• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sophianumg@mer

Major
66 Badges
May 5, 2006
  • Magicka 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
Hi! This is my first mod. It is not released yet, as I have only finished the map.

load1024kc8.jpg

As the title says, the mod deals with a timeline were something went wrong. In this mod, it went wrong for the allies.
Germany invaded England just after their victory in Dunkirk. The England campaign lasted half a year.
To deal with partisans, Scotland was released and North Ireland given to Ireland.

With England defeated, Hitler turned his attention to the USSR. With help of English volunteers, the Soviet army was defeated. In a peace agreement, Stalin had to secede all the lands west of the Ural. In this region, two German puppet states were formed, as well as a three-states alliance (Russia, Trans-Ural Republic and Don-Volga Union).
In the unstable USSR, Turkestan revolted and established the nation of Turkestan and Kazakstan, which became a puppet.

Europe

In China, Japan defeated Nationalist China forces. Seeing that Nat. China was being pushed into a corner, Communist China occupied remaining parts of Nat. China and practically all warlords.
The attack on Pearl Harbor came as a total surprise to the USA. Shocked by the attack, the USA declared war upon Japan. An alliance was formed between the USA, Australia, Brazil, New Zealand and Canada.
Now, the war in the Pacific rages on. With Japanese forces landed in Australia and crushing the last USA resistance in the Philippines, it is not sure which of both sides will win the war.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL:
- Timeline: 1945-1953
- Version: 1.2

FEATURES:
- A practically all-Axis Europe
- A decimated USSR with claims on all its former lands
- Many African colonies are released
- Decide who will dominate the Pacific, but beware! If you lose, the consequences will be horrible.
- Many new graphics (loadscreen, endscreen, flags)

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
- Events
- Leader files for Reichskommisariat Ostland, Volga-Don Union
- Placement of army units
- Skins (additionaly)
- AI Files

Please note: I'm open for ideas, suggestions etc., but I also have lots of homework, so it could take a while before the beta will be released

Last edited:
Looks fun, I hope it gets finished!

Is it that the African colonies revolted? Or are they Axis puppets? If the latter, you might want to give some attention to this:

afrikapc4.jpg

What's become of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa? (EDIT: Nevermind, I posted too excitedly and didn't even notice you mentioned what happened to Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Sorry.) And Switzerland? And what's up with the Middle East? That big brown country looks like it's disrupting things. :D The Low Countries look very divided as well.

As for the Ukraine .. are it and Georgia the same color, and if not, why are they occupying Georgia? :confused:

Any reasons for Spain and Portugal having not joined the Axis? I'd think Spain would've in exchange for the independent Morocco they didn't own, and that German occupied Gibraltar -- especially once Axis victory seemed to be a sure thing. And Portugal with light of British and Free French colonies up for grabs.

Is Egypt in the Axis? If so, why are they controlling the Suez and not a more major country like Germany or Italy? :eek:

I really hope the released colonies aren't in the Axis. Recolonizing Africa sounds just awesome.

The African colonies declared themselves independent when the UK surrendered. They are not in the Axis, but can join the Axis, Allies or Comintern (event).

You're right about the Suez Canal. I think I'll add it to Italy.

Nationalist Spain and Portugal are not in the Axis, but during a test game, I noticed the AI lets Spain and Portugal join the Axis within one month :D .

This is an overview of all European nations:

EUROPE:
- Germany
- The Netherlands
- Flandres
- Wallonia
- Vichy France
- Scotland
- Ireland
- Denmark
- Norway
- Sweden
- Finland
- Spain'
- Portugal
- Reichskommisariat Ostland (in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) (German puppet)
- Byelorussia (German puppet)
- Russia
- Ukraine
- Don-Volga Union
- Trans-Ural Republic
- Slovakia
- Hungary
- Switzerland
- Italy
- Slovenia
- Croatia
- Serbia
- Montenegro
- Romania
- Bulgaria
- Georgia
- Armenia
- Azerbadijan

The idea looks very interesting, but why don't you give Gabon, Cameroon and Central Africa to the remains of Free France. Congo could still be Belgium and Egypt could be an Italian puppet that also controls Sudan. You could also have a free Britain in the colonies or you could give them to a puppet UK. I would split the Arab fed and have Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen and give Kuwait to Iraq and the UAE to Oman or the Saudis, Besides that, all looks good beside the lack of a British puppet.

HKslan, is that my map? :D ;)

anyway i have some sugestions for your map. Switzerland would have been invaded, there are even plans (I mean they were shooting down GER planes) and divided. ENG would probally be apuppet and not under direct occupation from Germany. is egypt under Italian controll? and why is seuz under them aswell, and sudan, the would have that aswell, and is spain in axis? because they'd have gibraltor and morroco, and Hungary would probally have slovakia, and probally a serbian puppet

Thanx for the input!

I already considered putting Free France in the game. I didn't know where to put them in-game, but Cameroon, Gabon and Central Africa seem fine to me. I could also make an event in which these three nations form Free France.

England still exists. The government fled and formed the West Indies Union. This nation has Guyana, Goldcoast, All Caribbean Islands, Falkland, Jamaica and Belize.

My plan is to leave the Arab Union the way it is. I'm planning to make an event in which the nation plunges into civil war. All major nations can send aid, just like the original Spanish civil war.

Switzerland will not be invaded at the start of the game. An event will change that.

England will be released (as you guess) by event.

Egypt is neutral, but Suez is Italian, as the Italians demanded a safe passage to their colonies in East Africa.

I will make Slovakia part of Hungary.

And as said before, Spain is NOT in the Axis, but the AI lets Spain join the Axis.

just a couple more suggestions -
Gibraltor to Italy
island (corisca) above sardinia to Italy
kolding to ger
lenningrad to fin
the crimea might hav also gone to Ger, theres a long story about it somewhere, ill try to find it

Gigalocus said:
just a couple more suggestions -
Gibraltor to Italy
Seconded
Gigalocus said:
island (corisca) above sardinia to Italy
Might be reasonable though I don't know the history of Corisca enough to say if its realistic giving them the island.
Gigalocus said:
kolding to ger
Meh :)
Gigalocus said:
lenningrad to fin
Seconded
Gigalocus said:
the crimea might hav also gone to Ger, theres a long story about it somewhere, ill try to find it
Probably not that realistic

And is Germany supposed to control two provinces in Norway (very north and south-western coast) and parts of France (next to Flanders/Wallonia).

Also, It might be more realistic for Montegenero to be part of Italy, they already control the rest of the coast anyway so it would be realistic for them to control that provience anyway.

Kordo said:
Seconded

Might be reasonable though I don't know the history of Corisca enough to say if its realistic giving them the island.

Meh :)

Seconded

Probably not that realistic

And is Germany supposed to control two provinces in Norway (very north and south-western coast) and parts of France (next to Flanders/Wallonia).

Also, It might be more realistic for Montegenero to be part of Italy, they already control the rest of the coast anyway so it would be realistic for them to control that provience anyway.

montenegro was a puppet of ITA in the war. FACT: Germany has Documents of post Sov europe. And The crimea was a key want for Mr hitler, nice scenery i suppose :confused: i think corisca should go to italy because the map looks neater

Gigalocus said:
montenegro was a puppet of ITA in the war. FACT: Germany has Documents of post Sov europe. And The crimea was a key want for Mr hitler, nice scenery i suppose :confused: i think corisca should go to italy because the map looks neater

Fair enough. BTW, do you have any more info on this Crimea claim? I don't doubt you, I just haven't heard of this before.

And so that I don't seem like a complete thread-jacker, if you need any help testing this excellent MOD Sophianumg@mer, drop me a line when its being tested. Unfortunitly I don't have any skills when it comes to MOD'ing. Or at least the skills you need to finish this one.

Good luck and good job so far!

Gigalocus said:
HKslan, is that my map? :D ;)
Yeah. :D I hope you don't mind, I remembered it from the other thread.

With Gibraltar going to Italy, could there be an event pertaining to Spain joining the Axis that would allow it to go to Spain if they do join?

I wouldn't think Italy would've released Sudan as a puppet, it'd make better sense to me for it, Ethiopia and Libya to be linked up as Italian colonies. And if Egypt isn't under their direct influence, I don't see why it exists :D

What's the story behing the Congo? And the East African Union? And Cameroon, and etc.? Going by that map (THAT GIGALOCUS FOUND :D) that I posted, Germany clearly wants said territories under her control.

Would it be possible, playing as Spain, to conquer that independent Morocco? It would bother me intensely. :(

Gibraltar to Italy - Great idea! Hitler saw Italy as the sucessor of the Roman Empire, so that fits well.

Corsica to Italy - Nah, Italy never possessed that island.

Kolding to Germany - Why didn't I think of that? *slaps forehead*

Leningrad to Finland - Not a good idea, as it is the capital of Russia. Finland never wanted it.

Crimea to Germany - :confused: Why?

Those two provinces in Norway are German marine bases.

Montenegro is a Italian puppet, so it will stay on the map.

WHAT I WILL DO:

- Give Gibraltar to Italy (there is an event where Italy wants to restore the Roman Empire, so it claims eastern Spain and declares war on it)
- Give Kolding to Germany
- Instead of Corsica, I'll give Savoy to Italy
- I'll change Cameroon, Gabon and Central Africa to Free France
- Post an Asia screenie :D

Ladies and gentlepeople, I present to you: Asia!

Countries:

- Japan
- Commie China
- Nationalist China (really small Japanese puppet)
- Manchukuo (Japanese puppet)
- Mengkukuo (Japanese puppet)
- Soviet Union
- Mongolia
- Sinkiang
- Kazakhstan (Turkestan puppet)
- Turkestan
- Persia
- Afghanistan
- Pakistan
- India
- Burma
- Tibet
- Nepal
- Bhutan
- Siam
- Kuwait
- Iraq
- Arab Federation
- Oman

As you can see in the screenie, Spain just loves to join the Axis.

spainalliancevn8.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT I'VE CHANGED SO FAR:

- The changes announced in a previous post
- Made an event in which England becomes independent from Germany

increase i missed it, what with germanies possiens in africa, and switzerland, p.s how come menguko (inner mongolia) doesnt controll all of mongolia?
anyway, if you need any help i can do some events and research (techs and people) :eek: :rolleyes:

Bleh, I just realized that this mod is for HOI2: DD which I don't currently own. :(

I might be still able to do some basic OOB for some countries since the mod I was working on keeps crashing my computer and therefore is dead........

Just give me the relative size of their military (any info on focuses of land vs air or tanks vs infantry would also be appreciated, their provience id's along with some idea of their relations with their neighbors and I can do at least a rough draft for you (or someone else) to finish at a later date.

Sophianumg@mer said:
Crimea to Germany - :confused: Why?

excited about this mod, to improve historical/ashistorical help Ici:

... Yes, Hitler intended to directly rule Crimea, to raise "Citrus fruit" and sugar. It was to be the third reich's colonial holding.

"Plans to expel the inhabitants of Crimea and colonize it with Tyrolian Germans were finalized in July 1942, though not implemented (Dallin, pp. 255-257)."

http://www.cyberussr.com/rus/revision-hitler.html

Last edited:
Gigalocus said:
increase i missed it, what with germanies possiens in africa, and switzerland, p.s how come menguko (inner mongolia) doesnt controll all of mongolia?
anyway, if you need any help i can do some events and research (techs and people) :eek: :rolleyes:

I suggest you read my previous posts :rolleyes:

Germany has no colonial possesions in Africa, but the player can colonize it himself.

Switzerland is neutral.

Mengkukuo never was at war with Mongolia, so it doesn't own all of Mongolia.

Thanks for all the help offers. If you want to help, PM me your MSN-adress and I'll contact you as soon as possible.

PS. The Crimea idea has convinced me, so I'll put it in the mod