• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1648_GlobalData.inc

YodaMaster said:
Great work but we "need" only events that have influence on the scenario as condition in triggers or because they should be slept.
All right. Then, there is no event which we should newly mark as happend. (For now, NIP_3880 is only trigger event which we need to mark, but it was already marked.)
However if you want to make it better, we can add the comment as below:
Code:
history = {
	3880 [color=yellow]#NIP: Policy of Sakoku implemented[/color]
	[color=lime]6916 #NIP: Red seal ships trade[/color]
	6924 [color=lime]#NIP: Ikko-ikki[/color]
	}

In regard to slept events, we need to add some texts as follows:
Code:
sleepevent = {
	[color=lime]...
	3880 #NIP: Policy of Sakoku implemented[/color]
	[color=yellow]6916 #NIP: Red seal ships trade[/color]
	6924 [color=yellow]#NIP: Ikko-ikki[/color]
	[color=red]242055 #NIP: Japan turns toward the open-door policy[/color]
	}

EDIT: Fixed the code according to #762.

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Just for your information, slept events must appear in history and sleepevent sections.
Thank you for your information and I didn't know it. I'm steel have a long way to go :eek:o
Then, as you know, we can remove NIP_242055 from 'sleepevent' section and should add 6916 and 6924 into 'history' section. Also we need to add 3880 into 'sleepevent' section, too.
I fixed only the code in my previous post #761 just in case. Is it OK?

As a result of testplaying, I want to suggest adding two events for Japan's final reunification sequence in the 1580-1600s.

References:
- 242087: Siege of Odawara
- 242088: Tokugawa shogunate
Code:
#(1590-1594) Siege of Odawara
event = {
	id = 242087
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 685 data = -1 } #Kanto (Sagami)
		OR = {
			control = { province = 685 data = -1 }
			control = { province = 685 data = REB }
		}
		NOT = {
			event = 3881 #NIP: Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = NIP
	name = "EVENTNAME242087" #Siege of Odawara
	desc = "EVENTHIST242087"
	#-#

date = { day = 26 month = march year = 1590 }
	offset = 30
	deathdate = { day = 25 month = march year = 1594 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME242087A" #Side with Toyotomi
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = INF which = 684 value = 5000 } #Tohoku (Mutsu and Dewa)
		command = { type = revolt which = 685 } #Kanto (Sagami)
		command = { type = revolt which = 685 }
		command = { type = revolt which = 685 }
	}
}
EVENTNAME242087;Siege of Odawara;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST242087;Since becoming Oda's virtual successor in 1582, Toyotomi Hideyoshi had steadily gotten rid of remaining rivals. In the spring of 1590, he decided to eliminate the Hojo clan, which ruled over whole Kanto and was the final roadblock to unifying Japan, after the matter couldn't be resolved peacefully. Because of Toyotomi's overwhelming force, Hojo clan entrenched in Odawara Castle, the most impregnable fortress in Japan at that time. However, Toyotomi was able to prepare more than enough troops and supplies while Hojo failed to gain any reinforcement from outside, Hojo thereby had no choice but to surrender on 5 July 1590.\n \n Also, Toyotomi seized the opportunity to subject all daimyos in Tohoku including powerful Date clan. Prior to the battle, Toyotomi required support of them and to accept it essentially meant obedience. They could have ignored it under false pretenses or allied with Hojo to resist Toyotomi, but eventually they all decided to accept humiliating submission. As a result, Toyotomi accomplished reunification of Japan.;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME242087A;Side with Toyotomi;;;;;;;;;;

Code:
#(1603-1614) Establishment of the Tokugawa Shogunate
event = {
	id = 242088
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 685 data = -1 } #Kanto (Sagami)
	}
	random = no
	country = NIP
	name = "EVENTNAME242088" #Establishment of the Tokugawa Shogunate
	desc = "EVENTHIST242088"
	#-#

date = { day = 23 month = march year = 1603 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 17 month = november year = 1614 }

action_a = {
		name = "AT_LAST"
		command = { type = capital which = 685 } #Kanto (Sagami)
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = -2 }
	}
}
EVENTNAME242088;Establishment of the Tokugawa Shogunate;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST242088;Since the last years of the Toyotomi Hideyoshi's reign, Tokugawa Ieyasu had been increasingly dominating the government as the most prominent person of 'Gotairou' or Council of Five Elders. Eventually he eliminated all opponents and the Emperor appointed him to the shogun, following which he officially established his feudal government, the Tokugawa Shogunate in Edo. To promise a stable regime to his descendants, Ieyasu attempted to construct a more centralized system than the Muromachi Shogunate, in which local daimyos were kept exhausting with forcing public works, alternate-year residence in Edo and so on.;;;;;;;;;;

Also, we need to amend other settings as follows:
- Remove the capital relocation command of NIP_242062 'Siege of Osaka' instead of NIP_2420088.
- Change NIP's initial DP setting of the 1648 scenario: Aristocracy: 4 --> 5; Centralization: 4 --> 6; Offensive: 7 --> 5.
- Not need to change NIP's event history of the 1648 scenario.

And now, I want to ensure firing NIP_6922 'Oda has taken Capital' by amending its trigger as follows because it triggers many subsequent events.
Code:
	trigger = {
		[color=yellow]event = 242028 #NIP: Ashikaga Yoshitane is driven from the throne[/color]
		[color=red]owned = { province = 686 data = -1 } #Kansai (Yamashiro)[/color]
	}

In this case, there is no need to check ownership and control of Kanto (685) in NIP_242062 since all commands are for 686.

waishi said:
I fixed only the code in my previous post #761 just in case. Is it OK?
It seems to be.

I don't like the fact that NIP_3881 will happen only if KOR exists. KOR is almost always diplo-annexed by China or Manchu by the time of that event. Toyotomi Hideyoshi invaded Korea because it was the best outpost for further conquests on the mainland, not simply because it was a tributary Korean state and not fully a part of China. He most likely opened negotiations with China and Korea knowing that he would be refused and thus gain a "casus belli". It is logical that he would have invaded the Korean Peninsula even if it was a province of China or held by Manchu or anyone else.

In my humble opinion, this is the event that starts the most important chain of events for Japan. Japan historically lost the war and in game it has very little chance of succeeding. Ahistorical success, however, allows more semi-historical cores for Japan (Luzon and Taiwan), and allows the player to advance to Muslim techgroup and the AI to at least avoid being relegated to Exotic techgroup.

Here's my proposal:

Code:
#(1592) Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea
event = {
	id = 3881
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Red]exists = KOR[/COLOR]
		NOT = {
			vassal = { country = KOR country = NIP }
		}
		[COLOR=Yellow]owned = { province = 683 data = -1 } #Ezochi
		owned = { province = 684 data = -1 } #Tohoku
		owned = { province = 685 data = -1 } #Kanto
		owned = { province = 686 data = -1 } #Kansai
		owned = { province = 687 data = -1 } #Shikoku
		owned = { province = 688 data = -1 } #Kyushu
		control = { province = 683 data = -1 }
		control = { province = 684 data = -1 }
		control = { province = 686 data = -1 }
		control = { province = 687 data = -1 }
		control = { province = 688 data = -1 }[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = NIP
	name = "EVENTNAME3881" #Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea
	desc = "EVENTHIST3881"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1592 }
	offset = 360
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1592 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881A" #Invade Korea
		command = { type = addcore which = 641 } #Kyongju
		command = { type = addcore which = 642 } #Yalu
		command = { type = relation which = KOR value = -200 }
		command = { type = war which = KOR }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = CHI value = 72 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 204019 } #KOR: Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881B" #Provoke Korea
		command = { type = casusbelli which = KOR value = 120 }
		command = { type = relation which = KOR value = -100 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = CHI value = 36 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 242042 } #NIP: Restoring relations with Korea
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881C" #Abandon the Plans
		command = { type = relation which = KOR value = 50 }
		[COLOR=Yellow]command = { type = relation which = CHI value = 50 }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 242042 } #NIP: Restoring relations with Korea
	}
}
#-#Having eliminated the last resistance to his rule in Japan, Toyotomi Hideyoshi then turned his attention to conquering Korea, which he planned to use as a springboard for invading China. The Japanese mounted two invasions in 1592 and 1597, but both failed, largely as a result of the efforts of the Korean Admiral Yi. However, the war did result in the deaths of many Japanese samurai and Daimyo who might otherwise have troubled the new regime.

Code:
#(1607-1627) Restoring relations with Korea
#by waishi
event = {
	id = 242042
	trigger = {
		[COLOR=Yellow]OR = {
			exists = KOR
			exists = CHI
		}[/COLOR]
		event = 3881 #NIP: Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea
		[COLOR=Yellow]atwar = no[/COLOR]
		NOT = {
			OR = {
				vassal = { country = NIP country = KOR }
				AND = {
					owned = { province = 641 data = -1 } #Kyongju
					owned = { province = 642 data = -1 } #Yalu
				}
			}
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = NIP
	name = "EVENTNAME242042" #Restoring relations with Korea
	desc = "EVENTHIST242042"

date = { day = 28 month = june year = 1607 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1627 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME242042A" #Sign the pact
		command = { type = removecore which = 641 } #Kyongju
		command = { type = removecore which = 642 } #Yalu
		command = { type = relation which = KOR value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = CHI value = 50 }
		command = { type = trade value = 300 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME242042B" #We will never give up!
		command = { type = relation which = CHI value = -50 }
		command = { type = trade value = -300 }
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 3 }
	}
}
#-#After Japanese invasions of Korea, it had been stalemate in their relations for a while. However, the new shogunate of Japan had been very interested in foreign trade while Korea had been threatened by expanding Manchus of the north. In addition, the daimyo of Tsushima islands which located in the middle of the strait had been very eager to resume their profitable intermediate trade. Thus, their interests ran together and they began to seek to restore relations with each other. Historically, Korea sent an envoy to Japan to restore their relations officially in 1607. They would become to exchange emissaries on suitable occasions following two centuries as they used to do during the Muromachi period. A Japanese trading post was also built at Pusan which became to be prospered as one of the few ports that Japanese merchants could carry on overseas trade: They primarily traded Japanese silver, gold, and sulfur and imports from South-east Asia for Chinese high quality silk and cloths at there.

I'm also not sure whether NIP_242045 with war command is needed. Japan has enough time between NIP_3881 and NIP_242042 to prepare for the war and declare it. If NIP AI doesn't declare the war in most of cases then it should be remedied through AI file, not by war command. I sometimes discover Japan with a European power and find that it lost some province(s) to China and/or Manchu. Only now I realize that this is probably due to NIP_242045 firing when NIP is not ready and the invasion of Korea turning into a Chinese counter-attack.

Last edited:
I bassically agree with Lord Grave and his suggestions. However, it's a difficult question:
I'm also not sure whether NIP_242045 with war command is needed. Japan has enough time between NIP_3881 and NIP_242042 to prepare for the war and declare it. If NIP AI doesn't declare the war in most of cases then it should be remedied through AI file, not by war command. I sometimes discover Japan with a European power and find that it lost some province(s) to China and/or Manchu. Only now I realize that this is probably due to NIP_242045 firing when NIP is not ready and the invasion of Korea turning into a Chinese counter-attack.
We need some time to think about it...

I've just edited the trigger of NIP_3881. Since Toyotomi Hideyoshi started his invasion of Korea when he eliminated all opposition at home, the event should fire only if NIP owns and controls all 6 Japanese provinces. Events cores on Luzon and Taiwan already have a trigger like this.

#769 seems reasonable :)

Besides, to prevent unwanted war problem, I'd like to suggest removing the war command from NIP_3881 (we should remove NIP_242045 and KOR_204019 if this suggestion is adopted) as follows:
Code:
#(1592) Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea
event = {
	id = 3881
	action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881A" #Invade Korea
		command = { type = addcore which = 641 } #Kyongju
		command = { type = addcore which = 642 } #Yalu
		command = { type = relation which = KOR value = -200 }
		[color=red]command = { type = war which = KOR }[/color]
		command = { type = casusbelli which = CHI value = 72 }
		[color=red]command = { type = trigger which = 204019 } #KOR: Toyotomi Hideyoshi Plans to Invade Korea[/color]
	}
	[color=red]action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881B" #Provoke Korea
		command = { type = casusbelli which = KOR value = 120 }
		command = { type = casusbelli which = CHI value = 36 }
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881C" #Abandon the Plans[/color]
	[color=yellow]action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3881B" #Abandon the Plans[/color]
		command = { type = relation which = KOR value = 50 }
		[color=yellow]command = { type = relation which = CHI value = 50 }[/color]
	}
}
Any thoughts?

Inconsistency in name for monarch 040530 and leader 040805 for Dai Viet.

Isn't full name "Quang Trung Nguyên Huê", and thus reduced to "Quang Trung" in both cases?

See here for other proposal.

I think Nguyên Huê is his actual name. Quang Trung is just the imperial one. Naming Nguyên Huê as Quang Trung would be like naming the Mughal Aurangzeb as Alamgir I. I propose renaming him Nguyên Huê and simply putting "aka Quang Trung" in the remark section, just like has been done with Aurangzeb and Alamgir I.

Anyhow, this description from event 157007 for Dai Viet "A New Emperor" supports a higher ADM rating:

#-#In 1788 the reigning Le emperor fled north to seek Chinese assistance in defeating the Tay Son. Eager to comply, a Chinese army of the Qing dynasty (1644-1911) invaded Vietnam, seized Thang Long, and invested the Le ruler as King of Annam. To save the nation, the second eldest Tay Son brother, Nguyen Hue, proclaimed himself Emperor Quang Trung in Phu Xuan and overran the Chinese troops in a whirlwind campaign. Marching north with 100,000 men and 100 elephants, Quang Trung attacked Thang Long at night and routed the Chinese army of 200,000, which retreated in disarray. Immediately following his victory, the Tay Son leader sought to reestablish friendly relations with China, requesting recognition of his rule and sending the usual tributary mission. Quang Trung stimulated Vietnam's war-ravaged economy by encouraging trade and crafts, ordering the recultivation of fallow lands, reducing or abolishing taxes on local products, and resettling landless peasants on communal lands in their own villages. Quang Trung also established a new capital at Phu Xuan (near modern Hue), a more central location from which to administer the country. He reorganized the government along military lines, giving key posts to generals, with the result that military officials for the first time outranked civilian officials. Vietnamese was substituted for Chinese as the official national language, and candidates for the bureaucracy were required to submit prose and verse compositions in chu nom rather than in classical Chinese.

If Nguyên Huê will be his name in-game, this event will need to be revised too...