• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, as a die-hard Bond Fan I need Ian alive for now. I can reveal he will make it, but for the rest of the investigation Felix will have to act alone, and that's why I did it. Other Characters though should check their insurance.

I had fallen a bit behind there, but that's alright because I get to read multiple updates. All of them were very good and I especially liked the last one. I hope that Felix will be able to get along alright with Ian out of commission for the time being.

lets just hope that felix is not one of those men who functions very well with a superior around, but falls to pieces when given all the responsibility himself.

lets just hope that felix is not one of those men who functions very well with a superior around, but falls to pieces when given all the responsibility himself.
Or the opposite, and functions even better alone, and shows Ian up! :D

Well, it's most certainly his big chance to proove both to himself and the chaps in London what he is made of.

ColossusCrusher&humancalculator&Faeelin Indeed. I often stated that I hate him.

I feel that Lord Halifax is not going to make a guest star intervention in this AAR. Perhaps at the other end of a firing squard?:D

I feel that Lord Halifax is not going to make a guest star intervention. Perhaps at the other end of a firing squard?:D

Who knows? All I can say is that if I were him I wouldn't bother with that country home for his retirement.

I'm feeling alot of anger toward Halifax. Any particular reason? Or do you just not like him?

I'm feeling alot of anger toward Halifax. Any particular reason? Or do you just not like him?

Read "The Kings first Minister", and generally anything about the appeasement in the 1930s.

Heya everyone. I'll try to get another update up before the new year, so wish me luck.

Heya everyone. I'll try to get another update up before the new year, so wish me luck.

Good luck to you. I actually want to get an update up before new year too, so it should be good luck to you and me. ;)

Happy 2009 from the Fatherland, everyone! Good luck for our loved ones and ourselves. Cheerio, chaps!

happy new year to you as well.

Thank you all. Update coming later today, promised. Its amlmost completely done.

Chapter 80

armstrongcohosp.jpg

Three Crosses Hospital, Halifax

After what seemed like days and weeks, but what hadn't been more than a couple of hours, Felix finally fell asleep in his chair. He had resisted all attempts by the staff to move him, or at least to take off his blood-stained Uniform. He had absently taken and thanked the nurse for the steaming hot cup of Coffee that she had offered him, but he had not moved. Felix was running through what had happened over and over again, looking for a spot where he could have done something different. If Ian actually died, he would never be able to live with it, not only because he would loose the Brother he had never had, but also because he did not want to do this to his sister again. He sipped on what had to be the 20th cup of Coffee he had had since Ian was shot, and once more glanced at the doors behind which Ian had disappeared. After a while Felix decided that such an approach was counter-productive. A small voice in the back of his mind still wondered why the authorities had not made themselves known yet. They had ringed up the local CSIS man before they had left this morning to confirm everything, and he was sure that the news of the shooting had spread to him already. All these thoughts however were interrupted when a tentative hand touched him at his shoulder and tried to awake him from what seemed a light sleep. Felix was suddenly wide awake and had half-drawn his gun before he remembered where he was. He looked up, and into the face of a slightly worried doctor. Suddenly a feeling of dread rose in his throat, and it must have shown on his face, because the first words on the lips of the doctor were: “The bullet missed the artery by mere inches, and went through. He lost a lot of blood, but if the wound doesn't get infected he should make it.” Relief flooded through Felix, and almost at once his mind returned to the task at hand. “What are his chances, doctor?” The doctor took of his rimmed glasses and proceeded to clean them thoughtfully. “I won't lie to you, Commander, he was on the brink of death, but barring any unforeseen circumstances, he should make it. It was lucky you got him here so quick. But Commander, we had to notify the authorities.” Felix only nodded. They were safe, as the CSIS had been most helpful when they had heard that MI6 suspected their southern neighbours.

“No problem at all, doctor.” The doctor nodded, and continued after a moment, leaning on the wall in a posture of exhaustion. With a rueful smile the doctor communicated his thanks and went back. It was good for him that this particular 'relative' had not asked to see his patient, educated, or at least experienced enough to know that it would be at least a few hours before the other Officer awoke. When he went back to the ICU he could already see several members of the RCMP approach the RN Officer. “Lieutenant Commander Leiter?” a civilian asked. “Colonel Sanders, CSIS. What the bloody hell happened?” In a few quick words Felix relayed what had occurred on that farm. Sanders nodded carefully, and it seemed to Felix as if he was contemplating what to do next. “I am going over the farm with a fine tooth comb. If you would care to join us, Commander, that would be greatly appreciated. I will leave a few of my constables here, in case there is some monkey business. I must ask you not to run off on your own though, the situation is tense enough as it is.” Felix nodded, with no intention of actually doing so. He would find what was behind all this, and no overweight beancounter would stop him doing so.

Two hours and a stop at the hotel station later three RCMP-marked cars pulled up at the farm. Felix, half-expecting another ambush, looked around wearily, but no more gunfire was encountered. The farm seemed to be utterly deserted, and when they left the cars Felix saw why. The house, where the shattered door was still in place, was surrounded by uniformed policemen. The Colonel approached the Sergeant in command and silently conversed him. Felix meanwhile went to inspect the hut opposite the door. Something about it was odd, and as he got closer he saw what it was, what he had missed in the chaos the last time he had been here. The hut was rickety, and seemingly close to falling down, and yet, the door and the lock on it seemed brand new. Sanders, who had finished talking ran over and asked: “What is it, Commander Leiter?” Felix re-adjusted his dark-blue Uniform hat and said: “There's something rather peculiar about this hut Colonel. It seems as if...” Sanders interrupted. “as if it were falling down any second, and yet, the door and the lock seem to be brand new.” With this, Sanders proved himself in the eyes of Felix, and together they cautiously went forward to inspect the door, not daring to touch it lest it be wired to some sort of 'nasty', meaning something that would explode when touched. After a while Felix at least, was satisfied that the risk was tolerable. He went through his pocket in the search for the hair needle he had borrowed from his sister a few years back and that he always carried with him. When he looked up at the Colonel for approval, after all, he needed his cooperation, Sanders only smirked and motioned him to go ahead. The lock itself was new but rather unspectacular, and after a few minutes the bolt clicked away and the door could be opened. Drawing his gun, Felix eased the door open, leaning on the wall beside it, just to make sure. He took a quick peek and the hut seemed to be just as deserted as the rest of the farm. He nodded to Sanders and slowly walked into the hut, looking around as he did so. While the hut may have been devoid of human life, it was crawling with all sorts of insects, that were moving all over the floor and the disused, rotting pieces of farm machinery leaning on the walls and lying on the floor.

Felix looked around, and much to his frustration there was nothing in here that would have warranted such a lock, or it still being locked for that matter, if it was still a temporary storage with the content removed. He took of his cap and scratched through his hair, something he often did these days. He was just about to turn around and re-join the others when once again something odd caught his eye. Maybe odd was an overstatement, but why had he not noticed the trapdoor earlier? Perhaps because it was hidden under a pile of dirt, hardly noticeable to the casual observer. He had almost missed it. He quickly went outside again, and called Sanders in. They quickly broke the lock open, and opened the trapdoor, revealing a large cellar of some sort with a ladder going down from the floor they were standing on. Felix was unable to see what was down there, so he borrowed Sanders' flashlight. He climbed down the ladder and turned on the light. “Well I'll be dammed....” Felix turned around and yelled back up: “Colonel, you should come down here and have a look at this!” When Sanders had climbed down the ladder, Felix had located the light switch and the cellar was bathed in a yellow-ish light, making the rows upon rows of shelves, filled with weapons, ammunition, explosives and generally everything you needed to equip a small army. Felix looked around, and immediately saw where the material had come from. He would have done so even without the massive flag in the background, as he knew these weapons all too well. He grabbed a rifle from a rack at the concrete wall and held it in front of the Colonel's face. “That, Sir, is a M1903 Springfield rifle, formerly standard issue for the United States Armed Forces of all sorts. Now, whoever is firstly, up to no good, because this is a whole lot of kit, secondly, he has contacts down south or to the black market, both of which we need to investigate.” “We, Commander?” Sanders asked, somewhat taken aback. “Indeed, Colonel.” Felix answered. “You, because this is definitely more than deer-hunting equipment here, and me because I want to know who shot my friend and because of the mission we were sent here on in the first place.” He became more agitated with each word, secretly hating himself for venting his anger on the unsuspecting Sanders, who only nodded with a rueful smile and said: “Well then, Lieutenant Commander Leiter, we are of course always glad to cooperate with British Intelligence.” After a while of inspecting the shelves around them he continued. “Of course only as long as we are not stepping on each others toes, that is the only condition that I have.”

[Game Notes: Now come on, do you really think a self-professed die-hard Bond fan would let his creator die? I mainly did this because I wanted Felix to be motivated, pissed off, and alone, all of which are pre-requisites for what I have in mind.]

Colonel Sanders...he better cook some good chicken. :)

Colonel Sanders...he better cook some good chicken. :)

i knew i'd heard the name before! :D

how do we know that Trekaddict isnt playing a terrible joke on us, and in fact Fleming's wounds wont become horribly infected??? eh? Though i have to admit i like this way better, i hate it when good people (and good book and film ideas) die.