• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
great AAR this. Keep on and you might make it into the new Klaipedietis

Alright, whatever you do, do NOT attack Iran. It it a bad idea to open a front that you will have to fight both the British and Soviets on. If you found out that you couldnt handle it, you would have to forfeit all of your middle eastern possessions. I think an invasion and liberation of India is a sound idea. A better idea would be to take care of the Allies in Africa so that Italy and Europe's south are secure, and then moving on to India.

Although, if you had India at your side pumping out divisions like there was no tomorrow, it would significantly ease the pain of an African campaign.

Tough decision. Dont invade Iran, though.

Inkana said:
No they didn't. I'd swear they were Persia until 1979.

On March 21, 1935, Iran was officially accepted as the new name of the country.

Wikipedia.

Ethiopia looks grim, I wish you luck.

Changed my mind!!! I have just played as Italy and have done everything you've done. I then invaded Iran(Persia) and got my ass kicked right out of everywhere! I lost about 30 divisions! Go for India (normal defended only by Bhutan and Nepal) but don't over stretch yourself create a realistic goal and go for it! If you take India and then go for Australia and so on you WILL fail. Create a stable front near Burma and then go for Africa!

Go for Africa.
You put so much effort into defending it, that if you let them take your forts, it'll be a hassle to take them back.
Besides, you have to RP it, since the name of the AAR is Africa Orientale Italiana SHALL NOT FALL!

@General Jac: Don't uncross fingers, please :)

@robou: as if it was easy :D

@Midge: yes, that was what I suspected. I was planning some sort of blitzkrieg with Paras on Teheran and amphibious assaults along the coast, but it's not a good idea in the end.

@Sondrety: thanks for the compliments but.. New what? :D

@ColossusCrusher: You seem to think like the Duce.. we will see what happens, don't despair :)

@germanpeon: Ugo Cavallero just asked me if he could hire you for some more tips like that.

@Cyrus: not a bad idea.. I'm still a bit undecided

@Maj von Mauser: don't tell me such bad things with that tone. By the way, I noticed quite some changing of avatars there. Either you're moving a bit too much or you are starting a lot of games recently!

I'd say go with fortifying the AOI first, so to encircle and destroy several British units in the process, THEN think about India. This will deprive them of several divisions first and their primary source of manpower then aswell.

DvD-IT said:
...their primary source of manpower then aswell.
Countries do not get MP from overseas provinces when at war. This means that the MP that the UK recieves during wartime is solely from England/Scotland/Wales.

During peace time they do get a very small amount of MP from their overseas possessions, however.

Folgore80 said:
Don't tell me such bad things with that tone. By the way, I noticed quite some changing of avatars there. Either you're moving a bit too much or you are starting a lot of games recently!

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just worried. ;) Sorry if I was offensive, I don't always think before I type. :eek:o

I like to have the flag of the country I'm playing, but I either lose interest with that country, or as in the case right now have an event related issue out of my control.

By the time you read this I will have Turkey's flag up (instead of Xibei San Ma). :D

Go for a Persian front with the soviets. That way you could grab a lot of soviet land and possibly save Germany (and yourself)

@DvD-IT: Yes, that's what I'll probably do. Update later today.

@germanpeon: correct. But India ICs are good and it can pump out quite some infantry.

@thatguy: I'll do.. I'm just reversing factors. Once India puppet is up, I can use Iraqi, Indian and Italian troops to attack Iran.

@Maj von Mauser: LOL, I didn't mean that you were offensive, but it sounded like a requiem :)
Give us some AArs!

Folgore80 said:
@Murmurandus: All of a sudden, Go Italy sounds much more better than Forza Italia (it reminds me of Berlusconi :mad: )

Mmm, you're right... :eek:o (un)fortunately my Italian is limited... ;) :D

10.1. Operazione Corno.

Mecozzi bombers do their own and manage to annihilate the Militia unit who dared occupy Debre Mark’os.
His bombers are rebased to Aden (where the Italians started to build an airport) to save supplies from Addis Ababa.

ann4.png

In the same days, General Bastico had been in contact with General Nasi. The idea was to duplicate the Nasi network defense on the Arabian Peninsula, to free more troops.

Applying that theory, only 4 divisions where needed to garrison the area. Another 4 divisions would be needed to garrison Iraq while the country pulls out new troops.

Taking into account all the troops which will become available, and 4 new units available in Athens , Cavallero, Pariani, Cavagnari and Valle met with Mussolini to decide where to strike.

“I think that we should abandon Africa Orientale Italiana Duce, as it’s clearly impossible to defend it against such numbers”, started Valle.

“You are crazy.” Answered Mussolini. “I don’t care how many troops the Allies are sending there. We are Italy, the descendants of the Romans. We won’t fear barbarians. One of us is worth 10 of them in battle.”

Cavallero looked to his charts. He quickly put away the plans for unloading in Colombo and Trincomalee, putting his plan for Africa on top.

“Duce, I’d like to add that we have local naval superiority in Africa, so the Regia Marina will be able to cover any amphibious operation carried out” told a delighted Cavagnari.

Cavallero began spoking “Me and Pariani drafted a simple plan to take back the area. We could unload some troops on the Horn, encircle the defenders of those few provinces, and then head directly to Addis Ababa to break the encirclement.”

Valle intervened “But there are over 30 Allied divisions there!”

Pariani replied “That’s true, but we don’t necessarily need to turtle on il Vallo d’Etiopia anymore. We can simply redeploy our troops to Somalia and use local superiority to achieve small encirclements and overruns on the Allies. With Suez in our hands, we won’t have any problem supplying Mogadishu or Obbia”
Il Duce, enthusiast, approved Operazione Corno (Operation Horn).

Italian troops began unloading on Kismayo and Berbera. Mecozzi bombers managed to annihilate the 1st NZ division defending Berbera, while motorized troops in Somalia quickly moved to encircle the Mogadishu defenders.

opsom.png

Briganti bombers begin pounding Allied ships docked in Alexandria. Valle wants to make sure no transports are left for amphibious operations against Italian mainland.

brig3.png

Badoglio troops reach Adwa, but as the forts are still rebuilding, he is forced to withdraw.

adwa8.png

A few days later, Guzzoni is forced to retreat from Kismayo as well. British troops manage to take the province, but the Italian counterattack is immediate.

More Italian troops unload to secure the area, trying to overrun the retreating Allied unit as well. Caracciolo di Feroleto manages to take prisoner the retreating British unit on 29th November.

kismayo.png

As the Italians arrive in Harar, the Allies launch a powerful counterattack.
However, Badoglio takes the chance to catch them out of their trenches, willing to make the life of the next troops coming to Harar easier.

hardir.png

About a month after Operazione Corno is launched, it seems the Italians can achieve their objectives.

opcorn.png

10.2. World in flames

As the war rages towards 1942, more Nations are willing to prove their value in battle.

Japan starts the fun.

jap.png

The Philippines don't want to be second to the Japanese.

phil.png

A few hours later, the USA join the Allies.

us2.png

The world is now split in 4 alliances, 3 of which fighting against each other. The next logical move would be to invite Japan into the Axis, but despite Galeazzo Ciano efforts, Hitler doesn't want the yellow-skinned in his Alliance.

Back to Italian things, research goes very well.

ricerca29.png

On the Russian front, attacked by massive Russian forces, the CSIR decide to withdraw immediately to Romanian provinces.

russia.png