• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rhadok

Major
109 Badges
Mar 27, 2007
  • Cities: Skylines
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
Hey guys,

As England I managed to beat Scotland together with the Conquest Scotland mission. I want to form the UK as quick as possible, but because I screwed the war a bit up, this happened.

57Timeforpeace.jpg

Portugal managed to siege a province, so it's not possible to annex Scotland straight out. I'm not very keen on waiting 50 years with this awesome mission.

ConquerScotlandmission.jpg

Anyone know what to do without replaying the war? Thanks! :)

Edit. Personally I thought of the following when I was doing groceries :p.
  1. Sponsor rebels in the occupied Scottish province by the Portuguese.
  2. Let them besiege the province.
  3. Take it over from there.

Last edited:
Usually when that happens i just wait till the AI peaces out with itself and then siege the pronvice they had conquered

That doesn't always work when the other nation is 100%, and if you wait, Portugal is more likely to get Fife.

The rebel idea may be best, but Portugal is probably going to be able to curbstomp the rebels. Another option is to peace out for everything but Fife and Lothian, and wait 5 years.

Or vassalise them and wait to diplo-annex. You're only in 1401 at the moment, so just lay back and let Scottish troops assist you in taking over wherever the hell you want to invade while you wait to dannex them.

Usually when that happens i just wait till the AI peaces out with itself and then siege the pronvice they had conquered

Thats not possible here. The alliance leader for Scotland is France, Im the other alliance leader. Portugal can't make peace with Scotland as they are both juniors.

That doesn't always work when the other nation is 100%, and if you wait, Portugal is more likely to get Fife.

The rebel idea may be best, but Portugal is probably going to be able to curbstomp the rebels. Another option is to peace out for everything but Fife and Lothian, and wait 5 years.

But then I lose the mission and need to wait 55 years before UK can be formed :( Perhaps that's the best, newcomers should know that not always everything goes according to plan :p.

If Portugal leaves and go home I would go for the rebels, otherwise I would go for Naggys idea. But. A big but here.. Does Any/All only work for the provinces you take in the ongoing war or does it also work for provinces you have taken before? If it only work for the ongoing war it's probably a bad thing to take anything.. Then you just have to wait 5 years and try again.

I don't know Panopticon.

This is the mission.
Code:
conquer_scotland = {

type = country

allow = {
		or = {
			tag = ENG
			tag = GBR
		}
		not = { highlands = { owned_by = this } }
		not = { lowlands = { owned_by = this } }
		exists = SCO
		SCO = {
			not = { vassal_of = ENG }
			not = { vassal_of = GBR }
			is_lesser_in_union = no
		}
		not = { relation = { who = SCO value = 50 } }
		is_lesser_in_union = no
		is_subject = no
	}
	abort = {
		or = {
			SCO = {
				or = {
					vassal_of = ENG
					vassal_of = GBR
					is_lesser_in_union = yes
				}
			}
			is_lesser_in_union = yes
			is_subject = yes
		}
	}
	success = {
		highlands = { owned_by = this }
		lowlands = { owned_by = this }
	}
	chance = {
		factor = 1000
		modifier = {
			factor = 2
			mil = 7
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2
			mil = 8
		}
	}
	immediate = {
		lowlands = {
			limit = { NOT = { owned_by = THIS } }
			add_temp_claim = THIS
		}
	}
	abort_effect = {
		lowlands = {
			remove_temp_claim = THIS
		}
	}
	effect = {
		lowlands = { add_core = THIS }
		prestige = 0.1
	}
}

But then I lose the mission and need to wait 55 years before UK can be formed :( Perhaps that's the best, newcomers should know that not always everything goes according to plan :p.

Will you lose the mission? That's not good... But I actually like the idea to screw it up. That's a very important thing to learn in this game. How to screw up things. :p

Looking at that mission text, I don't think you lose the mission. The CB lasts 10 years, IIRC.

I always cancel the alliance with Portugal on day one. I see no way it benefits England. They also seems to do this very thing to AI Castille if they are allied, preventing Castille from annexing Granada.

i once seen them following England on their conquer Ireland mission , ending with two irish provnces and England with three ... England then dowed Portugal

and here i'd take the provinces , and finish the job 5 years later (keep 2 provinces as you will pay 8 infamy for one or two provinces when you annex)

Thats not possible here. The alliance leader for Scotland is France, Im the other alliance leader. Portugal can't make peace with Scotland as they are both juniors.
So why not wait for Portugal to make peace with France? This looks like an even better deal since there seems very little risk of france giving away fife in a peace deal.

I would assume if you wait long enough Portugal will probably make peace with France, then you can go ahead and take Fife. In my games as England Portugal usually dishonors my alliance as soon as I DOW any of the Irish minors or Scotland. Interesting.