• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is good to hear! I'll be very interested to see what comes with the new efforts!

There is a submod, still on the workshop called During the End, which for all intents and purposes was more or less already worthy of being called a "fork" from the main mod in and of itself. The mechanics, setting, and graphics were all very different from the base mod, and I believe the only thing even completely original from AtE was the map! I even believe there was to be an effort to have the game itself gradually "develop" into the world of AtE (think the rise of the Yudkows, the formation of the post apocalyptic faiths, etc). It has since depreciated with the official updates, and the author has put the mod on hold, but I remember it being a very unique experience for CK2, perhaps the most unique mod I've played for the title.

The point is, it will be interesting to see what those in the community, who are interested have to offer! I have no doubt the mod is in good hands, just by having played 9K's Judaism submod. This is to say nothing of what other concerned parties may have to bring too.

Finally, at risk of sounding a bit winded; I'd like to the thank Olaf and his fellow modders for hosting, and cultivating a completely original setting for CK2, and gracefully allowing the community to continue their work upon it if interested.

So are we entering an Interregnum or something? I mean, I hope our glorious overmods are simply worn out from all the worldbuilding. Even so I have high hopes that future developments are in good hands till they've returned from sacking New Constantinople.

This is the news I wanted to hear today. I am anxious for the fruits of the fork team's labor.

Now that you have the mod team's relative approval, you could repost the thread on reddit and explain that you have obtained the approval of the team after discussion
I'd have to make it very clear that this is just a fan project, but I'll do that at some point

I made this some times ago. You can use it if you want.

Link to .dds: http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/UVWBzQWV/file.html
Or to .png if you don't trust me xD: https://i.imgur.com/yU4RhCp.png

I4SMP0K.png

Are we seriously arguing about permafrost?

Thank you, Ofaloaf. For all your great work, and also for this. Of my almost 1800 hours of CK2 (according to Steam), all but a few have been in AtE. It's been some ride, and I'm hopeful that there will be more fun to come. Also a big thank you to SteelyGlint and all others who have worked on this.

I don't want to sound too much like I am giving a eulogy, I hope some muse finds you all but absolutely understand how such things peter out, but it is an absolute tragedy to hear that. After the End is, without reservation, the single greatest Total Conversion that CKII has and I would be utterly floored if any ever managed to approach its level. There was a beautiful simplicity in how your Dev Teams managed to build a fantastic and fantastical world without needing to break the mechanics of the base game. I personally loved how you created such amazing stories told through the starting characters, histories, religions and cultures without making those elements too static or too niche.

But I think what I respect most about the Mod is the conviction the team has shown; it was clear you guys had a vision and would stick to it despite whatever pressure we adoring fans put on you to make something to be exactly what we'd want.

My only concern with others picking up the mod is not staying true to the spirit of the old mod team. I have seen a lot of ideas in this thread, some good, some not so good. Just don't want to see the only future versions of this mod become too reference-centric or other crazy ideas.

My only concern with others picking up the mod is not staying true to the spirit of the old mod team. I have seen a lot of ideas in this thread, some good, some not so good. Just don't want to see the only future versions of this mod become too reference-centric or other crazy ideas.
Then just focus on keeping the mod compatible with the latest version of CK2 and release new projects as sub-mods.

Why not go with the old Kaiserreich way, which was to put proposals, and have people vote on them when fleshed out and presented? Forum talk to help refine ideas. I mean I think most of us have an idea of what base AtE was about, and what goes in and doesn't, generally, so most of the good/unknown but good potential ideas would get through, and the outlandish ones either voted no, or helped to refine into something workable that fits. Just a thought.