Adams hotfix (1.6.1) released [checksum b38e]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hot-Fix 1.6.1 (Adams) aka a drop on the hot stone ... Keep going !

but I'm not sure if you read the beta topic before you pushed the 1.6.1 live...
"They" don't, be sure, they don't care. It is just Jamor pops up once a week blablaing us like they work superhard making an appearance like if they care about their customers or smg - pushed some standard calming words, u know. They just switched the state of last patch from beta to official so to buy themselves another week or so. The only thing they may be busy with related to Stellaris is making a plan of new DLC full of rainbow-colored penguins and peacocks to doublecharge their naive fans again. Investing efforts in making game work correctly is not economy viable. Making it look sellable - is. Think about it.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they ignore our reports just because they have just 1 programmer who woke up today and felt like he wants to play with multiplayer code instead of digging on forums looking for old stinky bugs? Surely the heads do not share much with this poor guy who has to do the hard work, so he is not very much motivated? We r all humans after all. Me too. With -45 bucks in my wallet I want to pay off... Waiting for a year already and still see not a step in a right direction. Sad story continues, but money already gone. Each DLC asks for more and I don't feel like paying a penny more. Yet.

Hey, still reading this? Feel angry? Hit that red button - u will feel better. I know that it is not my fault u feel bad about this game and what PDX does to it one patch at a time, but let me help u at least to blow some steam off, that is all I can do for u. In fact, I feel the same, that is why I write those letters as an emotional response to each of my afterpatch experience. Unfortunately, they are the same every time - how could it be? Coincidence? I don't think so...

Last edited:
Never had a War in Heaven either. I never even had more than one FE awake (and in case of opposing ethos it would just quickly devour the non awakened one).
I had a war of heaven once, funny enough I nerver encountered an endgame crisis.
But the problem with my war of heaven was, that I was part of the unaligned faction, but this faction never formed and so I was never part of the war of heaven. yeah~

I saw some people mentioning achievments not working for them. In 1.5 i found a bug if You just created/modified (not sure) a race and started a game directly without going to race selection screen You couldnt earn achivements even if game said You could. Whereas if You created a race than saved it and then went to race selction screen selected this newely created race You could earn achievments. Dunno if that was fixed in 1.6 but maybe this will help someone.

Also being both software tester myself and fan of Paradox games it pains me to see this much effort wasted. Doesnt Paradox have some "bug report template" or some other system which would speed up and structurize feedback and error managment? I found numerous bugs in both Stellaris and EUIV but didnt find easy and structrized way to report them. If such way exists it is well hidden --> Can someone point me to it if that is the case?

So first Paradox released a patch that broke lots of things, and people where complaining that they should release the patches as opt-in betas to allow some more testing before pushing it out to everybody. Now they've done exactly that, and people instead complain that they haven't made any changes in the patch? I guess people will complain whatever they do.

Personally I think this is the correct way of doing it. What's the point of having patches as opt-in betas if you're then going to make changes to them and invalidate the testing people have been doing? No, the only changes that should be done to a beta patch is to fix new issues caused by the patch itself.

Though I do agree that they could be a bit more transparent on which issues are being tracked, since right now you're often left wondering whether someone's acknowledged your bug report or not. Just having a thread which lists all the issues they know about would be helpful.

Hopefully an open beta for 1.6.2 will go up by the end of today or sometime tomorrow.

Hopefully an open beta for 1.6.2 will go up by the end of today or sometime tomorrow.

Yea... because now it looks that - 5 days passed, they end beta for it, without any differences/new fixes.
So what, they do nothing about 'fixing' for last 5 days? *ohh PDXCON taboo*
Still sitting at 1.5.1, at last 'something' works. :(

Wondered if anyone might be able to help; I'm unable to access the 1.6.1 update (via Steam, either as an opt-in beta or the open push).

I've tried the following:
- Fresh Steam + Stellaris install (inc. wiping all retained data from the game prior to reinstall).
- Steam global settings set to permit beta opt-ins.
- Verified game cache.
- Cleared steam global download cache.

All other versions of Stellaris are available, inc. 1.6.0 and the bradybury_beta

Any thoughts? Appreciate any feedback/advice.

Never had a War in Heaven either. I never even had more than one FE awake (and in case of opposing ethos it would just quickly devour the non awakened one).

War in heaven needs 2 FEs with opposing Ethos to awaken. Usually that coincides with the appearance of a crisis as the crisis will wake a second fallen empire. So far, I almost inevitably got wars in heaven everytime I played that far unless I got rid of one of the fallen empires before that.

So many people complaining about this patch...I haven't really had any issues outside of the egalitarians hating me for settling a world with pre-sentients because they consider pre-sentients to always be enslaved apparently. I guess I've just been lucky?

I saw some people mentioning achievments not working for them. In 1.5 i found a bug if You just created/modified (not sure) a race and started a game directly without going to race selection screen You couldnt earn achivements even if game said You could. Whereas if You created a race than saved it and then went to race selction screen selected this newely created race You could earn achievments. Dunno if that was fixed in 1.6 but maybe this will help someone.

Also being both software tester myself and fan of Paradox games it pains me to see this much effort wasted. Doesnt Paradox have some "bug report template" or some other system which would speed up and structurize feedback and error managment? I found numerous bugs in both Stellaris and EUIV but didnt find easy and structrized way to report them. If such way exists it is well hidden --> Can someone point me to it if that is the case?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/support-bug-reports.879/

So many people complaining about this patch...I haven't really had any issues outside of the egalitarians hating me for settling a world with pre-sentients because they consider pre-sentients to always be enslaved apparently. I guess I've just been lucky?

Consumers have different standards, I'd wager. It's clear any time you plug into a game community that some people really expect and demand a bug free experience and if they don't get it they feel ripped off and abused. Some people are more used to the errors that crop up through game development and are more patient with the unavoidable bugs.

There aren't -any- games that are bug free that i've ever found ever but that is apparently not the experience some people have had and instead the games they've experienced with bugs make them feel like they've been ripped off.

Consumers have different standards, I'd wager. It's clear any time you plug into a game community that some people really expect and demand a bug free experience and if they don't get it they feel ripped off and abused. Some people are more used to the errors that crop up through game development and are more patient with the unavoidable bugs.

There aren't -any- games that are bug free that i've ever found ever but that is apparently not the experience some people have had and instead the games they've experienced with bugs make them feel like they've been ripped off.

There is a difference between being bug free and being a mess that is not being fixed for month. I own most of PDX game (see bellow my forum avatar), I know buggy games. However, I find the way they are handling Stellaris to be particularly bad when compared to their other recent titles. I am not asking the game to be bug free, I am asking the same quality they are delivering for their other products. I don't know what goes wrong exactly with Stellaris, but obviously something is not quite right.

Why is not possible to have a discussion on internet without using strawman. It is not helping anyone...