• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(2456)

Pure Evil Genius
Mar 29, 2001
www.hero6.com
I was thinking of making the advancement spreads only spread advancements that you would have the prerequisites for, so now longbows before shortbows, etc. Does this sound like a good idea?

For me it sounds like a very good idea!
I've posted this issue a few weeks ago in bug forum, but it's wad.
I find this a bit silly that you can get a L2 tech through tech spread, though you don't anything about L1 tech.
On the other hand i don't know how much effect this have on game balance, because you will not be able to research all techs in vanilla 1.02 during a normal 1066 game (and adding prerequisites will slow down tech resesarch).

Last edited:
I think it is right as it is now. IMHO it was perfectly possible to jump one advance, thus having composite bows without having longbows. And in the other hand, it is hard to get one jump and you usually end filling up the gaps in your advances as they spread :)

O

However for implimentation, if you read the bug forum, even if you have level 2 tech, if you don't have level 1 you can't do squat with it except get to jump to level 3 once you get level 1.