• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well if the Abrahmic religions are right he's going to somewhere warm.;)

If Dante's right he's going somewhere glacial.

It's a shame that ITTL Israel is yet to be, otherwise having a squad of Jewish soldiers flying the Star of David over the Reichstag will be the ultimate defeat of Nazism (as well as a cool-ass statue somewhere in Tel Aviv/Jerusalem).

Also, I was half-hoping to see Ian and Felix John Wick-ing their way out of the Fuhrerbunker.

Would Stalin consider cutting his losses and start negotiating? His allies were all dead and gone, he's still bogged down in Central Asia (?) and the Far East, and since the Allies aren't likely to go all the way to Moscow, there's a slight chance he can keep some of his earlier conquests.

Marc A

P.S. I've been writing a scene for my own TL for an alt-Monte Cassino. Whenever it's done, I'd be honoured to have your seal of approval before doing anything with it. After all, the main inspiration for my TL is AAO...

Would Stalin consider cutting his losses and start negotiating? His allies were all dead and gone, he's still bogged down in Central Asia (?) and the Far East, and since the Allies aren't likely to go all the way to Moscow, there's a slight chance he can keep some of his earlier conquests.

Stalin might consider doing so, but the Allies would tell him to fuck off. According to the AAO wiki, Borodino and Leningrad get nukes dropped on them.

A Tiger armed with a 7.5 cm gun and not the 8.8? No wonder the Boches got defeated.

And Felix Steiner turned down the SS and became a Fallschirmjaeger?

Long story short, any sort of deal that contains Stalin remaining in the Kremlin is dead on arrival. The Allies know he can't be trusted. They would prefer him dead, but would settle for him to serve at Her Majesty's pleasure for the remainder of his days.

As for Leningrad getting nuked, remember we're not talking megaton-range citybusters here, but something along the lines of Little Boy/Fat Man, so ~15 kilotons. Depending on where I end up dropping it, various sites might not get destroyed outright. Mind you, at the moment the plan is for the Aurora to be the aim point, so...

Kurty my friend, not Felix Steiner. Oh no. Not at all. I'm kinda disappointed you forgot a certain paratrooper officer who has a striking resemblance to one of the best British actors of all time... :D

A Tiger armed with a 7.5 cm gun and not the 8.8? No wonder the Boches got defeated.

This is totally not a brainfart on my part and instead a sign of this being an Alternate history story.

Kurty my friend, not Felix Steiner. Oh no. Not at all. I'm kinda disappointed you forgot a certain paratrooper officer who has a striking resemblance to one of the best British actors of all time... :D

Errr... Had I read Kurt and not Felix, you could be dissapointed, but not this time...

Bormann originally intended to reject this offer out of hand, but General der Fallschirmjäger Felix Steiner, the highest-ranking officer present after Dönitz was stuck in La Rochelle and the rest of the OKW had perished in Berlin, suggested, using his pistol as an encouragement, that those terms were not so bad after all, in a meeting that most people think must have been dramatic, but that Steiner later described as banal and over in less than two minutes.

Indeed. A Tiger should have its 8.8 no matter what, even thogh a long-barrelled 7.5cm-armed PZ IV can be a handful to deal with.
Indeed. A Tiger should also be insanely over-engineered, unreliable and more should be lost to running out of fuel / breakdowns / incompetence than enemy action.

Indeed. A Tiger should also be insanely over-engineered, unreliable and more should be lost to running out of fuel / breakdowns / incompetence than enemy action.

Well, if the Germans forced themselves to have simple and reliables designs... there would be from any other nation, but not Germans.

Okay, so the next chapter is well under way.

Excellent news. Looking forward to it. :)

Turns out, my idea didn't work, so I had to scrap it. It was supposed to have been a conversation between HM the Queen and the PM about Hitler's death, but she is very difficult to get right, something I don't want to do without. So for the moment I am giving up on that.

Instead, we're going to see 7th Armoured getting to field test a small piece of kit the boffins have cooked up...

X8CjDoU.jpg