• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heh, this is now the BRITISH EMPIRE!

Kurt_Steiner Who knows? :D

Lord Strange Yes indeed, good Sir!

Hmm, why does Putin sound familiar...:rolleyes:

ColossusCrusher said:
Hmm, why does Putin sound familiar...:rolleyes:

He is not related to THE Putin, but rather the Character from the book, i.e. Red October's political Officer.

trekaddict said:
He is not related to THE Putin, but rather the Character from the book, i.e. Red October's political Officer.
Yeah, but you should do something where Vladimir is born earlier and finds himself in the war. Maybe Medvedev can be his officer. :p

humancalculator said:
Yeah, but you should do something where Vladimir is born earlier and finds himself in the war. Maybe Medvedev can be his officer. :p

:rofl:

Well, maybe the Political Officer has a brother who will eventually push his son into the KGB... :D

trekaddict said:
:rofl:

Well, maybe the Political Officer has a brother who will eventually push his son into the KGB... :D
You should also have Sarkozy in the French army, and maybe a Hindu Osama Bin-laden in the Army in Singapore. ;) :rofl:

Naa. I guess Sarkozy isn't too experienced in running away and waving White Flags, so he won't join the Army. As for that other guy.. who knows. If Singapore comes under Japanese siege things are going to be interesting.

trekaddict said:
Naa. I guess Sarkozy isn't too experienced in running away and waving White Flags, so he won't join the Army. As for that other guy.. who knows. If Singapore comes under Japanese siege things are going to be interesting.
What prominent Frenchman today could be in their army back then? :confused:

humancalculator said:
What prominent Frenchman today could be in their army back then? :confused:

None probably. :p

Seriously, I am already so annoyed with teh French AI that I probably won't give them any major characters.

trekaddict said:
None probably. :p

Seriously, I am already so annoyed with teh French AI that I probably won't give them any major characters.
Putin and Medvedev are probably enough though. Maybe you could add some American's or Brits eventually, who knows.

Why not involve Godzilla?

Oh, wait, too goofy. :D

humancalculator Hmm. Perhaps. I wanted an ordinary Grunt in the Red Army as a character anyway.

ColossusCrusher Best I can give you are some Japanese talking about an obscure legend.

I have alot of work to do to catch up with this splendid AAR that I've fallen so far behind in.

And over 4000 posts now Trekaddict, I can only imagine.

TheEnlighted1 said:
I have alot of work to do to catch up with this splendid AAR that I've fallen so far behind in.

And over 4000 posts now Trekaddict, I can only imagine.

Glad to have you back, and I didn't really notice about the posts... :eek: I stopped counting when I hit 3000 for my custom avatar.

trekaddict said:

Haha I love it, its too true, the AI is firmly switched to 'surrender monkey'. Nice update, can't wait to see what the commies can do.
Wasnt it a German Merchant Raider that sunk the HMAS Perth?

Raaritsgozilla said:
Haha I love it, its too true, the AI is firmly switched to 'surrender monkey'. Nice update, can't wait to see what the commies can do.
Wasnt it a German Merchant Raider that sunk the HMAS Perth?

A German raider sank the HMAS Sydney, in fact the Kalinin is TTLs incarnation of that very raider.

trekaddict said:
A German raider sank the HMAS Sydney, in fact the Kalinin is TTLs incarnation of that very raider.
Ah but the Sydney did at least take the Kormoran with her, certainly not a material draw (I'd rather a cruiser than a commerce raider) but perhaps a strategic draw given the damage the raider had been doing.

Can the Royal Navy do better than their opposite numbers in the RAN did historically?

Hmmmm, i suggest we have a famous Belgian, oh wait there aren't any. Famous Frenchmen, this is the British Empire. We spit upon the French and if possible steal their colonies, (will we steal there colonies at some point?)

Lord Strange said:
Hmmmm, i suggest we have a famous Belgian, oh wait there aren't any.
After many drunken conversations I have assembled a short list to answer this common pub quiz question;
Jean Marc Bosman, of Bosman transfer fame
Adolphe Sax, inventor of the saxophone
Hercules Poirot, possibly slightly fictional.
Tintin, see above.
Jean Claude van Dammn, sadly not fictional at all.