• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tomikek

Corporal
5 Badges
Jul 24, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
From what I've read in history books, epidemics and disease outbreaks were quite often in ancient times. Imperator world would be much dynamic if there were disease outbreaks that could be transmitted by ships, army, trade etc. Nd also make a map mode for it like in Ck2 plus make it visible on the map by adding a visual dark fog over the infected territory.

• 44Like
Reactions:
Maybe we can also have some sort of squalor mechanism (decrases pop happiness, increases epidemic chance of happening, increases food concamption).
Also a rework on natural disasters earthquakes, volcanoes, harsh winters, sea storm for ships, fires etc would help keep the pop in check while making them more of an issue.

• 6Like
Reactions:
One important element thats missing from your original post is marshlands. People in the ancient world were well aware of their role in spreading diseases.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great idea. I feel that expanding it a bit more and creating a scaling system of areawide disaster with varying effects would be great. For example we allready have earthquakes and vulcanos I believe. Epidemics could be another one, and could and should have huge ramifications. Another one could be large scale climate changes. Especially if they ever increase the enddate a decreasing temperature could be a great mechanic to entice the barbarians from the north and/or east to start migrating due to overpopulation and less agriculture returns in their homelands. Bringing about the early migration era.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Armies/cohorts being able to be infected is crutial since it would make no sense to send a 100k doomstack into a plague ridden city. Such a army would die by the thousands real quick

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Yes. Disease and health problems make Crusader Kings very fun.