• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wellington

Captain
57 Badges
Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I am rather new to this mod and have only played 30 some hours as Germany. I have looked through the forum and just wonder if anyone on this forum has played through a full game with the 70.7 version? I am thinking of them who more or less has finished the game and won/lost.
I am wondering if this mod haves better than AoD? I was just forced to declare war on Norway March 9, 1940. In reality it happend April 9, and that made me a bit reluctant. Does anyone have some experience to share so I and probably many others can decide wether to start a campaign and hope to finish in an reasonable historical way?

Yours
Wellington

Hmm hard to say what you are trying to say there.

Are you looking for a mod that follow 100% history whit every battle and so on dont think any mods like that. As there will be nothing to play in a mod thats decided from start to end?

Can you be bit more precice on what you are looking from mod?

For event CORE has bit some ahistorical choices, but follow's "historical" route moust of the time.

For example on Norway there is option for never to invade by events or follow historical path in events you are not limited to only historical path.

If i understand correctly what you are looking for is?: a mod that will give you win in poland & frace and then a loss in russia?

In my oppinion you can do that in eny hoi game and any mod by shooting yourself in the leg like the hitler did by interfering whit the war effort. Soviets does not get super extra mega boosts like it does get in some mods. On Ai Germany vs Ai Soviets Germany may win some times but fails more often.

Thanks a lot for replying. No, i am not hoping to exactly copying the war. I try to find out what I can expect from the game. I have played AoD and Darkest Hour for countless hours and have seem strange things. 70 Britsh divisions in Egypt not attacking the Italians when at war. Japan never attacking the US and such gamebreaking things.

It's a rather timeconsuming game so knowing what to expect and hence what options to choose is critical, for me at least, for starting a new campaign with end date in 1946

Ah ok. Ill give you few thing what to expect more in the morning.

First on Italy and afrika, this willl generaly go in eng's favor, but will deppend on Germanys sub warfare. If Germany has weak submarine force italy will generaly get kicked out of afrika fast, if very strong and i do mean very strong, italy can take hold of alot of afrika, but generaly will start to get pushed back at some point.

On very ahistorical things there are very few as ai generaly will next to always take histoorical choice(90%+ or so), what you can expect is to go off and have impact is the 38 party rally for ger and the following Trety of Munich. This may get the few variation on about hmm one in 20 or so game. They include German non agression(no sudet), Fasists Czechoslovakia > alliance. Other ahistorical paths are very rare.

On japan not seen a game where jap does not attack usa it may delay(jan feb latest) or do it bit earlyer (late summer(rare)).

Also number one mather is manpower its done very differently(mobilisation by events(manpower & manpower growth).

Biggest proplems for germany & europe axis include metal and manpower shortages, rare's can be proplem but fixed by synt mat plants. There are ways to fix both proplems but at a cost as usual.

Anyway if you got more question ill reply in the morning.

Excellent! Thanks a lot. Excactly the things I needed to know more about. Is it many of those events where a country is forced to declare war on for instance Norway? As Germany had to do? I think that is a bit annyoing but on the other hand force players that don't know history well onto a historical path...

What about SU? Are they balanced towards Germany?

I have discovered the events with new divisions and find that interesting. The weakness is that it is not reported in advanced and so it's impossible to know about and to take into consideration when prioritizing what to produce. I like events though and the additonal spice it gives a game.

Since you seem to have good experience in this game, would you recommend some factions above others because it makes the game mor interesting, more realistic/balanced?

On forced war declarations germany will get just 3 in total they are:

Molotov-> Poland(Last chance for peace event)

Denmark & Norway (Altmark insident)
Yugoslavia:
Afther joining axis yugoslavia gets at some point a coup event that usualy forces it out of axis, and will popup a event whit regarding war whit yugoslavia.
In all events in CORE the top is the one that will lead on historical path.
2nd option in all above events will not force war declaration, but will give you still the option to do it manualy if you whant.

Hmm factions = country's? In my oppinion best are Ger, Eng, and Sov i guesss. Italy and Japan are intrestting particulary Japan, but has a small flaw(Italy).

On another note if willing to bend core rules a bit Italy can be made to work, but not easy. The reason why Italy is very hard is that is has nowhere near the resources or IC to play big role, IC you can fix but the resources are harder to get a feel that you can have a impact id recomend 1 change in options = "Full IC takeover = OFF" to "Full IC takeover = ON" whitout this eaven if you take over africa you dont realy gain anything.... imo.

On Japan you can have a impact whitout that change but for me the game is mainly messed by Italy, or to be more precice England have a walk in park in italy and balkans eaven if USA is not in the allies.

Also few others are Fin, Nat Spain(excile faction at start), Yugoslavia, Hungary and mayby Romania. On Allies minors it can be trickyas lots will depend on sea power and thats hard for minors to get.

Also if you dint know before you can play any country you whant by right click on a flag and change it at start.

If you whant can give some tips on how to build effective forces(air, sea, land) but id recomend bit of testing first but will write them if you ask.

[...] First on Italy and afrika, this willl generaly go in eng's favor, [...]
Yes, well, this is very much a work in progress right now. I would be rather interested in some discussion about the current situation in 0.70.7, incidentally - it does not seem that ENG has been particularly weakened by my rather draconic increase in exp_forces for FRA? ... Wanted to avoid getting to far involved into that AI...

--

If memory serves (I am not 100% sure and cannot check right now), JAP will only then not attack USA, ENG and HOL, if the Oil Embargo event has not played out historically for USA (which should mean that it did not fire at all). This, I think, can only happen if JAP is at peace (Or was it just not at war with CHI?) when the event should fire.

Hi
I have been busy playing Japan lately and also observes the situation in the rest of the world. It seems very much so that ENG has been drastically weakened and ITA very much stronger in the Med. Se the attached file dated october 1941that shows this very clear. A part from that I made peace with China, something they where very eager for, and thus lost more than half of what I had conquered. It is very hard to see what the peace result actually turns out to be since the offer only states the names of the provinces. Very hard to predict how the map looks after a peace negotiation.

Attachments

• Middle east and Africa October 29, 1941.png
    Middle east and Africa October 29, 1941.png
    286,1 KB · Views: 61
On italy
Italy's war in afrika is more dependatnt on german sub war than italy itself....
Sure you can see it winning sometimes 40-42 but generaly eng alone can take over italy alone from 41 onwards. Looking at that map eng need to take 1 provenice in Egypt and the troops that pushed south will die out of supplies.

Also Africa dont realy mather much, its large area but very poor on resources.

looking at that map Italy is doing well so will be out of war afther 43 i guess?

40-early 42 is when axis is at its strongest, after that germany will start to run out of manpower and attrition will eventualy kill its units in the east and collapse.

When i have played on Japan have seen italy push into africa well then next time i look i see africa in Eng hands and Eng in Italy mainland.