• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't forget the first part of this sequence here. 164272 should indeed be for England and dates should be removed too since this is a triggered event.

As you said, Division of Guiana events for FRA and HOL could be enhanced.

After discussion with Yodamaster i propose to delete these events :
As a precision, justification is France already has regular events that will represent expensive policies of Louis XIV but one event remains for flavour and countrysize condition is added for a possible not very successfull AI.

I propose a new sequence for France in India.
I forgot to mention before submission but a flag set for a country can't be used as condition for events designed for other countries.

ProvinceSpec_338023 and AYU_120020 don't need to be modified (actually they will never fire with proposed modification) but both events must be slept in action_b of FRA_170333.

A new event for France :

Code:
event = {
	id = 170336
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			event = 3138 #FRA: The Effects of the Pragmatic Sanction
			event = 170260 #FRA: Defeat in Northern America
		}
		atwar = yes
	}
	random = no
	country = FRA
	name = "EVENTNAME170336" 
	desc = "EVENTHIST170336"

date = { day = 1 month = april year = 1748 }
	offset = 100
	deathdate = { day = 13 month = july year = 1789 }

action_a = {			
		name = "ACTIONNAME170336A" 
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = land value = 200 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -250 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME170336B" 
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = -1 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -1 value = 5000 } 
	}
}

EVENTNAME170336;The military school;;;;;;;;;;
EVENTHIST170336;After the War of the Austrian Succession, France decided to create a training school for its officers as this corp had shown serious carrences during the fight both on land and sea. The Seven Years War accelerated the implementation of the school;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME170336A;It's good... but too late;;;;;;;;;;
ACTIONNAME170336B;I rely on the noble;;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
A new event for France :

Code:
event = {
	id = 170336
	trigger = {
		atwar = yes
	}
	random = no
	country = FRA
	name = "EVENTNAME170336" 
	desc = "EVENTHIST170336"

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1748 }
	offset = 100

action_a = {			
		name = "ACTIONNAME170336A" 
		command = { type = domestic which = QUALITY value = 1 }
		command = { type = domestic which = land value = 200 }
		command = { type = treasury value = -250 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME170336B" 
		command = { type = domestic which = ARISTOCRACY value = 1 }
		command = { type = CAV which = -1 value = 5000 } 
	}
}

I presume action a is for a school and action b is for NO school.
If so, then action B with aristocracy is basically an arrogant gesture that the aristocracy will lead the french armies, so then you need also this below in action b

trigger = {
atwar = yes
}

Your text reads that *after* the war of Austrian Succession they started to build the school. Why then is the trigger to be at war and not NOT to be atwar? After war = Not at war?

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1748 }
of
fset = 100

German WIKI mentions that the congress for the peace of Aachen that ended the War of Austrian Succession started on 24.04.1748 and ended 18.10.1748
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frieden_von_Aachen_(1748)
I would suggest to move the start date to April 1748.

Was it a specific "school" that was founded? If so then France should control the province where it was founded. If it´s no school but rather a nationwide reformprocess then that won´t be necessary.

How does the event check if there actually has been a "War of Austrian Succession" in the game? I mentioned the same problem about the Hussite wars and Yoda created a workaround for the Austrian/HAB event that modified the austiran defences after the Hussite Wars. Perhaps this event should contain a similiar trigger? For simplicity perhaps add this in the trigger:

Code:
event = 3138 #FRA The austrian pragmatic sanction
event = 170260 #FRA really lost in America

Because if there would have been not war of austrian succession the text would be misleading and if France would not have lost something then there would have been no need for better training.

Your text reads that *after* the war of Austrian Succession they started to build the school. Why then is the trigger to be at war and not NOT to be atwar? After war = Not at war?
A the end of the text: "The Seven Years War accelerated the implementation of the school." This is why I understand the atwar = yes condition and the deathdate.

I agree for the other remarks.

Maybe FRA_170120 "The Diplomatic Revolution" could be involved too and thus deathdate of the proposed event reduced.

I presume action a is for a school and action b is for NO school.
If so, then action B with aristocracy is basically an arrogant gesture that the aristocracy will lead the french armies, so then you need also this below in action b
edited :)

Yodamaster said:
A the end of the text: "The Seven Years War accelerated the implementation of the school." This is why I understand the atwar = yes condition and the deathdate.
it is the idea

ConjurerDragon said:
Was it a specific "school" that was founded? If so then France should control the province where it was founded. If it´s no school but rather a nationwide reformprocess then that won´t be necessary.
it was both reformprocess and specific school, but the place doesn't really matter as the school moved in the french territory (from Paris to two town in province).

I would suggest to move the start date to April 1748.
OK

I propose to include in the trigger the proposal of Conjurer Dragon.

Update

Just to let you know that I've finally got my PC up and running again (though God only knows how long for this time) and have made a start on finishing a few sequences.

I hope to get the Edward IV, Edward VI/Mary and Napoléonic Spain stuff finished ASAP. ;)

IIRC, my last comment for BIF thread was here (complete summary) and here for Napoleonic Spain. Better review your proposals added in betas but not already submitted too (and check corresponding changes in last available beta). See first lines with your name as author in "Not submitted yet" section of post #1 in "Compiling 1.58" thread.

I have never tested this, but would there be a benefit to alter event below to have a historic startdate (21st october 1422) . The issue as I see it is that BUR or ENG or DAU are spending there monies on tax collectors and ENG mop up "old" FRA anywhere between july 1421 and july 1422 .
OR
not have a start date , but include in the trigger......... when the old FRA king dies and the new one rises

#(1420-1422) Henry V is heir to France
event = {
id = 164165
trigger = { event = 170288 } #FRA: The Treaty of Troyes
random = no
country = ENG
name = "EVENTNAME164165" #Henry V is heir to France
desc = "EVENTHIST164165"
#-#Faced with the Anglo-Burgundian alliance and the pressure of Queen Isabel, Charles VI signed a veritable surrender of the Royal government in the Treaty of Troyes. Charles VI disinherited his own son, the so-called King of Bourges, and agreed to recognize Henry V as heir, giving him his daughter Catherine in marriage. For the Lancastrians, the Treaty of Troyes was a triumphant victory which seemed to offer them the Crown of St. Louis for good.

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1420 }
offset = 1
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1422 }

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME164165A" #Take the Dauphin, and Our Victory Will be complete!
command = { type = stability value = 3 }
command = { type = relation which = BRI value = -25 }
command = { type = relation which = DAU value = -100 }
command = { type = relation which = PRO value = -50 }
command = { type = war which = DAU }
command = { type = casusbelli which = DAU value = 120 }
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 384 value = 1 } #Caux
command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 413 value = 1 } #Normandie
command = { type = vassal which = FRA }
command = { type = vassal which = BUR }
command = { type = addcore which = 376 } #Champagne
command = { type = addcore which = 383 } #Picardie
command = { type = addcore which = 386 } #Nivernais
}
}

I'm not sure I understand (mop up?). Do you mean replacing current date with 21st october 1422? France can't exist just after this date and command for vassalizing FRA will become useless.

ENG_164165 requires (=>) FRA_170288 => BUR_137056 => ENG_164163 (not after september 1422) => BUR_137015 => DAU_361002 (11th september 1419)

ENG_164165 is requird by BUR_137052.

There is no other influence on the game.

ENG_164163 is the key because England will have to wait for the peace with France in the war that is started in 1419. No peace = no negotiations => no Treaty of Troyes. But Treaty of Troyes can happen in 1420 and ENG_164165 is a direct and immediate consequence.

I'm not sure I understand (mop up?)

I would use "mop up" in the sense of "completely eliminating the remains of France". Perhaps Toio meant it like this.

I'm not sure I understand (mop up?). Do you mean replacing current date with 21st october 1422? France can't exist just after this date and command for vassalizing FRA will become useless.

ENG_164165 requires (=>) FRA_170288 => BUR_137056 => ENG_164163 (not after september 1422) => BUR_137015 => DAU_361002 (11th september 1419)

ENG_164165 is requird by BUR_137052.

There is no other influence on the game.

ENG_164163 is the key because England will have to wait for the peace with France in the war that is started in 1419. No peace = no negotiations => no Treaty of Troyes. But Treaty of Troyes can happen in 1420 and ENG_164165 is a direct and immediate consequence.

dragon is partly correct in the term i used "mop up". I meant the ENG war on old FRA which ends with a peace agreement, so what left is FRA with only with its capital.

My issue is that once this war is ended , any where between 1419 and OCT 1422, ENG dow DAU , followed by BUR dow DAU. The event are fine, but there is an issue. ENG starts to build tax collectors and so does DAU. so the initial war leads to a lopsided victory , mostly in favour of DAU.

I think the only solution would be to delay the creation of TAX collectors for both ENG and DAU

Ok, I understand now but we can't do that. This is AI decision according to tech level.

Ok, I tested different things and they are all no good.

On another tack,........why after the seige of meaux in march 1422, when Henry v got ill and there was a lull/truce in the fighting do we have 2 commands for war for ENG - DAU
events 164171 and 164165 ?

should the 164165 war command be removed and placed in event 164172 A

I know Henry V died in august 1422 and this event is November 1422

should the 164165 war command be removed and placed in event 164172 A
I don't think so. ENG_164165 can fire long before march 1422.

ENG_164171 happens the day Charles VI dies. If Dauphiné and England are already at war, command will have no effect.

Because of the offset of ENG_164165 and FRA_170288 not being able to fire after september 1422, there is no reason to see ENG_164171 firing before ENG_164165.

OTOH, we can't trigger ENG_164165 directly in FRA_170288 because ot the chain of triggered events it would create.