• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess that I did not put the royal marriages because all along, a Cyprus AI is a vassal of Egypt and EU2 engine does not allow vassal royal marriages. You can force them to take place, but I did not want to second guess the engine as there might be problems that I am not aware.

Anyone know where these three random events come from? Thet only happen to Cyprus, and AFAIK they are not historical. In option B Cyprus declare war, along with their happless alliance, on one of their very strong neighbours. Or is there something I missed? I'm surprised Fodoron didn't comment on those.

Code:
# Crusading wars I (Ottoman Empire) #
event = {
	id = 154025
	random = yes
	trigger = { 
	atwar = no 
	religion = catholic 
	exists = TUR  
	}
	country = CYP
	name = "Holy Crusade!"
	desc = "My lord, the Great Master of the Order of the Knights Hospitalliers of St. John is sending ambassade telling us that it is our duty as soldiers of Christ to declare war to the perfid Turk and end their attacks on the princes of Christendom. If we do so, the elite Hospitallier troops will join our army, and they will also sent gallies for their transport. They will also help finance the expedition."
	style = 1

action_a ={ 
		name = "We are too weak for such noble enterprise"
		command = { type = relation which = KNI value = -10 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 } 
	}
	action_b ={ 
		name = "For Christ and the Holy Cross, death to the infidel"
		command = { type = stability value = -1 } 
		command = { type = relation which = KNI value = 100 }
		command = { type = relation which = PAP value = 50 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 12 value = 3 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 4000 } 
		command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 4000 } 
		command = { type = galleys which = -2 value = 10 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 1 } 
		command = { type = domestic which = quality value = 1 } 
		command = { type = war which = TUR } 
	}
}

# Crusading wars II (Ottoman Empire) #
event = {
	id = 154026
	random = yes
	trigger = { 
	atwar = no 
	religion = catholic 
	exists = TUR  
	}
	country = CYP
	name = "Holy Crusade!"
	desc = "My lord, the Great Master of the Order of the Knights Hospitalliers of St. John is sending ambassade telling us that it is our duty as soldiers of Christ to declare war to the perfid Turk and end their attacks on the princes of Christendom. If we do so, the elite Hospitallier troops will join our army, and they will also sent gallies for their transport. They will also help finance the expedition."
	style = 1

action_a ={ 
	}
	action_b ={ 
		command = { type = war which = TUR } 
	}
}

# Crusading wars III (Mammeluks) #
event = {
	id = 154027
	random = yes
	trigger = { 
	atwar = no 
	religion = catholic 
	exists = MAM  
	}
	country = CYP
	name = "Holy Crusade!"
	desc = "My lord, the Great Master of the Order of the Knights Hospitalliers of St. John is sending ambassade telling us that it is our duty as soldiers of Christ to declare war to the perfid Mamluks and end their attacks on the princes of Christendom. If we do so, the elite Hospitallier troops will join our army, and they will also sent gallies for their transport. They will also help finance the expedition."
	style = 1

action_a ={ 
	}
	action_b ={ 
		command = { type = war which = MAM } 
	}
}

# Crusading wars IV (Mamluks) #
event = {
	id = 154028
	random = yes
	trigger = { 
	atwar = no 
	religion = catholic 
	exists = MAM  
	}
	country = CYP
	name = "Holy Crusade!"
	desc = "My lord, the Great Master of the Order of the Knights Hospitalliers of St. John is sending ambassade telling us that it is our duty as soldiers of Christ to declare war to the perfid Mamluks and end their attacks on the princes of Christendom. If we do so, the elite Hospitallier troops will join our army, and they will also sent gallies for their transport. They will also help finance the expedition."
	style = 1

action_a ={ 
	}
	action_b ={ 
		command = { type = war which = MAM } 
	}
}

Norrefeldt said:
Anyone know where these three random events come from? Thet only happen to Cyprus, and AFAIK they are not historical. In option B Cyprus declare war, along with their happless alliance, on one of their very strong neighbours. Or is there something I missed? I'm surprised Fodoron didn't comment on those.

:eek:o Ho-Humm I am afraid they are mine. They were proposed in post #14 of this thread. Perhaps they are not the wisest of the random events.

I believed that random events only needed vague historic basis, like conversion of heretics, or conquistador, that can take place in the most ahistoric way. I put them in duplicate to increase the chance of a player ever seeing them. Since their probability of taking place is quite low, and the option_a is harmless I did not think it was a big deal. A human player can find a use for option_b, and the historic justification was that Cyprus was certainly a crusading state (Acquisition of Armenia Minor by Pedro I Lusignan IIRC) in its good days. They had strong ties with the knights of Rhodes, and bugged the Muslims with their piracy.

If you think they are harmful we could add size=2 to the triggers.

Have you actually seeing them happening? I have never seeing them taking place in any of my games.

Fodoron said:
I believed that random events only needed vague historic basis, like conversion of heretics, or conquistador, that can take place in the most ahistoric way. I put them in duplicate to increase the chance of a player ever seeing them. Since their probability of taking place is quite low, and the option_a is harmless I did not think it was a big deal. A human player can find a use for option_b, and the historic justification was that Cyprus was certainly a crusading state (Acquisition of Armenia Minor by Pedro I Lusignan IIRC) in its good days. They had strong ties with the knights of Rhodes, and bugged the Muslims with their piracy.

If you think they are harmful we could add size=2 to the triggers.

Have you actually seeing them happening? I have never seeing them taking place in any of my games.
Vague historical basis is needed, and it's impossible to decide where to draw the line. I think conqusitadors are more historical than large conversions, and a one province Cyprus attacking perhaps as historical as conversions. The crusading from Cyprus relied on help from Christian Europe, and there wasn't much interest in fighting on this front after 1419. The potential effect for this event is worse than the effects of conversions though, since it will affect their alliance. Perhaps if they are allies of the Papacy or Rhodes it might feel more natural? Since it's option B as yoiu say they can be left as they are. The war commands alerted me. ;)

Adding a size = 2 trigger will esentially make it human only, reducing the possibilities of a Cyprus AI declaring war to OE to the range of a large asteroid hitting the Earth. I will post that in the bug thread.

I'm afraid that CYP_154021 can't happen if Cyprus continues to be at war during the period and then all of CYP_154022, 154023, and 154024 will happen despite only one of them should be triggered. In that case Cyprus will be able to get all cultures and cores of each pathway.
To avoid that we need to rework the event. One such example is just as below, though there may be much better way. Please tell me if you have a good idea:

Code:
#(1490-1500) The Great choice
event = {
	id = 154021
[color=red]	trigger = { atwar = no }[/color]
[color=yellow]	trigger = {
		OR = {
			atwar = no
			year = 1499
		}
	}[/color]
	random = no
	country = CYP
	name = "EVENTNAME154021" #The future of Cyprus rests on our hands
	desc = "EVENTHIST154021"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1490 }
	offset = 60
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = february year = 1500 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154021A" #Make Herion Lusignan our new King
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		#Lusignan branch
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039008 } #Herion Lusignan °
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039009 } #Philippe Lusignan *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039010 } #Phoebus Lusignan *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039011 } #Jason Lusignan *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039012 } #Pierre-Antoine Lusignan *
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 154022 } #Naples pathway #CYP: Our King claims the crown of Naples
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 154023 } #Burgundy pathway #CYP: Our King claims the Duchy of Burgundy
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 154024 } #Byzantium pathway #CYP: Our King claims the title of Basileos Romaion
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154021B" #Reinstate Caterina Cornaro and Alonso d'Aragona as our monarchs
		#Caterina Naples branch
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039013 } #Caterina & Alonso °
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039014 } #Fernando d'Aragona *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039015 } #Alfonso d'Aragona *
		command = { type = relation which = NAP value = 200 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 154023 } #Burgundy pathway #CYP: Our King claims the Duchy of Burgundy
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 154024 } #Byzantium pathway #CYP: Our King claims the title of Basileos Romaion
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154021C" #Make Antoine de Bourgogne our new King
		#Burgundy branch
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039016 } #Antoine de Bourgogne °
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039017 } #Philippe de Bourgogne *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039018 } #Adolphe de Bourgogne *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039019 } #Maximilien de Bourgogne *
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 154022 } #Naples pathway #CYP: Our King claims the crown of Naples
		command = { type = wakeleader which = 039301 } #A. de Bourgogne (CYP)
	}
	action_d = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154021D" #Make Boniface Palaeologus our new King
		command = { type = stability value = 2 }
		command = { type = relation which = BYZ value = 200 }
		#Byzantium branch
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039020 } #Boniface III °
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039021 } #Guillaume IX *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039022 } #Boniface IV *
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 039023 } #Jean Georges *
	}
}
#-#The country is at peace and we need to look to the future of our Kingdom. We only have one legal claimant, Herion Lusignan, second cousin to late Jacques II, he is also the papal candidate, but he has no support within the Kingdom. We also have three candidates that could start a new dynasty for Cyprus. Alonso d'Aragona, son of King Ferrante of Naples is the candidate of the Catalan faction in the High Council. He is willing to marry Caterina if we support him. He would implicate us in Italian policies. The Frankish nobles support Antoine de Valois-Burgundy, known as the Great Bastard, son of Philip the Good, who will make good our crusading destiny and implicate us in French policies. Finally we have been able to find a heir to the Byzantine empire, Boniface III Palaeologus, margrave of Montferrat. He is the favourite of our Greek subjects and would direct us towards Greek policies. By an irony of history, he is also a descendant of Boniface of Montferrat, the leader of the fourth crusade.

Last edited:
Events CYP 154003 and 154002

Someone in the FTG forums complained that some Cyprus events can´t be avoided. He´s right and that should be changed.

My suggestions are:

Janus only need to be ransomed if the event in which he has been captured has fired before:

Code:
#(1427) The Rescue of Janus
event = {
	id = 154003
        [color=yellow]trigger = { event = 154002 }[/color]
	random = no
	country = CYP
	name = "EVENTNAME154003" #The Rescue of Janus
	desc = "EVENTHIST154003"
	#-#Janus was taken before Barsbey of the Mamluks, were he was humiliated and mistreated. He spent eight months prisoner in Cairo, and had to agree to recognize the Bey as his suzerain and pay a huge ransom of 200,000 ducats. Although the Venetians, the Hospitalliers, and the Pope provided part of the rescue, Cyprus struggled to pay the rest. But King Janus spirit was broken and never recovered fully from the experience.

date = { day = 1 month = march year = 1427 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154003A" #Damm it! and Damm it!
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 24034 } #MAM: The submission of Cyprus
		command = { type = relation which = MAM value = 200 }
		command = { type = ADM which = -3 value = 69 }
	}
}

The Mamluks only can invade Cyprus as punishment of the piracy if the Mamluks exist. That is a nearly impossible condition to avoid for a player at that time in the game - but it is better than an event without any chance to avoid.

Code:
#(1426) The Disaster of Nicosia
event = {
	id = 154002
        [color=yellow]trigger = { exists = MAM
                    NOT = {	vassal = { country = CYP country = MAM } } }[/color]
	random = no
	country = CYP
	name = "EVENTNAME154002" #The Disaster of Nicosia
	desc = "EVENTHIST154002"
	#-#Barsbey of the Mamluks, very angry for the last raid, sent a huge army to Cyprus. After disembarking and finding an agreement with the Genoese of Famagusta, the Bey's general asked Janus to surrender and recognize the Bey as his suzerain, but Janus answered by killing the messenger. The two armies clashed at the battle of Khirokitia, but the cypriot peasants did not hold, and Janus army was destroyed and the King captured. The Mamluks proceeded to sack Nicosia, burning the palace and taking thousands of slaves. With the slaves and the King, the Mamluks finally left for Cairo. In the absence of the King, several revolts started.

date = { day = 7 month = july year = 1426 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME154002A" #Damm it!
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 8 value = 5 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 484 value = -1 } #Cyprus
		command = { type = desertion which = 484 value = 5000 } #Cyprus
	}
}

Edit: to make it easier to avoid the sequence I suggest that not only must the Mamlucks exist but they must not be vassals of Cyprus. If a player of Cyprus managed to vassalize them in that short time then a major invasion by his vassal would not make sense to me...

Last edited: