• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1047)

Commander, US Pacific Fleet
Feb 21, 2001
This is to serve as a replacement "top" to the AGC: USA thread, and one with a more accurate title. Discussions will continue in this thread.

Files ready to be submitted to me can be sent via email at whitestar77@earthlink.net . All types of attachments are acceptable; there is also no NEED to zip or otherwise compress, though if you choose to I would prefer ZIP format. English language only, please, and include "AGC:" as the beginning of your message title for ease of sorting.

Files for testing and submissions may be found at my website :
http://www.geocities.com/starshipnormandy/strategy/AGC.html

Event IDs 22600-22699 are reserved for our use, by Onslaught's prior request, and 22800-22999 by my request. Leaders 17500-17509 are also reserved.

I am currently using event numbers 17760xxx simply for testing purposes, these are to be renumbered before submission. As of this writing I have approximately 120 events, with almost everything covered up to 1787.

--------------
Current conculsions / recommendations / decisions:
(Finalized decisions to be marked by a *)

* Several revisions to USA revolt.txt entry; to be submitted soon. Includes mainly which provinces are included, also change of startdate to July 1776.

* Powhatan, Detroit, Hindua, Acadie, Nova Scotia provinces (69, 72, 82, 115, 116) should be Forest terrain and The Great Lakes should, well, be LAKES, not seas.

* Tax values in USA provinces to be slashed at scenario start; current values are too high to simulate English colonial policy. Current values will (on average) be replaced or exceeded by planned 1760-1800 events.

* Knowledge of Gander (118) needs to be removed from Norway to prevent early colonization of it.

* Revised monarchs.usa to be submitted to accomodate future options in Constitution events group, including options for life terms for presidents and an option to have no executive (leaving the immortal Congress in command).

* USA will not have access to other cultures; instead cultures will be switched to Anglosaxon in the relevant provinces at the appropriate times. (Specifically those historically held by France and/or Spain, and the remaining natives.)

Revised England, France colonial AIs to be submitted. Small changes also recommended to Sweden, Netherlands AIs. Also, events have been developed granting all historical colonizers in the Americas (except Spain, Portugal, Russia) CBs on historical possessions before 1760. Will supplement later with post-1760 North America changes.

Salem Witch Trials and Indian Raids events written; will be submitted after testing.

Natives:

If native nations are to be downsized: (per my recommendations)

* Reduce Iroquois to 3-4 provinces (take out Shenandoah (70), Tuscarora (84) and possibly Oswego (89) ), all others reduced to 1 province (Huron, Cherokee, Navajo to current capials) or removed completely (Lenape, Shawnee, Dakota). Creek also to be moved over to Tuscaloosa (53) and reduced to this province only (culture to change to match). Manhattan COT option removed as this province will be unoccupied. New AI to be written which will make these countries peaceful, but ferocious when at war - will be providing these wars via events (below). Map knowledge to be tailored to show only each other's territories and the 13 colonies and Florida sections of coast. (except of course Navajo, which would more properly have the American Southwest.)

---------------
To-Do List: (Volunteers accepted for all tasks, especially "To Research" - these are real-world tasks, not game-related. They are listed directly below related in-game ideas that they are to be used for.)

1760-1800 period:

- Revolution events coded and ready for preliminary testing. However, setting up a game where it's the proper date and England controls the proper provinces is going to be a pain. Anyone want to help?

- Idea to impose a series of event-decisions relating to the details of the Constitution, including but not limited to a state/individual voting systems choice which may impact the Election events choice orders, and a no president / 4 year term president / president for life option which may affect existence/timing of elections. (Necessary research complete.)

- Checking the accuracy of American military leaders; specifically the historicalness of the Revoultionary wartime leaders and the presence of Andrew Jackson.

- Checking the Election events and ensuring that they work properly and have appropriate effects. Also scripting alternates with the Constitution presidential options.

- To Research: Actual details, both in "electoral votes" and "popular votes", of presidential elections up to 1820.

Pre-1760 and post-1800:

- Scripting, checking and testing the Louisiana and Florida events. (I have now recieved the Florida event drafts from Onslaught, but some work remains to be done on them.)

* Testing and finalizing tax and goods changes, and submitting these with terrain changes.

* Testing and submitting Indian Raids events and Witch Trials events. Also submitting Colonial CB events (after troubleshooting).

* Submitting revised INC files for NA tribes. Only current problem : cannot get natives to appear in newly vacant provinces.

Last edited:
Replacement colonial AI's for England, France:

New (Replacement) - England Colonial AI

continent = { Oceania }
region = { Carribean India }
area = { America Maine Georgia Newfoundland Cuba Bengal Carnatic Ceylon Tanganyika "The Mascarenes" "The Cape" Gold "St Helena" Guiana Falklands Bermuda "Grand Lacs" Illinois Labrador "Hudson Bay" Ohio Plaines Oregon }

New (Replacement) - France Colonial AI

region = { Carribean "West Africa" India }
area = { Quebec Acadie Antilles Haiti "Grand Lacs" Carnatic "The Mascarenes" Senegal Louisiane "Hudson Bay" Illinois Guiana Seychelles Madagascar Congo Cameroon Ivory Gabon Kansas }

Also the following should be added to existing Sweden, Netherlands AIs if not already present:

area = { America }

Posted monarchs.usa and events removed for further revisions. May make this the new home of the to-do list (splitting into seperate post).

Last edited:
did u miss something from the conclusion list in the old thread? there is this point

*USA should not get French culture in the Louisiana purchase, but rather have the provinces changed to the state culture (Anglosaxon) after a while.

from the old thread which i think is not in ur list here.

Yeah, I was assuming that; I simply haven't fully examined the post-1800 events, as I have not recieved the working versions from Onslaught yet.

I've corrected the list to mention this (generally and in other words, to cover Florida and the natives as well).

Last edited:
The only events that are "ready" or "almost ready" are the Florida-related events. I haven't tinkered with Louisiana or any other part of the list; the list was mostly only a list of things to do, since nothing was yellow-marked yet (though if the great lakes are lakes in beta 2, the entry saying it should be so should probably be marked red.

Indian Raids sample

Being that there are around 70 of them, I won't post all the Indian Raids events; if you want to help test them please email me and I will send the full set. (I do need help testing; in my most recent test France and Spain did not colonize properly and the events never fired.)

Here is one sample, the first Huron event. Events only vary by:

- time frame
- in later timeframes, the French-owned territories in Quebec that are required move inland (this does not happen for the Spanish; the triggers there are the two eastern Florida territories, Seminole and Everglades)
- the Iroquois events cost more money and give the Iroquois more troops
- the English colonies affected vary by tribe

Otherwise the other versions are remarkably similar to this sample sequence.

# Huron Raids events
event = {
id = 17760012
trigger = {
exists = HUR
relation = { which = HUR value = 50 }
NOT = { relation = { which = ENG value = -50 } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = FRA country = ENG } }
NOT = { alliance = { country = HUR country = ENG } }
OR = { owned = { province = 110 data = FRA }
owned = { province = 111 data = FRA } }
OR = { owned = { province = 88 data = ENG }
owned = { province = 99 data = ENG }
owned = { province = 100 data = ENG }
owned = { province = 101 data = ENG }
owned = { province = 102 data = ENG }
}
}
random = no
country = FRA
name = "Suggest Native war against the English Colonies"
desc = "Our friends, the Huron, are restless. Shall we incite them to war against the English colonies?"
style = 3
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1575 }
offset = 200
deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1600 }

action_a = {
name = "Send Funds to the Huron for War Preparations"
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -25 }
command = { type = treasury value = -80 }
command = { type = trigger which = 17760013 }
}
action_b = {
name = "No, the English are a Civilized People"
command = { type = relation which = HUR value = -25 }
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = 25 }
}
}

#
event = {
id = 17760013
random = no
country = HUR
name = "French suggest war against the English Colonies"
desc = "Our friends, the French, have suggested a war against the English colonies on the coast, which threaten our way of life."
style = 3

action_a = {
name = "Forward! Call out the Warriors!"
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
command = { type = war which = ENG }
command = { type = relation which = ENG value = -100 }
command = { type = CAV which = -2 value = 500 }
command = { type = INF which = -2 value = 12000 }
command = { type = natives which = 88 value = 9 }
command = { type = natives which = 99 value = 9 }
command = { type = natives which = 100 value = 9 }
command = { type = natives which = 101 value = 9 }
command = { type = natives which = 102 value = 9 }
}
action_b = {
name = "No, let us ignore their suggestion"
command = { type = relation which = FRA value = -25 }
command = { type = treasury value = 80 }
command = { type = natives which = 88 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 99 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 100 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 101 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 102 value = 3 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 17760014 }
}
}

#
event = {
id = 17760014
trigger = {
event = 17760013
NOT = { war = { country = HUR country = ENG } }
}
random = no
country = HUR
name = "End of Colonial Raids"
desc = "Our warriors have tired of raiding the English colonies and returned to their homes."
style = 3

action_a = {
name = "Drat!"
command = { type = stability value = -3 }
command = { type = desertion which = -2 value = 12500 }
command = { type = desertion which = 88 value = 12500 }
command = { type = desertion which = 99 value = 12500 }
command = { type = desertion which = 100 value = 12500 }
command = { type = desertion which = 101 value = 12500 }
command = { type = desertion which = 102 value = 12500 }
command = { type = desertion which = -1 value = 12500 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 88 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 99 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 100 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 101 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = ENG value = 102 }
command = { type = natives which = 88 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 99 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 100 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 101 value = 3 }
command = { type = natives which = 102 value = 3 }
}
}

Update!

I sat down today and did a rough coding of the 1763-1787 events, up to but not including the Constitution. Do not currently have an appropriate England game for testing (need one around 1760 where England controls entire coast from Savannah to Penobscot/Bangor).

Also looking for volunteers to assist with testing. Please contact via email, listed in top post of this thread. Events should work with ANY version of game, even non-AGC. Non-English version OK too as long as you can read the events and relay your thoughts in it.

Specifically for now, the American Revolution events themselves. In order to test them, we'll need a 1760 savegame where England controls the Atlantic coast from Savannah up into the Quebec area, and about 2-3 provinces inland. Preferably, all of Canada and America out to the Mississippi River, except Florida and the Gulf Coast. The rest of the world situation doesn't matter.

(if you could set up this and send it to me that'd be great, I'm not all that good with non-event editing).

I'll send out the draft events as soon as I've got somewhere to send them (hint, hint). My email's in the top post of this thread.

The events themselves take place over 1763-87 as currently written; everything pre-1763 is pretty well ready to go, and post-1787 not done yet.

@Sheridan

Do you plan to remake "English colonial effort" events too? There are only two of them that raise some fortresses for huge cost.

Your sample is only about Europeans messing around but what about Indians raids provoked just by colonization? Triggered only by owneship os some provinces by England or France in North America.

I think that maps of Indians can be confined to their provinces and bordering areas.

What about CoT? I think that remaining Indians can trade in Mexico but in this case the knowledge about hte location must be given to them.

First, on the non-provoked Indian raids. I thought this could be done without events by granting CB's in the appropriate areas, which I have done in my revised INC's for the tribes. They could be done with events as well, but that might make them too predictable.

Second, on the COT - I'm still unsure; if there is one it should be in Mohawk.

Third, I haven't looked at the English colony-fort events. I'm tempted to remove them completely, actually. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Sheridan
Specifically for now, the American Revolution events themselves. In order to test them, we'll need a 1760 savegame where England controls the Atlantic coast from Savannah up into the Quebec area, and about 2-3 provinces inland. Preferably, all of Canada and America out to the Mississippi River, except Florida and the Gulf Coast. The rest of the world situation doesn't matter.

(if you could set up this and send it to me that'd be great, I'm not all that good with non-event editing).

I'll send out the draft events as soon as I've got somewhere to send them (hint, hint). My email's in the top post of this thread.

The events themselves take place over 1763-87 as currently written; everything pre-1763 is pretty well ready to go, and post-1787 not done yet.

So many provinces by 1760... are you sure thats right?

send them to languish@ntlworld.com.

Yeah - the last of the coastal colonies was officially established before that; some of the areas west of the mountains were still wild or very sparsely populated, though, so level 1 or 2 colonies would work for those.

I'll package up and send the events in a few minutes.

Languish - the email address you gave is not working; the messages keep bouncing back.

Also, in case anyone else wants to help, we can use more testers. If someone could set up a 1750-60 game with the proper provinces owned by England (a three or four province wide strip along the Atlantic coast, including Canada but not including the Gulf Coast/Florida provinces, should be sufficient), that would also be very useful. I currently do not have such a game, which is making testing on my part very difficult.

I'm going to upload the events files to my website ( http://www.geocities.com/starshipnormandy/strategy/AGC.html ) and provide links here.

Last edited:
OOOpppppsss......

I had some problems in the new revolution.txt events file I uploaded last week that caused CTD's during bootup. These have now been corrected, so if you're interested in testing, they are now useable.

I'm currently working on playing through a game that can be used for events testing; I'm up to 1570 and already (I know there was explorer problems) have the entire North American coast from Savannah north, except for Bas St Laurent to Anticosti, which I left for France to try to trigger the indian raids events.

I'm planning on making a 1690 savegame (for the Salem events) and a 1760 savegame (for the revolution events) available once I get that far.

Sounds like me when I was trying to test my quebec events.

I've taken a look at the events posted online, they're pretty good Sheriden, nice work. I have some minor qualms about some of the events though.

Were these events included in AGC's latest version?

I'm not sure; I could never get a clear answer on who to submit them to, although I think I did send some of them around.

What with the EEP merger going on though, I think it's fairly well handled; when I tried to get involved in AON there was a pretty control-freak person already in charge of North America there who shot down almost every idea I'd floated, and I've seen them on the AGC boards as well, so I've mostly kept my mouth shut.

What were your qualms about the posted events?

Mainly with some of the consequences in the England series. My main issues would be with your Indian Raid series. But seeing as natives aren't included in the merger, it's not really an issue for me in that respect. Basically, I thought the majority of the other events were really good. I was stunned to see how similar your series was to the one I had mind. I've copied your events though, and I really don't see why they can't be incorporated into the merger. The fact is, is that the American Revolution needs re-worked, and a more detailed series is, IMO, exactly what's needed. Details which, you've got all nicely scripted out for everyone.

I say again, nice work Sheriden.

re: great lakes

though the Great Lakes are lakes, as the name implies, they experience High Seas conditions such as gale-force winds, tides and waves. The Canadian and American Navies as well as coast guards patrol these waters. consider this in your changes