• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Eams said:
To be fair, Keith Moon was the worst of the lot; overdosing on rhinoceros tranquilizers and what have you.

trekaddict: does this mean that instead of a picture of a battleship in your next update you'll treat us to a few pictures of Lily?

:confused:

trekaddict said:
What, you haven't heard "Pictures of Lily", where the Who gives immortal advice on how to handle pubertal insomnia?

Eams said:
What, you haven't heard "Pictures of Lily", where the Who gives immortal advice on how to handle pubertal insomnia?

Oh right. :eek:o

I am starved for sleep atm, so I didn't get the reference.

And no, sorry. I haven't decided on a picture yet, as the Update isn't fully written yet.

This is my post #3000.

And I want this as my custom avatar:

fc5366c3.png

Enewald said:
Gratz!

You are catching my post count! :eek:

:D

Spammer! :eek:o

I tried not to spam and I think I mostely suceeded.

Congratulations.
Who Trivia, courtesy of Wikipeida: When Keith Moon died they found 32 pills in his stomach, most of them not even dissolved. O.O

ColossusCrusher said:
Congratulations.
Who Trivia, courtesy of Wikipeida: When Keith Moon died they found 32 pills in his stomach, most of them not even dissolved. O.O

:eek:

Chapter 35

7a31909c.jpg

Churchill inspecting a section of the Royal Marines Bermuda Regiment​

Bermuda

December 16th, 1938

The last two weeks had been hell on Earth for Churchill and his foreign Secretary. Countless meetings with countless representatives, some eager to get things to work, some more eager to get more power. It was particularly bad with the central African Colonies, where sometimes the representatives of one tribe refused to work with another, and threatened to sabotage the whole Empire plan with it. In between the two men also had lengthy discussions with the King, who had brought his family along for a well needed holiday. The King had been equally busy, giving audiences by the dozen, and all too often he heard the same complaints Churchill and Eden had to fight with. Still, so far everything had worked out and the Empire Plan was on its way. Clearing the main obstacles with India before the talks had even begun in earnest had proven to be a wise decision because Churchill doubted that he would have found the time and peace of mind to address them with the attention they had deserved. The INC leaders were now spending the time arguing for compromises with those who still refused to yield on one subject or another. For example the Singapore delegation still refused to open up its police forces for the natives and the Kuwait protectorate still was undecided about joining. The biggest remaining obstacle was however Palestine. Churchill remembered the time a few years back when he had travelled the Middle East to achieve some sort of peace agreement. And now.... Eden broke the silence in the room first. “At times like this I wish Lawrence were still alive.” Churchill nodded. T.E. Lawrence had played a major part in the agreement, and his efforts could have brought about something already, but unfortunately he had died in a motorcycle accident last year. “So, Anthony, any ideas?” the Prime Minister said, referring to the Palestine problem. “That, Winston is some problem allright. How about we build a wall around the whole bloody region and look in 20 years again if any one is still alive?” Churchill had his trademark grin on the face when he answered. “As tempting as that may be it is not possible.”

Both men proceeded to eat the dinner that had been interrupted by a Palestine Representative a few minutes before and after a while Eden said: “They fight about who gets Jerusalem, correct?” Churchill nodded and continued to eat the grilled fish on his plate. “So what if we say no one gets it and guarantee that both sides get free access to the holy sites?” Churchill looked up and said: “Sort of an international zone?” Eden nodded. “Under the direct supervision of some higher authority, maybe the local or Imperial Parliament or the Crown.” “They won't like this Anthony, both groups.” Eden agreed with a nod. “Still, better than give it to one of them and then have the other try to kill him for the next two-hundred years. I do not envy you though. They will go stark raving mad when I tell them.” “Who?” “Both.”
Both men laughed and continued to eat, enjoying the small time of peace and quiet before they had to get back into the fray. Churchill was about to meet the King and Queen to report about the progress so far and Eden had to tell the Palestine representatives about the new plan, and unlike Churchill he did not look forward to his next job. After a while Eden stood up and excused himself for the meeting.

Churchill on the other hand still had a few minutes to go before he was awaited in the Grand Hotel where the Royals had taken up residence. He decided to walk the about three kilometres to the Hotel instead of taking the car. Security was not a matter here as the garrison had recently been increased to a full Royal Marines Regiment. Churchill did not know it yet, but Bermuda would soon become the primary Royal Navy Base in the Western Atlantic, intended to guard the shipping lines to Canada. But in 1938 the Islands were still filled with serene tranquillity instead of concrete and Winston Churchill enjoyed the good weather and the overall good results of his work. If it all went on as planned for the next few days he would leave a lasting legacy behind, and that was definitely something to be proud of. The atmosphere in the 'Embassy District'. When he had last taken a leisurely walk through it it had been full of mistrust, apprehension and expectation. Now it was busy with worker bees scurrying around and the air smelled of the various native meals prepared everywhere. The route to the Grand Hotel took him past the Indian Embassy where the flag of the Dominion had been joined by the Union Flag, as a sign that the Indians would vote for the Treaty in its current form. It was an unspoken agreement that the Flag of the Union would be used as the Imperial Flag that would be flown on days like the Birthday of the Monarch and on Empire Day. He could see the Imperial Flag on many Embassies, and while he repeatedly greeted the patrolling Marines he took everything in. When arriving at the Grand Hotel the Marine Honour Guard just waved him through and he entered the building.

In a side room he could see the Princess of Wales playing some game or other, but the person he came to see was nowhere to be seen. He asked one of the butlers. “His Majesty is on the upper balcony with the Queen.” was the answer. The Prime Minister walked up the stairs to the highest floor of the hotel where he indeed found the King and Queen enjoying their late lunch. After the usual greetings and pleasantries were exchanged the Prime Minister and the Royals went down to business.

December 17th, 1938

Kiel Naval Base

Skorzeny still felt uncomfortable in his Wehrmacht, but the Admiral had insisted on it for their trip to Kiel. Skorzeny had already sworn himself that as soon as Pinie was over he would never again set foot into a Submarine, no matter what. When he had told the Admiral as much Canaris had simply laughed and remarked that Submariners were always a crazy bunch and that he was closer to them than his brethren in the Army. Now, after yet another drill aboard U-47 Skorzeny was finally deemed ready to go back to the camp to prepare his men for the trials they would have to go through themselves soon. He changed back into his field dress and entered the office where Canaris had camped out for the duration. Not surprisingly he found the Admiral reading something, this time what seemed to be a newspaper. “Sit down, Skorzeny.” Canaris shoved the paper to Skorzeny who picked it up, only to realize that it was yesterday's London Times. Skorzeny did not ponder where the head of the Abwehr had gotten this Newspaper but instead concentrated on the headline. “PM and King George VI to close Imperial Conference tomorrow – Palestine Problem finally solved.” The Admiral pointed a finger at the Paper. “That, Skorzeny is just about the worst thing that could happen to us in the long run. If the Britishers manage to get a hold of their Empire they might realize that things are boiling in Europe before we are ready.” Skorzeny was puzzled by the evidently worried Admiral. “But Sir, won't it take years before these things go into effect?” Canaris poured them both some Red wine from a bottle on his desk and said then: “That, my dear Otto, is a misconception. The Tommies have already started recruiting for their military among the colonials and according to our..sources these efforts are met with considerable enthusiasm. It seems that we can't pull the wool over the eyes of this Prime Minister as easily as with the previous one. It seems that the Führer was correct after all. Mr. Churchill is someone to be reckoned with.”

Somehow Skorzeny did not like the tone of the Admirals voice. “Sir, does that mean that Pinie is shifted to another target?” “No, Otto. Pinie will go forward as planned, but I fear that the consequences might not be as predictable as we might think.” “Yes, Sir.” Skorzeny leaned back, pondering what he had just heard.

[Game Effects: The Conference is nearing its end. As I think that the endless talks would have been a tad bit boring I jumped over most of it. The next update will probably contain the end of the conference, I am not sure yet. I will also freely admit now that I am a romantic Idealist, despite it all. Just for future reference. A cold war between a British-led Europe and a commie America would probably just be the reverse of what we knew, with the sea lanes and all simply going in the other direction and to Canada instead.]

Middle East has always been a problem *sigh*.

Enewald If he were still alive at this point Churchills problem would have been a lot easier to solve.

The Germans will not kill him, as the Empire still needs him. :D

Winner Yes, and as not everyone there used to be a british Protectorate the potential for trouble will be somewhat smaller than in OTL but its still there.

Otto Skorzeny should be living today...

...He's the most popular German character by far in all AARs, if only he knew.
Lawrence died a famous war hero, still alive he would have cemented a future for the Arab People eventually.
Posted in an epic thread *cheers.

There is always another option in Palestine...develop nukes and slag Jersusalem. :D
If there's no city there's no conflict. :p
Savage? Yes.
Despicable? Definitely.
Functional? Possibly. <shudders>

DISCLAIMER: This is 95% joke. :)

aww you should have let Lorrie live in this timeline :(

i still can't work out who they're going to kill. i've come up with another theory, so indulge me. Here's the plan: Hitler's going to kill Oswald Mosley and pin it on Churchill, thereby provoking a huge outrage amongst fascist supporters, who rise up and turn britain into a fascist state sympathetic to germany.

am i even slightly warm?

BritishImperial said:
i still can't work out who they're going to kill. i've come up with another theory, so indulge me. Here's the plan: Hitler's going to kill Oswald Mosley and pin it on Churchill, thereby provoking a huge outrage amongst fascist supporters, who rise up and turn britain into a fascist state sympathetic to germany.

am i even slightly warm?

About Adolphs intent yes, the target no. Sorry. :)

ColossusCrusher said:
If there's no city there's no conflict. :p

Lawrence's former associates would probably argue that you can have wars even without a single city around ! ;)

Skorzeny training with a British gun... opens up so many possibilities !

Now that was an update that smelled of sand and adventure... and which will make my own next update look like cheap plagiarism ! :eek:

TheEnlighted1 Well, I dunno. Skorzeny is good to use, but I haven't decided on his eventual fate yet.

And glad you like it.

BritishImperial Having him live would ahve made things too easy for Churchill and Eden.

Atlantic Friend Now now, that's what I should post in your thread... :D

So anyway, yes having him trian on Brit guns opens up possibilities, but Skorzeny won't have to do it a second time wether he lives or dies. I admit, having him rot in a British High Security prison at say Long Kesh or on the Isle of man his its apeals.

Spoiler alert. Highlight to read as ususal.