• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Truchses said:
Why not? Why not there where it is complicated? As I have wrote as an example malay and indonesian are there as different cultures, so I found no point in which they are different, beside different colonial overlords. Iberian has been split, thus making it obviously complicated. Some people want even german to be split.

Are you sure that they are closely related? I think they may more likely be of different origin. The same language they could have got by one taking over from the other. And same language is not enough. See the split of iberian and german. And consider how they hate each other. Rather you might merge french and german.

yup they are closely related, as in it IS the same language; spoken that it is. However, one group uses the Latin alphabet and the other the Cyrillic. Where it breaks down even further is both Serbs and Croats have different customs and religions, as I recall Croats (who use the Latin alphabet), are Catholics and the Serbs are Orthodox.

Bosnians? Well...those of Serb ethnicity are Serb, those of Croat are Croat, and some of the Muslims are of either or other.

Splitting the Iberians into three groups makes sense, since there are substantial differences between Catalans, Castillians, and Galicians not only linguisticly but in customs.

Germany does not break down that way as neatly. Yes there are some dialectic differences but there are not enough differences between Northern and Southern Germans to warrant the tax hit.

But I have never seen a decent definition of what a "culture" is in the game or the discussions on the board to make any discussion really meaningful.

Norrefeldt said:
Correct. We can set states as targets, and some say we can also set areas (IIRC I haven't seen any hard eveidence that the area will direct the AI's DOW towards certain geographical areas.)

that is the problem with any game: AI.

An AI really does not care about human concerns like upsetting people. So you are going to have a lot of one province minors get smoked by the AI that would have been allowed to live by humans for political reasons.

It is just something that we are going to have to accept, and move on.

It is however a darn good reason for more scenarios covering specific spans of time.

#The Habsburg Inheritance of Milano#
event = {

id = 3181 #Triggered by MLO3706#
random = no
country = HAB
name = "EVENTNAME3181"
desc = "EVENTHIST3181"
style = 2

action_a ={ #Rule as separate country#
name = "ACTIONNAME3181A"
command = { type = vassal which = MLO }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
command = { type = stability value = 1 }
}

action_b ={ #Rule as part of Austria#
name = "ACTIONNAME3181B"
command = { type = inherit which = MLO }
command = { type = addcore which = 389 }
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 389 value = 6 }
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -180 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
}

#HAB event if FRA doesn't exist-starts at historic date of League of Cambrai same as original
#Paradox event but sleeps Venetian Danger event

The above event is completly fantasy and needs to be replaced/amended.

Firstly it was Spain who got Milan and not Austria and secondly if this B action does occur , we should free all Milanese held territory at that point in time.

I would see something like this:
#The Habsburg Inheritance of Milano#
event = {

id = 3181 #Triggered by MLO3706#
random = no
country = SPA
name = "EVENTNAME3181"
desc = "EVENTHIST3181"
style = 2

name = "ACTIONNAME3181A"
}

action_b ={ #Rule as part of Austria#
name = "ACTIONNAME3181B"
command = { type = independence which = GEN }
command = { type = independence which = PAR }
command = { type = independence which = TOS }
command = { type = independence which = MOD }
command = { type = independence which = PAP } etc etc etc

}
}

I do not know if the independence command will work.

Can someone direct me to the correspondence of the event below. And also is there historical reference to this.

Decline of Venice COT
event = {
ID = 179022
trigger = { OR = { event = 3749
event = 179016 }
OR = { vassal = { country = HAB country = VEN }
control = { province = 370 data = HAB }
owned = { province = 370 data = HAB } }
}
random = no
province = 370
name = "Closure of Venice Centre of Trade"
desc = "Venice had been steadily losing its place as a center of commerce since the fall of Constantinople in 1453. Ad acces to the rest of the world's resources filtered in to Europe thru other means Venice lost it's grip on trade in the East. Eventually Venice's power declined to the point that Austria controlled it. The trading empire was no more and commerce shifted towards Prague and the new center of power that lay within the Habsburg lands of Germany"
style = 2
date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1557 }

action_a = { #Venice becomes a vacation spot#
name = "Venice has lost its importance"
command = { type = removecot which = 370 }
}
}

In this event, should'nt Austria also take Krain if its still under Styria control ?

#Inheritance of Styria
event = {
id = 179002
random = no
country = HAB
name = "Austria inherits Styria"
desc = "In december 1463 Duke Albert of Styria died childlessly. Despite their former conflicts he let his brother, emperor Friedrich V., who was thus able to unite Styria and Krain with Austria, inherit all his possessions."
style = 1

action_a = {
name = "Great"
command = { type = inherit which = PRM }
command = { type = addcore which = 369 }
}
}

Garbon said:
You'd need Spain to decide then trigger an event for Milan to have all those independence commands / maybe a few cede ones and then thave that trigger an inheritance event.

Yes on Spain to decide.

The rest need to be combined as , when will Milan be inherit by Spain? Is it a fixed date.?

Toio said:
Yes on Spain to decide.

The rest need to be combined as , when will Milan be inherit by Spain? Is it a fixed date.?

Shouldn't it be when Charles V abdicates in 1556? There should be an event about it... but no spanish/austrian core upon Milan until 1700 during War of Spanish Succession!

Need some help on the following events I will introduce to replace the existing ones.Main concern is how to stop an automatic war happening once you give the nation independence.

here are the events
Code:
#The Spanish Inheritance of Milano#
event = {
id = 3706 
trigger = {
exists = FRA
exists = MLO
}
random = no
country = SPA
name = "Vassalation of Milan"
desc = "The battle of Pavia 1525 decided the fate of Milan; French King
Francis I was taken prisoner, and, in the treaty of Madrid 1526, gave up
the French claim on Milan."
style = 2

date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1525 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { year = 1535 }

name = "New Vassals"
command = { type = independence which = GEN } #Genoa
command = { type = independence which = PAR } #Modena
command = { type = independence which = NAP } #Naples
command = { type = independence which = SIC } #Sicily
command = { type = independence which = PAM } #Parma
command = { type = independence which = MAN } #Mantua
command = { type = independence which = TOS } #Tuscany
command = { type = independence which = PIS } #Siena
command = { type = independence which = PAP } #Papal
}
}

Code:
#The Spanish Inheritance of Milano#
event = {
id = 3181 
trigger = {
exists = MLO
event = 3706
}
random = no
country = SPA
name = "inheritance of Milan"
desc = "In 1535 Francesco II Sforza died and the year marks the
beginning of Spanish rule over Milan. Not until 1541 did Emperor Charles
V visit Milan and formally assume the title of Duke of Milan. In Worms
he passed ordonnances for Milan, followed in 1545 by the new
constitutions, a law code which intended to establish a set of laws
generally applicable to Lombardy outside of the capital city of Milan.
The Emperor, and since 1556 his successors, the Kings of Spain, were
represented by Spanish governors."
style = 2

date = { year = 1536 }
offset = 100
deathdate = { year = 1712 }

action_a ={ #Rule as part of Spain#
name = "Inheritance"
}
}
Also plz, check if I have left anything out.

Hard to to Track , Charles, he is Charles V for some nations and Charles I in others.

Last edited:
Toio, use "code" tags to paste a structured code into thread.

YodaMaster said:
I think there are missing "{" and "}" around trigger command as in :
Code:
trigger = { <stuff here> }

fixed.

My syntax validator says PAM is invalid, if so what is the correct symbol for Parma and if not have you an up to date syntax validator

binTravkin said:
Toio, use "code" tags to paste a structured code into thread.

do you mean "eventname????" , i

Toio said:
do you mean "eventname????" , i

No, he means the tags {code} {/code} except with square brackets instead. That way, when events are copied and pasted off the board into an event file, they maintain a nice structure.

Like this:

Code:
# The Rescue of Janus (Egypt version) This event is a fusion of the Cyprus and Egypt events on the 1426 expedition. #
event = {
	id = 24034
	random = no
	country = MAM
	trigger = { event = 154003 } # CYP The rescue of Janus
	name = "The submission of Cyprus"
	desc = "Bersbey of the Mammeluks sent an army to Cyprus to punish their piracy and also to enforce the monopoly on spice trade over Venetians and Genoese. After crushing the Cypriot army at the battle of Khirokitia, they returned with thousands of slaves, bounty, and a royal prisoner, King Janus of Cyprus. He was forced to recognize the Bey as his suzerain and pay a huge ransom of 200,000 ducats before he was released. This success also allowed Barsbay to gain an upper hand (albeit temporarily) in his dealings with Venetian traders."
	style = 1

action_a = { 
		name = "That ought to teach him"
		command = { type = vassal which = CYP }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = stability  value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = CYP value = 50 } # They were good vassals from then on.
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -50 }
	}
}

Garbon said:
No, he means the tags {code} {/code} except with square brackets instead. That way, when events are copied and pasted off the board into an event file, they maintain a nice structure.

Like this:

Code:
# The Rescue of Janus (Egypt version) This event is a fusion of the Cyprus and Egypt events on the 1426 expedition. #
event = {
	id = 24034
	random = no
	country = MAM
	trigger = { event = 154003 } # CYP The rescue of Janus
	name = "The submission of Cyprus"
	desc = "Bersbey of the Mammeluks sent an army to Cyprus to punish their piracy and also to enforce the monopoly on spice trade over Venetians and Genoese. After crushing the Cypriot army at the battle of Khirokitia, they returned with thousands of slaves, bounty, and a royal prisoner, King Janus of Cyprus. He was forced to recognize the Bey as his suzerain and pay a huge ransom of 200,000 ducats before he was released. This success also allowed Barsbay to gain an upper hand (albeit temporarily) in his dealings with Venetian traders."
	style = 1

action_a = { 
		name = "That ought to teach him"
		command = { type = vassal which = CYP }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = stability  value = 1 }
		command = { type = relation which = CYP value = 50 } # They were good vassals from then on.
		command = { type = relation which = VEN value = -50 }
	}
}

See above to my original if this is what you want, only trying to comply with the norm.

Well, since I got told off for posting this in the bug forum, I thought I'd re-post it here.
Playing a GC as Austria, I noticed a couple of bugs. I randomly got some sort of ahistorical inheritance of Bohemia in about 1462, but the event never gave me a core on Ostmarche.
I looked at the event file, and an add core command for province #327 seems to be missing from the following austrian events:

3773, choice A
179106, choice B
179107, choice A
179108, choice A.

Also, the event in which Sigismund of Tyrol gives Alsace and Baden to Austria does not give cores on the provinces to Austria. All other Austrian events in the unification of Austria event chain give cores even when the cores already exist. Austria starts with a core on Baden, but not on Alsace. I suggest that in event 179009, cores are added for provinces 373 and 374.

Also, I was slightly confused by the Hungarian event chain. I gained cores on all of Hungary in an event, then lost them again not long after. This is all ok, but I lost a core on Krain which i started with. Since I don't get given the province when I inherit Styria, should Austria start with the core?

EDIT: Also, the Habsburg inheritance of Milano. I chose the choice to inherit, but also inherited Milan's other two provinces, which they have cores on. I suggest possibly modifying the Milan event to give independance to Parma and Mantua before being inherited/vassalized. They are supposed to get destroyed are they not? By one of Spain, Austria or France. Can't really happen with a 3-province nation!

The bohemia bit seems to be settled, and looking up in the thread, the Milano part also seems to be settled.

I am currently playing my second game in AGCEEP 1.35 and I think that the mod really weakened AI Austria. In both games, they never have Emperors(it usually Palatinate or Cologne, with a few changes to Mainz and Hesse). I played Austria in vanilla and early AGCEEP and it was really the easiest country for me. With 1.35, I played Denmark so I was far from being able to influence Austria, but they were still far too weak. Tyrol was diplo-annexed by Venice which conquered almost the whole Italy and became ultra-strong. Styria was still independent, and Romanist Bohemia failed to revert to Bohemia(not Coronation in Prague event) and became very powerful with victories against Brandenburg and Poland. Hungary somehow turned into Transylvania(with Hungarian rulers) and most of its important territories were conquered by the Ottomans. The only thing that went well for Austria was the inheritance of Burgundy, but it still left them with only several provinces against powerful neighbours such as Ottomans, Venice, Romanist Bohemia and France.

In my new game I am playing Poland and Austria is even weaker because I can influence them much more with Poland. First I conquered the northern 2/3 of Hungary when Wladislaw II inherited the crown of Bohemia and the Hungarians declared war against Bohemia. Hungary lost some provinces to Venice and Wellachia so there were only 2 left when I inherited their crown as well. Then I diplo-annexed them both (Bohemia and Hungary). Tyrol is still independent and just acquired the province of Bern, and Styria was diplo-annexed by Venice, now half lost to Ottomans. (The Ottomans are way too strong but I saw that there is another thread about this issue).
Austria is now in my alliance and I think I will be able to vassalize them in the future unless they do something unhistorical and convert to Protestantism or Reformed.

I have also noted some strange things about other German countries. Brandenburg is the greatest warmonger. When I played Denmark, they constantly declared wars against me but my alliance with Romanist Bohemia kept them in check. Now, with Poland, they are my alliance, and they constantly declare wars on German minors and Denmark so I don't even dare to form royal marriages with those countries. Brandenburg expanded all the way west to hold Hannover, Bremen and Holstein, and they also hold Jutland as their latest acquisition.

Prussia seems to have very bad chances of survival. In my first game, Teutonic Order had only the province of Prussia left and they turned into country of Prussia but they were easy for me to force-annex. In my new game I force-annexed Teutonic Order and had to give them independence or loose relations with Brandenburg and the Pope, but it greatly improved my relations with them so it was no problem to diplo-annex them later. Maybe Prussia should work similar to Netherlands? I remember from my first game that I simply lost Friesland and Geldreland to this new power and that they very quickly became much more powerful than me. Or maybe this does happen with Prussia but later in the game?

Lord Grave said:
Maybe Prussia should work similar to Netherlands? I remember from my first game that I simply lost Friesland and Geldreland to this new power and that they very quickly became much more powerful than me. Or maybe this does happen with Prussia but later in the game?

I disagree as the birth of Prussia was not a result of a popular revolt, but the decision of the Grand Master and Poland was *much* more tolerant of its religious minorities than Ultracatholic Spain. I think there is a case where Poland interveened to protect the merchants of Danzig and the people of Western Prussia who revolted against the Order, and consequently they became 'Royal Prussia,' an autonomous entity within the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, separate from the lands of the Order.

Cheers!!

Laur