• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry, sorry, sorry. Thing is, real life was insanely busy, and much of my free time was dedicated to writing things for the Galaxy Far Far Away. HOWEVER! The next chapter is nearly done and will be posted within the next eight hours.

Trekaddict

No problem. As I say I've been away for a while. Would definitely like to see the AAR finished but primarily concerned you were OK. Great to see an update but RL takes a priority.

Having read the chapter it sounds like the Japanese are going to have a nasty awakening about the reliability of properly lead and treated Chinese forces, which will also boost the morale of the latter. Suspect there will be very few survivors of the Japanese occupation forces on Hanian. :)

Steve

Last edited:
The usual doublethink by the Japanese High Command doesn't help either.

No, my country will get what it deserves: Utter and total defeat followed by occupation.

what happen to the German and soviet navies are they still alive and do they have any impact on convoys

Barely functional and bottled up in the Baltic and Black Sea, if I recall correctly.

how long do you think it will take you to defeat the German-soviet alliance and what plans do you have for Russia? return of czar?break up into many countries?

Judging by trekaddict's previous comments in the thread and elsewhere - he has had a number of threads on AH sites based on the TL - the Soviets survive, albeit somewhat reduced prehaps. Basically Britain and its allies don't have the resources to crush it after defeating Germany and Japan. Especially with the continued threat from the communist US.

If you're not familiar with the terms AH = Alternative History, where assorted what if's are discussed and TL = Time Line, i,e. a description of events in such an alternative world.

Hope that helps

Steve

Judging by trekaddict's previous comments in the thread and elsewhere - he has had a number of threads on AH sites based on the TL - the Soviets survive, albeit somewhat reduced prehaps. Basically Britain and its allies don't have the resources to crush it after defeating Germany and Japan. Especially with the continued threat from the communist US.

If you're not familiar with the terms AH = Alternative History, where assorted what if's are discussed and TL = Time Line, i,e. a description of events in such an alternative world.

Hope that helps

Steve

THis pretty much. I think I've hinted at the fact that the British are about to experience a manpower crunch, albeit nothing near as bad as real life, so breaking up the USSR just isn't on the cards, even if London had any desire to do so.

I was thinking about this AAR and good ol' Trekkie yesterday and guess what...

Upon discovering what they thought was the British using Chinese as auxiliaries much like the Japanese practice, the commander of the 1st Guards tried to re-direct his attack against the 1st Chinese Infantry Division in order to scatter them much like it had happened time and again on the mainland. Everything from Lee-Enfield Rifles to 25pounder field artillery quickly ended that notion. However the push was by no means over....

This. Is. CHAI-NAHHHHHH!!!

It does make me wonder: who was the GOC of 1st Chinese Infantry Division? :D

Marc A

I've been wondering, how has the Soviet Union's naval buildup been doing so far? I imagine that without Operation Barbarossa, the Soviet Navy would have some new warships (such as the Project 71B/Project 72 fleet carriers, Sovetskiy Soyuz-class battleships, Kronshtadt-class battlecruisers, etc...) given that Stalin had a soft spot for the Navy that neither the Baldie, nor the Eyebrowed One had.

I've been wondering, how has the Soviet Union's naval buildup been doing so far? I imagine that without Operation Barbarossa, the Soviet Navy would have some new warships (such as the Project 71B/Project 72 fleet carriers, Sovetskiy Soyuz-class battleships, Kronshtadt-class battlecruisers, etc...) given that Stalin had a soft spot for the Navy that neither the Baldie, nor the Eyebrowed One had.

Judgeking

From what Trekaddict has said I don't think the game reflects such an interest by Stalin. Which might be more practical given their alliance with Germany as their not spending 2-3 years fighting for survival. Even so they have got into a big war with Japan/China as well as being on the losing side in the war with Britain so their probably got too much on their plate. Especially since to research enough for a capable fleet would probably require a hell of a lot of research slots they desperately need elsewhere.

Steve

I think that would more fit into a CORE mod game as Stalin DEFINITELY did want a truly spectacular fleet (Planned for 24 battleships} "Blue Water, Red Fleet" would be a good series of events but alas not here.

One of the limitations of the game, or indeed any game, if you put in some of the ridiculous decisions actual leaders made then players who didn't know the history would complain about a 'stupid' AI. And they'd be correct, because asking a shipbuilding industry that struggled with a mid-sized cruiser design to do 4 (let alone 24) 60,000 tonne battleships was a stupid decision. Particularly if you are a continental power with no overseas interests worthy of the name and are facing another large continental power who's leader has clearly and repeatedly expressed his desire to conqueror your country.

Reactions:
Indeed. What's more, the USSR at this moment can't really afford to build a Navy that they know will be sunk within minutes.

Whats even more, the next chapter is in the works.

Reactions:
Trekaddict

Just a thought. With the US and Russia being hostile and presumably the SEI being largely Japanese occupied where is Britain getting the oil from to maintain a massive military effort? I'm only familiar with AOD and never actually played Britain in that but I would have thought getting the oil to supply mobile forces would be a serious problem. Especially since while Germany and Russia have largely given up the naval war Britain still needs to supply forces in numerous theatres, as well as a large navy against the Japanese as well as the air and armoured forces its maintaining.

Steve