• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 9, 2009
Can anyone tell me how to add a party. I've tried editing the party files by adding new parties a couple of times, but have never had any success. The only time the party has shown up is when I have actually overwritten an existing party. Is there some trick to making a newly added party show in game? Do I need to write an event to acticvate the new party?

You don't need an event, but you do need to make sure the start date for the party is early enough and that the party ID is unique. If you post your party file here we can take a look and maybe tell you what's wrong/missing.

Heres an example. I tried to add a Liberal party to Peru's file:

country;id;name;start;end;ideology;Economic;Trade;Religious;Minority;War;Culture;Religion;Status
PEU;16800;Partido Popular;1800;2000;conservative;state_capitalism;protectionism;moralism;residence;pro_military;all;all;x
PEU;16801;Liberales;1800;2000;liberal;laissez_faire;protectionism;pluralism;full_citizenship;pro_military;all;all;x

This party does not show when the game starts.