• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 25, 2009
Hi,

To begin with, I've played Crusader Kings Deus Vult and managed to convert almost a hundred of provinces to vlach culture. I have also created "Kingdom of Romania" (user defined nation, custom gfx, etc.). So I decided to export my CKDS save game to For the Glory, sadly didn;t work out.. So, I have decided to play EU 2 instead. I have managed to get my hands on a scenario editor and started to "cook" myself the Romanian Kingdom from CK.

With the scenario editor, I tackled every single problem. BUT ONE, however, I can't make it go:
My Capital province is in Istanbul(Constantinopol):
fără titlu.JPG

Someone, pls explain this to me.

To add: I have created a country using U00 tag, flags, shields, culture, etc.. I have started assigning to my newl created country the Wallachia province first(WHICH BTW is NOT an overseas province) byt for some reason Thrace, Rumelia, Crimea, and many others (not all of them) are overseas provinces.. I don't know

Moreoever, whenever I open a scenario with scenario editor.. ALL the city names get defaulted. For example:
Provinces: Rumelia, Macedonia, Ragusa,etc. all have the same city name : Balkans.
Provinces: Alexandria, Delta, etc. ALL have the same city name: Egypt... How can I solve this?

Last edited:
... BUT ONE, however, I can't make it go:
My Capital province is in Istanbul(Constantinopol):
Someone, pls explain this to me.

To add: I have created a country using U00 tag, flags, shields, culture, etc.. I have started assigning to my newl created country the Wallachia province first(WHICH BTW is NOT an overseas province) byt for some reason Thrace, Rumelia, Crimea, and many others (not all of them) are overseas provinces.. I don't know

Moreoever, whenever I open a scenario with scenario editor.. ALL the city names get defaulted. For example:
Provinces: Rumelia, Macedonia, Ragusa,etc. all have the same city name : Balkans.
Provinces: Alexandria, Delta, etc. ALL have the same city name: Egypt... How can I solve this?

If you want to change the capital of your state look at this thread:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?278691-Change-Capital
and read the Scenario Editor readme.txt:
EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 2 SCENARIO EDITOR

MINI MANUAL
------------

Overview
------------

The scenario editor allows you to edit most of the game data that is scenario specific.
I.e. the type of data that can exist in scenario and save game files. This does not
include events, monarchs, leaders, combat resolution tables, and certain global country
and province attributes. If you want to edit those, you will still have to do it the
hard way (editing the files in a text editor.)

Enough of what you can't do. What can do is:

- Edit province attributes (income, city name, population, etc).
- Edit country attributes (province ownership, DP, tech, etc).
- Edit centres of trade.
- Edit alliances and wars.

Controls
------------

- You scroll around the map using the arrow keys or number pad.
- Zooming in and out is done with the + and - keys on the number pad.
- While in the province dialog, left-clicking on a province selects it.
- While in the Country Overview dialog, left-clicking on a province selects the owning
country. Control-leftclicking adds a province to the selected province list
(owned, controlled, known or national.) Control-rightclicking removes a province
from the selected province list.

Troubleshooting
----------------

- The Scenario Editor refuses to start and displays an error message.

+ Make sure your graphics adapter is set to 16 bit color depth.

- The AI dialog for countries is disabled.

+ Yes, it was never finished. It might eventually get completed... someday.

- The map wraps around the edge of the screen when dragging the window there.

+ Yes, it is ugly, isn't it?

- The scenario I've edited won't load in the game or causes crashes and strangeness.

+ We've tried to eliminate as many possibilites for user errors as we can, but
it is still possible to do some illegal things in the editor. Try to check the
following:

* If you have changed the control but not ownership of a province, make
sure the owner and controller are also at war with each other.
* Check that all countries you've added have been given some territory.
* Check that all alliances and wars you have added actually have
participants.

-----------------

We hope you will enjoy the editor!

/The Paradox Guys

Further discussion or more questions should not be in the "user made scenarios and mods" subforum. This is for uploading mods and scenarios only as explained in the sticky here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...scenarios-only-not-for-discussions-questions*

Last edited: