• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lurker from the start.

Looking at things it might go in a way were you actually end up as an Ally of the UK, and might not need to fortify ethopia at all. :wacko:

@Deus, Davisx3m, trekaddict. Thanks for dropping a line.
It's indeed a bit strange that every time I want to go ahistorical the game is perfectly historical and when I want to follow history then it suddendly breaks up :)

However, no alliance with the weaklings. Italy will stand alone, if needed, but won't never join the Allies (mainly because I edited difficulty to give bonuses to Allies and Comintern)

@ruckel: thank you!

@Romanius: Ah, another victim of il Duce propaganda! Italy could surely improve Albanian infras and defenses, but that's not a priority. It'll come after building Marines, Infantry, Garrisons, TAC, militia, MOT and MEC infantry, brigades.. do I forgot anything? Oh, yes.. Paras :)

@robou. It'll be interesting to see how German AI reacts to an earlier war.. if it can wipe out Poland by the end of spring it could try to attack the Low Countries and Belgium earlier perhaps. That would mean France falling earlier and more troops freed for Africa.

Chapter 7. Waiting the baiting

Poland joins the Allies, but the situation is desperate. Warsaw, encircled, is about to fall. In the meanwhile, one more CVL is ready for Italian Navy.

Allies2.png

Italian research keeps going ahead fine. Progetto Drago finishes the testing and enters production. More research are launched as the war is near.

ricerca13.png

And Poland is no more.

annexation2.png

A non-aggression pact with France expires.. will they DoW us now? Just in case, another Heavy Cruiser is ready.

france.png

A right wing France? Interesting.. too bad they can’t leave the Allies now!

france2.png

UK intelligence isn’t that great, it seems.

bp3.png

And as our Army chief expected, Germany takes advantage of the summer to strike through the Low-Countries.

offensive.png

A very interesting World War 2 you've got goint on there. What will Italy do? I can't wait to see. I've always been a fan of Italian AARs.

Interesting.

Hope this doesen't mess up any plans.

Romanius said:
...not-a-prick Italy.
:rofl:
I do enjoy the care Benito is giving his new subjects as well.

Folgore80 said:
And as our Army chief expected, Germany takes advantage of the summer to strike through the Low-Countries.

offensive.png

i saw it coming! hmm....lets try this a bit more....you will declare war on Greece!! yup i got it covered! :rofl:

Hmm. Blitzing France a year earlier. The results could be very different. No there will be no MRP (Molotov-Ribbentrop-Pact) and no partition of Eastern Europe. How will that affect the AI? Is Barbarossa a year earlier too or is there a barbarossa at all?

Nice update. :)

Isn't this supposed to be a historical AAR? Everything's happening ahistorically.

Chapter 7. Waiting the baiting - Part 2.

Italian production kept running smoothly. About at the end of July new fortifications were completed on the Ethiopian Wall, on the Adwa province. Then, the first Italian Improved Heavy Cruiser is deployed (to be known as Varese-class.) No more than 10 days later another CVL was deployed. The Regia Marina can now count on 7 Early Light Carriers.

ica.png

The first Progetto Nettuno unit is also completed. A few days later, the last factory is built in Florence. Now Italy has 83 base ICs.

mar.png

After Dutch Capitulation in mid-August, chances for a closer war were increasing. An Air Force rationalization was ordered by Giuseppe Valle, Air Force Chief.

airforce.png

Italian Intelligence keeps working great. Not only they managed to find and arrest a British spy. The same day they also manage to grab the schemes for British Medium Tanks. A week later, Italian Headquarter in the Africa Orientale Italiana is updated to ’39 standards.

Italian cabinet meets on 21th September. France managed to break German resistance at Saarbrucken. Despite this, it’s still too early for Italy to join the war. Il Vallo D’Etiopia is far from completed, and the modernization of the army is still at its early stages. Neutrality is maintained.

france3.png

In November Cavagnari finally ends thinking about how to employ those CV in Regia Marina operations.. Cantieri Navali Riuniti start thinking about how to fight submarines better. A week later, Balbo begins working on formations fighting. Italian spies managed to steal another doctrine for Strat bombers, in the meanwhile.

ricerca14.png

In mid November the Soviet Union declares war on Finland. Mussolini, very disappointed, wanted to declare war immediately on those commies, but Galeazzo Ciano once more managed to calm him down. A war, with that uncertain situation on the Western front, was the last thing to do at the moment.

winterwar.png

Ethiopian Wall is ready on 3 out of 4 provinces of the perimeter. The spare ICs are used to field Garrison units with Military police brigades. A few days later another Zara-class CA is ready. Further production is arrested, and the first MOT infantry production order is issued. Same treatment for one of the 2 long CVL serial (losing gearing here hurts!)

etiopia2.png

A spy just won a prize-cruise.

bp6.png

Time to improve artillery…

ricerca15.png

And a slider move towards Standing Army.

slider4.png

:p

Solid update. Italy's place in this growing conflict has yet to be determined!

@Maj von Mauser: no spoiling at all. Italy is going to be ready for war soon, even if I'd like to have more troops.

@robou: What? Greece? Uhmm.. let's see how it turns out with France first!

@Deus: It seems that German AI couldn't take any advantage from blitzing an year earlier. Probably France IC boost (+40%) and the lack of any German AI boost played it to a stalemate. Will Italy be able to save German ass?

@ruckel: Italy sticks to Fleet-in-stinking ehm.. Fleet-in-beeing doctrine. So the only carriers I'm building are type I CVLs to soak up damage and give me better positioning. I produced 8, but I'll keep producing, as I'll lose at least one in every battle, probably.

@FallenMorgan: The intent is to be as historical as possible from Italy perspective. Although the second world war so far evolved quite differently the ending situation is not that much ahistorical. We have the Winter War, Germany steamrolled Netherlands and Belgium and the winter stopped their offensive in France.
The only difference so far is a bigger Hungary and no Slovakia.

@Inkana: Italy will stand along with the Axis, forever. We just can't help anyone drinking bad wine like French. At least the Germans stick to beers.

More great updates, but i think Greece is still a logical target...if not then i will just have to sulk in a corner quietly ;)