• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DavidMK

Captain
56 Badges
Feb 17, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
"Once an outpost of the Terran Empire, Humanity's attempt to colonize a new galaxy was abandoned as a devastating war broke out in the Milky Way. The intrepid colonists of Terra Nova know not of what happened back home, only that supplies and new colonists slowed to a trickle as resources were diverted to the war effort and then stopped entirely. The last few waves of colonists thru the wormhole before the end bore ill news of the war and so the Empire was feared lost.

For a century the people of Terra Nova, led by the brave warriors of the Imperial Armed Forces sent to protect them, struggled to forge a new life without support. Now fully self-sufficient, Humanity once more looks to the stars."

This is the story of the Ares Republic, the last remnant of the FE level Terran Empire which once ruled all of the Milky Way until an extragalactic enemy cast them down. Will their lost colony reforge Humanity's greatness in a new galaxy or will more established powers cast down the upstarts? We will discover the answer in this, my 1st Stellaris AAR.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Interesting setting hmanity up as a sort od fallen empire.

Interesting setting hmanity up as a sort od fallen empire.

Not just RPing this either. Have FE buildings (props, not actual utilities sadly), stations and ships along with the 'Relic of the Past' trait that gives me a research boost and marks me as a former FE race. Gods I love the PI modding community, it makes the games so much more than they could ever be otherwise.

Interesting

Oh, this is quite interesting!

Will definitely be following! Good luck.

Cheers!

Due to work I probably won't have an update up until Wednesday But I've already played tall a bit (setting myself up as an isolated but established civ for the AAR) so I'll be starting the ARR with a fully developed homeworld and a number of mining operations in nearby systems. Based on how my borders look (flat instead of round) I expect to run into another spacefaring civ the moment I start colonizing so things could get interesting fast.

Mods:
AlphaMod and associated sub mods.
Civilian Trade
CoFH UI
Fallen Empire Ships and Stations
Milky Way Unleashed (Active but unused.)
Titan Laser
Ringworld Restoration
Ring World Start (Active but unused.)
Sol Unleashed (Active but unused.)
Stellar Expansion and associated sub mods.
Steller Policies
Svafa's Expanded Species Traits
Traits and Ethics

7SnVsma.jpg

The Ares Republic is a military republic, It's ethics are Fanatic Libertarian, Financ Militarist, Fanatic Individualist, Fanatic Expansionist and Culture.

tXevweE.jpg

Humans are the standard Quick Learners, Nomadic and Continental Preference. I've added Transgenic, Cisgenic, Natural Psionics, Organic Construction, Bioships and Relic of the Past.

Basically humans with some serious genetic engineering and biotech.

I sure, somewhere, Khan Noonien Singh approves

Heh, I have only tried one mod in Stellaris, and it's not been updated in several months. Playing vanilla myself. In contrast to HoI4 where I only play Kaiserreich and nothing else.:p So I have no idea what those mods do. How do they affect gameplay, other than adding traits?

Heh, I have only tried one mod in Stellaris, and it's not been updated in several months. Playing vanilla myself. In contrast to HoI4 where I only play Kaiserreich and nothing else.:p So I have no idea what those mods do. How do they affect gameplay, other than adding traits?

AlphaMod adds new governments, ethics, traits, species, etc.
Civilian Trade adds a new vassal (Civilian Traders) to any civ with the right edicts and colonies. It doesn't really do anything major, just adds ship traffic to make the map a bit more lively and gives a small economic boost to any world on a trade route.
CoFH UI just gives more variety to the UI you end up with when creating a civ.
Fallen Empire Ships and Stations allows you to play, visually, as a FE. This ARR wouldn't really work without it but it changes none of the functionality of the game.
Milky Way Unleashed eliminates the randomness of a game start by giving you the Milky Way. No more Sol in the Galactic core.
Titan Laser allows you to research every FE's favorite weapon.
Ringworld Restoration allows you to actually fix a damaged/destroyed ringworld that you own.
Ring World Start is pretty self explanatory.
Sol Unleashed is basicly the same as Milky Way Unleashed but only makes Sol and neighboring systems more realistic. The galaxy (unless also using Milky Way Unleashed) remains random.
Stellar Expansion and associated sub mods basically makes star systems more realistic and gives you more options for your civ. A lesser version of AlphaMod but taken together it really adds flavor to the game.
Steller Policies is self-explanatory.
Svafa's Expanded Species Traits is how I ended up with all of my cool traits. It also effectively gets rid of the trait costs allowing you to create any race you want. The AI can use it as well but you'll get an event at game start that lets you remove all the extra traits from the AI if you don't want to play fair.
Traits and Ethics has lots of overlap with the above but also adds new ethics and government types.

I sure, somewhere, Khan Noonien Singh approves

I've always rooted for Khan, in both versions of the movie. Dr. Bashir as well. I always viewed the Federation as backward in its thinking on the subject. So unfair to ban genetic engineering becuase of the Eugenics War but be cool with nukes after WW2, the Cold War and WW3.

And So It Begins

fcj2JqM.jpg

Stardate 2206.5.2 By order of the Ares Science Academy, all Ares Republic Ships are given a prime directive, to locate and survey any worlds capable of sustaining Human life. All other missions and tasks, unless of critical import (as in the case of combat conditions) are to take a secondary role until further notice. While High Command understands the importance of this new direction of naval resources, all commanders of warships are to understand that combat readiness is to maintained at normal levels. While the new prime directive dictates the large scale mission, military needs aboard ship are to be prioritized over scientific efforts if a logistical conflict arises.

Oq5YmOX.jpg

Stardate 2206.9.9 All naval and civilian ships are hereby advised by the Ares Science Acadamy of a new, spaceborne species that may be encountered in Republic controlled systems. Termed the Tiyanki, these strange beings are found to be extremely docile even upon provocation. Due to their exotic and non threatening nature these beings have been listed as Protected Species of Interest and all effort is to be made to not interfere with their natural activities. That being said they are large, slow moving (relative to most sublight shipping) objects that can, if in the same planetary system, pose a navigation hazard. As such Naval Command asks that all captains keep a watchful eye out, especially in proximity to gas and ice giants.

d1Snezg.jpg

Stardate 2206.12.1 The Senate hereby announces the completion of the Ares Navy's newest vessel, the ARS Progeny. Operating under Scientific Command, the Progeny is a large colony vessel based on old Terran designs. Consul Marvin Wright wishes the blessings of the gods upon the crew and passengers so that they may arrive safely at their new home and bring forth the long abandoned dream of Humanity's new home in a new Galaxy.

A colony already, eh? You waste no time!

And so the Ares Republic takes its first steps into the cosmos

No time to waste indeed.