• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(11796)

The Gigantic Squirrel
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
I believe there should be a backup for the more important events, so that if something goes wrong, it could be fixed in the future. In the first place I am talking about Castille not turning Spain. There should be a backup, afther 1510 or so, if the first attempt fails, same goes for the inheritence of Aragon. I'm sure there are a number of other situations such as this one, which would benefit from this.

This might not allways be historically justified, but for the sake of the game. It's rather annoying whan you see Castille and Aragon in the 1550s, and South America is completely uncolonized.

How about some contingency events to keep, for this example both Castile and Aragon interesting nations up to 1820, should that be the path taken?

Idea!

Instead of just forcing a creation of Spain (I agree that a later creation should be possible), you could also trigger new ai files to encourage expansion.

Re: Idea!

Originally posted by Lord Tarleton
Instead of just forcing a creation of Spain (I agree that a later creation should be possible), you could also trigger new ai files to encourage expansion.

That would be good enough for me, both Castille and Aragon should get some historical explorers, and should be encouraged to colonize, becouse this is just bad development of events. Also, If Spain doesn't form, Netherlands (when it forms) and Portugal, should get a few events or ai changes so that they colonize the spanish area.

Kind of what I had in mind, but with Aragon a bit more focused on the Mediterranian and a possibility of getting the CoT that shows up in Seville instead. Leave most of the Conquistadors to Castille, with maybe a couple of the historical, or perhaps a bonus one or two to whoever owns Extremadura (so many were from there) also triggered on no Granada.