• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Davisx3m said:
Su is weird =P
USSR always seems to attack the 'losers' in my games (unless they're attacked by someone else of course :D ). That would mean that Italia is winning!

"Vincere! E vinceremo!"

Remember to win "dalle Alpi all'Oceano Indiano!" ("from the Alps to the Indian Ocean!") And, looking at your progress, you're halfway there. Well, almost.

Also do what Intruder alert said. Remember that when you move a unit THEN tick the offensive supply button, you must stop the unit's movement and redo it again, else the speed bonus won't count (strange, but that is).

9.8. And the Rock crumbles to the ground.

When Galeazzo Ciano entered the meeting room that morning, he had a large smile on his face.

Mussolini looked at him with a puzzled expression and asked. “What’s up? You look like an idiot today..”. One shouldn’t be surprised about this colloquial expressions between the two, as Galeazzo married Benito’s sister.

“Benito, you won’t believe this. Do you remember that Franco we helped a few years ago and who refused to let us troop pass to attack Gibraltar?”

“Yeah, don’t even remember me about it.. a lot of wasted money and supplies”

“It seems he grew up some balls! He’s now in our alliance. Gibraltar may fall soon, as he got about 30 divisions close to it!”

Benito immediately called his secretary, asking to bring in some Spumante to party with!

franco.png

Fearing the proverbial Franco’s cowardice, Trasporto Truppe is loaded with Lt. Gen. Lisi Alpini and Vercellino infantry and its sent towards Gibraltar. However, Franco is willing to attack when he outnumbers the enemy 31:1. Trasporto Truppe’s mission is not aborted, though. New British units may land on the Rock and it’s not sure Franco would eradicate those as well.

gibraltar.png

Italian troops move towards Gibraltar. Luckily, their help won’t be needed, as Spanish troops enter Gibraltar on 6th May. Vercellino and Lisi are ordered back to Athens, where Trasporto Truppe (weakened by a few battles with a British CTF trapped in the Med) will stay at bay for repairements.

gibraltar2.png

In the Middle East theater, Gen Nasi network defense become operative.
According to his plan, only 4 out of 7 beaches were going to be garrisoned.

However, any troops unloading in the 3 undefended beach would meet a minimum of 3 divisions attacking it, automatically preventing any chance of victory for them.

network.png

Lt. Gen Caruso is given a stock of supplies and oil, to allow him the overrunning of Mj Calking retreating unit. Unfortunately, those pesky Canadians are still faster.

caroff-1.png

Once all the other troops reach Al-whatever, an attack on Karbala is launched. Mj Calkin is routed, but Iraqi defenders show up a few days later.

General Guzzoni calls off the attack and decides to contact Cavallero, unsure on how to proceed. He needs more troops if he wants to push towards Baghdad, and in Athens there are 16 spare divisions. Guzzoni asks for at least 8 of them.

Karbala.png

On the Ethiopian front, retreating units arrive at Addis Ababa. Immediately, the attack on Gambela is launched, led by General Marinetti, a WWI veteran. Victory comes shortly after, and Mecozzi resumes pounding.

Despite this, the usual minor battles on Gallabat continue. Mj Mecozzi planes have almost destroyed a british armored division, left with under 10 strenght.

Nothing else worth of note happened.

Italian knowledge about modern infantry is spread among the allied Nations, in return of some precious resources.

trade3.png

@Intruder_alert: I usually don't use that option much, as it eats a lot of resources. But you are right, in Iraq it will be extremely useful.

@Cyrus: Had you got any doubt about that? :) Now that also Gibraltar fell it's time to retake Libya.

@Hamath: nice! let's hope Hitler finds the courage to launch Barbarossa.. or I may DoW Stalin for him :p

@DvD-IT: how can I forget? General Guzzoni is eager to assault Bombay.

wise said:
question: why did the UK and France already liberate some of their colonies in the middle east? normally they don't do that till Germany is beaten...
When France is defeated, and Germany creates Vichy-France, Syria and Libanon become independent for a reason I do not know, but it's standard in every game.
(and Iraq is always a puppet of the UK, in case you meant them too).

Looks like Iraq put up a little fight there.

Nice to see the ball-less Franco taking the initiative for once.

Good update. :)

@wise: No, Lebanon and Syria are always freed by Vichy. Later in game, I'll receive also their North-African colonies (if Germany choose the right option in one event)

@Deus: Sure I will.. Our planes report over 15 divisions there, so it may take some time :)

@Cyrus: I need to take Libya and Turkey.. then it will be a Mare Nostrum once more

@robou: Looks nice! My uncle was in the Bersaglieri (not in the Second World War though). nice Italian, too ;)

@Maj von Mauser. I was quite surprised of Franco, let's hope he can garrison his beaches properly.

9.9. Will AOI hold?

On the Ethiopian theater, Mj Mecozzi (with help from the repairing bombers squadron of Fougier) manages to annihilate the 7th British Armored division, equipped with Tank Destroyers. It’s the third division destroyed by legendary Mecozzi bombers.

ann3.png

As a retaliation, British troops try to grab Sardinia by surprise.. Luck is with Italy, as Trasporto Truppe was just passing by. General Vercellino and Lt. Lisi reach Negro to defend the isle. A militia unit is ordered to Sardinia as well, as its clear such strong attacks cannot be held by a lone garrison.

sard3-1.png

A strong British CTF attacks Trasporto Truppe while its loading Vercellino and Lisi.Vice Admiral Falangola is forced to retreat to La Spezia, docking there for repairs.

Briganti is ordered to take care of the CTF, sinking HMS Courageous in about 2 weeks.

brig.png

A few days later, the last unit of Progetto Nettuno is built. A long serial of modern TAC bombers is ordered.
ICs gained from conquests also allows the production of some SP-Art brigades, ordered to equip Italian MOT infantry.

British troops try to retake Malta. Trasporto Truppe is ordered out to bring reinforcements to the little isle. This time the defenders can hold on themselves, so Falangola rebases to Palermo instead.

malta-1.png

On 27th May, Allied troops regain control of Assab. The Italians managed to keep the sea lanes open for about 40 days, allowing the shipment of over 6000 tons of supplies and a few hundred tons of oil.

General Guzzoni, still waiting for new troops, attacks Karbala in the meanwhile. He is successful and begins advancing towards Baghdad.

karb2.png

This time Caruso manages to overrun the three retreating units, and he is the first to reach Hilla. The rest of the Italian troops under Guzzoni are ordered to spread among 3 provinces, positioning themselves better for the whole Iraq occupation.

iraq.png

Iraqi troops immediately attacks Caruso, trying to break the Italian advance. Caruso is forced to retreat, but Roatta troops are redeployed to Hilla. June 21th General Guzzoni troops enter Mosul.

hilla.png

AOI​

Outnumbered and outgunned, Badoglio is forced to retreat from Adwa. The planned re-occupation of Libya by Italian troops is postponed to send some assistance to the AOI defenders. Will new troops arrive on time?

adwa4-1.png

On their way, Vercellino and Lisi manages to grab from British hands Rhodes and Cyprus. All the Med isles are in Axis hands now.

Vercellino and Lisi unloads on Aden, willing to make that Southern part of the Arabian peninsula a base to strike Ethiopia.

aden.png

9.10. The Bear has offended us long enough!

Galeazzo Ciano entered the meeting room with a sad, worried face. Benito recognized immediately which something was went wrong.

Without waiting for Galeazzo to speak, he asked "So, tell me. What happened this time? Do we have British troops unloading on Lampedusa? Or maybe on the Cyclades?"

Galeazzo, fearing il Duce reaction, started to speak slowly, almost whispering. "Duce, I'm afraid Stalin..."

"Who? That communist scum?"

"Ehmm.. Yes. I mean that him.."

"Ah, I'm fed up with that guy. He declared war on the Allies and not even fired a single bullet yet."

"Now, if I can end my sentence.."

"Are you saying that I'm someone that interrupts my staff?"

"No, Duce"

"Than what were you saying?"

"I was telling you about a couple of Soviet ships we.."

"What? Soviet ships? Where? Have them been sink?"

"No. Cavagnari.."

"Ah! I ordered to sink any Soviet ship sailing near Italy some years ago! Do you think I forgot?"

Galeazzo Ciano, unwilling to argue with Mussolini much longer, simply waited for him to stop ranting, and then he put on his desk a picture taken by a recognition airplane.

casusbelli.png

Benito immediately called Hitler himself, without having Ciano talk for him. The communication was quick and concise:
"Hey Adolf, get your troops on the Soviet border. This is friendly advice" Click.

Immediately after, he summoned Cavallero and asked him to get ready for sending some troops to fight the Bear.

Cavallero, who thought the topic was different, came with a report on Italian research

ricerca26.png

A bit worried, he suddendly begun working on the CSIR, the Italian expitionary forces to Russia.

A few days later, the War Declaration was sent to Moscow.

"Dear Josef,
I already warned you about your ships passing by our coastline.

You have ignored all my friendly warnings. This time you've gone a bit too far.

Italy declares war on the Soviet Union. We could close an eye if you'd accept to scrap your entire Navy and cede us the whole Caucasus.
If you won't, you'll see Italian flags on Moscow soon.

Sincerely,
Benito Mussolini"

consequences.png

the desert rats might be dead, but that shouldnt mean that Mussolini is ballsy enough to take on the SU. Oh well...he is meant to be the mastermind, not me.
@ Folgore: I try at my Italian :) I will get those Alpini pics to you pronto ;) We even have a guy in our unit with a Folgore Uniform :)

It's an historical game... how could it be "historical" without Barbarossa, after all? :)

I have a friend in the Folgore.. He's quite happy with that. I'd have joined that as well, but in the end I realized working behind a desk is much safer :D

Eeek, Soviets. Regardless, I can't wait to see what level of italian participation goes into the war against the SU. Maybe we can see Genoa's former black sea possessions retaken?

9.10. Middle East is going to become an Italian province

RUSSIAN FRONT.​
The Italian troops of CSIR reach the front.

csir.png

At Rome it was decided that half of the entire Italian military production was going to be assigned to Russia, in the hope of defeating the Bear ASAP.

The CSIR engages the first Soviet unit in the battle for Mogilev-Podolsk, under command of the Romanian FM Antonescu. Victory is assured. However, once the CSIR reach Mogilev-Podolsk, it’s clear that Vinnitsa its too well defended to close a pocket on the Ruskies, so they move back to Beltsy.

mog.png

When after a few days the provinces bordering it fell, the Italian CSIR moves to Mogilev-Podolsky once more, possibly heading towards Kiev.

MIDDLE EAST AND ARABIAN FRONT​
Caruso reaches Nassiryah. Italian troops wait to recover their organization before launching the final attack on Baghdad. It’s decided that Iraq will become and Italian puppet.

nassiria.png

General Vercellino sets up an attack on Sanaa.. however, to annihilate any Yemeni resistance, he needs to secure Mukalla first. Lt. Caracciolo di Feroleto is sent to attack that province.

mukalla.png

Some days later, General Vercellino attacks the Yemeni usurpators, ready to free Yemeni people. Trezzani Quarto Motorizzato (equipped with Self-Propelled Artillery) arrives just in time to take part in the battle. Yemeni usurpators are arrested and imprisonated.

sanaa.png

A few days later, Caracciolo di Feroleto is forced to withdraw from Mukalla.

mukalla2.png

AFRICA ORIENTALE ITALIANA​

Badoglio manages to reach and hold Adwa.
Nothing else worth of note happens.

NAVAL WAR​

After some heavy pounding from Briganti bombers when it tried to stop Italian shipping of troops to Aden, the HMS Glorious Task Force had to dock at Alexandria. Briganti took a chance to finally sink the last carrier still sailing in the Mediterranean.

glorious.png

Last, something interesting happened in the US.
us.png

Teach those Soviets not to violate Italian Naval Waters! Sink their entire Black sea fleet!! Who cares of that means conquering Turkey! They were an enemy the last war, and will be an enemy in this one!

How long had you been preparing for the Soviet invasion?

Nice updates. :)