• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 155

20th March 1941

Southern Quebec, on the road to Montreal

Montreal was, despite the claims by both sides, no-mans-land. Neither side fully controlled it, and neither side was willing to risk the sort of massive house-fighting any attempt to fully capture it would bring. The Canadians had the advantage of numbers and support by a large part of the population, while the rebels had the ability to melt just back into the countryside and the ( perceived ) support by the UAPR to the south, that dutifully made noise towards Ottawa and London to respect the will of the people. The Canadian Army was slowly beginning to build up to first fully secure Montreal and the roads leading north from it, as any advance towards Quebec City would be depending on them, never mind the fact that almost all of Canada's foreign trade was going through Montreal and the St.Lawrence river. That made Montreal just as important for the Canadians than for the rebels, which explains why the first moves by both sides were made here. Even though Quebec City blocked the river further north, clearing Montreal would ease the connection to Halifax and the rest of the Commonwealth.

The Canadian Army was still somewhat crippled as most of the Militia and Reserve units from Quebec had still not taken the oath, forcing Ottawa to rely on the regulars that were traditionally of low strength. Still, they had the advantage of equipment and by what passed for world opinion with the world as polarized as it was these days. The 5th Armoured Brigade was tasked with first probes into the area north of Montreal even though it's armoured components, namely two Regiments of Ram Is armed with a British-designed 75mm gun[1], were still on the way north, but the sparse railways were clogged with all sorts of military units that were moving from their usual positions in the south, so for the moment the 5th Armoured was instead a short Infantry Brigade, albeit reinforced by an Armoured Car Squadron. The Brigade was the only unit that was already able to move, the 1st Infantry was waiting for the 22nd Regiment, and therefore had Company-sized marching columns advancing north-east over a number of roads.

The rebels on the other hand had only light screening forces to the north of Montreal. High Command in Quebec City had never suffered from the illusion that Montreal could be really captured and held if the Canadians decided to do something about it before the much boosted militias from the north could arrive. Forcible conscription, opportunism and in the case of a misguided few ideological beliefs had swelled the numbers of the organized militias to roughly fifteen thousand, most of them concentrated in and around Quebec City, with small, independent groups roaming the countryside. The light screening forces to the immediate north of Montreal were some of the most apt and skilled fighters, some veterans of the Spanish Civil War. Their objective was to monitor and report and Canadian movements, and then to delay the same.

One of the Canadian Companies was had three old ex-British Lanchester 6x4 Armoured Cars that had been phased out of service in the United Kingdom and shipped to Canada pre-war. The turrets on the tops of the cars traversed left and right, covering the treeline that was roughly twenty or thirty yards from the side of the road and devoid of undergrowth this time of the year. Between them infantry marched in the mud and exhaust fumes left behind by the armoured cars. The troops were wrapped into thick woollen coats and had snow shoes on their feet, since the Canadian Army was the only Commonwealth Force that trained winter warfare. The tires of the cars were clad in snow chains, giving them some traction on the slippery ground and the heating inside was turned to maximum, which made the crews pity the poor sods in the Infantry. The road went straight ahead for several miles, the nearest bend in the road was near a small train station where the road was bent to cross the railway tracks and then resumed it's way north-east, eventually ending up near a small fishing village at the hind end of the world at the Arctic coast. They did therefore not look to closely at what was on the roadside.

Still one gunner saw something suspicious.

“Sergeant, what is that bump up there?” “Oh just a snow drift.” Suddenly a petrol-filled bottle shattered against the steel body of the car. A soaked piece of cloth had been stuffed into the mouth and set on fire, making sure that the petrol was also on fire, seeping into the car and burning the crew alive. This was the signal for the rest of the ambush force. Up ahead and roughly two-thirds the way down the column buried explosives made sure that no one was going anywhere fast and a hidden machine gun, aided by massive rifle fire began to cut down the surprised and scared Canadian troopers. The soldiers dove to the ground and took what cover they could, either by the Armoured Cars that fired blindly at the muzzleflashes in the treeline or behind some of the smaller snowdrifts at the immediate side of the road. Suddenly the shooting from the trees stopped and one after another the Canadian troopers stopped shooting. As they slowly rose from their cover and began to look around, twenty of them lay dead. The Captain in command of this company held his left arm to stem the flow of blood where a bullet fired from a Springfield rifle had hit as he dictated a message for his wireless operator. Within minutes word was back with Brigade HQ. Something heavier was needed. That day all other columns were attacked, all suffered losses, sometimes sever, sometimes light and were forced to halt and dig in where they were. The Generals that commanded the Brigade and the de jure 1st Canadian Armoured Division that in fact only consisted of the 5th, correctly suspected that the enemy had only light forces north of Montreal, but the string of failures and casualties of that day convinced them that they needed a different approach if Montreal was to be secured anytime soon. All units were ordered to hold their positions, dig in and await further orders. No one really suspected that the rebels would counter-attack, but one did not rise to higher command by taking chances. In war anything was possible.

Halifax Aerodrome, the same day

The singular Short S.26 currently at anchor here at the Aerodrome wore standard RAF camouflage, had followed the flight plan for the regular trans-atlantic run that had been kept up even after the fall of France and the men disembarking wore standard British Army uniforms and caps that showed that they were part of the Royal Artillery. The story was that they had been scheduled to help strengthen fire plans and Anti-Air artillery plans and positions on the southern border of Canada, but had been rerouted to Ottawa after the uprising. Not all of the twenty-eight were Officers, in fact most of them were other ranks. The highest-ranking was a Captain who did not say a word like the rest of them. The men boarded a bus that had been waiting for them nearby and motored off. The men still did not talk when the bus stopped at a nearby airfield just outside of Halifax where one of the rare and precious Canadian Dakotas was waiting. They boarded, and only then, under the roar of the engines and with the crew busy flying did they start to relax, and began to catch sleep despite the noise and the cramped conditions. When the plane took to the air after twenty minutes of waiting, the ease with which they fell asleep made clear that not only were they accustomed to this sort of travel, unusual enough in a time where transport aircraft were few, precious and to a large extent part of the Army Air Corps. But they weren't Royal Artillery men anyway. Under their RA uniforms, they all wore the standard Para battledress, and they all had the red Beret of the paras tucked away too. The regimental Badges of any of the normal para units were missing, as was the cap badge that was normally worn by them. Instead the badge they had on their caps was a 'winged dagger' with the motto of their true Regiment underneath:

'Who dares wins'

The SAS had come to Canada. It was not all of the Regiment, twenty-eight men was hard enough to slip in unnoticed as it was. Both Prime Ministers had agreed that Canada needed to deal with this all on her own, at least officially if those sitting on the fence about the uprising were to be kept from joining the rebels, and as it was more than likely that the Americans were involved to some degree any open British intervention might provoke an uneeded response, and would make the rebellion more threatening to British interests than Churchill wanted the UAPR to know. Washington was currently screaming it's head off about 'Canada's repressive measures against the will for freedom of a people' and if the pretext of an internal Canadian matter was to be maintained, then the involvement of the Regiment was to be kept secret at least until after the uprising was put down. Then no one cared what Washington thought, what with the Americans and the deteriorating situation in the Pacific. The Royal Artillery uniforms however were only to be their cover until they reached Ottawa. From then on they would wear their own uniforms, and officially be 'L Detachment, Canadian Paratrooper Battalion' to explain away their wings. But hopefully that thin cover would not be needed, as they were to arrive late at night, not leave their barracks until they had taken on what equipment the Canadian Army could provide. Then they would shipped to Montreal where they would partake in first clearing out the small pockets of Communist rebels before scouting ahead of the main Canadian advance, all in all an objective that lay within the normal responsibilities of the SAS, and Captain Malcom Drake and the rest of 12 Patrol wore the North Africa Campaign medals to prove it. Since being promoted to Captain Drake commanded No.6 Commando Wing. Colonel Stirling had not selected them for that though, but rather because they were the only Wing that had already completed the scheduled winter training in northern Scotland. Canada and Quebec were more snowy than Scotland, but the mechanisms and techniques stayed the same. 12 Patrol was still in it's original setup, having escaped the losses that had befallen some of the other patrols. Sergeant Turner was sitting to the opposite of him, with the others spread out all over the cramped interior of the plane. Drake was also fast asleep and only woke up when the tires of the undercarriage touched the cold and slippery tarmac of an RCAF base close to Ottawa. They disembarked, their small backs with the 'basics', namely their winter uniforms, any special Equipment the Canadians had no way of knowing about, some toiletries and personal effects, slung over their shoulders. They formed up into a loose marching column and walked over to yet another bus, this one, unlike the last one, with heating that actually worked. The ride was uneventful, their presence drowning in the comings and goings of military units. After passing a train full of medium tanks, the bus left the main road, crossed the railway tracks onto a muddy and barely cleared dirt path that led out of the city again. The houses had fallen behind and soon it was clear that they were nearing their destination. The bus once again left the main 'road' and followed a path that lead into and through a heavily wooded area until it came to a stop in the middle of a small clearing that was almost choke full with Nissen huts and a small rifle shooting range. The only other feature was a flagpole where the Canadian Ensign flew. The men disembarked and as soon as the last one was off, the bus left again, leaving the SAS troops to their own devices. Drake looked around until he spotted the combined Officers/Enlisted mess and directed his men there. “You wait inside, while I go and find whoever is in charge of this...camp.” With that he turned and left the execution of his orders to his Second in Command, Lieutenant Mc Millain, and walked towards a hut that was labelled with 'Offices'. He entered without bothering to knock and found the hut to be partitioned into several small cubby-hole sized compartments where apparently some Offices were located in.

He stopped in front of the door with 'Commanding Officer' on it and knocked. “Enter.” a voice said. Drake opened the door and stepped inside. In front of him a man wearing the uniform of a Captain of the Canadian Army was sitting on a metal chair in front of a desk that was several ammunition boxes with a piece of sheet metal atop, typing something into a cheap government issue typewriter. “Captain Drake, L Detachment, Canadian Paratrooper Battalion, reporting, Captain.” he said as he did not know how far the Canadian was in on everything. “You are from your own 22nd?” “Yes, Sir. Captain Malcom Drake.” “Sit down, Captain Drake.” With that Drake sat down and pulled out his beret from under the Royal Artillery field jacket. “There is nothing much for me to tell you, Drake. Winter Equipment, explosives, some of the wireless sets you wanted and all sorts of small arms,even though we couldn't get any Stens, so we gave you a shipment of these Australian Owens that came in a few weeks ago.” Drake nooded appreciatively. “Thank you very much, Captain.” The SAS had done away with it's own Stens after Colonel Stirling had somehow managed to reroute a shipment of 9mm Owens to Hereford instead of some backwater Army depot in Wales. “And Captain Drake, we really appreciate your help.”

[Notes: Of course this is nothing near a 'Nam level insurgency, but it will still get nasty.]

[1] Same gun that in OTL armed the Cromwell. The Ram is not based on the M3 Grant, but has been designed in Canada from the ground up since late 1939. It borrows some features from contemporary British and American designs though.

[2] As the SAS was formed pre-war and out of the 6th Airborne Division they are wearing the red berets for now. However, they won't by the end of the war. I have great plans for 22 SAS, and for some...reasons, the other non-SAS commando units wear Emerald grey instead.

[3] I may have written it somewhere already, but since the document is almost 360 pages by now even the search function is of limited use, so here come the SAS structure again:

Patrol>Commando>Regiment. Four man per patrol, seven patrols per Commando Wing ( in organizational terms a Company but much smaller ) with four combat Wings and a support Company that has Communication, Intelligence, Quartermaster and other troops. All in all, 112 Combat troops with fifty-ish support troops. The patrols and Commando Wings are irregularly numbered in order to disguise the exact structure and strength of the regiment before Whitehall as much as the enemy.

Malcom Drake? Oh me boyo... :D

Quebecoises, prepare to surrender. ASAP, before you get hurt.:rofl:

SAS! QUEBECQUOIS REBELLIONS! NAVAL ENGAGEMENTS!
Why did I have to be away for 2 weeks!

I really love this rebellion! GO QUEBEC!

But if I may say so, it's completely impossible with the social realities of quebec in the 40's to 1) be communist LOL, 2) choose Canada before their families. The only way you can expect that is by making the Church call for resistance either to communist or loyalist!

Kurt_Steiner Well, the poor fools don't know what they are in for.

Lord Strange More epicness coming up very soon. I start uni again in October, and I want that particular piece of awesome done before then.

General_Hoth The next sunday is 22nd March, so in the update after the next one we will see the standing of the Church. I can't reveal too much, but let's just say the reds aren't as popular as they might think.

And yes, I know the date because I have this website where you can look up which date was which day, back to the year 1582. Dunno how accurate that is, but I've been using it quite a few times. Also, wouldn't the francophone soldiers fight to liberate their families from the Communist Yoke?

I do hope British support extends beyond just a couple of dozen SAS men, formidable though they may be I do wonder just how much difference a tiny contingent can make against the mostly mobile irregular rebels.

If the rebels had much in the way of fixed bases and standard military organisation I could see a role (sabotage, recon, etc). But as just plain scouts they are somewhat over-qualified and lacking in numbers.

I await with interest how this all pans out. ;)

I do hope British support extends beyond just a couple of dozen SAS men, formidable though they may be I do wonder just how much difference a tiny contingent can make against the mostly mobile irregular rebels.

If the rebels had much in the way of fixed bases and standard military organisation I could see a role (sabotage, recon, etc). But as just plain scouts they are somewhat over-qualified and lacking in numbers.

I await with interest how this all pans out. ;)

Well, what was mentioned in the update is the plan... Who is to say it stays that way? :D The thing is though, with Market Garden being planned and more reinforcements going to the Far East ( more on that soon ) there isn't much the Brits can spare on such short notice.

I really love this rebellion! GO QUEBEC!

But if I may say so, it's completely impossible with the social realities of quebec in the 40's to 1) be communist LOL, 2) choose Canada before their families. The only way you can expect that is by making the Church call for resistance either to communist or loyalist!
1) Communist neighbor to the south plus the radical idea of reform a bit earlier (Dupplessis isn't there yet I beleive)
2) Trek already answered that one.
3) You should know your history about the Church pre-Dupplessis ;)
I....supervised....the updates, myself being a ....Quebecker, I'm pretty sure everything is at least plausible. I mean, think of the FLQ, they did alot of crap and didn't even have any support. Imagine if they had weapons supplied from the yanks!
Lastly, Go Canada, you bloody separatist! :p

1) Communist neighbor to the south plus the radical idea of reform a bit earlier (Dupplessis isn't there yet I beleive)
2) Trek already answered that one.
3) You should know your history about the Church pre-Dupplessis ;)
I....supervised....the updates, myself being a ....Quebecker, I'm pretty sure everything is at least plausible. I mean, think of the FLQ, they did alot of crap and didn't even have any support. Imagine if they had weapons supplied from the yanks!
Lastly, Go Canada, you bloody separatist! :p

Indeed, Go Canada!

This SAS led sneeky-stuff looks great. Was there any gameplay demonstration of this (ie use of Intel functions)?

This SAS led sneeky-stuff looks great. Was there any gameplay demonstration of this (ie use of Intel functions)?

None whatsoever. The mechanics of the world I created and the likelyhood of something like the uprising didn't become clear until I started writing and investing a lot of time, sweat and money into fleshing this world out more.

i found this AAR a month ago and i have read furiously in the first 2 weeks since i had found it to read this monster. just read the last one and i have to suggest you become an author and write books based on this game. you would be famous!

this may have came up but i swicthed to the index a while back: in the SAS just as in most special forces a force of 4 men is considered a squad not a patrol..unless it was changed afterward?

In the AAO-verse SAS it is. As far as I can tell the smallest organizational unit in the real life SAS is the troop.

And glad to have you aboard.

Chapter 156

United_States_Department_of_State_h.jpg

21st March 1941

Washington City

“...Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church in Quebec is still missing, presumed captured by the communist rebels in and around his home city of Quebec. High Church officials have therefore urged all loyal and christian Quebecoise to resist the rebellion at...” The wireless set was turned off at that, and the listener rose from his chair and walked out of the Office and the building. The Commissariat for National Defence and the Armed Forces was spread out over a massive complex of buildings all over Foggy Bottom in Washington, with the Number One Complex at 21st and C Street forming it's massive and secretive centre piece. The entire neighbourhood was now a military area, and only employee's and civilians with special permission were allowed to enter, a barbed wire fence and a wall spiked with shards of glass saw to that. Originally the building had been planned under the old United States Government, but after Washington had fallen to the liberating American People's Army, new minds had taken over and by 1940 the entire complex had been finished. Number One complex was the centre piece, but many other buildings housed the rest of the apparatus that was directing the American Military machine, from the Navy Commissariat to that of the American People's Air Force. The man however did not see the sights. He was wearing the uniform of the APA and the three golden chevrons of a Senior Sergeant of the American People's Army with pride and had only eyes and mind for his mission, his duty.[1] He quickly sprinted over the empty and dark street towards the building where his commanding Officer and the usual 'owner' of the Office was waiting. Just as he was about to produce his pass to get past the guards that controlled the comings and goings of this particular part of Foggy Bottom his commander came out and without a word walked towards the parking lot. The Senior Sergeant followed and and handed the papers he was holding to his commander as the letter entered the car and was about to drive off. He then ran around the old pre-war Dodge and entered on the driver's side. He managed to start the engine after the first try and the car moved off. The General Staff and CND flags on the fenders made sure that the car was only challenged when leaving the outer perimeter before turning into the streets of Washington Government area. It was still early in the morning so the many Government workers were only just beginning to filter out of the residential areas into the centre of town to where they worked, and the side walks and streets were full of them. This congestion was not aided by the very project that would fix the situation when it was finished, as many of the roads were currently unusable due to the massive construction works for the Washington Subway system.

The car circled around it because once again the plates, the flags and the implicated occupants made it easy to know that the car was going to somewhere important, therefore it was wise to make way. The atmosphere in the city was one of cautious optimism, despite the relations with Japan and the remnants and reminders of the civil war that were apparent everywhere. The Washington Monument still bore the black scars and bullet holes of that fateful day when some Government troops had tried to make a stand in the immediate area, the Lincoln Memorial was still a pile of rubble. Despite all their faults and their association with the former regime, these two men had done their share for the freedom of the people and therefore deserved to be remembered. Other than that few reminders of the war remained. Around the new 'Red House', the official resident of the Chairman, new buildings had been constructed to replace those destroyed or damaged during the Battle of the White House with the destroyed extension wing of the old treasury building replaced by a small war Memorial so that now at last the view from the Red House towards the Hall of the People's Assembly[2] was unobstructed again. But that was not the destination of the car in question. Instead it was driving towards a building that belonged to the People's Commissariat for Interior matters, where it entered the subterranean parking lot without stopping. The General left the car and walked up towards the meeting room where someone or other was waiting for him after quickly ordering him not to wait. The Senior Sergeant nodded and drove off. Outside he finally began doing his second job when he began to compile his next report in his mind. His other masters were incredibly nosy when it came to the daily workings of Washington. His handler had told him to include everything that might make it possible for his superiors to... god knew what. He did not care. As long as he was paid on time, he did not care what happened to the information he passed on. On his way back he passed the British Embassy, armed by Royal Marine Embassy guards and with the Union Flag proudly flying from the flagpole in the front yard. Traffic in front of the embassy was nearly absent, not because it was prohibited to go there, but more because most of the other buildings in that road were embassies and few Americans had regular business there. Washington still was the Government City it had been before the revolution, short of the British burning it again nothing would change that. Shortly before he re-entered the Foggy Bottom Complex, he stopped at a news stand where he bought a selection of papers as he usually did as a part of both his jobs. The General always wanted to read all of the newspapers that were printed in and around Washington these days and also because the stand was, without the knowledge of the owner a dead drop for the his handlers. He sat down on one of the nearby benches where he seemingly ordered the papers and in reality left a small roll of paper with micro prints on it, detailing the report that his commander was currently presenting to someone at this moment.

After about five minutes he rose again, entered the car and drove back to the Office. The next step in the chain was not his to perform. Instead a unknown person came and sat down on the same bench. When that person left, the small roll of paper was no longer there and on it's way to the British Embassy. There the paper was greeted with nervous expectations. Even though no one knew who the agent at the other end was, it was known the the Head of Station U ( UAPR ) that it had to be someone in the upper ranks of the CND because this source was reportedly very good. The material he or she had delivered today was something that both London and Ottawa would love to see. His cover was that of a clerk in the Embassies trade section, and as such he called the Canadian Embassy just down the road. “Charles? Yes, it's Gareth. Yes, she liked them. Now listen old boy, I have here the trade proposal we talked about last week at dinner. Yes, I have some new ideas on that, so if you could come over? Yes, perfect, old boy. See you in a minute.” He replaced the phone and leaned back in his chair. With code he had just told his Canadian counterpart that something ultra hot had come in and he needed to see it immediately. Charles soon arrived and read the report that Gareth had in the meantime blown up onto several pages of paper. “Bloody hell....” Charles said after he had read the report three times. “If that is true, we might have a sticky situation on our hands very soon, never mind the uprising.” “True enough. The main thing however is that we have to get this to our capitals as soon as possible. We can't afford to let this get out of hand. Not with the Battle still on.”

303_plane_picture1.jpg

The second half of this chapter is dedicated to the brave allied pilots that fought and died in the Battle of Britain, specifically No.303 Squadron, a polish unit and the most successful unit of the Battle.

The same day, somewhere over the North Sea

No fighter could fly the long curve over the North Sea, and the Me-110 Squadrons were needed to escort Axis bombers over the Channel and southern England. Down there the battle hung in the balance. The heavily outnumbered Royal Air Force knew what was at stake, knew that the Allied war effort and with it final victory depended on them. The attack currently underway was being carried out by three Squadrons of German He-111s in an effort to probe the British defences to the north and to divert assets to the north to ease the burden of those in the south. How had the commander of Luftflotte 5 at near Wilhelmshafen put it? “Not even a Spitfire can be in the South and North at the same time.” Still, it was not like the Luftwaffe to take any chances, and because of that the bombers were flying in a tight formation to provide the maximum amount of cover for each other. It was just dawning, and the still low light would help conceal their approach until they crossed the coast, or it would have had the British not extended the Chain Home system up to Scapa Flow, so that the raid was detected long before they crossed the coast. As soon as the intercept had been reported to group, No.303 Squadron had been scrambled. No.303 Squadron was just coming off a period of rest and refit in Scotland and was probably the most powerful Squadron in the Midlands at the moment even though it was three planes short, so only nine Aircraft launched, and one of the sections was a plane short as well. But the polish pilots were motivated enough, and had the record to prove it. They pushed their Spitfires to the limit in a frantic effort to gain the height and position they needed to pounce on the Germans with the greatest effect. The Germans crossed the coast near Mablethorpe, where the Observer Corps passed on their approach, type of planes and numbers to the RAF. They passed one of the local Chain Home stations without seeing it and then slightly deviated from their course in order to approach their target from an unexpected direction. The rising sun helped them conceal their approach.

The first warning about their presence was when one of the German bombers exploded in mid-air and two more went down with smoke and fire trailing behind them. Applying a lesson that British and Allied Airmen had first learned over the trenches of the First War, they came at the Germans out of the flying sun and peppered them with 20mm fire. The first German bomber, one of the Squadron commanders, exploded when a lucky shell hit one of the bombs in the bomb bay that promptly worked as advertised, and two-hundred eighty-seven pounds of mixed explosives detonated with a ferocious bang, blowing the entire Heinkel Bomber to tiny shreds of glass and metal. The Spitfires raced through the formation and only now did the stunned gunners open fire at the British aircraft. The Spitfires swung around and attacked again right into the teeth of the massed machine gun fire coming from the German bombers. The polish pilots ignored the rounds flying past them and ignored the rounds hitting their aircraft as they attacked again and again in an attempt to scatter the formation and kill as many Germans as possible. At this point the Germans began to drop their bombs at random, as the fainter hearted began to fear that the assault they were subjected to now was part of a greater ambush. They turned out to be wrong, but by the time No.303 Squadron turned away to refuel and rearm the Germans had lost ten of their number with five more limping home of which only one made it back to Germany. The ordeal of the rest, of those that had not yet dropped their bombs was not over. New squadrons took over, and during the entire journey to the target they were constantly under attack. When the fighters withdrew, heavy anti-aircraft artillery took over. During the entire bombing run on the target where the bombers had to fly slow and steady they were surrounded by the small black clouds of smoke and every now and then one of the Bombers was hit. Bombing accuracy was poor, and on the way out the fighters returned. Later that same day Luftflotte 5 needed a new commander and the bombing attacks over the North Sea were aborted. Overall the losses on both sides were rising. While the Soviets and to a lesser extent the Germans had massive reserves they could fall back on, in Britain pilots were the scarcest resource, and the expanded Empire Training Programme wasn't yet yielding the results needed. For the moment the Battle of Britain was hanging in the balance.

[Notes: We already know that the Americans are behind it, but as soon as the diplomatic courier can leave for Ottawa and London respectively, so will the Empire and Canada. It also gave me the opportunity to get into more detail about how Washington looks like.]

[1] I am essentially using a mix between the old US and the OTL Soviet post-war system. Remind me to type these down, because the American military will feature more in the future.

[2] The Capitol building.

Last edited:
Mmmh... me no like Washington.

Not at all.

It needs to be rebuilt from scratch. :D

And, of course, who said

"Repeat, please":D

Mmmh... me no like Washington.

Not at all.

It needs to be rebuilt from scratch. :D

And, of course, who said

"Repeat, please":D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That reminds me that I forgot the second picture!

Did you say Brtis burning down Washington? Sounds like a plan!
Also TALLY HO! Where were they trying to bomb?

ONE! The RAF is not a flying circus! etc etc etc...

Marvellous stuff. I love the way the tension in the air campaign is being described.