• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Faeelin Well, that's what happens when I am bored.

humancalculator Thanks.

all Due to the impending arrival of the new Call of Duty and the new Bond Film the next update will be somewhat delayed. However, the next updates will set up the scene for the next major main plot line, once again surrounding our two intrepid heroes, and another one set in the Soviet Union.

El Pip said:
Depends how influential they are. ;) Alas though I suspect not, baring test pilots or people who can pull a great deal of strings.

Hmm. A special service unit perhaps? :D It's all very speculative for now, I will see where the story leads me.

I always thought that the 'Spit' was more successful against fighters than against bombers. Can't help thinking this each time the topic arises... :D Excellent update, althought I missed Squadron Leader Canfield. I'm a bitch, I know.

Kurt_Steiner said:
I always thought that the 'Spit' was more successful against fighters than against bombers. Can't help thinking this each time the topic arises... :D Excellent update, althought I missed Squadron Leader Canfield. I'm a bitch, I know.

He will make an appearance. I have plans for both him and Dashwood.

A question to the my ReadAARs. I have my own opinion on the topic, but I want to hear yours. To what extent is it prudent to RP units and attacks, i.e. can I write a long storyline about a daring Airraid by a fictional Squadron that never really happened in the game? Same goes for all Special Ops I think.

Uh. Shit. I just looked in here to see what this AAR was all about, read the Spitfire update and now I'm terrifed that I'll be hooked.
Good stuff, Trekaddict, I enjoyed that! Keep it up

Raaritsgozilla said:
Uh. Shit. I just looked in here to see what this AAR was all about, read the Spitfire update and now I'm terrifed that I'll be hooked.
Good stuff, Trekaddict, I enjoyed that! Keep it up

Thanks. :D

trekaddict said:
can I write a long storyline about a daring Airraid by a fictional Squadron that never really happened in the game? Same goes for all Special Ops I think.

god yes you can. its your aar, and anyway we have enough aars that just go completely by the book.

BritishImperial said:
god yes you can. its your aar, and anyway we have enough aars that just go completely by the book.

As I am a great fan of films like "Where Eagles dare", "The Eagle has landed" and generally all these films about such operations we will see several such.

trekaddict said:
As I am a great fan of films like "Where Eagles dare", "The Eagle has landed" and generally all these films about such operations we will see several such.

Yes, yes! And 633 Squadron! RP them all!

Le Jones said:
Yes, yes! And 633 Squadron! RP them all!

633 Squadron is already in, as a Spitfire unit. Other than that I can't help you. It's all so far away, the Brits are not desperate enough yet for such operations. :D

trekaddict said:
633 Squadron is already in, as a Spitfire unit. Other than that I can't help you. It's all so far away, the Brits are not desperate enough yet for such operations. :D

Yes - meant the whole Mosquito bombing raid thing having watched it on Sunday. But detailed adventures work! :D

Le Jones said:
Yes - meant the whole Mosquito bombing raid thing having watched it on Sunday. But detailed adventures work! :D

Well, unfortunately I can't fight the war with daring air and ground raids alone as much fun as that would be, but the TTL post-war film industry will have quite a few possible stories, that much I promise.

Of course you should make things up, though if your wavering you can always represent a series of attacks as one raid or multiple events as a single mission.

My own position is that the game is a results engine, giving me battle outcomes to write around (i.e. who won the campaign, which ships were sunk. The bare facts but not the whys and hows). The other use of course is as a source of random AI events to get me thinking or start new plots. ;)

El Pip said:
Of course you should make things up, though if your wavering you can always represent a series of attacks as one raid or multiple events as a single mission.

My own position is that the game is a results engine, giving me battle outcomes to write around (i.e. who won the campaign, which ships were sunk. The bare facts but not the whys and hows). The other use of course is as a source of random AI events to get me thinking or start new plots. ;)

Good, because I already have an idea... :D

Next week Germany will play against England in the World Cup qualifications. Go Germany!

trekaddict said:
I have my own opinion on the topic, but I want to hear yours. To what extent is it prudent to RP units and attacks, i.e. can I write a long storyline about a daring Airraid by a fictional Squadron that never really happened in the game? Same goes for all Special Ops I think.

Fine for me. You may add some cameo to spice it a bit :D

trekaddict said:
Next week Germany will play against England in the World Cup qualifications. Go Germany!

Germany have ZERO chance of a W!

richardpull83 said:
Germany have ZERO chance of a W!

You wish, Tommie! :D

I would say it's only a friendly, but playing Germany at football is like playing Australia at rugby (the proper kind) - it always matters that bit more.

Anyway I am confident that England will prevail, unless our Italian coach plays true to stereotype and decides to defect to the other side half way through. :)

El Pip said:
I would say it's only a friendly, but playing Germany at football is like playing Australia at rugby (the proper kind) - it always matters that bit more.

Anyway I am confident that England will prevail, unless our Italian coach plays true to stereotype and decides to defect to the other side half way through. :)

Well, this time you don't have hordes of Hurricanes and spits to defend you. :D