• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Orm

The Magnificent
44 Badges
Apr 23, 2001
google.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
I haven't even recieved my copy of the game yet (ordered it a week ago) and I'm already showing signs of addiction...
How the h**l am I going to get anything else done once I get it? :confused:

Originally posted by beowulf
I haven't even recieved my copy of the game yet (ordered it a week ago) and I'm already showing signs of addiction...
How the h**l am I going to get anything else done once I get it? :confused:

You won't. Live with it. :D

...and don't go and try and buck for that promotion (assuming you already have a job). All that time that you will spend at this forum , and not being productive (take me for example..I could be doing some really time sensitive stuff right now for our customers,but hey they can wait I'm posting dammit! :D) will make you wonder if they are gonna catch you , and fire your ass.

.....Gotta Go.....

After a while

you will believe EU is reality and your job/friends/life are just a computer game that you can put off playing until you have lived just one more year of EU.

Seriously!

This game is waaay addictive. I Play at a crawl pace of 2 minutes = 1 month. Because I just want it to last as long as I can.

And I havent really gotten into guts up the game yet, only doing my first GC now as Portugal.(well second, I restarted as Portugal when I got into serious debt by 1510, three unpaid loans. 10 or so ducats coming in each year, ugh)

Seriously though, to the developers, one hell of a job guys.

you'll surprise yourself thinking that this co-worker could become an ally and this other one a vassal.

you'll walk in the street and approach a east indian person with words such has: The Mughal empire will be mine! and you'll scorn any person from the netherlands because of their hign nationalism.

If you are not careful, you'll soon find yourself in a nice white room with padded walls!

What the ??? How did I arrive in this room? Why am I wearing a white gown? Who are those strange men with a seringe full of........

I think Xanadu is my doppelgänger. I was startled to read his comments because they are exactly what runs around in my own head-thing. :)

My trick to avoid addiction detection is this: when a co-worker or boss doesn't find me in my office they assume I'm in the lab. Those in the lab assume I'm in my office. Those who check both places assume I'm in the john. In reality I can be somewhere else reading this forum and maybe even nip in a quick session of EU. :D

Hail Keith Rogers,

We should be in an X-File somewhere :D.

Although I can't play EU on my work pc (mainly because it really sucks..I think it would cry if I loaded EU on it) I don't think I really want to. I mean if I did I think I would get in some serious trouble..no kidding because every freakin' moment that I would have I would be playing EU. I really don't want to jeopardise anything..I kinda have grown rather attached to my paycheck.

I must say I have never be so involved in a game where I think my job would be in jeopardy......Thanks Johan

Hell, last night I even forgot all about dinner I was so busy expanding and defending my Turkish empire. Luckily, I did remember to feed our horse - my wife doesn't care that I might starve but when it comes to her favorite critter it's an entirely different story :(

(I never did end up eating cause I jumped right back into the game after I got back from the stables!)

Great game :)

Must... play... EU... no... want... girlfriend... no... want... alchool... no... want... drugs... need... EU... give... EU... to... me...

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Too... weak... only... EU... no... food... no... drink... days... no... sleep... *poft*

Carlos

Hhm..... Work or Eu? Let's see.....

18.20 back from work, start up computer, watch quickly headlines on tv, computer ready to go....

18.28 start up Eu
18.29 loading savegame...come on come on come on!! yes!
18.30 Where was i?...Oh yes, annihilation of the Mughals, gogogogogogogo
19.00 dinner ? nah
20.00 dinner ? nah, phone rings...
20.03 phone still ringing, but but but i want to win this fight.... phone stops... yeah!
20.30 phone again, they're lucky i have to take a leak..
21.00 dinner, no way, shower, no way,
03.30 dinner, no way, shower, no way, what the F*, it's that late!!!! I have to go to bed, maybe just trying to vassalize brandenburg again....well allrighdie, why not.
06.30 Ok, ok i'm going allready (to the shower that is, because i need to be at work at 07.30)

Addicting? Well, let me say, just a little ....;)

"I'll wait until January 1st next year, then save and go to sleep... What the heck, it's already February! Well, I'll wait until January 1st next year, then save and go to sleep..."

"Shops close soon, I better get something for the weekend... Damn! Well, the pizza taxis run until morning... Damn! Well, I think I've got some macaroni, and there that piece of cheese that stopped moving last week..."

Ok, I do go to work, granted. But guess where I read these posts?

The other day I tried to vassalize a co-worker but it did'nt work out. Now our relations are at -200. :)

On Saturday, I'm thinking about political annexation of one girl. I've been preparing the political groundwork, giving stately gifts of 250 ducats over time. Our relations are now at +90. There is one catch: Can you politically annex someone without making them a vassal first? (women don't like to be vassals I hear) :D

And think of all the good evangelical work you can do in spreading the word about the game. Get those people that you used to know as friends involved in the game and, hey presto, you have an ally and relations are up (+20). If they don't join the gaming community then it goes down (-15)

I'm in serious trouble though at work. Moving office tomorrow and I'll be without the computer to send messages for most of the day. Better just stay at home, or how about a 16hr session of EU with the odd break to put kettle on.

Food. Who needs it. Just make sure you get at least one good meal every week.

Sleep, unfortunately is just one of those nasty habits that I can't seem to break. Maybe I should smoke a lot more.