• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LlywelynII

Field Marshal
11 Badges
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
A couple of ideas

• First, I would really like some more events for Wales, if we're keeping them around. It's hard to know exactly what their independent life would have been like, but I think there are a couple of turning points or crucial moments that should triggers some effect:
    • The annexation of England & restoration of Celtic rule in Avalon - bump to stability at the very least, increased tax revenue and population in Wales; possibly an option to transfer the capital to London
    • The unification of the remaining Celtic peoples of Ireland, Scotland, & Brittany under Welsh rule - ditto the stability bump; possibly change province culture in English territory as immigrants replace the Norman aristocracy
    • A "remain Anglicized?" event - triggered by annexing ENG or time, if no longer a vassal of England. Trade-off gaelic relations, revolts, stability & a level of fortification in Wales (pulling down Edward's castles) for Anglo-Saxon culture.
    • At least one traditionalist (read: pagan) ruler 'returning to the ways of his fathers'
  • Some of EEP's English events (esp. the ones involving the Stuarts) need to test whether *ANY* province is still protestant, if that's possible - at the very least, whether Spain or France even exist (considering how often English players win the HYW, it's pretty awkward to see an all-Catholic Parliament raising a hue and cry about a marriage to a French princess (who, by definition, would be English in that timeline))
  • I think at least a minor event for the Tyndale translation of the Bible (he was burnt a heretic) in 1525; & for the King James (proposed 1604), especially since the latter replaced the Geneva Bible, which has marginalia in it questioning the divine right of kings.

Also posted to the appropriate EEP/AGC fora.

jay.

This definitely needs to be split into two threads. Britain and France are already the most heavily modded countries in the game and including them both in one thread is asking, no, begging for chaos. :D

Nah.

It's fine. No one's even mentioned them yet.

Since this is mostly a forum for merging EEP/AGC, it's not all that important to keep 'em separate. Maybe after we replace EEP & AGC with Jenny, it'll be more practical to split the thread.

jay.

I think England actually needs an Inheritance event for Scotland.

I have *never* seen England get the "Act of Union" Event, unless I played them myself...

With as much as the AI loves to diploannex, couldn't you just script an event that makes SCO vassals and boosts the relations when the Stuarts take over England?

jay.

Originally posted by Llywelyn
With as much as the AI loves to diploannex, couldn't you just script an event that makes SCO vassals and boosts the relations when the Stuarts take over England?

jay.

I'm pretty sure there IS one somewhere, but it just doesen't fire for some reason...

No. I think there is an EEP that puts James VI into an English allianc, but no vassalization. It probably would be a good thing to have.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
No. I think there is an EEP that puts James VI into an English allianc, but no vassalization. It probably would be a good thing to have.

You mean there isn't one?
Funny... You'd think this would be one of the most obvious thing to do :)

Originally posted by Arilou
You mean there isn't one?
Funny... You'd think this would be one of the most obvious thing to do :)

It was one of those things that I kept meaning to do, but because I wanted to do a complete overhaul of the entire Stuart period, I figured I would wait until that process was underway. Life & other work, however, has kept delaying that substantial project.

Originally posted by Johnny Canuck
It was one of those things that I kept meaning to do, but because I wanted to do a complete overhaul of the entire Stuart period, I figured I would wait until that process was underway. Life & other work, however, has kept delaying that substantial project.

Well, so who's compiling British Isles events? Just add the command line in to the Stuart inheritance event :)

jay.

Originally posted by Llywelyn
Well, so who's compiling British Isles events? Just add the command line in to the Stuart inheritance event :)

jay.
What Stuart inheritance event?

I have some events for England that pertain to Canada and Quebec as well as some colonial period France events that I'll post somewhere eventually.
The French events fit so nicely with the Champlain event that fires for France.
I scripted them a while ago with the eventual goal of scripting a good series for France's trading and missionary relations with Huron and the Iroquois, culminating in the French/Indian Wars. I know I'll get around to re-tackling euro-NAT events eventually, right now i'm swamped with the Quebec issues, I'm racing to complete a viable Quebec mod for the merger. When I'm finished that, you can bet I'll be stressing euro-NAT importance and fleshing out nice events for them.

Originally posted by ribbon22
Has anyone seen any events for the renunciation by the nobility of all its privileges (August 4, 1789), and the Declaration of the Rights of Man (August 26) in either EEP or AGC? Shouldn't those events be included if they're not already?

On french forum, we work on that. :)

Originally posted by Sire Philippe
On french forum, we work on that. :)

-cool...only, i wish i paid more attention in school during my French classes!! :(
-Phillippe, if you know of anyone in that forum that'd be interested in throwing in an idea or two for Quebec, could you send 'em over to the AGC\EEP merger: Quebec & Canada thread? :D

The events about Mary and the restoration of Catholicism really ought not to fire(or to fire in altered form; perhaps fantasy events where Mary is a Protestant?) if England stays or reverts to Catholic.

the HYW french mod

In french forum, all the adventures to complete the mod "HYW" are near their end, thanks to an original idea from Renaud Vibien, a scripting by myself and an enormous testing and compilation work by Captain Frakas.
Now, it works with EEP 1.4.1, but a lot of problems stayed :

1) all is in french... sorry, but the translation work is an entire other effort, and we had so functional problems that this part is stayed apart... (so, careful if you download the files, the text.csv is also in french... :rolleyes: )

2) some problems are always active, although a large part is now resolved. No more bug, but a problem with some events (i.e., it could be necessary to remove the revolter BOU - Dauphiné - from the file "revolt" to avoid some problems), with some strange consequences. So if you have strange results, report them. :)

If I decided, despite all this facts, to post it now, it's because for various reasons we have no more time to work on it before some times (Frakas is in holiday, I work myself on the Mongol Empire Scenario, and I go back to work in a week... :( ).

So, if you have enough courage, you can download the pack here . :D

I must add that Lord Tarleton made previously a translate of all events of this mod, so you could easily arrange the things. :)

To help, here are the added events, (badly) translated :

############# ID EVENTS #############

#AIDE ECOSSAISE
12001 : The Scots assist the Dauphin (BOU)

#MONTEREAU
1000001 : On Montereau's bridge (BOU)
1000002 : John the Fearless' murder (BUR)
1000003 : John the Fearless' murder (ENG)
1000004 : John the Fearless' murder (FRA)
1000005 : Alliance of Montereau (BUR)

#TREATY OF TROYES
1000006 : Treaty of Troyes (ENG)
1000007 : Treaty of Troyes (BUR)
1000008 : Treaty of Troyes (FRA)
1000009 : King of England is now french heir (ENG)
1000010 : Henry V' generous peace (FRA)
1000011 : Burgundian opposition (ENG)
1000012 : New fights in France (BUR)

#CHARLES VI' SUCCESSION
1000013 : Charles VI' death (FRA)
1000014 : Charles VI' heritage (ENG)
1000015 : Charles VI' death (FRA)
1000016 : Charles VI' heritage (BOU)
1000017 : Charles VI' death (FRA)
1000018 : Charles VI' succession (BUR)
1000019 : Charles VI' succession (BOU)
1000020 : Long live to the King Charles VII (BOU)
1000021 : Charles VI' succession (ENG)

#JEANNE D'ARC
1000022 : Orleans offensive (ENG)
1000023 : Chinon's interview (BOU)
1000024 : Jeanne's adventure (BOU)

#THE DAUPHIN BECOMES KING OF FRANCE
1000025 : Charles VII' crowning (BOU)

#JEANNE D'ARC
1000026 : Jeanne's expedition (BUR)
1000027 : Charles VII' triumph (ENG)
1000028 : Jeanne's fate (FRA)
1000029 : Jeanne's captured (BUR)
1000030 : Jeanne d'arc sold to the English (ENG)
1000031 : Jeanne's martyr (ENG)
1000032 : Jeanne released (ENG)
1000033 : Jeanne strikes back ! (BUR)
1000034 : Jeanne's return (FRA)
1000035 : Rumours about Jeanne (FRA)
1000036 : Jeanne's death (FRA)
1000037 : Jeanne to covent (FRA)
1000038 : Final victory for Jeanne (FRA)

#FRANCO-BURGUNDIAN ALLIANCE AND END OF THE WAR
1000039 : Franco-burgundian negociations (FRA)
1000040 : Treaty of Arras (BUR)
1000041 : Arras' accordance (BUR)
1000042 : Treaty of Arras (FRA)
1000043 : Failure of the negociations (FRA)
1000044 : Arras' accordance (FRA)
1000045 : English weakened positions in France (ENG)
1000046 : Rouen is lost (ENG)
1000047 : Normandy is lost (ENG)
1000048 : Picardy is lost (ENG)
1000049 : Anjou is lost (ENG)
1000050 : Vendée is lost (ENG)
1000051 : Poitou is lost (ENG)
1000052 : Aquitaine is lost (ENG)
1000053 : Toulouse is lost (ENG)
1000054 : Calais is lost (ENG)
1000055 : Paris is lost (ENG)
1000056 : Orléans is lost (ENG)
1000057 : Troubles in Aquitaine (FRA)
1000058 : Bordeaux calls to help the english king (ENG)

#JEANNE D'ARC
1000059 : Jeanne's failure (BOU)

#BACK TO PARIS
1000060 : King of France returned to Paris (FRA)

#VALOIS' DEFEAT
1000061 : Dauphin's death (BOU)
1000062 : English final victory (ENG)
1000063 : Dauphin's death (BOU)
1000064 : The Duke before the Throne (BUR)
1000065 : Bourges Kingdom crushing (BOU)
1000066 : Bourges Kingdom crushing (BOU)

#THE DAUPHIN BECOMES KING OF FRANCE
1000067 : Charles VII' crowning (BOU)

# GREAT COMPANIES
1000070 : Great companies (FRA)
1000071 : Great companies (BRI)
1000072 : Great companies (BUR)
1000074 : Great companies (BOU)
1000075 : Great companies (U19) Tyrol pour l'Alsace.
1000076 : Great companies (PRO)
1000077 : Great companies (U17) Foix-Béarn
1000078 : Great companies (LOR)
1000079 : Great companies (ENG)

#VALOIS' DEFEAT
1000080 : The Duke before the Throne (FRA)
1000081 : Charles the Rash' succession (FRA)

#MONTEREAU
1000082 : Alliance of Montereau (FRA)

#BACK TO PARIS
1000083 : King of France returned to Paris (FRA)

############# ID LEADERS #############
09151 : Jeanne d'Arc (1418 - 23/05/1430) (BOU)
09152 : Jeanne d'Arc (23/05/1430 - 22/06/1461) (FRA)

############# ID MONARCH #############
04243 : Philippe le Bon (BUR) if John not killed
15019 : Anne de France (FRA) if Charles the Rash became King of France.
19992 : Philippe VII le Bon (FRA)
19993 : Charles VII le Teméraire (FRA)
19994 : Anne de France (FRA)

Cool.

England becomes France?

I know this sounds really wierd, but I was wondering what people thought of an event that would finalize England's claim on France. If England won the Hundred Years War and kept French culture, then there should be an event either making it possible to become France or create some sort of Great Britain-esque Anglo-French nation if England conquers Ile de France. Since the English kings claimed the throne, its only natural to assume that, if they took France, they'd unite the thrones. Although there should be a really early death date to this event (early 1500's), it should allow the player of England several choices:
"England will be part of France"
-England becomes France, gains CB shields on France, capitol goes to Ile de France.
-Ability to gain Gaelic culture is gone.
-Huge stab hit

"France will be part of England"
-Stab increase

"England and France will join in the Grand Union"
-Shoots new event
-Minus 2 stability
-Bad relations with part of the world

New event would be:
"The Union will be governed from London"
-Capitol in London
-Stab increase
"The Union will be governed from Paris"
-Capitol in Ile de France
-Gain CB shields in France
-Lost CB shields in England
"The Union will be led in London but Paris will be important"
-Minus 2 stability
-Capitol remains in London
-Minus 3 centralization
-Gain CB shields in England

Just a suggestion. England wanted to conquer France as the king of France, not the king of England. Just think its an interesting possibility.