• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hardraade I will defend France to the best of my abilities. However, I won't mil-con them as long as I can avoid it.

humancalculator It's about to get worse, believe me....

Raaritsgozilla That's what I normally do..... :D However, for RP and narrative purposes, I actually have fight for France.

All For the next update I need some moral adivce. I have to things I can use. One I can use because it was in limited Commonwealth Service at the beginning of WW2 in OTL and is the coolest piece of Allied Equipment this side of the Spitfire, one I probably shoudl use because it's a local design....

All For the next update I need some moral adivce. I have to things I can use. One I can use because it was in limited Commonwealth Service at the beginning of WW2 in OTL and is the coolest piece of Allied Equipment this side of the Spitfire, one I probably shoudl use because it's a local design....

I say it depends on the situation, trek. The M2HB is a heavy MG usually mounted on vehicles while the Vickers is mainly a squad support MG for infantry use. Check this site for more info. Personally I favour this 'cause it's French. :p

Oh noes, choices... The M2 is, as you say, pretty much made of awesome, but the Vickers was around since the Boer War, so deserves the longetivity award. I would say... M2, it'll punch a hole in a man from a verrrry long distance. I didn't wanna make that choice, but you made me!

No no no no no no i retract my statement. Vickers, simply because of this:

Wikipedia said:
The weapon had a reputation for great solidity and reliability. Ian V. Hogg, in Weapons & War Machines, describes an action that took place in August, 1916, during which the British Army's 100th Company of the Machine Gun Corps fired their ten Vickers guns continuously for twelve hours. They fired a million rounds between them, using 100 new barrels, without a single breakdown. "It was this absolute foolproof reliability which endeared the Vickers to every British soldier who ever fired one."

:cool: now THAT is awesome

No no no no no no i retract my statement. Vickers, simply because of this:

:cool: now THAT is awesome

Indeed. But it was classified as a medium Machine Gun, and as such I will keep it in Service for now. But I could see a company-based system for Heavy Machine Guns, and for that the M2HB or Browning/Royal Small Arms .5 HMG as it is called in British Service is the best choice IMO, as it is air cooled.

Meh either or, both are wicked cool.

Why not one now, one a little later on? That pleases all

Company-based HMG system and vehicle mounts. THat's what I will use the M2 for. The Vickers stays as a squad-level machine gun but will be phased out in favour of the .5 variant, as they will be able to use the same ammo. ( In TTL they will be. )

Also: Klick me!

Indeed. But it was classified as a medium Machine Gun, and as such I will keep it in Service for now. But I could see a company-based system for Heavy Machine Guns, and for that the M2HB or Browning/Royal Small Arms .5 HMG as it is called in British Service is the best choice IMO, as it is air cooled.

So like I was trying to say, the 2 are used in different situations. ;) Here's a French HMG you can use if you are willing to sacrifice your pride for some hardware of awesomeness. :p

So like I was trying to say, the 2 are used in different situations. ;) Here's a French HMG you can use if you are willing to sacrifice your pride for some hardware of awesomeness. :p

Wrong calibre I'm afraid.... But let's just say that I know what France is up to post-1940.... :D

You know what video I could post in response to that, but I'm not sure that its legit or not.

For Squad LMGs, I'm a big fan of the Bren gun. It's Accurate and durable.
Maybe i just like the design, bloody Czech.

For Squad LMGs, I'm a big fan of the Bren gun. It's Accurate and durable.
Maybe i just like the design, bloody Czech.

Squad-level is the Bren and the Vickers, Company is the Browning.

Meh, as long as the gun kills people quickly and in large numbers, its fine by me....
Also if it has a tea dispenser attached its even better *statrs designing*

Finally caught up. Its great!

Lord Strange Meh. Each British Tank has a boiling vessel that can be used to make tea. No need to expose yourself to bullets.

Sir Humphrey Glad to hear that!