• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1st Contact

JWA3cZC.jpg

Stardate 2206.3.16 Today Consul Marvin Wright announced that the Progeny successfully made planetfall and had begun the process of disembarkation. The Colonial Authority, which will govern until a proper governor from Terra Nova is appointed, estimates 9 months before base camp is fully established at the landing site/capital of Athens.
OOC: I know I spelled Athena wrong, I corrected in game.

VxNPZBk.jpg

Stardate 2206.3.17 The Ministry of Communications and Republic Intelligence have issued a joint statement announcing that long range sensors on Athena have detected objects located in several nearby systems. Analysts at Republic Intelligence do not believe the objects to be spaceborn beings but question the public to not jump to conclusions as they seek to confirm the identity of the objects.

bKIkXJs.jpg

QZ0dLgJ.jpg

Stardate 2206.9.2 Republic Police would like to remind the public that the delegation from the Ix'dar Star Collective are not to disturbed. If the ambassador or his aids are approached or derogatory terms are used in their presence, you WILL be arrested, imprisoned and heavily fined. The Ambassador and his aids are to be shown the respect and honor that Humanity is known for across 2 galaxies.

kbIhfPv.jpg

Stardate 2206.9.4 Today Ambassador Xar'lac'de informed the Senate that all Republic shiping to the Collective will be halted as their intelligence community has uncovered evidence of espionage (which they assure they do not believe to be state sanctioned). Consul Marvin Wright has vowed to launch an investigation into the matter so that the issue can be resolved amicably. As a show of good faith, the Senate voted today to affirm the right of visa holding Collective citizens to continue traveling to Republic systems.

7PkXs9f.jpg

Stardate 2206.10.1 The Senate hereby announces the completion of the Ares Navy's newest vessel, the ARS Shining City. Operating under Scientific Command, the Shining City is a near replica of the Progeny. Scientific Command has yet to announce a target for the new colony ship but the rush of colonial applicants has already resulted in a 3 year waiting list.
XiSXhv3.jpg

Stardate 2207.2.6 The Colonial Authority on Athena has announced that Athens is now fully operational. Immigration from Terra Nova's crowded cities is expected to begin in earnest.

Looks like I was right. Instant contact (though I had to do a research project before I could talk to them) once I set up my colony. Tech crazy bugs apparently and not overly friendly though not hostile either.

As I said, I played tall before starting the AAR so I have a not unimpressive fleet if things get, uh, fun... I'm researching shields now and already have blue lasers so I suspect I'm more than a match for them if they try to be bullies.

Well, perhaps they may yet turn out ot be friends ... or subjects.

Subjects.... I like the wording of that.

Not sure unprovoked wars of conquest fit with Fanatic Libertarian. That being said, if they start something Humanity will end it.

Pirates are annoying. I'm about to go to war with them (both the civ centric and standalone, the bastards are hanging out together) so update after next will see some action.

Subscribed.

Droids, primitives and pirates, oh my!

UTpKECh.jpg

Stardate 2207.6.11 Today the Colonial Authority on Athena issued the Hazardous Labor Act. The act broadly stipulates worker safety standards in dangerous working conditions but it's most notable feature is a ban on all human labor in regards to mining, deep drill welling and large scale agricultural work. It is widely suspected that Ares Robotic Corporation lobbied the Colonial Authority for the ban as they were rewarded with an exclusive contract to provide Athena with droid workers a mere 2 hours after the act was announced.

odjqbgf.jpg

Stardate 2207.8.12 Earlier today representatives from the newly formed Ares Corporate Federation, notably dominated by Ares Robotics Corporation, announced the launch of a fleet of freighters intended to provide for the transportation of goods between Terra Nova, Athena and future colonies.

hLNDD7G.jpg

Stardate 2209.12.22 Republic Intelligence informs all civilian shipping traffic to avoid the Bowtin System. Several days ago a naval vessel operating under Scientific Command that has had its participation in the discovery classified encountered a number of orbital installations, including a primitive space station, above Bowtin IV. The naval vessel was able to avoid detection and Scientific Command declared a quarantine of the system while they evaluate their options. Any ships found in violation of the quarantine will be impounded and the crew arrested.

STqZFrV.jpg

PXg3nTr.jpg

Stardate 2210.3.7 High command has issued a piracy warning for all civilian shipping operating in the galactic south of Republic space. While the pirate threat has been known for some years, only recently has Republic activity brought the pirate threat into the public eye. High command has also placed all army, air and naval forces on high alert. Full mobilization is immanent as Consul Marvin Wright has declared a state of war between the Republic and the pirates following the unprovoked attack on a naval vessel operating under Scientific Command that was conducting a scientific survey of an uncharted system well within Republic space.

Pesky pirates are about to get their comeuppance I feel.

Given the size of your forces, the pirates are probably not going to last for long.

Those stupid pirates will get sent to the trash quite soon, I think.

First contact, robots, primitives and pirates, an excellent start so far.

Given the size of your forces, the pirates are probably not going to last for long.

IDK. The civ centric (seen attacking my science ship) yes. I smashed their fleet preAAR. The problem is there hanging out with the big boys. I'm going to have to deal with several 1k+ fleets (and stations on top of that) and I still haven't found the boss ship. I have a strategy but I may take a real beating.