• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Re: 1644

Originally posted by ptan54

This is of course assuming we want to stick with the Ming. Has Ebbesen stuck with the Ming, controlled all those revolts, and reconquer northern China?
Not from the Age of Mercantilism scenario, as I never play that scenario. From 1419, sure. I have NOT played it through selecting all the worst RR choices to get maximum stacking RR, though. That option coupled with annexing Manchu before 1644 gives you the 40%+ RR for decades, and I have not tried fighting that. Only the 20% RR for decades variant. Not being able to recruit troops at the time sucks, which is why it is advisable to have a really, really, large army before you enter the worst years. Nevertheless, if you are prepared for it, it is easy.

I just went back to 1644, and kept Manchu annexed.

I get this EVENT 3913. Thats all it says, nothing special.

Then my capital switches to Nanjing, BUT all my northern provinces that didnt originally belong to Manchu remain mine!

Manchu regains independence, but as a vassal. My RR is 20 and when Manchu declares war, Im quite prepared in fact....inflict crushing victories on them....too bad they made Beijing their capital though that really sucks.

Of course I was using alba.....not sure how the war wouldve gone without that. I suppose I could still have continued the war but ignore the rebellions, once I had signed a peace treaty with Manchu it will be rebel crushing time.

I tried also siding with the Qing....and my shield remains "Ming"...another prob that has to be fixed.

Pretty much...everyones over in the AGC-EEP merger section now. I'm pretty sure there will be no more updates for the solo AGC.