• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

r0n1n76

Sergeant
43 Badges
Apr 26, 2018
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka 2
  • Ancient Space
  • Empire of Sin
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • BATTLETECH
  • Knights of Honor
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • War of the Roses
  • Surviving Mars
Cant wait for Heavy Metal and I'm really glad we dont have to wait till december..... but I'm worried about my favourite franchise.

What comes next? Will there be a battletech 2? If so, what era would it cover? Would we still be playing as mercs?

I recently downloaded the Battletech Chaos Campaign succession wars PDF for the Tabletop game, The included campaign had the player create a company sized force(12 mechs ranging from assaults to lights) and then threw a bunch of tracks(battles) at them. With the completion of each track a new branch in the campaign dependent on the success or not in the previous battle.

My wish for Battletech 2 would be :
1 - Clan era
2 - A campaign map or campaign run along the lines of the Chaos Campaign system at company level

Upvote 0
I might also want to be able to field such assets myself. I would not mind to have some tanks at my disposal. Sure, this might develop into another game, but yet, it would make me feel more like a merc - like in my field manuals as nearly every merc company or regiment has these as they are rather cheap yet effective in the right hands.

I really would love to see clips of Twitch streamers reacting to the Saladin moving out of nowhere and slamming AC/20 shells into someone's flank/back. No, seriously.
Some of my worst TT moments involve Saladins. Their movement combined with the AC20 is quite vicious.

Some of my worst TT moments involve Saladins. Their movement combined with the AC20 is quite vicious.

It's one of three priority targets. SRM Carriers and LRM Carriers reached that list after seeing how my brother would use them for some fun times. Demolishers are a bit slow to really climb that list, unlike in HBS' game.

That said? Liao-variant Condors would be another nightmare. Who lets a hovercraft have that much armor?!

I remember that time at megamek where one player had a star-league tech VTOL as rare pick - with 3025 mech/tech around. He dominated the games with it. It was only an ER Large Laser, but nearly indestructible. That time I served as kind of quartermaster repairing other guys' mechs and acting as store for stuff too valuable to be scrapped. My faction (Marik) got me to build a lance to specifically counter it with 2 Partisan Tanks w/ AC/2 (Flak) and some other fun stuff I cannot remember. In the end I punched off its rotor in melee as last-ditch effort. I lost my lance but still mission accomplished as vehicle kills are permanent.
Ahh, the old times 'n' stories. But that said: vehicles ARE fun.

But that said: vehicles ARE fun.

Just tabletop:
My Priam Company threads the line between "wealth of great massive 'Mechs" and "multi-role profiles to get the job done", by design. The primary lance is an Orion, Warhammer, BattleMaster, and Valkyrie; secondary lance is a Black Knight, Victor, Centurion, and a second Warhammer. These are the two who do the major combat tasks, with a third Lance for such work being assembled so the unit can stand against a proverbial crapstorm ready to descend. I tend to use a pair of Liao Condors backed by a Manticore and two LRM Carriers as combat vehicle forces for Priam Company's more active combat missions. I also use a lighter Lance, "Pegasus Lance", for more scouting/speed detail. (Wolfhound, Commando, Griffin, and Jenner) A pair of standard Condors and a Scimitar (until its untimely death being cored through the back) were used as vehicle support. Looking at issuing them a Scorpion LRM tank as fire support, as it would be fast enough to keep up.

My brother, well, as I said - he discovered two things with regards to vehicles. First, they're cheap if you have a guaranteed source; otherwise they're a pain to replace. Secondly, missles are expensive but when firing in bulk they produce nice results. His weapons of choice are, however, Schrek PPC Carriers ("Awesome on treads"), SRM Carriers ("Hell in a Box") and LRM Carriers ("Reach out and kill someone"). He also hit on the armor-variant Behemoth as a fricking genius defensive unit, due to the absurd punishment it can both take and dish out.

We have a load of fun playing with the vehicles out of the "unabridged" 3039 RS. However, in this game, there are issues involved with vehicles where I'd prefer to not be having to handle them personally as budget items. Too fragile in this game, and I daresay would cause power creep which could result in players getting to the "I'm bored with walking through missions" point faster. (If the vehicles were sufficiently inexpensive? It becomes a viable option to throw cheap vehicles to draw OpFor attention while 'Mechs sweep in. If they're too expensive, or the crews can be leveled up, they risk falling into "too good to use". This is without noting they would cut into the bottom line margin significantly - if it is significant enough, people just wouldn't use them.)

BATTLETECH Development by HBS will be Mission-complete with the release of Free Update 1.9 in late February.

LONG LIVE OUR BATTLETECH MODDING COMMUNITY! :bow:

Last edited:
I cannot help the fact, that I am sad now. I hoped for longer evolution of the game once the franchise was in able hands after years of juridical shenanigans which hindered BT to get to its full glory while other systems prospered. Although I did not think of CK2 continuity like 8 years, some year or 2 and 2 DLC more would have brought more satisfaction. So it feels kind of unfinished and while the modding community will gladly step in to fill the gaps...I feel this is still the responsibility to evolve the game to richness is at the official developers. Certainly, we have to view this from an entrepreneur's view. How much money to put into development for what gains. Frankly, as a fan I do not care about this. I acknowledge, that there are limits, but I cannot help to state, that I feel unfulfilled. Too many designs missing, for our 4-mech 'company' no vehicles, no second lance, no infantry...list could go on. The things realized are nice, without question, but the result - with announcement of 'mission complete' it leaves a stale taste in my mouth. Yes, mission complete, but no extra or bonus goals reached in my book.

At least, I still might want to thank for the things accomplished.

@DocDesastro, while my BattleTech heart is right there with you, I believe BATTLETECH’s Success and Paradox’s backing has set HBS on path that will span the next 10-years PLUS of amazing games...

...and in the long run when I wholeheartedly believe Mitch and HBS returns to the BattleTech franchise, I just know for a “Stone Cold Smoke Jaguar” certainty, they’ll do so as a bigger, more talented, more capable Studio.

These next 3, 4 maybe even 5 years will see us lean HEAVILY on our Modding Community, but I just know that @LadyAlekto, @bloodydoves, @CWolfs, @Amechwarrior and all our Marvelous Modders are up to the task.

HBS has reason to be proud.

And we have an awesome Big and Stompy BattleTech Computer Game. The best EVER in my opinion. #micdrop

And best of all, HBS is poised to be an even better Game Development Studio moving forward and through the 2020’s.

The future ain’t just bright, it’s Bigger and Stompier than ever before. :bow:

BATTLETECH Development by HBS will be Mission-complete with the release of Free Update 1.9 in late February.
That is a disappointment, but not a huge surprise. Adding substantially more to BATTLETECH would probably require substantial changes to a lot of systems.

I'm hopeful for another game in the Battletech universe at some point. I'd love to see a larger scale game of some sort. :)

That is a disappointment, but not a huge surprise. Adding substantially more to BATTLETECH would probably require substantial changes to a lot of systems.

I'm hopeful for another game in the Battletech universe at some point. I'd love to see a larger scale game of some sort. :)
I am willing to bet you’ll be right... in the 3, 4, 5 or more year range. :bow:

The problem is likely engine-based than anything. HSB might be rightfully taking the step to make the next game with a new engine based on this one to make it more viable for larger units on-map.
From the very start back in BATTLETECH Kickstarter, Jordan spoke of wanting the second BATTLETECH game to be its own “take” on BattleTech and to approach it from a different perspective.

Your “larger units on-map” would be quite the different perspective... and one that in my opinion is better able to take advantage of the larger scale of the Fourth Succession War.

I like this course of reseaoning. : )