• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ofaloaf

Content Designer
Paradox Staff
77 Badges
Feb 27, 2007
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
After the End - the second thread!

A total conversion mod for post-apocalyptic America- now with the South American side of the Caribbean!

Development of AtE has resumed! Please see AtE Fan Fork for the most up-to-date downloads and discussions.

lQS0HhQ.jpg

g2wBivQ.jpg

D1k96C0.jpg

yKdWVRu.jpg

Mediafire download for After the End ver. 0.9
(Changelog)
FIT FOR CK2 V.2.7 and MONKS & MYSTICS

links removed - Had a dad
CHECKSUM: You're on your own on this one
A MYSTERY FOR THE AGES?

Steam Group!

Installation
  1. Delete any previous versions of this mod.
  2. Download "After the End.zip".
  3. Unzip everything to to My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod (Windows) or Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod (Mac). If the "mod" folder does not exist, you should create it.
  4. Open Crusader Kings II and check "After the End" in the "Mods" section of the launcher.
  5. If you have Sunset Invasion, enable it and the "After the End - Sunset Invasion DLC" mod. This will not cause an Aztec invasion, but it will allow Native American faces to show properly.
  6. Similarly, if you have African Portraits, enable it and the "After the End - African Faces DLC" mod.
  7. The "After the End - Mongol Faces DLC" works on the same principle.

Frequently Asked Questions

So what's this all about then?
Jealous of the Old World having all the fun? Really wish you could be the lord of your hometown in Canada, America, Mexico or the Caribbean? Just looking for a different setting? This is the mod for you! This scenario allows you to play as a dude in North America and rampage/conquer/bring the True Faith to over 900 (and growing!) provinces!

After I downloaded the mod and started CK2, I see several "After the End" entries in the mod list. Which do I choose?
There's a base mod, called "After the End 0.9" (or whichever version is most recent), along with several ones listing DLC. Activate those DLC modules only if you have the relevant DLC! They're all used to add more diverse faces to the game, mostly. Even the Sunset Invasion module is there just to use the Aztec faces for Native Americans; the actual invasion events are still disabled.

Why are some parts of the map grey? Why can't I play there?
Sometimes provinces and bits of the map get added, but defined rulers aren't added in immediately. They'll be autogenerated upon game start for those areas, and you can save and reload to play as one of them, but otherwise, yeah, we'll get those bits filled with preset characters eventually.

THIS IS A POST-APOCALYPTIC SETTING? LET ME TELL YOU HOW I THINK LANGUAGES WILL EVOLVE OVER THE NEXT SIX CENT-
Whoa, hey, steady on there. Yeah, it's a post-apocalyptic setting, but that's mainly just an excuse to have knights and castles and stuff in North America. We're not really trying to make a serious and wholly accurate representation of what things would be like after an apocalyptic event happened. We're also trying to restrain ourselves and not go nuts with wacky silliness either, so don't start going on about how some pop culture reference needs its own kingdom implemented right now.

What's with [x] in [y region]? I don't get it.
We've tried making a lot of stuff make sense locally, or reference some aspect of local culture. A lot of the Upper Midwest, for example, is religiously Norse Pagan. This is due in part to local sports culture, and a strong Scandinavian heritage which seemed like a fun thing to riff on at the time.

Why isn't [x] in the mod? Why isn't [region y] on the map?
Would it surprise you to know that this is still a work-in-progress? We haven't actually finished the map yet, for one. We're open to design suggestions, but don't be disappointed if we don't incorporate everything anyone's brought up.

Why isn't this on Steam Workshop?
There's an upper filesize limit, and this mod is well beyond that for the time being.

Main Team:
Sam (aka notalbanian) (mad props for making and maintaining the old thread, and for getting the project on github in the first place)
Klonself
SteelyGlint
Celt de Brun
Shadeoses
thecookiemaster
Ofaloaf

Other Mod Content:
Clothing and headgear by the Game of Thrones mod team
Clothing and headgear by Crackdtoothgrin
Clothing and headgear by sifsilver and the CPRplus mod
Borders from Novus Graphicus by in heaven
Casus bellis from Project Balance, now part of HIP
Titular Empires from CK2+ (old version) by Wiz
Portraits from Chinese Portraits by rein005
More portraits from Lux Invicta by DarkReborn and others
Clothing and headgear from AGOT Congenital Overhail by LancelotLoire
Music from Kevin MacLeod, Purple Planet, and karshkov
Special thanks to blackninja9939, Lonhaldar, richvh, Groogy and Wiz for the many bugs they've helped fix.

Do you like submods? Who doesn't! If you're looking for some extra flavor for AtE, check out these dandy submods:
Woo! My man!

With that, here's what I've been able to gather:

Truckfeet's Sol Invicta Submod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/y6qepu6gdu83cof/sol+invicta+mod.rar - Small, simple submod which adds a random event that basically makes a random Sol Invicta duke a messianic figure. Event ID is invicti.1

Voltspark's Council of the Righteous Assembly: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w5o81g5cnqgiiso/Righteous+Assembly.rar - Adds what is essentially a college of cardinals for reformed revelationists, each cardinal has their own unique powers. Not one-hundred percent sure this one fully works still, as I haven't yet tried it, but it doesn't appear to cause any issues.

Ju44's Americanist Patrons Submod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/knlmy2fth99pkan/americanpatrons.zip - Small sub-mod which adds various patrons that Americanists can choose to follow.

9Kbits Judaism Submod: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ter-the-end-judaism-submod-v0-1_a-zip.302486/ - Speaks for itself, adds Judaism.

1930sman's Recently Updated Submod: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?attachments/ate-hodgepodge-rar.303828/ - Adds in various events, along with some adapted vanilla bits.

Dryhad's EU4 Converter Submod: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...fter-the-end-a-converter-mod-for-ate.1041331/ - Again, this speaks for itself.

Oh! And as a side note there's two sub-mods that aren't currently fully compatible, but are worthy of a mention. On the workshop is Sharks with Flare Gun's During the End which may possibly get updated, and there's also Sir Johnny's bookmark submod here which... sort of maybe works? http://www.mediafire.com/file/2yypnuro5u7bteb/After+The+End+-+Bookmarks.zip

Whoa check it out attached screenshots

View attachment 133849 View attachment 133850 View attachment 133851 View attachment 133852 View attachment 133853 View attachment 133854[/URL]

Attachments

• 20160313085908_1.jpg
    20160313085908_1.jpg
    530,8 KB · Views: 3.509
  • 20160313085127_1.jpg
    20160313085127_1.jpg
    622,9 KB · Views: 3.554
  • 20160313091026_1.jpg
    20160313091026_1.jpg
    539,1 KB · Views: 3.549
  • 20160313090114_1.jpg
    20160313090114_1.jpg
    480,2 KB · Views: 3.806
  • 20160313090340_1.jpg
    20160313090340_1.jpg
    542,5 KB · Views: 3.703
  • 20160313090022_1.jpg
    20160313090022_1.jpg
    495,6 KB · Views: 3.256
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Hail to the new thread! May it guide us into the future!

Reactions:
After the End of the old thread.

Reactions:
On the subject of Unique Buildings: I would be willing to do them to free up your resources.

A few Ideas I have:
Statue of Liberty (Manhattan) [Unbuilt]
Erie Canal (Multi-Province, Hudsonia) [Built]
Abbey of St. Leibowitz (St. Leibowitz) [Unbuilt]
'Parthenon' (Nashville) [Built]
Chapultepec Castle (Mexico) [Unbuilt]

Of course, there is the possibility of making unique buildings that are the Cities themselves.

Reactions:
On the subject of Unique Buildings: I would be willing to do them to free up your resources.

A few Ideas I have:

Of course, there is the possibility of making unique buildings that are the Cities themselves.

Once the map stretches to San Francisco then maybe we could consider also the Golden Gate ?

Reactions:
So, I downloaded the latest Mediafire version, and it crashes as soon as it's finished loading but before I see the map every time I try to start. I'm playing on a Mac, my game is patched to 2.3.2, I have all DLC except for unit packs and they're all 'on', and I'm following the installation instructions. I've experimented with disabling the 'X faces' minimods, with disabling Way of Life, and with using the Github version instead of the Mediafire version, to no avail. Version 0.3 (using the old 2.2.1 patch) worked just fine for me, so I speculate that whatever is causing the problem was introduced recently.

On a related note, this is one of my favorite mods for CK2. Keep up the good work!

A few Ideas I have:

I think Mount Rushmore is one of the best ideas for something that might still exist. It's already a holy site for the americanists. It should be able to be restored or defaced.

Reactions:
I seem to be having some trouble with the mediafire version of the file, my game is at the latest update and I have all of the DLC, but my game crashes a the "loading flags" portion of the loading screen, do you know a way around this?

Reactions:

A few Ideas I have:

A few suggestions of mine...
Hoover Dam (Vegas) [Built, but just provides minor defense, maybe culture spread]
Château Frontenac (Quebec City)
Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlán (Mexico) [Unbuilt, can only be rebuilt by Mictlantecs]