

Code:
#(1710-1820) The Treaty of Pessarowitz
event = {
	id = 179144
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			event = 301015 #TUR: Treaty of Karlowitz they lost the cores on Austria and Hungary except Banat
			NOT = { exists = TUR }
			NOT = { core = { province = 353 data = TUR } } #OE has no cores on Hungary for whatever eventchoice
		}
		countrysize = 6 #if smaller Austria should concentrate on taking those cores it not owns
		core = { province = 353 data = -1 } #Pest
		land = 26 #minimum land tech to sweep through the Balkans
		#Austria owns and controls all their provinces neighbouring Banat and Transylvania
		owned = { province = 353 data = -1 } #Pest
		control = { province = 353 data = -1 } #Pest
		owned = { province = 366 data = -1 } #Croatia
		control = { province = 366 data = -1 } #Croatia
		owned = { province = 324 data = -1 } #Maros
		control = { province = 324 data = -1 } #Maros
		owned = { province = 317 data = -1 } #Ruthenia
		control = { province = 317 data = -1 } #Ruthenia
	}
	random = no
	country = HAB
	name = "EVENTNAME179144" #The Treaty of Pessarowitz
	desc = "EVENTHIST179144"
	#-#Having been defeated decisively by a coalition of Austria, Russia, Poland and Venice and lost control over large chunks of the Balkan, the Ottoman Empire was forced to sign a humiliating peace treaty in 1699 in the Serbian city of Karlowitz. All rights to Hungary except the Banat of Temesvar, Croatia and Slavonia were ceded to Austria, Podolia to Poland, Dalmatia and the Peloponnesus to Venice. Russia got Azov in a separate treaty signed in 1700. Except for Greece, none of these losses was ever recovered permanently. The disintegration of the Ottoman Empire had begun. However the power in the Balkans shifted even more in the favour of Austria in the following years when the struggle continued. Historically Austrias great leader Prince Eugene of Savoy won a battle at Peterwardein and with the treaty of Pessarowitz a large part of the Ottoman Balkans became Austrian. Too large a part to hold on to it, for historically most of it was lost again to the Ottomans in another war. Will we be prudent and lay claim only to what Austria historically was able to take and keep - or will we allow Prince Eugene to recklessly drive the Ottomans as far south as he can and risk to lose those areas later?

date = { day = 21 month = july year = 1710}
	offset = 100
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "GOOD"
		command = { type = addcore which = 323 } #Transylvania
		command = { type = addcore which = 354 } #Banat
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 179147 } #HAB: Wartime devastation of Banat
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "WAR"
		command = { type = addcore which = 323 } #Transylvania
		command = { type = addcore which = 354 } #Banat
		command = { type = addcore which = 355 } #Serbia
[COLOR="Red"]		command = { type = addcore which = 322 } #Wallachia[/COLOR]
		command = { type = addcore which = 364 } #Bosnia
		command = { type = relation which = TUR value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = RUS value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = PRU value = -10 }
		command = { type = relation which = MOL value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = WAL value = -100 }
		command = { type = relation which = POL value = -50 }
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -10 }
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
	}
}

Austria should not get a core on Wallachia, as the territory it conquered in the Treaty of Passarowitz (and later was regained by the Ottomans) that is in Wallachia is only a small part of it. It is called Oltenia, or Little Wallachia, and not only does it not compose most of Wallachia, but it also doesn't contain the most important cities in the territory such as Bucharest. Therefore, I think Austria getting cores on the whole province isn't the preferable solution. Hopefully, when we get a new map, that could be solved, if Little Wallachia becomes it's own province.

Last edited:
FYI, proposed removed commands have to be in red and addition/modification in yellow.

Austria will never get a core on Wallachia then, right? Remember option B is ahistorical.

Btw, removing the core on Wallachia in HAB_179076 is useless because the core is never granted before 1682.

FYI, proposed removed commands have to be in red and addition/modification in yellow.

Austria will never get a core on Wallachia then, right? Remember option B is ahistorical.

Btw, removing the core on Wallachia in HAB_179076 is useless because the core is never granted before 1682.

Sorry, fixed now :eek:o

Option B is ahistorical yes, but because Austrian claims to those areas were only temporary, and the cores given are permanent.

By the way, I am not completely sure if the Austrians did have some sort of claim to Bosnia in the era or not - but I suppose it's only there because of it's conquest in the 19th century, and if that is indeed the case, I think the command giving the core to it should be removed.

And you're right about HAB_179076 :p

Firing of event 179078

I've been playing the latest release of AGCEEP to revitalise my ancient and decrepit Austria AAR.

I've played about 25 games to 1500 so far, to try and mimick the results of my original game. ( The save no longer worked.) In all those games the inheritance of Bohemia sequence has never fired.

Are there some hidden triggers I'm not aware of that are throwing off these events?

Thanks DW

I've been playing the latest release of AGCEEP to revitalise my ancient and decrepit Austria AAR.

I've played about 25 games to 1500 so far, to try and mimick the results of my original game. ( The save no longer worked.) In all those games the inheritance of Bohemia sequence has never fired.

Are there some hidden triggers I'm not aware of that are throwing off these events?

Thanks DW

in my games, it happens around 1526

#(1526 or 1541) The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
event = {
id = 3733 #triggered by BOH_3642 B or BOH_19007
random = no
country = HAB
name = "EVENTNAME3733" #The Habsburg Inheritance of Bohemia
desc = "EVENTHIST3733"
#-#In the year 1526 King Lajos II died childless, Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg, also King-elect of Bohemia and thus Elector of the Empire managed to have the Kingship become hereditary in his family.

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME3733A" #Bohemia is now secured for Our Dynasty
command = { type = inherit which = BOH }
command = { type = add_countryculture which = czech }
command = { type = provinceculture which = 314 value = german } #Silesia
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
command = { type = addcore which = 314 } #Silesia
command = { type = addcore which = 315 } #Moravia
command = { type = addcore which = 327 } #Ostmarch
command = { type = addcore which = 328 } #Bohemia
command = { type = addcore which = 329 } #Erz
command = { type = addcore which = 330 } #Sudeten
}
}

Yes, that one fires. What's never happened is the inheritance of the throne by Ladislaus. THe trigger event : The letter of peace seems to be missing.

I also find it annoying that the Hungarian 'Friedrich is crowned king' event does not give Austria a Casus Belli on Hungary. Or that you at least get to hear about it.:(

(Still an awesome mod.)

Thanks DW

Yes, that one fires. What's never happened is the inheritance of the throne by Ladislaus. THe trigger event : The letter of peace seems to be missing.
Did you restart from 1419?
Did one of the "Coronation of Albrecht of Habsburg" event fired? if not, no Letter of Peace. And even if one of them fired, Bohemian AI could have made an ahistorical choice, especially action_c "Casimir of Poland".

I also find it annoying that the Hungarian 'Friedrich is crowned king' event does not give Austria a Casus Belli on Hungary. Or that you at least get to hear about it.:(
We could trigger an event for Austria. Nevertheless, see description of the Hungarian event:
After Mathias had quickly taken measures to assume greater authority, several malcontent nobles led by Laszló Garai offered the Hungarian throne to Emperor Friedrich III. Friedrich accepted and was crowned King of Hungary in Vienna-Neustadt with the crown of St. Stephen - that had been taken to Austria after the death of Albrecht of Austria, Hungary and Bohemia -, however, due to struggles with the estates of Austria and his brother Albrecht and his very cautious character, hesitated to invade Hungary in order to secure his claim. Unwilling to wait, the supporters of Friedrich rose up in revolt in Northern Hungary on their own.
Austria did nothing at all because of the monarch. A player has to deal with monarchs of the played country. ;)
In this case, the event for Austria will be only for information and without any effect. There is no choice for the player because we know Friedrich will not secure his claim. This is indeed his will.

(Still an awesome mod.)
Thanks

Last edited:
should HAB get krain and steinmark when they are created from TYL ?

I just saw a weird game when HAB was annexed by BOH in 1470 , and HAB had 6 provinces.
HAB emerged from TYL without cores on krain and steinmak

Maybe we should have two events for TYR if PRM was inherited before or not (i.e. cores on Krain and Steiermark already granted to HAB or not).

is it easier with the HAB inheritance of TYR to give cores on Krain and Steiermark as well ?

...]
Austria should not get a core on Wallachia, as the territory it conquered in the Treaty of Passarowitz (and later was regained by the Ottomans) that is in Wallachia is only a small part of it. It is called Oltenia, or Little Wallachia, and not only does it not compose most of Wallachia, but it also doesn't contain the most important cities in the territory such as Bucharest. Therefore, I think Austria getting cores on the whole province isn't the preferable solution. Hopefully, when we get a new map, that could be solved, if Little Wallachia becomes it's own province.

The "Treaty of Pessarowitz" event was my idea and I´m a bit late to comment on it.

I see no problem with the event as it is. If the historical option a is chosen then Austria only receives cores on those provinces it historically conquered and kept. B is the ahistorical choice that will only be chosen by the AI in 5% - that is if the AI actually will ever fulfill the triggers conditions.

It gives however a player of Austria the option to repeat the conquest that Austria did historically make - and lost again. Map:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Passarowitz_1718.JPG

You are right the conquered area was only roughly half of Wallachia, the "Kleine (small) Wallachei". But as long as we have the current map that does not have more detailed provinces "Wallachia" is the only province that would fit the conquest.

A better solution would be to keep the event as it is, add a remark behind the core for Wallachia that that needs to be changed to a better fitting province when the new map is completed and add a new event for the "Treaty of Belgrad" which in case that Austria did not conquer those areas then removes the additional cores again - similar to the core-removing events for Persia and the Ottoman Empire that replaced the Kasr-i-Sirin peaceevent.

Last edited:
should HAB get krain and steinmark when they are created from TYL ?

I just saw a weird game when HAB was annexed by BOH in 1470 , and HAB had 6 provinces.
HAB emerged from TYL without cores on krain and steinmak

Won´t event HAB 179090 solve that so that a HAB created from TYR gains cores on these provinces?

Last edited:
Won´t event HAB 179090 solve that so that a HAB created from TYR gains events on these provinces?

That event did fire , then 6 years later BOH annexed HAB ( a 6 province HAB) and a few years later HAB formed via TYL , with only tyrol and baden as its areas.

so, the event you mentioned did fire, but not for HAB who formed later via TYL.

I am just thinking on when should HAB get these cores as historically ( you would know) PRM and TYL where not really absorbed into HAB until centuries later.

I prefer that we have events that release TYL and PRM if HAB does not exist with maybe a start date of around 1496 or when maximillian became emperor

That event did fire , then 6 years later BOH annexed HAB ( a 6 province HAB) and a few years later HAB formed via TYL , with only tyrol and baden as its areas.

so, the event you mentioned did fire, but not for HAB who formed later via TYL.

I am just thinking on when should HAB get these cores as historically ( you would know) PRM and TYL where not really absorbed into HAB until centuries later.

I prefer that we have events that release TYL and PRM if HAB does not exist with maybe a start date of around 1496 or when maximillian became emperor

How did it happen that the first HAB in your game had event 179090 and not get the cores on Styria with 179002 which would be the normal way? Was Styria already gone before HAB 1 could inherit them and get the cores with 179002?