• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Strange Indeed they are. Tea is one of the reasons why India was included into the Empire in the first place. As for the Nuclear Cruisers, in the TTL 70s there was a "Nuclear Craze", i.e. it was tried to build an all-nuclear Navy. This failed of course.

Griffin.Gen Indeed. "Canada, America's hat". :D

Kurt_Steiner They are just terrible shots, thats all. Besides, I need the young ones music to keep my Sanity.

Le Jones Thank you! My next project is the King George VI Class Nuclear Carrier.

cool update, i think i forgot to say before. i always miss the film references :)mad:) so to me that was just an exciting little story. always good to know whats going on across the pond.

Lord Strange As for the Nuclear Cruisers, in the TTL 70s there was a "Nuclear Craze", i.e. it was tried to build an all-nuclear Navy. This failed of course.

Le Jones Thank you! My next project is the King George VI Class Nuclear Carrier.

The only "Nuclear Craze" that's successful is in France, haha. I'm sure you know that how much of France's electricity is generated by Nuclear power plants. :cool: I shall assuming that your "King George VI" Class will be based on the QE class. (which is not Nuclear-powered like the CDG :p)

About your County Class Cruiser, I do want to point out that it has a French made helicopter NH-90 on board. (well, yes it is actually made by France and pals :p) Explanations? :D

Anyways, nice update. However if Bernstein and co. crossed into Quebec I do want to quote the General's "Vive le Québec libre!" Sorry, Griffin.Gen, but I do side more with the seperatists. (I am some sort of a Gaullist I guess) And anyways Canada's PM Harper did say something about recognizing Quebec "as a nation within a naiton", although in a confusing way me think.
Harper_to_recognize_Quebec_as_nation_within_Canada

BritishImperial Bernstein is one of my three favourite composers. :) Once things in France have settled down one way or another, I will take a closer look at the relations there.

gaiasabre11 The King George VI class will be based on the OTL Nimitz class CVNs. :)

As for the NH90, in TTL Eurocopter will be without French participation. More on that much, much, much later. Possibly even after the war is over.

As for Quebec, the territorial integrity of the Dominion of Canada is sacred, sorry.

gaiasabre11
As for the NH90, in TTL Eurocopter will be without French participation. More on that much, much, much later. Possibly even after the war is over.

Well, I do have to let you know that Eurocopter is largely composed of what is former Aérospatiale. Furthermore, the HQ of Eurocopter is located in France. It is just soooooooo unfair to deny French participation. :mad: It makes more sense to me if you just use the Merlin instead of the NH90.

Well, I do have to let you know that Eurocopter is largely composed of what is former Aérospatiale. Furthermore, the HQ of Eurocopter is located in France. It is just soooooooo unfair to deny French participation. :mad: It makes more sense to me if you just use the Merlin instead of the NH90.

Eurocopter was perhaps the wrong name. What I wanted to say, the French will not participate in *insert TTL name*, neither will they in the Airbus Equivalent.

Eurocopter was perhaps the wrong name. What I wanted to say, the French will not participate in *insert TTL name*, neither will they in the Airbus Equivalent.

Ahhh, then I see a world of pure French dominance in the Aerospace industry with "FrenchCopter" and "FrenchAirbus", along with the good old Dassault, mwahahahaha. :p

Ahhh, then I see a world of pure French dominance in the Aerospace industry with "FrenchCopter" and "FrenchAirbus", along with the good old Dassault, mwahahahaha. :p

You men British dominance with de Havilland, Supermarine, Avro and Fairey? :D My timeline, you know.

You men British dominance with de Havilland, Supermarine, Avro and Fairey? :D My timeline, you know.

And Shorts, and Miles, and Hawker, and Handley Page - go on Sir! Britannia must rule the skies as well as the seas...

Well, you know that for a long time in OTL British aircraft dominates the drawing board, while French aircraft dominates the sky. :p (Somehow taunting you as in Monty Python and the Holy Grail has become somesort of a duty to me now, or are the French born to taunt Brits and Anglophile alike? :D)

And Shorts, and Miles, and Hawker, and Handley Page - go on Sir! Britannia must rule the skies as well as the seas...

Indeed. The latter will be subsidiaries of the former though. I posted only the bigger indenpendents.

Well, you know that for a long time in OTL British aircraft dominates the drawing board, while French aircraft dominates the sky. :p (Somehow taunting you as in Monty Python and the Holy Grail has become somesort of a duty to me now, or are the French born to taunt Brits and Anglophile alike? :D)

Probably.

The only "Nuclear Craze" that's successful is in France, haha. I'm sure you know that how much of France's electricity is generated by Nuclear power plants. :cool: I shall assuming that your "King George VI" Class will be based on the QE class. (which is not Nuclear-powered like the CDG :p)

About your County Class Cruiser, I do want to point out that it has a French made helicopter NH-90 on board. (well, yes it is actually made by France and pals :p) Explanations? :D

Anyways, nice update. However if Bernstein and co. crossed into Quebec I do want to quote the General's "Vive le Québec libre!" Sorry, Griffin.Gen, but I do side more with the seperatists. (I am some sort of a Gaullist I guess) And anyways Canada's PM Harper did say something about recognizing Quebec "as a nation within a naiton", although in a confusing way me think.
Harper_to_recognize_Quebec_as_nation_within_Canada

I think he crossed to New-Brunswick ;)
I'm actually not kidding, there aren't any Mounties here. Well a little, but we got our own Provincial Police (which has now a somewhat Fascist name) and the RCMP only intervenes once in a while (I guess with a Commie America their presence would be understandable).
Yup, Harper did recognize Quebec as a nation. But there is a difference with nation and Country. And he does mean WITHIN Canada.
trekaddict, you better write something about the bloody separatists! I mean, wouldn't it be a good idea to do something about the FLQ (Front de Libération du Québec), a communist movement bent on a independent and Communist Quebec. Wouldn't it be perfect to the plot? Commie America supplying them with weapons and supplies. Obviously with a communist neighbor, their influence must be great on the Quebecois.
Canada might be America's hat, but it's a Top Hat, Made in Britain :)

All I can say without spoiling is that we might visit this area of the world again. As for the RCMP, they are used as Border Guards since the refugees started to come in masses during the Civil War, and have greatly expanded in size. More than half of them are patroling the border near the population centres of both sides.

All I can say without spoiling is that we might visit this area of the world again. As for the RCMP, they are used as Border Guards since the refugees started to come in masses during the Civil War, and have greatly expanded in size. More than half of them are patroling the border near the population centres of both sides.
Ouch, they must be really overstretched. It's a really long border, is the British Empire helping the Mounties?

I think he crossed to New-Brunswick ;)
I'm actually not kidding, there aren't any Mounties here. Well a little, but we got our own Provincial Police (which has now a somewhat Fascist name) and the RCMP only intervenes once in a while (I guess with a Commie America their presence would be understandable).
Yup, Harper did recognize Quebec as a nation. But there is a difference with nation and Country. And he does mean WITHIN Canada.
trekaddict, you better write something about the bloody separatists! I mean, wouldn't it be a good idea to do something about the FLQ (Front de Libération du Québec), a communist movement bent on a independent and Communist Quebec. Wouldn't it be perfect to the plot? Commie America supplying them with weapons and supplies. Obviously with a communist neighbor, their influence must be great on the Quebecois.
Canada might be America's hat, but it's a Top Hat, Made in Britain :)

I do think that they crossed to New Brunswick too. Just saying "if". :cool:
I think Harper's "nation within a nation" is just an idea that is too vague, and he probably just wanted to boost Conservative support in Quebec.
trekaddict, if you are to write something about the FLQ, I suggest you look at this if you have not already done so October Crisis. Might help with your writing. ;) Personally I sympathize their cause but I don't agree with their actions.

I do think that they crossed to New Brunswick too. Just saying "if". :cool:
I think Harper's "nation within a nation" is just an idea that is too vague, and he probably just wanted to boost Conservative support in Quebec.
trekaddict, if you are to write something about the FLQ, I suggest you look at this if you have not already done so October Crisis. Might help with your writing. ;) Personally I sympathize their cause but I don't agree with their actions.
Not too hard to figure it out, was it? :rofl:
Just a question, are you actually thinking to keep writting even if WW2 is done?

Griffin.Gen They have been greatly expanded. As said, they only patrol the border near population centres. The rest is patrolled by motorized groups from the Army or not at all.

gaiasabre11 Thank you for the link. As it happens, Germany had it's very own home-grown terrorism movement at the time. I have no understanding at all for terrorists, no matter their cause. As for Quebec, they have been part of Canada for a long time now, I seriously doubt that there are that many who really want a seperate country. It's a bit like the SNP IMO.

Griffin.Gen I plan to write on a year at maximum, then do a follow-on AAR that will probably be History-book Style and detail the World in 2009. It would be posted in the HOI3 section by then probably.

gaiasabre11 Thank you for the link. As it happens, Germany had it's very own home-grown terrorism movement at the time. I have no understanding at all for terrorists, no matter their cause. As for Quebec, they have been part of Canada for a long time now, I seriously doubt that there are that many who really want a seperate country. It's a bit like the SNP IMO.

Well, actually quite a few Quebecois wanted full independence, or else there wouldn't have been two referendums being called dealing with Quebec's independence. Here's the link for the most recent one. 1995 Quebec ref

I think the main reasons for quite a few Quebecois to desire independence is because of economical reasons, not about historic reasons. For a long time in Quebec there is an English-speaking minority accounting for around 20% of the total population, while they control around 80% of the businesses. Needless to say the economic difference in the same province between English-speaking and French-speaking people is almost two times as great in terms of annual income. This is why the former Premier of Quebec Lesage said that Quebecois should be "Maitres chez nous", or "masters of our own house", and also why Quebecois wanted to have independence. True, Quebec had been part of Canada for a long time, (1867 if you want to start counting from the BNA act), but Quebecois' desire for independence mainly has economic roots, not historic roots. (Correct me if I'm wrong Griffin.Gen. I'm still not too confident with my Canadian history. :eek:o)

Oh, btw, my Alsace class 2000 edition is almost complete. Should send you an e-mail containing it in 24 hrs. ;)

Well, actually quite a few Quebecois wanted full independence, or else there wouldn't have been two referendums being called dealing with Quebec's independence. Here's the link for the most recent one. 1995 Quebec ref

I think the main reasons for quite a few Quebecois to desire independence is because of economical reasons, not about historic reasons. For a long time in Quebec there is an English-speaking minority accounting for around 20% of the total population, while they control around 80% of the businesses. Needless to say the economic difference in the same province between English-speaking and French-speaking people is almost two times as great in terms of annual income. This is why the former Premier of Quebec Lesage said that Quebecois should be "Maitres chez nous", or "masters of our own house", and also why Quebecois wanted to have independence. True, Quebec had been part of Canada for a long time, (1867 if you want to start counting from the BNA act), but Quebecois' desire for independence mainly has economic roots, not historic roots. (Correct me if I'm wrong Griffin.Gen. I'm still not too confident with my Canadian history. :eek:o)

Oh, btw, my Alsace class 2000 edition is almost complete. Should send you an e-mail containing it in 24 hrs. ;)
Very good, but the economic reasons have been fixed by the Liberals during the Révolution Tranquille (Quiet Revolution). That problem is not aroun anymore. It is historical and political. Did you know that Quebec never signed the Constitution? The greedy bastards demanded more autonomy with Quebec, which the other provinces refused.
The souvreignty movement is still going strong today.
By the way, Quebec was part of Canada since the BNAA, but it was a British Colony since 1769.