• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think so. ENG_164165 can fire long before march 1422.

ENG_164171 happens the day Charles VI dies. If Dauphiné and England are already at war, command will have no effect.

Because of the offset of ENG_164165 and FRA_170288 not being able to fire after september 1422, there is no reason to see ENG_164171 firing before ENG_164165.

OTOH, we can't trigger ENG_164165 directly in FRA_170288 because ot the chain of triggered events it would create.

ok, no change sthen

There is no war nor casusbelli command in current version of action_a of ENG_164172:
Code:
	action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164172A" #Appease the Nobles
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 2 }
	}
Do you mean we should add them?

There is no war nor casusbelli command in current version of action_a of ENG_164172:
Code:
	action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164172A" #Appease the Nobles
		command = { type = treasury value = -100 }
		command = { type = domestic which = aristocracy value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 120 value = 2 }
	}
Do you mean we should add them?

post deleted..........i was testing something . look below for what i mean

event 164171 has a war between ENG and DAU and event below fires with another forced war inside 5 years , giving ENG a -3 in stab

#(1427-1430) The Loire Valley Offensive
event = {
id = 164181
random = no
country = ENG
trigger = {
event = 164171 #ENG: The Legacy of Charles VI
NOT = {
event = 361024 #DAU: The Collapse of the Kingdom of Bourges
owned = { province = 411 data = -1 } #Orléanais
owned = { province = 411 data = BUR } #Orléanais
}
}
name = "EVENTNAME164181" #The Loire Valley Offensive
desc = "EVENTHIST164181"
#-#In 1427, the position of Henry VI in France was still not ensured due to the resistance of the Dauphin the widespread support he was receiving. To make matters worse, Burgundy seemed to be putting forth a lackluster effort towards pacifying the rebels in the south. Though Bedford wished to solidify the Lancastrian hold on Maine and Anjou, the Earl of Salisbury demanded firmer action and fervant prosecution of the war against the Dauphin. Bedford reluctantly agreed to send Salisbury to take the Loire Valley and eventually Orleans, the heavily fortified town and home of the Duke of Orleans. There were those besides Bedford who disliked the plan, as attacking the lands of a captive was widely considered a dishonourable act. The Duke of Orleans was a captive in London and had been since Agincourt. Nevertheless, the treaty of Troyes was firmly on the side of those who wished to press onwards...

date = { day = 1 month = april year = 1427 }
offset = 90
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1430 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME164181A" #Salisbury's campaign is in the interests of the Treaty of Troyes
command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 10000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 3000 }
command = { type = war which = DAU }
command = { type = stability value = 4 }
command = { type = addcore which = 411 } #Orleanais
command = { type = relation which = BUR value = -10 }
command = { type = relation which = DAU value = -50 }
command = { type = wakeleader which = 046304} #Salisbury (ENG)
command = { type = badboy value = 1 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 164008 } #ENG: Maine and Anjou are Pacified
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME164181B" #Discard Salisbury's campaign, subdue Maine and Anjou!
command = { type = treasury value = 50 }
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 5000 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 1500 }
command = { type = war which = DAU }
}
action_c = {
name = "ACTIONNAME164181C" #Remain on the Defensive
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 164008 } #ENG: Maine and Anjou are Pacified
}
}

Absence

Forgive my tardiness of late, I shall try and have some stuff for Britain and Spain up over the weekend.

Essays, essays, essays! Although I'm on my last one for now... then exams in May...

Oh, England! :eek:o

Yoda, could you please pinpoint the posts you want me to finish, and I shall do so now? :)

Follow the links! :)

=>
IIRC, my last comment for BIF thread was here (complete summary) and here for Napoleonic Spain. Better review your proposals added in betas but not already submitted too (and check corresponding changes in last available beta). See first lines with your name as author in "Not submitted yet" section of post #1 in "Compiling 1.58" thread.

mandead's stuff to finish for 1.58

Haha, I have 11 tabs open. :D

Okay, this is a place holder which I shall amend as and when I finish things.

TO DO:

Edward IV stuff
Richard III/Edward V stuff
Edward VI/Mary stuff
Nap. Spain
Finish my degree :p

:rofl:

EDIT: Writing event text and playtesting (24/06/09)

Last edited:
*epic, epic facepalm* (There is just no emoticon to explain my current emotion.)

I just wrote loads on Cromwell and editing the events relating to his coronation and the death of Richard IV in 1712. I had his daughter Frances succeed him until 1721, when an alt. George I takes over.

I accidentally closed my Paradox tab with some freak keyboard shortcut that I didn't know existed, and I nearly threw my monitor against the wall.

I will start again.

I had like four Google book sources that took me about an hour to read through for the dates I wanted. I am so fucking annoyed. :eek:o

*epic, epic facepalm* (There is just no emoticon to explain my current emotion.)

I just wrote loads on Cromwell and editing the events relating to his coronation and the death of Richard IV in 1712. I had his daughter Frances succeed him until 1721, when an alt. George I takes over.

I accidentally closed my Paradox tab with some freak keyboard shortcut that I didn't know existed, and I nearly threw my monitor against the wall.

I will start again.

I had like four Google book sources that took me about an hour to read through for the dates I wanted. I am so fucking annoyed. :eek:o

Learn from your mistakes, you will, young Padawan. :)

Update

Cromwell stuff is done. Will post when I'm next on my laptop.

Other stuff is getting there... slowly...

Every time I flick through events to help me with my current change log I always end up finding stuff that I think could be improved or should be changed altogether, which sets me back even further. :eek:o

But, in the long run... everything shall be perfect. :D

Modified trigger to be sure that england owns a port and, perhaps, a fleet.

Code:
#(1802) The Knights Leave Malta
event = {
	id = 24057
	trigger = {
		owned = { province = 819 data = -1 }
		exists = ENG
		countrysize = 1
		NOT = { countrysize = 2 }
		#NOT = { event = 24026 }
		exists = FRA
		event = 170124 #FRA: The military expedition in Egypt
[COLOR="Yellow"]		OR = {
			owned = 247 data = ENG #Anglia
			owned = 248 data = ENG #Kent
			owned = 249 data = ENG #Wessex
			owned = 250 data = ENG #Cornwall
			owned = 246 data = ENG #Bristol
			owned = 243 data = ENG #Walles
		}[/COLOR]
	}
	random = no
	country = KNI
	name = "EVENTNAME24057" #The Knights Leave Malta
	desc = "EVENTHIST24057"

date = { day = 15 month = june year = 1802 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24057A" #Ask for Armistice (End Game)
		command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -100 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 24058 } #ENG: The Knights Stand at Malta
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME24057B" #Withdraw into Fortress
		command = { type = wakemonarch which = 069540 } #de la Tour du Pin °
		command = { type = sleepmonarch which = 069539 } #Giuseppe Caracciolo di Sant Eramo *
		command = { type = revolt which = 819 } #Malta
		command = { type = stability value = -3 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 24027 } #FRA: The Knights Stand at Malta
	}
}