• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
% chance to be scarred when you get wounded, severely wounded. Rodrigo de Vivar lead my armies in 2 crusades and 3 wars. He managed to not have a scratch on him afterwounded numerous times
I understand the fact that wounds might stay for too long (side note : Ivar the Boneless is not missing a leg in the Main Menu), but the % is a mecanism, not an aesthetical decision.
House von Habsburg has a house motto of "A.E.I.O.U." I think this is really neat; but, as far as I know, they're the only in-game dynasty that currently has a custom motto.
I hope they introduce more House Mottos, it would be interesting to list all the historical ones we could find for dynasties already in the game!

I just added this suggestion to the main post, and I think it's the most substantive one, because right now, it's the same little Health indicator colour for 'Fine' (meaning, no risks of random death) and 'Poor' (meaning, risks of random death)
Health.jpg

I for one find some really interesting points which i hadn't thought of, and other i had. hope to see this become a mega-thread of peaceful discussion that the devs will check out :)
That would be great!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Should add that women lack most of the empire-level crowns, and that Northern gfx group doesn't have an empire crown at all.

• 1Like
Reactions:
XXIV : There's not enough Icons for new Faiths.
Faith Icons.jpg
XXV : When you're at war, there's an indicator above the Coat of Arms of your allies and of your ennemies on the map. I find the Ally Indicator great, but I find the Ennemy Indicator weird, it's a .gif of semi-realistic fire and the swords are too small.
Indicator.jpg

I suggest making the Ennemy Indicator in the same style as the Ally Indicator : Two Crossed Swords (bigger and clearer) with a Red aura instead of fire
I strongly agree with these two.

Strange that you didn't put the jail bars yet, am I the only one to find them really too big?

All great points, i agree with everything except the Imperial Crown icon. I much prefer the ck2 one and think the CK3 on looks hideous.
Interesting, let's have a small discussion about this.
Personally, I find that the CKII Empire icon was difficult to distinguish, it was purple on pink and really pixelated. Also, there was little cross above it, linking it to Christianism.
The CKIII design is Gold on a subjectively great shade of Royal Purple, the icon is clear even if really small. There's no link to religion even if there's a link to European Heraldry.
I'm curious to hear why you like the CKII design more and what do you dislike about the CKIII design?

Reactions:
House von Habsburg has a house motto of "A.E.I.O.U." I think this is really neat; but, as far as I know, they're the only in-game dynasty that currently has a custom motto.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
You mention the Umayyad coat of arms, which I completely agree about, but I'd also like to mention the Robertine one, which is very similar to the Capetian house of Vermandois.

Reactions:
Interesting, let's have a small discussion about this.
Personally, I find that the CKII Empire icon was difficult to distinguish, it was purple on pink and really pixelated. Also, there was little cross above it, linking it to Christianism.
The CKIII design is Gold on a subjectively great shade of Royal Purple, the icon is clear even if really small. There's no link to religion even if there's a link to European Heraldry.
I'm curious to hear why you like the CKII design more and what do you dislike about the CKIII design?

Well. it is a bit hard to explain but i'll try.
It's not so much the design that is the problem but the "material". The ck3 imperial crown looks to me like it's made from cheap plastic. Like something you'd buy from a kid's costume shop. While ck2 one looks more abstract to me and fits with the rest of ck2 aesthetic more.
I have similar issue with the ck3 imperial crown in-game model that character can wear on it's head (I think it is for HRE, altho characters in my game wear the Reichkrone, i think it's from a dlc or smth.). It looks so awful, texture wise, like something you get for free if you buy a meal at Burger King.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Well. it is a bit hard to explain but i'll try.
It's not so much the design that is the problem but the "material". The ck3 imperial crown looks to me like it's made from cheap plastic. Like something you'd buy from a kid's costume shop. While ck2 one looks more abstract to me and fits with the rest of ck2 aesthetic more.
I have similar issue with the ck3 imperial crown in-game model that character can wear on it's head (I think it is for HRE, altho characters in my game wear the Reichkrone, i think it's from a dlc or smth.). It looks so awful, texture wise, like something you get for free if you buy a meal at Burger King.
Really well put, I understand and mostly agree with your point. I agree that the problem for the icon is mostly the gold texture that looks a tad plastic-like. Do you think the same of the other rank crowns?
I like the overall design of the CKIII 3D Imperial Crown, but it lacks detail and the gold texture is not on point. Also, it's a little too big and like I said, the inner red part is too low.

Reactions:
Really well put, I understand and mostly agree with your point. I agree that the problem for the icon is mostly the gold texture that looks a tad plastic-like. Do you think the same of the other rank crowns?
I like the overall design of the CKIII 3D Imperial Crown, but it lacks detail and the gold texture is not on point. Also, it's a little too big and like I said, the inner red part is too low.

I don't really have any complaints about other rank crowns, i think they look nice.
3D Imperial crown is so bad, makes me physically cringe whenever i see it in game. (It actually looks better in barbershop than it does on a character, mostly because it's so large that the best parts of it dont even show, but get cut off on top. I guess making a line of dwarf Holy Roman Emperors is one way of fixing it...)
I just don't understand how Paradox looked at all of these absolutely amazing crowns and headwear they have (Pearl Circlet being one of my favourites) and then decided that arguably one of the most important crowns was ok as it is.

crown.gif

P.S This is NOT a screenshot from the game, but it's not far off.

• 5Haha
Reactions:
@Jarl Galdur

I don't know if these would count as purely aesthetic suggestions as they'd obviously require some modelling/animating by the designers, but I wanted to mention them anyway; Buddhist monks should have shaven heads, and Insular Catholic monks could be given the Celtic tonsure instead of the traditional continental one.

Reactions:
I don't know if these would count as purely aesthetic suggestions as they'd obviously require some modelling/animating by the designers, but I wanted to mention them anyway; Buddhist monks should have shaven heads, and Insular Catholic monks could be given the Celtic tonsure instead of the traditional continental one.
Good ones! XXIV (Already 24 ahah! Thank you all for participating)

P.S. N'hésite pas à m'envoyer un message si tu en as d'autres comme ça
P.P.S. I assume you speak French because of your username, let me know if you don't

Reactions:
Good ones! XXIV (Already 24 ahah! Thank you all for participating)

P.S. N'hésite pas à m'envoyer un message si tu en as d'autres comme ça
P.P.S. I assume you speak French because of your username, let me know if you don't
Naturellement - bien que cassé maintenant (lol); père originaire d'Anaba.

Avec tous mes remerciements, bien que nous sommes censés parler Anglais @ PDX.

• 1Love
Reactions:
You will run out of Roman numerals before I run out of suggestions. :p

• 2Haha
Reactions: