advice to Paradox: HoI 2 > HoI 3

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HoI3 never worked.

The AI never cooperated in assaults correctly, just bugged out. In HoI2 I could end a game with USSR having over 600 divisions.

HoI3's tech system was also not an "evolution", it was a throwback to HoI1's technology system with this stupid leadership thing that made it so nations always stayed in step of each other. There was no way to say make an armored army as Japan.

AI behavior in HoI3 was actually worse than HoI2. I felt like HoI2's AI learned to fight me. HoI3 was just a roll-over joke with complexity in areas there didn't need to be. HoI3 was no "evolution" because it was not superior. It was different. But also clunky.

And that's kind of the point. HoI3 was largely a hybrid of HoI 1 and HoI 2. And it was crap because of it. Rather than expanding upon HoI2 and fixing the issues HoI2 had they instead totally blew it.

And I tried HoI3 later on and it still never measured up to my experience with HoI2. HoI2 also had Armageddon where you could try alternate histories and the navel mechanics were not really improved for HoI3. Once again it was a hybrid of HoI1 and HoI2 (in HoI1 carriers could "launch" 4-engine bombers and there was no point in using the CAG because dive bombers were so much better). So far the smoothest naval implementation to date has still been HoI 2.

HoI3 never worked.

The AI never cooperated in assaults correctly, just bugged out. In HoI2 I could end a game with USSR having over 600 divisions.

HoI3's tech system was also not an "evolution", it was a throwback to HoI1's technology system with this stupid leadership thing that made it so nations always stayed in step of each other. There was no way to say make an armored army as Japan.

AI behavior in HoI3 was actually worse than HoI2. I felt like HoI2's AI learned to fight me. HoI3 was just a roll-over joke with complexity in areas there didn't need to be. HoI3 was no "evolution" because it was not superior. It was different. But also clunky.

And that's kind of the point. HoI3 was largely a hybrid of HoI 1 and HoI 2. And it was crap because of it. Rather than expanding upon HoI2 and fixing the issues HoI2 had they instead totally blew it.

And I tried HoI3 later on and it still never measured up to my experience with HoI2. HoI2 also had Armageddon where you could try alternate histories and the navel mechanics were not really improved for HoI3. Once again it was a hybrid of HoI1 and HoI2 (in HoI1 carriers could "launch" 4-engine bombers and there was no point in using the CAG because dive bombers were so much better). So far the smoothest naval implementation to date has still been HoI 2.

Your just going to assume that HoI4 will be a clone of HoI3? Yeah how about we go backwards into hoi2 seems like a great idea.

Hi!

I wanna thank ALL you guys who have been active in this thread, especially the anti HOI 3 dudes who made me vocalize/formulate/remember just WHY HOI 3 is such a great game. I have had an 8 month break from HOI and this has encouraged me to start a new Germany 36 campaign. So thank you again, i will NOT be heard from for quite a while (well maybe a post or two every now and then).

Now if you excuse me, i am going to go and immerse myself and micromanage my a55 off in HOI 3. ;-) It is going to be legendary.

Peace