• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have y'all come up with some nice story bits for Texas? I got a few ideas I could suggest.
We haven't added anything new to Texas yet. Feel free to post your suggestions to this thread!

As a Mohawk lover of CK2 and AtE mod I just had to say that I'm so grateful you added Iroquoian culture. Bless you 9kbits
Thank you! I actually live in Upstate New York, which is what inspired me to add Iroquois culture to AtE.

Just added in a pull request to make the Cetic religion a little more Ascetic. (Gurus can no longer marry or inherit, Cetic rulers can use the "retire to monastery" decision)

Figured it works well for the flavor of California

Just added in a pull request to make the Cetic religion a little more Ascetic. (Gurus can no longer marry or inherit, Cetic rulers can use the "retire to monastery" decision)

Figured it works well for the flavor of California
We just started our Open Beta, so this may not make it into the first official release. Still, thank you so much for your work!

Also, if you want to help with the open beta, just visit our subreddit. Three guesses as to what the name is.

Another Texan here, I have quite a few ideas. Will be following.

We haven't added anything new to Texas yet. Feel free to post your suggestions to this thread!
Here's something I was using in my own personal thing that I posted before in the original thread:
So, is there any lore for the Texans aside from references? I decided to customize the nobility ranks a little to add some flavor in my own mod. I took inspiration from German titles in history on account of extensive German immigration into Texas in the 19th century and the rather warlike culture Texans have evolved to centuries after the Event, and thus came up with some rather simple feudal titles.

Burgraves & Burgravines (inspired by Burgrafs in German) rule over Burgs, i.e. baron-level castles.
Landgraves & Landgravines (inspired by Landgrafs in German, but holds not the authority of what was in the Holy Roman Empire) rule over Landgraviates, i.e. counties.
Margraves & Margravines (inspired by Markgraf in German) rule over Marches and is a duchy-level title. Historically, marches were often the contentious borderlands of the Holy Roman Empire, and I think it would be appropriately fitting to give the warlike Texans of After the End this sort of thing. However, at the same time, I didn't want independent duchy-level Texans to be called Margraves or Margravines, leading me to the next title.
Freegraves & Freegravines (inspired by Freigraf in German) rule over Texas kingdoms, otherwise known as Freeholds. Considering Texans are the most American of Americans, I thought it'd be rather appropriate to have freedom associate with the title as the original title in the Holy Roman Empire did not have that much power. Nevertheless, it fits with the naming schema I created here. Independent duchy-level Texans thus can have Petty Freeholds.

Personally, I like the -grave suffix. It reminds me of westerns and it's why I came up with it alongside the historical reasons. In any case, I just thought I'd share my fun with the others here.

Here's something I was using in my own personal thing that I posted before in the original thread:
I actually quite like those ideas. I also think that maybe more German names should be added into the Texan cultural name lists, to reflect the unique Texas German culture that dominated the state frontier in the 19th and 20th centuries, which isn't something you hear about everyday in modern times.

A few questions though, what about Emperor-tier titles? And what about republics/merchant republics (cities and higher), theocracies (temples and higher), or, if certain conditions happen causing this, nomad titles (Khagan-tier, Khan-tier, etc). And let's not forget about viceroy or councilor titles.

I actually quite like those ideas. I also think that maybe more German names should be added into the Texan cultural name lists, to reflect the unique Texas German culture that dominated the state frontier in the 19th and 20th centuries, which isn't something you hear about everyday in modern times.

A few questions though, what about Emperor-tier titles? And what about republics/merchant republics (cities and higher), theocracies (temples and higher), or, if certain conditions happen causing this, nomad titles (Khagan-tier, Khan-tier, etc). And let's not forget about viceroy or councilor titles.
There are two provinces with Detisch culture in Texas already, in the areas with the most German settlement.

We haven't added any custom localization for Texan realms, but we have added some Western-style localization for non-Native nomads - Khans are now called Lawmen, and Khagans are called Sheriffs.

I just wanted to say I am very glad ATE is being revived. I got my biggest crowds on Twitch while using this mod.I will be happy to beta test on stream if possible.
Feel free to! We're reaching a point that we're pretty happy with for v0.1 - we just need to make sure that there aren't any major bugs which we aren't yet aware of.

One other thing: I've added a few DLC-locked features to the mod. I'm not sure if we necessarily need to DLC lock this stuff, but I wanted to err on the side of caution.
Locked to RoI: Gurus and Reincarnation (for Pacific religions)
Locked to JD: Adopt Californian Imperialism (I'm not sure about this one, given that we've significantly altered both the government type itself and the decision to adopt it. Still, better safe than sorry.)
Locked to LoR: Imperial Reconquest CB for the Empire of America (gives a free CB for any land in the rough area of the 13 colonies)

I wonder if the Lone Star Empire couldn't br created only by people of Texan culture. It would make sense, it's a rather specific Empire tied with the land and embedded with Texan customs (contrary to say, California and Holy Columbian Confederacy, which are more the "Empire of the Cetic lords" and the "Empire of the Evangelical Church" and which both see themselves as something greater, while the Lone Star is much more firmly locally implanted )

I was also thinking, why not making the Holy Columbian Confederacy stronger but more instable ? After all, the HCC is supposed to be basically the HRE of AtE, so I say, let's push the logic to the end and strengthen the HCC by making it wider De Jure , but let's make it more instable by adding some mechanic of my favorite mod !

Thoses mechancs are fairly simple and are also present in HiP or CK 2+ I believe, it's a special trait reserved to the Emperor. It can make the position more challenging after a succession, and grant a real utility to the the evangelical religious head (especially if you add the option to claim the throne for a powerfull vassal if he has good relations with the religious head and the current Emperor does not).

I think it's changes everyone can get behind and that doesn't seem too complex to mod

I was also thinking, why not making the Holy Columbian Confederacy stronger but more instable ? After all, the HCC is supposed to be basically the HRE of AtE, so I say, let's push the logic to the end and strengthen the HCC by making it wider De Jure , but let's make it more instable by adding some mechanic of my favorite mod !

Thoses mechancs are fairly simple and are also present in HiP or CK 2+ I believe, it's a special trait reserved to the Emperor. It can make the position more challenging after a succession, and grant a real utility to the the evangelical religious head (especially if you add the option to claim the throne for a powerfull vassal if he has good relations with the religious head and the current Emperor does not).

I think it's changes everyone can get behind and that doesn't seem too complex to mod
I feel like that doesn't work so much with the HCC. Yes, the nation itself is close to the HRE, but its religion is closer to Orthodoxy, having a number of Pentarchs rather than a single religious head.

I feel like that doesn't work so much with the HCC. Yes, the nation itself is close to the HRE, but its religion is closer to Orthodoxy, having a number of Pentarchs rather than a single religious head.

Huuum, I don't know. Is the clergy submissive to the Emperor, Byzantium-like ? If this is not the case, you could just say that instead of just the religious head, the Emperor is crowned "in the name of the clergy", see what I mean ? Or just add a line so you need to have the consent of all of the "Pentarchs" or at least two of them (well that complicates things). The idea is to make the support of the clergy necessary to be stable, but I get what you mean

Huuum, I don't know. Is the clergy submissive to the Emperor, Byzantium-like ? If this is not the case, you could just say that instead of just the religious head, the Emperor is crowned "in the name of the clergy", see what I mean ? Or just add a line so you need to have the consent of all of the "Pentarchs" or at least two of them (well that complicates things). The idea is to make the support of the clergy necessary to be stable, but I get what you mean
The clergy is submissive to whoever they are a vassal of (The pentarch in Chapel hill will do what the Duke of the triangle wants before the Emperor, for example) I feel like making more pentarchs required would complicate things more than necessary. Either way, the point I'm arguing here is that with the Orthodox/Evangelical religions, the religious leaders are beholden to the secular rulers, rather than the other way around as with Catholicism.

The clergy is submissive to whoever they are a vassal of (The pentarch in Chapel hill will do what the Duke of the triangle wants before the Emperor, for example) I feel like making more pentarchs required would complicate things more than necessary. Either way, the point I'm arguing here is that with the Orthodox/Evangelical religions, the religious leaders are beholden to the secular rulers, rather than the other way around as with Catholicism.

When I talk about submissive I mean from a RP point of view of course. Weither or not the clergy of the HCC is a truly independant entity with political power or if it is a new form of Cesaropapism, after all it could have evolved after the Event, so that's what I am asking

Did anyone ever get around to adding remnants of the old world as Adventurers?

Heard at one point the idea was to have a few "bunkers" open up and "Space Station" people come down and pop in with extremely powerful units. The idea was that they still had guns and good equipment.. they'd randomly take some land and move out from there.

This was supposed to be some kinda like mid-tier event that'd happen randomly and would also be a chance for characters to take guns and gear from these old survivors.

I suppose its just a personal thing, but St.John's in Newfoundland should be both more developed and populous than the rest of the island. The majority of the population lives there, and it has most of the governmental and main religious buildings

When I talk about submissive I mean from a RP point of view of course. Weither or not the clergy of the HCC is a truly independant entity with political power or if it is a new form of Cesaropapism, after all it could have evolved after the Event, so that's what I am asking
I was also thinking from a RP point. I'm just saying that where the Holy Roman Emperor will swear loyalty to the Pope, the Evangelical Patriarch swears loyalty to the HCC Emperor. If there were a need for the Emperor to be crowned by the Patriarch, refusing to do so would probably be seen as treason, meaning the Patriarch would lose more legitimacy than the Emperor.