• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is then. The site has models for X-plane.

As for the Phatom, do you want that Her most Britannic Majesties Royal Navy buys aircraft from the godless Hethen communists? :angry

Gñé... Ya gocha.

Invade them and christianize them!

It is then. The site has models for X-plane.

As for the Phatom, do you want that Her most Britannic Majesties Royal Navy buys aircraft from the godless Hethen communists? :angry

Then I say her most Britannic Majesties RN should go buy some Super Etendards. :p A free statue of Holy Jesus Christ included with every fighter the RN buys. :D

I also want to ask this question: do you include stealthly designs for the ships you have for the RN?

Then I say her most Britannic Majesties RN should go buy some Super Etendards. :p A free statue of Holy Jesus Christ included with every fighter the RN buys. :D
Is the statue included so the pilots can make their peace with God before their inevitable fiery death as their awful plane is put out of it's misery?

I also want to ask this question: do you include stealthly designs for the ships you have for the RN?

French planes? NEVER!

Also :confused: @ stealthy designs.

Is the statue included so the pilots can make their peace with God before their inevitable fiery death as their awful plane is put out of it's misery?

French planes? NEVER!

Also :confused: @ stealthy designs.

The statues are for the pilots to pray that the Supreme French Awesomeness of the planes can compensate for their lack of piloting skills. :p (Hopefully the pilots of the Fleet Air Arm won't need them. :rofl:)

Stealthy designs as in the La Fayette class, or in the T45 if this make it easier for you to understand.

The statues are for the pilots to pray that the Supreme French Awesomeness of the planes can compensate for their lack of piloting skills. :p (Hopefully the pilots of the Fleet Air Arm won't need them. :rofl:)

Stealthy designs as in the La Fayette class, or in the T45 if this make it easier for you to understand.

Hmm dunno. The T45 is being built and it does have proper Anti-ship weapons though.

Hmm dunno. The T45 is being built and it does have proper Anti-ship weapons though.

Well then I should state that my Alsace design included the stealthy designs in the La Fayette in the OTL, including a more or less "clean" superstructure, and the use of radar absorbant materials. I'm pretty sure the T45 has these sort of stealthy design too in the OTL, but I'm not sure about the other ships you have in TTL.

Anti-ship weapons? Harpoons as in the OTL or Exocets? (let me remind you that the RN did use the Exocets until 2002) :p You can also go for the RBS-15 developed by the Swedes.

Last edited:
Well then I should state that my Alsace design included the stealthy designs in the La Fayette in the OTL, including a more or less "clean" superstructure, and the use of radar absorbant materials. I'm pretty sure the T45 has these sort of stealthy design too in the OTL, but I'm not sure about the other ships you have in TTL.

Anti-ship weapons? Harpoons as in the OTL or Exocets? (let me remind you that the RN did use the Exocets until 2002) :p You can also go for the RBS-15 developed by the Swedes.

As said, dunno. I haven't thought that far ahead. Yet.

I strongly suggest...no, I ORDER you to read this. Incredibly funny, albeight slightly improbable at times, and it concerns the RAF, so what are you waiting for? I recommend this on constant loop.

Ok, I've seen the video on youtube. Not bad to see the Red Arrows doing their job. ;) I also noticed some American Jets, Sukhoi, Mig, and the Typhoon. But where is my Rafale and Mirages!!! :mad: I declare that an airshow is no airshow without the Rafale and Mirages.

(Takes off while singing "Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Mirages" :cool:)

Chapter 113

Paraslounging.jpg

3rd June 1940, 07:10 AM

Rear areas of 6th Infantry Division, sector of A Company/2nd Battalion, 'South Wales Borderers' Regiment

The troops of the Regiment that was guarding this particular little village were slowly becoming bored. The 6th Division had been among the first to arrive in Belgium, and apart from the one Axis Air Raid, carried out by Czech Do-17 Bombers three days ago, they had only turned the abandoned houses into veritable fortresses. The Colonel of the Regiment had visited the position, and although the ordinary private did not know what had been talked, they knew that this peace couldn't last, especially after they had seen the face of the Captain. Although the South Wales Borderers were technically a Light Infantry Regiment, their equipment had been augmented, because the village commanded an intersection to the west that someone in the BEF staff at Mons thought was important. They were however determined to fight. The four Vickers Heavy Machine Guns that someone had 'found' at a local depot of the Royal Engineers were sited so that anyone trying to advance down the street would end up in a hailstorm of fire. The Company was dug in deep, if anything, the enemy Artillery was heavy, and they all feared it, as they had not seen the mile-long rows of guns that were behind the British lines. Some of the houses along the main road had been converted into veritable fortresses, with the windows and doors barricaded with whatever the occupants had left behind, and aided by the barbed wire that the British had brought with them.

One of the Welshmen there was Jonathan “Mac” Taylor, called so because he was 'no proper Welshman' but rather a third generation immigrant with Scottish heritage. In the rank of Bomardier, his background as a minor employee with the BBC had of Artillery director attached to the Company, meaning that he was following Captain Jones around wherever he went. Right now they were coming back from a 'most satisfactory' tour of the forward defences of the little village, where the houses were bristling with guns and soldiers. Over the village a church tower throned, giving the British Observers there a wide view of the countryside surrounding the village and the rest of the lines of the Regiment to both sides, with 1st Battalion to the north, and the rest of 2nd, along with 3rd to the south, keeping the connection to the 9th Indian Division on the other bank of the river as good as possible. To the north of the South Wales Borderers the 4th Indian was the other connection to the rest of the British Expeditionary Force. The Regiment was holding to only Bridgehead the Allies had on the eastern Bank of the Meuse in Belgium, which made this little Village a piece of prime real estate, as it was sitting on the only road through it, and also guarded the Bridge across. The Bridge, wired for demolition ever since the Colonel had demanded it, was one of the few in the area that were not yet blown, increasing the importance of this position even more. Mac also had a map in his pocket, a exact copy of the one in the Captain's pocket, with which he would call in with the Regimental Headquarters which would then call in Artillery fire from the Divisional Royal Artillery Brigade onto the targets. Almost all of the Divisional Artillery Brigades in the British Army were of the “Field” type, ie equipped with the 25pdr that would eventually become the bane of the Axis Armies during the war, even though the Royal Artillery Brigades were smaller than German or Soviet Artillery Brigades, having about eight to ten Batteries each, depending on the calibre of the Guns and the area where the Division was placed. In the BEF all Artillery Brigades had ten such batteries of 25pdrs, and the sheer volume of Fire that could be brought onto any single target made these guns a very potent Weapon. However, the first shots of the day were fired by someone not in service of the King. When the shells began falling inside the the village, three things happened. Firstly, the few British out on the streets dashed for cover and their stations, secondly someone raised the Union Flag on the church tower and thirdly, Jones ran back into the CP, with Mac trailing behind. He tossed his Officers cap into the cot where he was sleeping on and donned his Steel Helmet. “Well, Gentlemen, the fight is on it seems.”
“It's Ivans Sir, Infantry, and a bloody damn lot of the buggers too!” one of the lookouts yelled down and before the sentence was spoken, the shooting began. Dashing out into the still falling shells, Jones and Mac raced forward to the “trenches” where the Vickers were already clawing into the onrushing Soviets, cutting huge swaths of them down. Yet still they came, ignoring the mounting losses. They had about a mile of open country to cross, and had covered about half of it by the time they were spotted. The Soviet Artillery fire had stopped, obviously they wanted to take the Village there and then. Jones quickly thought and a second later Mac was busy calling down Emergency Artillery fire from the Divisional Brigade. Five miles behind the lines, the Artillery troopers slammed the breeches shut and waited for the order to fire. A single gun fired a ranging shot, and seconds later the High Explosive shell impacted behind the Soviet Infantry that had gone to ground about 150 yards from the British position and began to fire and manoeuvre towards their goal. “Down 50 and fire for effect!” The Soviets had not been alarmed at the single shell, probably mistaking it for a stray shell of their own, but there could be no mistaking the storm of Artillery that was coming down all over the Soviets that were assaulting the position of the Welsh Regiment. Apparently someone at Division had deemed this vital enough, and as Mac had not been the only observer to call in Emergency Fire, not only 'his' Battery fired, but also all nine others, covering the Soviets in explosives that were fired from one-hundred and twenty guns. The attack, which was about Brigade size, went on. The Soviets rose from their position and started a mad charge across the open countryside, probably hoping to get close enough to the British so that these had to stop the infernal carnage that the 25pdrs were making. When they were about thirty yards from the most forward British position, the house where Mac and the Captain were standing in, and then a second carnage began. The Vickers were joined by the lighter Bren Guns and the Lee Enfields. Mac worked the action of the Rifle he had grabbed from a wounded man as fast as he could, blindly shooting into the mass of the onrushing enemy. He did not bother to take aim, as any bullet fired was bound to hit something.

The world was reduced to his rifle, the ammo pouch and the mad mass of brown-clad men rushing ever closer and the mechanical process of working the action and pulling the trigger, surrounded by smoke, blood and the cries of the wounded and dieing* men on both sides. Only when the hammer clicked on an empty magazine did he notice that it was all over. The Soviets were retreating, harassed by the the occasional burst from a Vickers and some enterprising gun crews. “Good work, Lads, but they will be back.” Jones said to the men in the house. He replaced the Helmet he had lost somehow and Mac placed the rifle near the hole in the wall that he had been using. Back in the Command Post, Jones gathered what passed for a staff at Company level and said: “They will be back, Gentlemen, and next time they will bring heavier toys. Charles, how are we fixed for ammunition?” “Pretty good sir. We blasted away quite a bit though, more than expected.” “Losses?” “Ten wounded from minor to major wounds, all but two combat capable if needed and...three dead.” Jones nodded and said: “We got off lightly then. That won't hold though. Gentlemen, I don't have to remind you that Ivan will be back and maybe he will even bring his German friends this time, so be prepared.” This struck many of the Officers as overly cautious. Had they nod easily defeated the disorganized rabble that had been sent their way? But theirs was not to reason why. They had received their orders and were to carry them out, and that they did. A Company had indeed been the focus of the attack and it stood to reason that if the Axies really wanted the Bridge, they would attack here again, and would once again be repulsed by a combination of tenacity and Artillery Fire.

[Notes: I lost a few of the screenshots for this period when my computer conked out a few months ago, as you all might remember, so I am going by what little I still know and my notes. Also, I have been unable to find a definitive number of battalions for a British Army Regiment. Some have one, some have two, and some have three. For the sake of the Story, the SWBs are a three-battalion Regiment.]

*spelling on that please.

A tense ending to this chapter . Great way to build up for your next update XD I liked in particular the line that the world was reduced to his rifle . Really spoke to me about the ethos of these men and the times :D

Another great update Trek.

I do know that there were definitely 2 SWB battalions during WW2, but there may have been more. Battalions rarely served together, pre-war the first was out in the Empire whilst the second was training and recruiting at home (David Niven's autobiography wonderfully details this). In my AAR I focussed on the DLI, who had loads of battalions by the war's end.

But who cares? The story is great, and given the diversions from the real-life world you can have as many battalions as you like!

Last edited:
Good update! A ground combat chapter is just what was needed to bring the pace up! I wonder what they will come with next, T-34s?

that whole town setup reminded me of a certain film... :D obviously british strength of arms (not to mention dire russian tactics) carried the day this time.

canonized I've heard/read this quite a few times, and knowing how it is when you are really focused on something I think this is realisitc.

TheHyphenated1 Thank you on both!

Le Jones Thanks. Again, I figured the same thing, but mainly because it suits my needs and what I have in mind for the future.

Thomas Kenobi Dunno really. I will make it up as I go along.

BritishImperial I chose this regiment for a reason. :D

Tactics and strength of arms really saved the day, but against numbers it can only go so far.

I love these types of updates. :)

What film is that from?